All Comments on 'F3 Booty Hideaway'

by _Lynn_

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Both Marvelous and Weird

OK, I absolutely loved this one. Great use of the image, and the way it tightly unfolded until the wonderful drop kick into another zany dimension altogether was both clever and masterfully done. I wouldn't be surprised to see this in a major magazine. Great use of the senses too. I could smell, taste, see, and hear it all. Got to repeat that it was an excellent use of the image and of the word space.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The mind plays tricks...

Very well done. I truly felt Erica's pain and triumph. (That orange in the picture would drive me insane too!). Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5 starz

Ah! You have some talent for the macabre! Pleasant surprise. Nice touch.

SecondCircleSecondCircleover 10 years ago
Torn

Hmm. I'm conflicted with this one.

A nice tight short story. The main complaint I had with the story was the lack of eroticism. However, I've seen no rule stating that sex or anything has to be included in the story. After all, there is a non erotic category here at Lit, and if not for the contest it would fit there, so there's nothing wrong with this. I guess, personally, I just wanted there to be a little FAWCing going on. Especially with "Booty" in the title and plump as a tag. Ah, but that's just my opinion.

I like the short stab and twist of the plot. I felt for her, and the themes used within were effective. How she used her "addiction" as comfort, and the picture as a thing to haunt her with the woman in the water. All culminating in an ending I didn't see coming.

The utilization of the pic was done well, albeit strangely. It was a centerpiece, a constant reminder, and you used actual characters in the pic. I liked how the decorations and the painting that everyone hated basically became their key to a better life and came full circle to that very scene.

I would liked to have seen a bit more, a little more time taken with the emotions and the themes in the story. They felt like, reallyreallyreally fast, which is okay for such a short story, but I did want more. The wording and passage of time, as well as dialogue and overall plot felt kinda rushed for me, but again this is personal opinion.

Overall, it was an odd but good use of the pic, a bit lacking in content (and sex, that's just me), but was a good short FAWC entry with a unique little twist. Your theme was both saddening, uplifting, and mischievous all at once. Enjoyed the story and good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent

Great, well written, captivating short story. There was an element of pathos and despair running just under the surface, that exploded in a satisfying fashion. I wanted to shake the woman, and tell her to get on with living her life. The picture on the wall did it for me.

It was a creative way of using the picture element. The daily comparisons, the mocking image, made it a thorn in her side. I wondered if the voices were real, or imaginary. The tearing down of the picture with the mother in the room made that clear. Thank you for not leaving me hanging.

My only complaint was the ending felt rushed. The loss of two hundred pounds in a year would not be pretty. Perhaps plastic surgery could take care of that. If they had ended up at the same resort as in the picture, there would have been a satisfying completion. Then again, maybe not, it might have been too neat. All tied up in a bow.

I wouldn't have minded if the final scene instead of on the beach, was in a cabana with one of those young hunks. Or in the water, swimming into his arms.

Apart from those picky personal preferences, it was excellent.

TxRadTxRadover 10 years ago
Interesting

A use of the picture I never imagined. Very good job.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
Ugly duckling...

was the first thing that crossed my mind with this story. Quite a transformation, and all because of a stupid picture. Okay, maybe not a stupid picture, but one that was quite irritating, and eventually rewarding, to Erica.

It's interesting to see how one photo has led to so many different plots. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well written

It was a short succinct story and well written but I just don't know how I feel about the stereo-typical unhappy fat girl who loses weight and all is right again with the world.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Interesting twist on the FAWC picture

considering the content and the contest I am puzzled by what the Lit Bot thought were similar stories to this.

oh well, off to read some of the other entries in F3

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user_Lynn_@_Lynn_
274 Followers
Author of stories that touch the reader with emotion and a hint of reality.