All Comments on 'It's a Christmas, Carol'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 97 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Silas Marley says:what the dickens is this about?

Iris and carol seemed to go into identity crisis in Christmas past. It was a bit all over the place from a structure point of view. Why did Carol get put on the sex offenders list? You have done a lot better than this but I expect it will be over scored for old times sake.

Happy Christmas. And what happened to the goose by the way. It sounds as though Evan was better off without the ball and chain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

1* happy Christmas, this is not up to your standards. It was all over the place.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Love the 2112 reference. Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it

Classic. Love the way you bring other characters from previous stories into the newer ones. Nice play on "Evan Neezer"....and the line it's "Christmas, Carol"....keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Christmas Carol Stang style

I love the Christmas Carol and this was spot on. Great work

dmhackdmhackover 10 years ago
Kind of blah and uninspired

I got the feeling, while reading this, that it's more about quantity than quality. This story was, at best, a rough first draft--scraps for the masses. It was predictable and thin and not at all entertaining.

Your groupies will no doubt heap praise on you (it seems to be their default response), but if you're honest with yourself you'll know that I'm right.

DavidYoungDavidYoungover 10 years ago
That was

A Great CHRISTMAS Story!

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Great!

Thanks for sharing.

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Laughing All The Way

Oh What Fun It Is to Read, A StangStar Tale Tonight!

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
Merry Christmas to you and family Stang :)

Christmas just wouldn't feel complete without a StangStar story with a nice happy ending :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A problem

I don't usually post anon, but this story got me thinkin about something.

As a child of divorce who effectively lost a parent as a result, and as a social worker who works with children, I cringe whenever I see yet another story where the "hero" removed the other parent like so much dead weight without consequence to the kids.

The reality is, no matter how much you may think the other person is a monster or how abusive their behavior may be, loss of a parent is always a highly impactful and very negative experience for children under the age of 14.

Now I realize that this is a fantasies site, and fantasies are by definition fantastical, but if you have to stretch human experience and response so far beyond reality that it becomes almost unrecognizable in order to make your story work, then doesn't that say something about your story or your abilities as a storyteller?

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Didn't like it much

This author has written some really good stories. The problem I had with this one is that Carol apparently did really love Evan, but that aspect of the relationship was never played up in the finale.

I think the framework of what drove Carol to start cheating and how plays out could make for a great story. This story just doesn't do the plot justice.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Mental Illness

Another tale where the wife's mental illness is the cause of her downfall. Sure, you can chalk it up to selfishness, but to be that self destructive, to be that twisted inside to harbor anger against your parents and put it on your husband, that is seriously sick. Many of this authors tales have an otherwise loving wife who seems to lose her mind and start fucking other men. While that is certainly possible, I have not seen it throughout my life. I have generally seen people maintain their character traits from childhood all the way through their adult lives. Some people seem to born cheaters. Once you have seen that quality in them, you can usually see how it pervades the rest of theirs as well. They cheat in all aspects of their lives, cheating on tests, cheating in games, goldbricking at work or taking credit that isn't theirs. It is easy to recognize such people over time. In short these people are shit. The trouble is, put a pretty face on one of them and people start to believe their lies.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Fine take on an old classic.

Well done and an enjoyable read. Ho Ho Ho

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Stupid!!!

What a waste of time.

imhaplessimhaplessover 10 years ago
Cute and entertaining

Even if in the wrong category (Sc Fi) worth a 5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

@ mr social worker...

I do believe statistically speaking that kids seem to end up even more fucked up when dealing with two highly adversarial parents who have shared custody for the majority of their younger lives than those who effectively suffer one parental figure loss.

so while remove one fucked up/demented/damaged/etc parent from a kids life may not be the best thing for them, it usually isn't any worse in the long haul, and also in the end.... that's life, deal with it and roll on. To much of todays society is focused on the wellbeing of everyone, to much daddys little princess has lead to this latest generation of entitlement that makes me want to slap the shit out of a lot of people.

Also when you have child protective agencies taking kids away from their parents for two weeks because the neighbors were arguing, and the cops couldn't figure out what was going on exactly until the next day, and still they kids we're returned to their parents for another 13 days.... shit like happening around (yes that situation actually happened, no wasn't me, nor was it a national headline case) more and more, well.... sorry to say but you saying your a social worker just kinda discredits you in this whole spectrum.

@ss06

another decent tale, could have been longer and more developed, not as good as last y ears, still a decent little tale with your typical sideslap naming schemes.

4/5

t_i_n_at_i_n_aover 10 years ago
two sides of the coin.

You did a great job making us feel sorry for Carol. Of course, that's the fuel for the criticism and shows that you know what you are doing as a writer. On the other hand, if it wasn't planned, good instincts! !!

Fun read, regardless. I see that some commenters take themselves way too seriously. Happy Holidays!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WHY!!!!!!!!!!

WHY!!!!!!!!!!! did I waste my time and read this shit. You are one sick mother fucker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Stangstar support

Why do these morons keep putting you down when you clearly are a great story teller? They must be into cuckold stories. Not truly men at all! Great story Stang!! I gave the story 5 stars!

Keep up the good work!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Funny

As usual, you make the reader laugh for Christmas. Now, THAT'S a gift!!!!! Thanks, Stanger. Merry Christmas. Thanatos57

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

Great tale. I'm glad it was a happy ending, at least for the good people. The cheaters got what they deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
UM!

Fraid I fell asleep. I started over and fell asleep again. Then I said "The hell with it."

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
5*****

An excellent fantasy story a'la SS06. The fable story is in total fable figure with ghosts, time travel and other funnies. However these instruments worked well in the story for supporters of SS06'stories as I am. I did not find any misgynist flavor in the story.............but not cheater and cheating supporter story.

The bastard problem was shown well in the future scen. Yes Carol was shown by the Author as a more dimensionals person and the reader feel a little sorry for her. However this reader is glad for the happiness of Evan and Iris, but my fetish is cheating wife change to a better new wife and this pleasure is understandable at me...........is this migynist thing???????

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

Fun story. Your usual puns and other play on words/names almost always make me smile. Maybe it's just me but it seems like there was a section here where the names Carol and Iris were mixed up and I seem to remember another recent story or two where this happened. Maybe I simply read things wrong. Didn't take away from the light hearted nature of the piece. You had me worried with the intro and what Carol was up to but the best people eventually did get together. Thanks for the posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good enough...

Carol did herself in by being self-centered and punishing her husband and kids because she had problems with her parents and getting attention... Oh well, the truth is: Almost all young people go through this until they have their own children. Not all do grow of course...like Carol.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
COULD EVEN EBENEZER COMPETE WITH THAT

the payoff will never fit the actions taken. TK U MLJ LV NV

jeeter4ujeeter4uover 10 years ago
Close

but no cigar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Enjoyed It

Overall I enjoyed it, but unfortunately the name switching caused a lot of problems.

I always love a story with Chrissie. I don't think she is that devlish because if I remember the original story, she is the soul of his first girlfriend who was a true angel, not an evil bitch.

Surprised to see Ivy, and her doing penance for her indiscretions. Perhaps you are going to update her and Tim's story, and are giving us a clue where you are headed.

Very fun, a typical SS06 story, but great. I certainly like your tying together your supernatural tales.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"He can't order that fat bitch around at home so he makes up for it by ordering us around here."

George Jenkins(really?) the only guy who got it right and he gets fired for it.

Stupid, 1*

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
@Social Worker/Divorced Kid

Just read through the comments. If you really are a social worker then you should recognize that the wife character is suffering from serious mental illness, and causing tremendous harm to the family. Instead of dealing with her problems, she gave into them. There is only so far that other people can and should go to reach out to mentally ill and destructive people. At some point you have to cut them loose. In this case, the husband did the right thing. Everyone is responsible for their behavior, and will reap the gains or losses from that behavior. It is just the way it is, everyone has choices.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Have yourself a dreary little Christmas

About the most unpleasant Christmas story I've ever heard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Interesting take

Interesting twist of old Ebeneezer and spirits of Christmas. I enjoyed it. It was a bit dark but so was that story. Nicely done.

WyldMTWyldMTover 10 years ago
Another great one SS06

Keep up the good, imaginative stories.

DMHack, if you don't like his stories, don't read them. As a fan of SS06, I will let him know if I don't like one of his stories. However, there are several authors on Literotica that I have tried to read their stories and do not like what they write so I don't read their submissions anymore. You should try to do the same thing...!!!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Weird, but interesting

I need to brush up on my Dickens!

d2talld2tallover 10 years ago
Great story!!

If some of your good readers of your Christmas Carol haven't read all your stories that wouldn't recognize that you brought back to life Tim and Ivey from your earlier writing. Very good Christmas story. Super read.

deadonedeadoneover 10 years ago
Great story

I can sense a little mirth in the story.

Always wondered about Tim and Chrissie (had to double check the spelling for my own sake). Would they ever pop up again?

I may have missed it, but when are you going to let your guy get a Stage 3?

He ends up with the girl, the money, the world on a string, let him have a Stage 3.

Thank you for the excellent story.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Magical Story

Nice to see Chrissie is still around. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Another amusing story

even with a potentially bad situation. Personally I don't think most people would make the transition so easily. Stang's universe is a fun one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Always a great read from StangStar06

Thanks for the unique retelling of a classic. I always look forward to your next tale. - claud137

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 10 years ago
Only part worth the effort..........

was the 2 possible boys. "Evan Neezer" and "Tiny Tim" were idiotic however. Very poor story.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Merry Xmas

I like the use of Xmas ghost twist in the story, and how Tim & Chrissy were introduced in to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Stang dude, I feel this is about the shittiest story you have ever written, and your editor's lazy fat ass isn't worth a crap either. The plot made absolutely no sense to me, but you gave a warning of something to that effect in the beginning, so I can't really complain about that. What I can fib about is that you messed up Iris and Carol's name quite a few times, which your editor either missed or ignored along with some grammar. I mean whats the point of an editor if this sort of work is going on as the final draft.

Also why are the guys here always fucking 'screaming'? Why can't they 'shout' or 'yell' or speak 'loudly' or 'angrily'? Are they men or little fucking 5 year old girls screaming their heads off?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Depressing

Didn't like this one. I got confused with the Christmas Past with the swap of names between Carol and Iris. You always seem to heap praise on your editors, and I'm not sure exactly what they do for you, but I really think you can benefit by having a proof-reader review your final work before posting your stories to catch basic errors.

1zardoz956081zardoz95608over 10 years ago
Reread

The perfect comedy to chase the devils of winter away.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 WHEN MYTHS AND LEGENDS COMPETE

with real life and the world still turns, one must believe its possible. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Twas the night before fun -

Then the shit hit the fan LOL

Well done caricature of the original -

It had humor and pain and love - great trio - nice work d00d heh

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 10 years ago
Timing in the end

You said that they were going on their second honeymoon. TI. Would be ten years old at that point. How can he be running the shop? The story was OK but not one of your better works. Would have been interesting I'd he looked Tim and Chrissy up after the fact.

I like 90% of your stories but this one while cute for the holidays had so much potential and was just wasted. Also as previous commentators have stated there were more than a few mistakes made that just killed the flow of the story.

Anyway this is just my $0.02 worth. Take it or leave it.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@Seeker1107

He said it was their 10th "second honeymoon", NOT their 10th anniversary!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Comments

First, I was also confused when he called Carol Iris a couple of times. I only noticed it twice in one scene, but maybe there were more that I also missed.

As far as cutting out Carol, it didn't seem to that Evan did that so much as Carol herself and the children's own desires.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
dificult vote.

if i read this at xmas , i give it 5 stars .

if i read it feb - october .. i give it 4 stars ..

crazy huh ???

bahhh, hump bugged

xxxhugsxxx

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
STRANGE THINGS HAPPEN

when the dimensions become altered by spirits. TK U MLJ LV NV

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
I liked it once he got his head out of his ass, all these dense husbands irritate me.

So, I loved how it ended, Carol got just what she deserved and Iris and Evan had a good life. The minor mistakes did not bother me much as I like Stang's stories (most of them) too much to let little things bother me.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
I really got into this one.

I wasn't too interested until about the middle of page 2. Then, as they say about reading a good book, I couldn't "put it down." 5 stars

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
at first I thought I read it wrong

then I realized how clever the word play was as he asked to be dropped some when.

IndyOnIndyOnabout 9 years ago
Tenth Anniversary

Going on their 10th anniversary and TI is going to run the business while they are gone?...Wouldn't he only be 9 or 10?....still a 5 in my Christmas book!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

You really... really need to read a law book....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I LOVED IT

Six words! I LOVED IT! FAN BLOODY TASTIC. ....Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars = 100 %. Bye.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I Don't Particularly Enjoy Sappy Holiday Stories.

I am the definitive Scrooge of Christmas. Life has not given me one single thing to be happy about from Thanksgiving through New Years. But I must give you this...it was, indeed, well written. And I am sure that I will be heavily outnumbered by people who find value in 'happily ever after'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
sad

I love all your stories.

But this one made me feel so sad.

My takeaway was the wife was mentally ill, and it destroyed her life.

And her family punished her for being ill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
LOVED IT

Six million dollar question, Did Tim and Ivy or rather Chrissie and Ivy get their good Karma for peace in their lives. B.T.B Carol ? Cheaters always get caught Now that's bad Karma. 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE

Mauser45Mauser45almost 6 years ago
Just FYI....

They're the little boy's HALF-brother and sister. If they share one biological parent, that makes them HALF siblings. STEP siblings are what Iris' kids would be to Evan's, had she brought any into the marriage with her. There would be no genetic link between them. I've noticed this mistake in a few other stories I've read on Lit in the past, and that gripes me. Otherwise, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Couldn't Stop Reading

Thanks for an interesting version on Mr Dickens story,

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No crossovers!!

The mixing of at least two other standalone stories, with the mixing in of nonsensical supernatural ghost vein not hinted at in that manner in any of the other stories, has ruined this and them.

Occasional crossovers are doable if done right. Not a considerable percentage of your stories, and this is the worst one to date.

Also, have now done a fair whack of your stories in a row - male protagonist is routinely either beta male, simp or cuck that has an event happen, he firms up, life continues. You can start with a strong character too, you know. Difficult to relate to your protagonist as the theme seems to try convey a passage from weakness to strength, but the contempt a reader has for the protagonist due to abhorrent behaviour makes it difficult to reconcile. Also the translation of weakness to strength is lost - you can be strong and suffer loss and lose your way. I'd like to read stories like that, and connect with the protagonist more. The putting a pussy on a pedestal and likening a partner to a deity is also severely repetitive and overdone, and also so inflated as to be contemptible and difficult to suspend disbelief.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
WOw

Old man, whore wife, young secretary fetish, and car. Terrible crap from you again. Old dudes and young pussy is not real. Gold digger and blue pill popping geezer is reality. Cockstang06

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Exercise In Wishful Thinking

2013 OSU vs Michigan, aka "The Game" OSU 42, Michigan 41 (Football.) Mike Valente would only be crowing about Michigan's win in the psych ward with the rest of the delusional wolverines.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

After reading the last few anonymous comments, I figured it was time for a fan's comment. This was a terrific merging of the Dickens story and a common LW theme of the guy dumping the cheater and his unintended revenge being a happy life.

Welsh_GentWelsh_Gentabout 4 years ago
Step Brother and Sister?

Were the kids that doted on Tim Ivan, Evan Neezer's children if so that would make them half brother and sister as they shared the same father! I didn't see mention of Iris having kids so just wondering where the step kids come from!

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Damn good story but very sad

.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Strange

A little bit strange for me, but interesting and a lot of fun as is usual with SS06. I enjoyed it.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Disagree

Disagree with other comments,personaly,I thought it was a load of hogwash.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star - no comment

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Not one of your best somewhat tongue in cheek

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If that whore would have burst in to my office and said she wanted a divorce, she'd have had one or I'd have choked her. Disrespecting whore, should have been working in the business. Iris ended up his wife, because she loved him...

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

#1, cheating is always wrong. I want to make that clear. There are other ways to deal with one's problems. BUT, if anyone had enough boxes to check, Carol had them in spades.

#2. The husband was garbage. He claims to love her but besides stating so, where is the evidence? When you love someone you are connected to them emotionally. He NEVER noticed that her parents didn't show appreciation or love for their daughter? This isn't a matter of just perception. They bought gifts for their grandchildren and GAVE them to their daughter. They clearly favored the son which is a very common issue, especially the further in time you go back. Evan never noticed? He never noticed the depression after one of these gatherings where his wife was slighted?

#3. It's obvious that Evan was clueless to his wife's lack of self esteem and depression. Her lashing out didn't cause any introspection. Carol blaming Evan isn't productive or healthy but it is common. That no one in her family was able to recognize her despair is tragic.

Again. Cheating isn't isn't answer but this story is more about a bitter idiot wanting to burn cheaters than realistic portrayals of bad communication, egotism and moral superiority. Evan is just as much to blame for the marital failure as Carol. Cheating may be wrong but so is failing to care for one's spouse's emotional well being and mental health. The end where she is arrested is total bullshit. You know it and I know it.

This story is misogynistic nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think it was Great that the wife was caught with her lover . I also would have kicked her ass to the curb . Ask My ex wife if I wouldn't do that . Her Lover knocked her up twice and she put his name on the birth certificate . Otherwise thanks to the laws in California I would have ended up paying for those 2 kids ..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Deep story. Sounds a tad familiar but I can't place it. It wasn't Christmas, but my hubby dumped my cheating ass. I cried, I begged, I prayed, but I had hurt the man I loved too deeply. I signed off on everything and left with nothing. I have a good job still and am rebuilding. God how I miss his arms around me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nimrox, you love trashing writers. What have you written thats better?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

JUST ANOTHER WIMP CUCK MC HUSBAND!! YPUR PATHETIC CUCK STORIES WITH WEAK WIMP MC DON'T DESERVE ANY STARS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WHY ARE YOUR MC SO CLUELESS ABOUT THE SKANK WIVES!! YOUR CLUELESS MC DON'T SEE THE SIGNS GLARING AT THEM!!

REALLY WESK WIMPY CUVK MCs

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I stopped reading after the threats of divorce. 20 years ago my ex wife started threatening me with divorce and I tried to satisfy her...it didn't work and she got her long hoped for divorce. Since then any woman I have been with if they even hint at break up I encourage it. I will never again try and stop a woman from leaving. It is a waste because if she is threatening you with it then she has already thought it over and has it planned! Just cut em loose and let them be someone else's problem!!! I like all Stangs stories just not this one.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Another great story it was enjoyed n appreciated.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[03.11.22]

Fun Story!

11/10 1971 Mach I Mustangs!!!!!

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
What

What was drycreeks reading?.This is a bigger load of crap than his last Xmas story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Highly entertaining

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Evan is just another stupid weak wimpy cuck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

EVAN'S VISITORS AND THEIR MIXED MESSAGES.....LIKE THE 2 BOYS WERE SO FUCKING CONFUSING THEN SEEING THE WHORE IN HER HOUSE 3/4 YEARS AGO DIDN'T SAY WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS.....PISS POOR STORYTELLING

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Was this ever edited? Name mixups were prevalent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm reading the story with "Ivy" next, as I've already read "Chrissie" a few times before. I'm probably going the read the story with the reindeer again as well just for fun.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Story good but it took 2readings to get all the parts in line. Sometimes it takes more time to see all these stories are not excepted fiction. Question? Why do readers think writing comments in all CAPS make them worth something more that dribble?

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

Sorry, although I read the entire story, I just did not enjoy reading it.

HighBrowHighBrow7 months ago

I kept getting lost…

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I just found the story a bit confusing. Didn't really work for me I'm afraid. BardnotBard

tanker_raytanker_ray5 months ago

I really liked this story, Dickens would've also. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

4 Stars on a decent story . I hope that everyone else likes it OK .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Too bad the poor first wife didn't realize whar she had and went to a good counseler to get her head staight.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous