All Comments on 'Carnal Knowledge Ch. 01-02'

by Emmeline

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Awesome continue please

More

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Oh Wonderful Start

I eagerly await Chapter 2. I hope you plan to write this as a series.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 10 years ago
Love it

Goody old bounder and cad material.

Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wow, this is off to a great start!

This is the best I've read in a while. Please don't stop and I can't wait for the next installment. Thank you.

boogaloocrumpboogaloocrumpabout 10 years ago
Wicked Aristocrats and innocent servants .........

My absolute favourite kind of story ........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Pound notes ?

Not in 1840 ! At least you didn't have him unzipping her. Now off to get my anorak and wait for next installment.

Phil_PatsfanPhil_Patsfanabout 10 years ago
So Far so good.....

So far , it's a pretty good story. I can't wait to see what happens next. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Love it!

What a great beginning and from a completely new author at that. Well done!

Can't wait to read more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Retelling a familiar tale

It's a good exercise to retell a typical bodice ripper. I wish you well in your endeavor. It would be more interesting to tell it differently, and perhaps that is your intention. Too soon to know what direction you intend to take. There are enough fans of this type of story to keep you in accolades even if you take the same path as those who have gone before you. I won't be joining you in the journey, although I applaud your effort.

EmmelineEmmelineabout 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you and whoops!

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate them very much!

To anonymous #2, thank you for catching my error on the money. I meant to look that up and failed to do so. I will correct the mistake!

boogaloocrumpboogaloocrumpabout 10 years ago
Pound notes in 1840 ........

Between the Great Re-coinage of 1816 and the Bank Charter Act of 1844 banks were allowed to print their own promissory notes of various denominations,I seem to recall even a £3 existed ( or might have, my 'A' level history days are a very long time ago), so though it's unlikely that Eliza would have a 'clip' of them, each one probably worth about £100 in today's economic climate, it is, however, plausible ..........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wonderful!

Tis is a great read, please keep up the good work, you are a fantastic author!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Love it!

Please put up the next chapter as soon as you're done! This story was a really good read and has a lot of potential!! I can't wait to read what happens next!

LadyPartsLadyPartsabout 10 years ago
Well done!

Great story well told. Looking forward to the rest!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 10 years ago
Good start!

Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wonderful story.

Love loved the story continue please.

WalterMitteyWalterMitteyalmost 10 years ago
Jolly good stuff

Haha, I'm surprised more rape stories don't include an English heroine crying "You mustn't!" because oh my god that's hot. Well done :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WOW!

Fantastic start!

Keep going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great

wonderful writing and captivating characters! please keep writing!

yesterdaysyesterdaysalmost 9 years ago

Wow. Very hot!++ Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What Planet?

I'm not sure what parallel universe this story is set in but the premise, hackneyed as it is - I mean wealthy Lord, innocent governess, please! - is too worn to be interesting to any but a simpleton. And no woman on this planet would be raped then think "Everything would seem clearer after a good breakfast."

Do you understand women at all?

And the writing is poor, not technically so but when you follow such a trite scenario you need to have particularly vibrant and creative phrasing and execution. You do not.

And one more thing; you've created a real asshole of a male lead, so much so that you've painted yourself in a corner. No plot twist is going to make him anything other than a monumental dick - rape does that in a story. No amount of contemplation or over the top sexual antics are going to make her feelings anything other than loathing. Congratulations.

So now your only choice is to make her a slave and compound her misery and expound on his cruelty. Some sick fucks on this site might like that, so again, congrats.

One star, which is one more than it deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
???

An ok start. But for some reason I feel like is lacking, I can't feel it. I would have preferred if i felt like I was in the story not sure if I explain myself...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ummmmm

I don't think I like it very much buy ilk read on! Maybe it's just your first story

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
LOVE IT

I love your series and I cannot wait for the next update!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Impressive writing, but sad story

The story held attention and is fairly interesting.

only downside is that its sad. I couldnt jerk off because of that sorry feeling I felt for the governess

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

You did say it started off slow, I will keep reading.

Gaelic_SeanchaiGaelic_Seanchaiabout 8 years ago
Rape is not Seduction!

Rape is not seduction! And, theft and threats against a victim and family does not a Man or a Master make!

Your pivotal character is flawed, but his lordship remains a cowardly criminal and I cannot envision how this story's arc will end with this flawed character finding redemption worthy of the name!

I am an alpha male, but have never, ever needed drugs, ropes and/or brute force to make me strong or a woman weak, let alone experience the timeless joy that allows a submissive her just due, namely to give herself and her soul fully and freely to a Master worthy of her trust and that honor.

Words have power, purpose and passion and your literary talents are better served by writing a story that's worthy of your obvious talent.

Respectfully, Irish Mullarky, a Gaelic Seanchai worthy of that time honored title.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
03/20/16 story not finished

Last chapters leaves with huge cliff hanger. Great potential, but alas waste of time. Dear Author, finish the damn story!

PrOn_EditorPrOn_Editorover 7 years ago
Kudos for a genuine "jus primae noctis" romp!

Upon realizing this was an unfinished gem (and I say that even though not a fan of period pieces), I put this still unfinished novel aside nearly two years ago, patiently awaiting the authoress to grow it into a full-fledged novel. I now see, by the consistently enviable record high 4's Ms. Emmeline's garnered on 16(!) chapters, that many others concur with my praise.

Haste makes waste and it is always unwise to rush a good writer. Sure, we could fault for injecting modern slang, but neither that nor a rare typo detracts from this well-written Harlequin-meets-Penthouse Letters novella. Future editing could eventually correct terminological temporal faux pas.

Might I suggest that those critics who live under a Pollyannish delusion that in our more "civilized" societies, women now have been granted magikal rights that prevent rapes and takings or limit it to barbaric savages in ghettos means you are ignoring the millions of violations of women's bodies and minds by drunken abusers, frat boys, religious zealots and the rich and powerful elite? Complainers really need to buy a clue. Wake up, look around, maybe read the news. Sad to say, nothing's changed all that much since the really real old days. Much of the globe hasn't changed at all, humans haven't evolved much. It might not be "right" or romantic for male cretins and satyrs to act on their impulsive primitive lust or demonstrate the misogynist attitude depicted in Ms. Emmeline's story, but the genetics behind deeply-ingrained belief in droit du seigneur were and are still alive and well at all levels of society. Sometimes, even I regret being a gentleman.

For an author's first effort, Ms. Emmeline, you have already earned your place in Literotica's Hall of Fame. Kudos. Keep up the good slow work. It obviously suits you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No Way Forward

To paraphrase Tolkien, one has left the path of wisdom if one breaks something to find out of what that something is made; that is what the author has done with Eliza.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@SoCallCynic

My, my! Aren’t we sophisticate…

Maria

CafuneCafuneover 7 years ago
Good Story

Am enjoying this story so far. Wish it was in a single file so I could download to my device and read in leisure.

Great story.

olblueyesolblueyesalmost 7 years ago
Back In The Day,,,,

women did not have many rights,,so i understand that about this story line,,but rape and bondage do not turn me on, its not about sex, its about power, and speaking of rape, the lady was a virgin, and yet no mention of breaking her hymen or any blood?? But well written, well paced, do not care for the story line so far. will go one more chapter to see if it gets more interesting.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 7 years ago
Let's remember when this takes place

Folks, we're not talking about a time when society afforded women the same rights as today, and if any bemoan this poor girl's plight, well...remember this is the non-consent category and historically--like it or not--the rich and powerful tended to take what they wanted.

The story establishes Grayson's grandfather as not a nice man and while this earl knows he's not nice, he doesn't care *AND* it doesn't bother him. Like him or not, he is a flawed character and we should expect him to be a bastard in every sense of the word. One needs to then focus on did the writer keep him true to his admitted tendencies? The verdict: a resounding YES.

The governess proves very sympathetic and no one will say she brought this on herself because she got the job to help her mom and her sister. Is Grayson repulsive and manipulative? YES. But should we expect sympathy and kindness from him? NO. Did the author show him as uncaring as we should realistically expect him to be from how the author established his character? YES.

One thing we have to remember is that actual "romance" as a genre usually involved a lot of tragedy and most certainly ended with one or both people of the couple DYING--hence Shakespeare's "Romeo & Juliet"--and yes--even "Don Juan Tenorio," who pretty much today is considered a "romantic" figure, but he took as many women as he wanted and did as he pleased, stabbing and killing as he pleased. It is only in modern times we equate "romance" to having a happy ending--which is quite ridiculous because real life doesn't mirror that.

Is this my preferred genre? No. However, I can appreciate that the story recreates the general air of the time quite well and it's not deviating from the established baseline for where the characters began. On that basis, 5.

qarlcueqarlcuealmost 7 years ago
Hard work! I hope you've enjoyed the process!

Congrats on writing the first part of this story. First of all, you've made the effort to write, re-write, edit, and finally submit a long piece. It takes a lot of work. Thanks for the effort, because I don't know about anyone else, but I got to read it for free. So I appreciate your hard work, as well as your commitment to keep adding parts. It's no small task.

More than that however, I'm impressed at the range of comments you received. Even among people that claimed to hate it, or even despise it, they made the investment to comment -- often times at length. Whether it's a good thing or bad, all writers of any effort face both praise and criticism. Although some of the harsh commenters may be a better judge of fine literature than I, they at least took the time to write their criticism, even as scathing as it might have been. There's probably something to be said for the fact that they considered it worthy of taking time to express their opinions.

I look forward to reading more of your installments, and hope you don't take the nasty remarks from non-paying readers too seriously. For what it's worth, the ones that state their opinions anonymously shouldn't be taken too seriously. Also, if they're so high-brow, what are they doing lurking in Literotica?

I read Literotica for laughs, smiles, arousal, and cheap entertainment, as well as for the catharsis of finding there are others with similar desires as mine. I don't browse here in search of the next Tolstoy, Keats, or Bronte. I like what you've written, and will enjoy reading more.

ScentualEncountersScentualEncountersover 6 years ago
Bravo!

Love it, love it, LOVE IT! Keep it up! Took me back in time. Can hardly wait to read more!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautiful !

Absolutely beautiful! Please, please, please, we need more. Don't delay any more cos it's a fabulous story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written....but.....

You’ve done en engaging job, except for her deflowering. I wanted to read about the intrusion, the ripping of her hymen, the blood on the sheets to convince him of her virginity. His shock and bewilderment at her truth. Something more to go along with the intensity of the situation.

EmmelineEmmelineover 5 years agoAuthor
@last anon

Originally I had it written more graphically, Anon. But so many people were critical and offended so I caved and rewrote it less strong and detailed. *shrug*

Thanks for reading. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Unfinished

This is a great story. Lots of work went into the writing of this. Great development, plot twists, all you would ever want. Alas, it is unfinished, like several stories here. If a cliff hanger doesn't bother you, by all means dive right in. If an abrupt end with no resolution is not your thing, just stop here.

cpark1170cpark1170over 2 years ago

Warning before you start. This work has been abandoned and left hanging since 2018.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I have to say that the comments here sometimes are even more amusing than the stories: 8 years ago an Anonymous commentator on this story wrote: “I couldn’t jerk off because of that sorry feeling I felt for the governess”. He could not jerk off!! Poor lad!! And so sincere about his interest in art….

Vittorio Vittorossi

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Loved this story, but as another commenter stated previously, this was never finished. Nonetheless, it provided me an evening's entertainment similar to reading an erotic historical romance, and for that I thank the author.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmmeline@Emmeline
1746 Followers
On again, off again writer of smutty romance. I’m sorry Carnal Knowledge isn’t finished. Maybe someday.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES