All Comments on 'Corpulent Carl'

by Callicious

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
mick1953mick1953almost 10 years ago
Well Done

I like to see good writing on this site. You have delivered some very good writing. Some of the middle with Dr. King was a bit trite,but otherwise you did a nice job of developing the characters in the story, and kept the plot tight. The absence of erotica was irrelevant, since it was an engaging tale.

Please keep it up!

bibble36bibble36almost 10 years ago
Marvellous

Bloody brilliant, 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

Cried the whole last two pages. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What a unique, odd story

Four hundred fifty pounds! It was hard to imagine, but I was intrigued, and you didn't let me down. I just spent a fun hour reading it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
WONDERFUL

Callicious, you are one of my all time favorite writers, and this is just another reason why.

Kim in Kansas

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikealmost 10 years ago
Amazing story. I can certainly relate

Like Carl, in 1st grade I was taller, heavier, and stronger than the 3rd graders. My second day on the playground, I was set upon by a bully 3rd grader. When he went to grab me, I threw him about six feet from the grass onto the blacktop. He got skinned up and was bleeding, so naturally I was at fault and punished. The problems you wrote about in this story are unfortunately timeless, and they repeat endlessly.

Thank you for writing such a tale, although it tore open some old wounds, perhaps they will now cleanly heal and no longer fester.

Mike (Bigg due to 6'7" and 410 lbs.)

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikealmost 10 years ago
Oh, and additionally

I went through the story the whole time with tears in my eyes; however, they were not for my history but rather for the story told so beautifully and well.

Mike

cliqueggecliqueggealmost 10 years ago
Great story yet again

Thank you and please continue writing. Your stories are good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wonderful

I do relate to Carl and bullying, discrimination, prejudice and torment.

You have created a great story, sad, happy, and with the very best of endings.

Thankyou.

TraixxxTraixxxalmost 10 years ago
Thank you

I want to thank you for another brilliantly rendered work. The story of Carl is inspirational and thought provoking. I would like to think that I would have been man enough to stand up for him before it ever reached the point of someone being suspended for bullying. But I know that I would have been one who stayed quiet to keep the attention off of myself. It should never get that bad. You have written yet another story that captures our interest from the beginning, and doesn't let go until we have sated our hunger.

Thank you.

Emmet

Ohio

DeepBlueCDeepBlueCalmost 10 years ago
Superb writing ...

seems to fall short.

This is a story communicating a timeless experience of the human condition. There have always been and always will be those who seek to make themselves feel better or divert attention from their own shortcomings at the expense of others. Ted was one of those but fortunately one who learned it was his own shortcomings with which he needed to deal and who finally did so admirably.

It seems to me Annie is the real hero of the story being the one who stood against the wrath of virtually everyone around her to stand up for Carl even when he would not stand for himself. That is a true display of courage and inner strength that is rare yet imminently admirable. It was her strength that finally brought out Carl's strength and gave him the courage to no longer hide himself from the world.

My only complaint as voiced by a couple of the other commenters is the problem of reading through the tears evoked by such an emotionally conveyed story.

It is a tragic loss for more then just Carl that he lost the ability to play the piano. It is sad how a mindless thug can deprive so many other people of the pleasure of hearing someone with Carl's talent play the piano.

Another magnificent piece of work.

Bill

CalliciousCalliciousalmost 10 years agoAuthor
The Hero

Annie IS the real hero, and is a real sweetheart to get to know! There is no one I hold in higher esteem than she. Amazingly, she was willing to share their experience, even down to the personal details.

SaltyDog63SaltyDog63almost 10 years ago
One of the best

I almost didn't read this because of the title. I did and couldn't be more glad that I did. It reminded me of a duo on Britain's Got Talent, 2012, called Jonathan and Charlotte. You can hear them hear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNlcr4frs4s. This truly makes up for the quick ending of Justin Thyme.

CalliciousCalliciousalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Jonathon and Charlotte

Jonathon and Charlotte's audition was the genesis of this story in that discussion of their story brought "Carl" and "Annie" to be willing to share their story with the idea of bringing attention to the needs/hurts of the oversized. It is their desire we all look beyond the appearances of others, and in particular we teach our children to be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 10 years ago
A really good one!

Super story...very well done...!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

It is terrible that some people have to endure bullying like this just so the bully can feel better about themselves.But as you show here it can be overcome and if the bully tries they can change into someone better.Too often though we hear or read about ones that are bullied beyond what they can endure and wind up killing themselves when no one stands up to stop the bullys. You have again shown people in your story that when life has handed them lemons they were able, with help. to make lemonaide.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
great story

Another great story you have written. Keep up the good work and I can honestly say you are one of best writers on here. Looking forward to more great stories

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardalmost 10 years ago
another great one

thanks again for a great story! It spoke to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story and I keep thinking about my being bullied....

I wasn't fat or big like Carl, but an outsider to all the rednecks, country folk, hillbillies or whatever you want to call the people i went from grade 4 thru 12 with. I moved from a house two blocks from the beach in florida to a rural area of tennessee where my mothers family is from the summer going in to 4th grade. I was bullied and picked on from the 1st day of school because I in absolutely no way dressed or talked like any of the people I went to school with and half of the little girls were crazy about me. So all the boys hated me and the fact that I started martial arts at the age of 6 didn't help them when they made me mad enough to fight. I spent a lot of time defending myself for close to 3 years before they figured out they could only beat me if I was out numbered. I also was better at most sports than 95% of the boys my age because I played sports year round because It was always warm in south florida where I was born and my parents both kept me busy to cut down on what they would have to pay a sitter.

Other than being bullied I guess me and Carl aren't much alike. I eventually became friends with some of the boys I played sports with and nobody messed with me anymore. I will always remember those years though and I left for florida my first chance after graduation.

Today I am back in tennessee after living in florida again for 12 years, but I no longer live in the sticks. Sorry for rambling, but it was feels good to share my shitty few years because of my being different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Giving thanks

Another great and well written story!!! Brought me right in to it, made me feel the pain and loss of the charters! Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Heartfelt and moving story

This is probably the most heartfelt and moving story on this site. It pulls you in and holds you from beginning to end. Always looking forward to your next story.

ausvirgoausvirgoover 9 years ago
I'm onto you, Callicious!

You're a fifth columnist for both mainstream literature and human rights, trying to corrupt literotica users!

And doing a damn fine job of it too! Keep up the good work - I need more corrupting :-)

Seriously though, this story would probably need very little editing to be worthy of inclusion in school curriculums to combat bullying. You'd probably have to end the story (except for the epilogue) on the day of the proposal, leaving the sex bit out, and in the attempted rape scene replace "Tim had his cock out" with "Tim had his pants off". Also, some may consider "I squeezed with all my strength" to be unacceptable as it implies deliberate killing. "I swung him against the wall" might be a more acceptable alternative for squeamish censors.

While I'm playing editor, "to" should have been "too" in "the adrenalin was to strong", but hey, I'm willing to put up with a tiny typo for a story like this!

shadowdustershadowdusterover 9 years ago
Great story

What a message in this story. I under stand the hurt that he felt, I was born with a club foot and had to wear big funkey boots. and was unable to run or play any sports.

But living on a farm I did not have time to set around as I had things to do to keep the farm going, I always worked with he large farm animals so when the punks tried to fight me I would just do to them what I woul do when a bull, hog or horse tried to push me around, I didn't rely hurt them just let them know I was in charge. A teen age boy hitting you does not hurt near as much as a kick from a horse or cow, you don't back off you just grab them and put them to the ground to show them you are in charge.

thurerigthurerigabout 9 years ago
Truly......

This Author is truly missed. A tear forms in my eye because of my selfness and wanting to read more of his work. Rest in Peace- Your work is forever

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
PERFECT

Truly an unbelievable story of romance, love and life in the best and worst ways such can happen. This story was entirely different from any I've read on this site, and I say without hesitation, the best grouping of words, actions and feelings that human nature can provide mankind. Even the ending showed a way to express the story as if it was a novel by a famous author. Thanks for truly a delightful reading. PERFECT is the only word to describe what I just finished reading, your journal of life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fantastic writing

This site is not always about some perversion or another. A real world story with a reluctant hero, who gets a reward. Priceless!

TheOxRocksTheOxRocksalmost 8 years ago
I can relate...

I was also bullied as a child. I became a teacher because I wanted to be in a position where I could stop others from going through what I did. I delivered a speech similar to the teacher's in this story to one class, and in the process shamed a few students into ending their racist taunting of classmates.

Years after my youth, I too had a musical moment which suddenly increased my popularity in my peer group, and caused quite a few people who had bullied me to ask for my forgiveness. Carl's process was not unlike my own, which is why I enjoyed this story so much. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
truly great story

many people, including myself can relate to this story, but i cant put what i feel about this story into words

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Only one change I'd make

Just makes me feel bad that Carl lost his ability to play. Otherwise damn good short story.

dragonsbaindragonsbainabout 7 years ago
great story

You have a terrific story here with only one minor error....marines do not have corpsman. They use navy corpsman. I would know I was in the navy and served along side many a marine brethren. Other then that it was spot on inspiring. I love how you used race issues as a way to convey the treatment towards Carl. Great job and thank you for this tail.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
Bloody Fantastic story!

Yep! I have enjoyed this story immensely! I too hate Bigoted self righteous bastards!

God created everyone equal. Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

TechnoDTechnoDover 6 years ago
Worth reading

For a lit. story, there's not much erotica. However, it was very well written, and an amazing touching story.

Thanks for the story, and I wish the real people well.

Iamcurious999Iamcurious999over 6 years ago
All's Well That Ends Well (Almost).

Five stars!

I enjoyed reading this story immensely. It was a disappointment that Carl lost the use of his hand for piano playing since I looked forward to his promising future as a performer. As a couple, even one deeply in love, Annie and Carl seemed to be a bit young for marriage, but it is good to see it worked out for them. All told, an excellent tale deserving of five stars.

beanburner69beanburner69almost 6 years ago
wow

another very fine story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WAUW !

mairennmairennover 2 years ago

In a way I know what Carl went through. Being 6'6" tall and weighing 325#. My wife is 4'7" tall and weighs 79#, we have both been happily married for 38 years and have two beautiful daughters.

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you sir. I am not a critic nor any kind of literary BSer, but I will tell you that I really enjoyed your story. I agree, 5 stars and do NOT stop writing.

Jim Harper

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICalmost 2 years ago

This is a beautiful thought provoking story. It however, brought back sadness when I think back to when I was in school. Instead of being big and tall, i was the shortest guy all through my years at school. I topped out at 5’3”. I lived in the pacific northwest, where most everyone was tall. This was partially due to a large population of people of Scandinavian descent who immigrated to the area long ago. I was mercilessly teased about being short. I never went on a date or school dances. It wasn’t until in college that i dated, fell in love and was married. I hope that any readers of this story who have school aged children, teach them to not make fun of other children or anyone who may look or act differently then they or their friends. It leaves life long scars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous