All Comments on '"L" Is Not For Love'

by avrgblkgrl

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Rawmaster50Rawmaster50over 9 years ago
Still reeling

I have been thumped between the eyes by this one. Want to yell out to you, saying, "Quit picking on me!"

But you are right. Thank you for the insight.

Still love the photo on the biography page . Reminds me of lovers past.

Rawmaster50

Rawmaster50Rawmaster50over 9 years ago
One more comment...

You are not Average anything

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I like your challenge...

Not to be a lazy writer, but even more important perhaps, not to be a lazy reader!

I enjoy reading, consume variety, and laud that which makes me think. In my past life, I was more musician than poet, but still considered myself both. People would ask me about my favorite music: my response was that I liked music (any) that made me think. I always thought it was the same for literature, or even poetry. It is just a beginning stage to acknowledge that some peice of art made you "feel". With maturity, I have discovered that "feeling" a response to art isn't enough, if you aren't prompted to ALSO ask "why?". Why do I feel that way? What about it made me feel that way? Is it lazy, (based on your essay) to simply feel without any thought as to why? I think so, but maybe, it is that I just "feel" that it is the right answer......

Around here in literotica land, the reader gets the privilage of feeling like the expert, and can enjoy leaving commentary. Powerful stuff, that is. Entitlement. Yet so many authors are praised for simply evoking emotions. I love your essay because it calls that out for what it is. Only PART of the equation. I think the BEST authors around here can elicit that emotional response, and ALSO get you to think about WHY it is you feel that way. And the best of the best, get the reader to stretch their own self-imposed limitations on what they think, and how they feel, and issue the implied challenge to think about things differently. To open-mindedly embrace a different point of view. None of this matters as to the plot points, or even the character development. But even when starting with a cliche, if that perception can be broken down, and the reader can experience a voyage of discovery- some of this: "I never thought about it like THAT before"- then I think the author deserves to enjoy some success. But simply stated in your excellent essay, to achieve this result is to rise above the crutch of laziness.

Thanks for putting this into words, and making me think. I hope this essay of yours becomes widely read. I enthusiastically give you five stars to help you along!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent!

Brava! Five stars.

jaycoxjaycoxover 9 years ago
Wisdom

Whatever you write enters my bloodstream. Some good advice here.

soflabbwlvrsoflabbwlvrabout 9 years ago
Thank you

This is probably the most thoughtful and insightful piece I have ever read on this site. It should be a required reading for all Lit. authors. Thank you for starting my weekend off on a high note.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Your writing...

Does evoke emotion. It is very descriptive and leaves an imprint on the imagination. I have begun reading more of your submissions. Some surpass the "mark" of what leaves me breathless. I am left asking questions trying to anticipate the next chapters' sequel.

I have come to demand more of writers on this site because I expect to be amazed. When a story falls short, I can't keep reading. It becomes painful to continue because a level of expectation for something different has not been reached. I look for different interpretations as how someone's mind can represent a story. When they miss the mark, I use my power of choice to switch to a different story.

LatchkeyLatchkeyabout 8 years ago
Maybe a little stroke

Your writing elevates the Erotica genre and particularly the interracial category on this and other sites. Thank you for not being lazy, or condescending to your readers. I happily invest in writers with your level of talent, work ethic and consistency, and I hope to have more opportunities to purchase your works in the future.

spankednakedspankednakedover 7 years ago
You claim you may never be a "good" writer.

I think you already are a good writer. You might not be a famous writer or a financially successful writer, however I've read A LOT of books, short stories etc. and you are a superior writer to many other authors out there.

You're not Anne Rice or Laurell K. Hamilton, however very few of us are. And at any rate, Anne Rice and Laurell K. Hamilton are GREAT writers! They are practically legends!

Look at what some of your competitors on literotica.com have written! Your writing is superior to much of the other stuff published here!

rnebularrnebularalmost 6 years ago
Just found you and love this.

Not a lot to say, other than very thought provoking. Ego can be a hard thing to overcome, and it's always good for me to remind myself why I choose to write in the first place. For me, its FUN to read and write. Aside from that, I also just remember that it's a hobby. I get paid to do something else.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the lesson from your youth. I will remember it.

RNebular

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I will take your advice, you're a damn good writer

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous