Blood Play...

G

I searched...and found nothing... *sigh*

So I wanted to ask a few questions.... and this I figured was the right place.

Lately, I have this urge to sink my teeth or break skin and draw blood...this is not usually like me... but a while back, I scratched my then partner's back.... and drew blood.... not even hesitating for a minute...I licked his wounds. This ended up being a massive turn on....

Now...with conversations with someone going rampant in my head... I want to know more about this..

Have any of you experienced this kind of turn on?
What are the limits?
Any suggestions on safety and other things?

Anyone here enjoy this... ??(please...I feel like such a freak lol)

jadedpast said:
I searched...and found nothing... *sigh*

So I wanted to ask a few questions.... and this I figured was the right place.

Lately, I have this urge to sink my teeth or break skin and draw blood...this is not usually like me... but a while back, I scratched my then partner's back.... and drew blood.... not even hesitating for a minute...I licked his wounds. This ended up being a massive turn on....

Now...with conversations with someone going rampant in my head... I want to know more about this..

Have any of you experienced this kind of turn on?
What are the limits?
Any suggestions on safety and other things?

Anyone here enjoy this... ??(please...I feel like such a freak lol)

I know nothing about blood play,...but don't hesitate to BUMP this thread to the top of the page when needed. Now you have gotten my curiosity up, and I would be interested in what some experienced people in blood play have to say on the subject.

Jaded, i know several people who have bitten or been bitten until blood was drawn. So your interest is not uncommon.

I do like a bit of bloodplay. There's something so intimate and erotic about it. Biting until blood is drawn is pretty risky though. Unless you're with a partner you know very well and in a monogamous relationship i wouldn't put it into the category of safe and sane.

Blades can be used in a much safer manner, though the intimacy factor may be less that tasting someone's blood. Hepatitis and HIV are not worth the thrill of unsafe bloodplay. (I'm sure you know that, but i would feel less than responsible if i didn't say it.)

the one who got me interested in this was an accupuncturist, those needles can be quite sharp :eek:

but with the man we have experimented with blood play on a few occasions. first of al, you must remember that blood is a briliant carrier of all sorts of nasty things, from hepatitis to HIV. Have you both been checked out? Are you sure? A cut in the mouth when sucking someone elses blood carries a small risk of cross infection, and I personally dont think that that is a risk worth taking.

I agree that blades are a much better way than biting, more regular and heals quicker. just dont do it on your forearm or you'll have social services round before you can shout "suicidal".

It's amazing, the exchange that takes place. waiting for that blade to bite the skin (lightly, no huge cut needed, more a scratch) then watching him lick the wound before cutting himself and ordering me to drink...but then I've always had this vampire fetish...

Ohhhh...i know something about blood play.

I've done quite a lot of playing with needles, as some of you here know. Attached is a pic from one such time. If you look carefully, you'll see that the pins (normal straight sewing type pins with colorful ball heads) have been taken out of one breast - you can see the blood trails - but they're still in the other one, tucked into the mesh of the bra part of that corset.

Here's a link to a book on the subject, if you're of a mind to buy something with which you can when your appetite: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/086719443X/bdsmcentral02/102-5178863-2076914 - and a sexuality.org review of the book: http://www.sexuality.org/l/davids/cnb.html

I haven't done any cuttings and my main experience has been with needle play - but i have had my skin opened a time or two (or more) by other toys. Biting to the point of being made to bleed would have to be a negotiated thing for me, i think, because i crave the intimacy of really hard biting but there's that body-fluids mixing to contend with, too.

I am reading this thread with my eyes screwed thightly shut.

Don't think I am ready for this yet.

Hey Cym: Do you have any other pics of your breasts bound like that? That is really sexy!

tolerance, acceptance, and non judgemental

thank you for the reminder that i shouldn't be judging others for what aspects of BDSM/sex/or life they choose to partake in.

i wanted to feel that you're all disgusting freaks. that that's way too far over the top. that it's disgusting.

but i'm trying to take a few steps back, maybe even a walk away from this mentality. no one has suggested bloodplay be taken lightly, or without caution. it is very explicit that only a small number of people are going to be willing to try this.

then another few miles back i realise that i suck my own blood when i cut myself and the taste is comforting...

thank you for reminding me that my limits are not right or wrong for anyone but me. and thank you for expanding our knowledge.

part of me is still saying i should shiver in disgust. but i dont' want to listen to that part of me. if i listed to that part, i'm a bad person for liking slapping, pinching, or even oral in the minds of some.

whoa... i guess i really mean to say is, hello mind expansion. but still a hard limit for me personally.

Re: tolerance, acceptance, and non judgemental

"angel" eve said:
whoa... i guess i really mean to say is, hello mind expansion. but still a hard limit for me personally.
With this simple sentence, darlin', i think you've summed up the sometimes aching beauty of being tolerant and accepting: sometimes it makes us wince while we're in the middle of all that open-mindedness.

Still, forever, no one makes us do anything we don't want to do and we don't even have to look at stuff we don't want to see. We can claim as much or as little of all this as we choose.

I've been playing with sensations in a BDSM way for 30 years. Of course i would have had chances to try things that someone who has been in this for only seven years or three would not. There have been things along the way that i refused - just like you with this, for now.

But life is long and we do a lot of changing. Doors to experiences we close now, not ready to try them, might become interesting (alluring, fascinating, wildly erotic) to us later - or not. That's the beauty and the challenge of being sexually openminded and adventuresome, isn't it?
:rose:

Thanks for your responses...

information is power...that I believe. And thanks for the mention of HIV and other diseases that flow in the blood... not only for my personal reading.... but for others who decide to do this or have done this.

"angel" eve.... at one time...I would have to say I agreed with you...I looked upon some people who experienced certain things...as freaks and to be quite honest...it scared the utter hell out of me. But...as I get older...I find that some things just aren't as strange...but erotic..

I dunno...perhaps I am strange LOL

*hugs* to all

and thanks artful...for the congrats :)

I just gotta say it,...

...I have enjoyed reading EVERY post on this thread so far.

Thanks for starting it Jaded,...and thanks to the rest of you who have posted to it. So far, it has
given me much to ponder in my own R/L situation.
:rose:

Blood

My Mistress likes to use knives with me. She usually cuts along the lines of my abs and then licks away the blood. I would think this would have to be very dangerous for her (I don't have any STD's but still...) If you were going to try this you better be sure your partner doesn't have STD's or anything.

learning

i understand what you are saying completely cymbidia and jadedpast. i've come a long way in learing what i find intriguing, and what i find erotic, what i crave and need.

only a year ago i would not have considered getting involved with another female. only 6 months ago could did i feel ready to be involved with another female.

everything i have gotten involved with sexually has been a slow progression from non interest, even disgust, to embrasing my expeience.

2 1/2 years ago i was 16, never been kissed, still finding french kissing to be a fairly disgusting concept, although, admittedly somewhat intrigued. look at my posts now, and i wonder how i've come so far in so little time.

I got queasy just reading this thread. All you vampires can just stay the fuck away from me. And, no, I wont drive a stake through your heart, but I do have a silver bullet. :p

WriterDom

WriterDom said:
I got queasy just reading this thread. All you vampires can just stay the fuck away from me. And, no, I wont drive a stake through your heart, but I do have a silver bullet. :p

Can we say that, "WD 40", is the BDSM equivalent to "vanilla blood" ? Just that the taste is different, and is not a multi-purpose lubricant ?

*bump*

for my own educational purposes and maybe someone else can get educated or completely grossed out ;)

Mmmmmmmmm blood. I also have experimented with this idea, and I love it....could ya tell? I have once or twice bitten to draw blood, I have also used blades and insulin needles to extract, and I find biting and knifeplay to be my favorites. It's a necessity, though for both people to be checked out by a qualified health professional though, before things like this are done (not her friend jackie who says he knows her well enough to say she's clean ... yes, this was tried on me)

It is erotic, it is intimate, and for those of us who enjoy it, it allows us to experience some of that darker aspect of ourselves that most people try so hard to hide ... to keep up the appearance that we are civilised. *shrugs* But this is, of course, just my own humble opinion. :D

Bit late in the game..

Yeah, I am a bit late coming in on this thread, but I found it, and I am new here, and I felt that I needed to post on this subject.
My R/L relationship, is fufilling in some ways, not in others, one way that it's not, is that I dream of my SO biting me to the point of dawing blood, I crave the release of the pain, and the thrill that it may be a permanent mark. The taste of blood is a wonderful aphrodisiac for me, I have bitten and broken skin before, and I love it (wasnt current SO & was accidental, but oddly welcomed by my partner at the time).
Oh well, I guess there really wasn't a point to this other than to share.
Thanks for listening.

I can add my two cents for what it is worth...

Himself and I got into this quite by accident. I was supposed to dress in something that i did not mind that He tore off of me... only when it came down to it... He opened up a knife and cut my clothes off me... That in itself was a huge turn on.

The thing is that when He did this, He almost took the top of His thumb off. There was blood everywhere. I went to get a towel and help stop the blood and there we were standing at the kitchen sink when He turned to me and began to drip His blood over my naked breasts.

Taking His good hand He drew His initials on my skin in blood... rubbed His blood over my belly...

It is the only time I wish He had taken a photo before I washed it off.

It was more erotic than words can express. It was not planned. It happened by accident and it has never happened since.

And while blood play remains a limit for me... if the circumstances were the same I would do it again... but only with Him.

jadedpast said:
Lately, I have this urge to sink my teeth or break skin and draw blood...and drew blood.... not even hesitating for a minute...I licked his wounds. This ended up being a massive turn on....

Have any of you experienced this kind of turn on ... Anyone here enjoy this... ??(please...I feel like such a freak lol)
Yes and Yes.
jadedpast said:
What are the limits?
Not to be facetious, but when your partner asks you to stop tops the list.

<----Will never look at...

...cutting myself (and licking the wound) in the same way EVER again! :eek:

Esclava :rose:

Back