When were you first aware that there was a BDSM community?

When were you first aware that there was a BDSM community?

• less than six months

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 6 months to a year ago

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 1 to 2 years

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 2 to 3

• 3 to 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 to 5

• 5 to 10 years

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • 10 to 15

• 15 to 20

• over 20

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

WriterDom

Good to the last drop
Other than the Jerry Springer trailer trash Dommes and Hollywood's psycho Dom serial killers?

I voted 5-10 years. I have a long time good friend who would go to fetish parties and try to talk me into going with her. But in my ignorance I resisted for years. Hmm, I guess I need to make up for lost time.;)

When I first read the question, I thought you meant on Literotica. ;)

I voted 5-10 years.

i only really realised it about 2 years ago. i knew that there was people who were into it but by no means did i realise who many followers this lifestyle has. i was pleasently surprised. :)

I didnt know jack, and then my friend in college said if you ever get tired of living off of macaroni and cheese come to work with me and I became a pro domme.
So then I learned about a club from one of my clients who paid me to go with him, and I liked it and I stayed in the scene after I quit proing.
Oh and there was this funny man at the club, Jimmy Blanding, somethinglike that.
hahaha.

Andreina said:
i only really realised it about 2 years ago. i knew that there was people who were into it but by no means did i realise who many followers this lifestyle has. i was pleasently surprised. :)

Pleasant surprises is what we are all about baby!

I voted that I've known bdsm existed for over 20 years. I just wasn't aware or wanted to admit it applied to me until within the last 6 months.

dixi

WriterDom said:
Other than the Jerry Springer trailer trash Dommes and Hollywood's psycho Dom serial killers?

I think it was around 20 years ago, when my ex-husband was stationed at Ft. Knox. Some of the guys would give him erotic books which he would bring home, and I would read. I don't know if he was into trying BDSM, he never mentioned it, and I didn't have the courage enough to ask.
I've known since then that being dominated appealed to me, but there again, I was not confident enough to bring the idea up in any of my past relationships. It has only been in the past few months that I've been able to expereince real skin to skin, and have enjoyed it tremendously. All because I met MY caring Sir who took the time to get to know what turned me on. :D
Thanks to Literotica; I have learned more about the intricacies associated with true BDSM, then what the general public is aware of.
As for Jerry Springer and others of his ilk, That's all trailer trash theater. If that is what BDSM is really about; I would be running, and screaming in the other direction!!!:eek:

not till last year when i got out on my own and got internet, i never knew what bdsm was or that there was a community of people who like the same things i did and werent ashamed to admit.

Well, this was a tough one to answer.

WE were sort of aware that there were people who did bondage and stuff about 20 or more years ago. We dabbled a litle ourselves.

But we didn't find out that it had a structure, title and all the rest until this past year. (So, OK, we are slow!)

Now that we have found out what it is that really rocks our boat ... well, the rest, as they say, is history. (Wish we had found this place sooner though!)

I can't vote-(Boo Hoo)...

...'cuz I really don't remember when it edged into my knowledge. Though I have practiced BDSM in my lifestyle for many years,...I was never interested in community involvement until the current BDSM Forum was established here at Lit.

To this day,...I have never been to a "BDSM" chat room,...and I STILL have no interest in going to one. Sorry,...it's just not my cup of tea. The BDSM Forum here at Lit is a GREAT place,...I enjoy participating.

(most folks who don't know me well,...think I am TOO serious),...and that's ok,...but really,...I *DO* laugh a lot,...sometimes at my own seriousness!

:D

I could say when I was 14 but that's not quite accurate. I'll go for the 'two years ago' through a romantic interest.

i guess first here literotica on the general board and then on this section when it was started ... i mean this is the only time i've been able to talk to and ask questions to people who were part of the BDSM lifestyle

i mean i knew they were out there before this but i had no real reason to learn more

I have to agree with that.. The first BDSM online 'community' I discovered was messed up. My friend got collared after just learning about the lifestyle because her Master/boyfriend told her it was the only way to protect her from the other Dom/es. cymbidia was the first introduction to, um, reality.

I went to a fetish party in Seattle six/seven years ago, does that count?

I knew 20 years ago,

I just did not think it had anything to do with me.

Ebony

I was a part of a BDSM community in San Diego 30 years ago. I've been more-or-less active in BDSM communities since then (except for the three years 20 years ago that i lost trying to be nilla, something that worked out about as well as a nilla trying to be a lifestyler).

cym

cymbidia said:
I was a part of a BDSM community in San Diego 30 years ago. I've been more-or-less active in BDSM communities since then (except for the three years 20 years ago that i lost trying to be nilla, something that worked out about as well as a nilla trying to be a lifestyler).

There may be royalty in your statement,...keep an eye out for the fall schedule on HBO. I've heard they are goimg to introduce a NEW series on BDSM.
To get the numbers,...they are are LQQKING for a fresh title that will "Lure in the masses",... "The Lifestyler" sounds like a sure winner! :D

i became aware of the existance of a "real" bdsm community after my debacle with the-boy-who-would-be-dom, but before i came to lit. my ex girlfriend introduced me to the scene.

15-20 years was My vote.

Who knew what came natural was not an abberation (sp) years ago?

I never even thought to look for a name for what seemed to be *just the way it is*

artful said:

There may be royalty in your statement,...keep an eye out for the fall schedule on HBO. I've heard they are goimg to introduce a NEW series on BDSM.
To get the numbers,...they are are LQQKING for a fresh title that will "Lure in the masses",... "The Lifestyler" sounds like a sure winner! :D

Is it going to be along the lines of "Real Sex" or fictional?

CarolineOh said:
I voted 5-10 years. I have a long time good friend who would go to fetish parties and try to talk me into going with her. But in my ignorance I resisted for years. Hmm, I guess I need to make up for lost time.;)

can I help?

:p

me???

i've got to know about BDSM just before 3 months... before that the thoughts involving BDSM were very scary for me... i used to dream about binding and raping my boyfriend.... and feel wrong...

but after getting to know about this all i feel good, strong and powerful...

my bf brought me here... and i guess he'll be sorry as i'm very demanding... smile.

Re: me???

indiandomme said:
i've got to know about BDSM just before 3 months... before that the thoughts involving BDSM were very scary for me... i used to dream about binding and raping my boyfriend.... and feel wrong...

but after getting to know about this all i feel good, strong and powerful...

my bf brought me here... and i guess he'll be sorry as i'm very demanding... smile.

hahaha.You go girl. He wanted it, now hes got it!

Back