pre-scene enema

pre-scene enemas

• alway! squeeky clean is the way to be!

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • sometimes, depends on my mood

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • only if I know there will be anal play comming up

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • never never never........ick!

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

li'a-wahine

Experienced
Hello all! I had just been talking with a friend about cleaning oneself prior to a scene. We got into a long debate about wether or not people (other than myself) do such a thing. So here I am making a poll to see how often others do this also.

Mahalo~

lia

Last edited:
Let's just say I know what my Dom likes and I alway want to be prepared to please him.

My doctor suggests that everyone has an annual enema.
Not that this adds to the topic, but I just wanted to pass that along.

I always tell anyone who is into any kind of anal stuff to take an enema before we play.
I already told elsewheres what I do if they dont

hahaha

MzChrista said:
I always tell anyone who is into any kind of anal stuff to take an enema before we play.
I already told elsewheres what I do if they dont

hahaha

Oh no! Not the litter box!;)

I'd be more worried about an enema induced accident rather than being squeaky clean. A soapy finger tends to work for me. Not that I haven't thought about enema play as part of a scene.

WriterDom said:
I'd be more worried about an enema induced accident rather than being squeaky clean. A soapy finger tends to work for me. Not that I haven't thought about enema play as part of a scene.

I have never had that happen, WD!

Eb

I need to feel relaxed, and not self conscious in order to enjoy anal sex, or any kind of anal play, so I prefer to take an enema and know i am clean. Of course, I get taken by surprise now and then, so it's not always possible.;)

It's no secret that i eroticize enema play within a BDSM context anyway but even beyond that, if there's gonna be sexual play, and i even halfway imagine that it'll include anything anal, i try very hard to do a series of cleansing enemas prior to the event.

It just seems nicer for everyone involved, you know? And since i've got all the gear, why not? That way we don't have to wander too close to that almost-universal scat limit, either of us.
WriterDom said:
I'd be more worried about an enema induced accident rather than being squeaky clean.
I've never had this happen to me, either, WD, and i've played with enemas as part of a scene many times through the years. As long as enough time is allowed to empty one's colon after the administration of the fluid, all should be well. "Enough time" will be different for all of us and highly dependant on how much fluid is emptied into the colon as well as whether it's a first, second, or third rinse (later rinses allow more of the enema fluid to go deeper into your body and requires a correspondingly longer time to empty). In most cases, and especially with people rather new to this (and hence, maybe somewhat shy about it), after you think you're empty the first time, just hang out and wait awhile. Within ten minutes or so, you'll likely have to evacuate again.

But accidents?
Nope.
Never had one.

Squeaky clean as often as is at all reasonable is definitely the way to happiness during anal play for me.
:cool:

I often do an enema if I'm prepping for 'heavy' play - I do get caught by suprise fairly often as anal play is a pretty major turn on for us both!

re accidents and problems - we instigated a new ruling in play/scenes if in the first half hour I feel the need to go to the toilet I just ask - no 'master' or sir or special words needed - this is because we incorporate bathroom control - for pissing not scat play - into our scenes. But after a series of enemas R recognises that I may get 'that urge' an hour or so later I then I really just need to go!

never had any problems or accidents and I've been using them for a year now. I don't eroticise it though and therefore it's for cleaning not a 'how long can you hold it' scene.

we have a whole series of 'safeword signals' including this one and the word shoulder - to allow for my dicky shoudler - when I say this he just lowers my arm or changes its position or rubs it slightly - we can do all this whislt still staying int he scene and without further communication. I only then need to use a yellow safeword if it still hurts after that.

I do feel clean after an enema - that and a douche are good if you've been playing and then need to go out - clears up any likelyhood of that unmistakable smell of sex!

The first (and only) time we used an enema during scene "play," I was a bit disappointed. Somehow, in my orderly, "be prepared, plan ahead," brain I didn't expect to have to wait from 30 minutes to an hour for her to evacuate after the enema.

When one is in that Top (head) space, cooling your heels for half an hour seems a long time and it knocked my focus down a few notches. It's difficult to "feel" dominant (in a sexual sense) when one is pacing the bedroom or watching the news (I don't wait well when I am in top space) while she sits in the bathroom waiting for the next wave.

Cym, some questions if you don't mind"

cymbidia said:
It's no secret that i eroticize enema play within a BDSM context anyway but even beyond that, if there's gonna be sexual play, and i even halfway imagine that it'll include anything anal, i try very hard to do a series of cleansing enemas prior to the event.

It just seems nicer for everyone involved, you know? And since i've got all the gear, why not?

I assume you do this yourself? If so, do you use the old-fashioned hanging bag type enema (I can't imagine doing this without help)? Have you/anyone used the new disposable enemas? If so, do you like using them?

As long as enough time is allowed to empty one's colon after the administration of the fluid, all should be well. "Enough time" will be different for all of us and highly dependant on how much fluid is emptied into the colon as well as whether it's a first, second, or third rinse (later rinses allow more of the enema fluid to go deeper into your body and requires a correspondingly longer time to empty). In most cases, and especially with people rather new to this (and hence, maybe somewhat shy about it), after you think you're empty the first time, just hang out and wait awhile. Within ten minutes or so, you'll likely have to evacuate again.

What does your dom do while waiting for you to evacuate? How do you (any dom/me) maintain that head space while waiting?

MsWorthy said:

I assume you do this yourself? If so, do you use the old-fashioned hanging bag type enema (I can't imagine doing this without help)? Have you/anyone used the new disposable enemas? If so, do you like using them?

I use the disposables and they work just fine, although it seems they could design them so they were a bit easier to squeeze so that you can get all the liquid out. But I like the convenience of them, you don't need to do anything extra to prepare them, and there's nothing to have to clean up afterwards.

CarolineOh said:

I use the disposables and they work just fine, although it seems they could design them so they were a bit easier to squeeze so that you can get all the liquid out. But I like the convenience of them, you don't need to do anything extra to prepare them, and there's nothing to have to clean up afterwards.

Thank you, Caroline, I appreciate your input.

I know what you mean when you refer to trying to squeeze all of the liquid out of the disposable douche type containers. That can be a pain.

we have recently graduated from the hanging bag type (very unciomfy and unsexy) to 2 new ones: a lovely black squeezy bottle and a shower attachment in chrome - the shower attchement is easy and quick but my - on our power shower I have to be careful not to turn the tap all the way on!!

btw I have never had to wait more than 10 mins to evacuate - half an hour sounds extreme to me - is your sub 'filling up to the brim' so to speak MsWorthy?

petrel said:
we have recently graduated from the hanging bag type (very unciomfy and unsexy) to 2 new ones: a lovely black squeezy bottle and a shower attachment in chrome - the shower attchement is easy and quick but my - on our power shower I have to be careful not to turn the tap all the way on!!

btw I have never had to wait more than 10 mins to evacuate - half an hour sounds extreme to me - is your sub 'filling up to the brim' so to speak MsWorthy?

Thank you, Petrel, for your response.

No, I wouldn't say filled to the brim. If memory serves me, I used 36 ounces. I can't remember what the recommended outside limit was from my research, but surely, 36 ounces was not too much.

The half hour wait included the initial evacuation which was followed by the feeling that more was on the way, if you know what I mean. So, she stayed in the bathroom rather than resume play and have to stop again.

aah now that makes sense - I thought you meant 1/2 hour for the intial evacuation! thats why we have the get out clause in the first hour of play.

I can see that woudl be a problem if you were incorporating the enema into the scene - for me its like shaving my legs or washing my hair - part of getting ready and therefore I can always take tiem to do one an hour before hand to be pretty certain I won't have to rush back into the toilet!

This Post Is Proof I've Worked In A Hospital Too Long.

Pre-made disposable enemas are for constipation not for cleansing. There is a big difference. Those neat tidy little enemas contain a laxative which can and generally will keep on working through out the day. Which means they may very well work in the middle of your scene.

Cleansing enemas are just that...to clean out the colon and large intestine. Like prepping for a medical test or a scene. They are generally larger volume(a quart or two) with castile soap. Then a rinse enema with just clear tap water to make sure your intestine isn't irritated from the soap.

Never do more than 3 cleansing enemas at a time. You can wash out your bodies electrolytes and end up in the ER crazier than a bed bug, with a bunch of Doctors and Nurses standing around you wondering, what the hell happened to your blood work.

As for how to do the cleansing enema thing by yourself. It's pretty simple I think. Hang a hook above where you are going to be laying to take your enema. Or buy an IV pole that is portable. Cleansing enema kits have clamps that turn the water flow on and off so you can regulate it.

Here's a whole thread we did on enemas a while back. It's got some good info if you want to have a look.
MsWorthy said:
Cym, some questions if you don't mind

I don't mind in the least.

Most often i do the enemas myself, yes. In most cases they're done in a series of three, one after another, as lilfrk has detailed and is pretty standard for the purposes of cleaing the colon.

Since this is a long-time area of eroticism for me, i've got the equipment: yes, i use the old fashioned type hanging bags. Oh but honey, you should see Grandmother's old hanging bag these days! They come in all kinds of colors and are made of all kinds of materials. I've got three bags i like. One is the traditional red rubber - like the old rubber hot water bottles. The second is red rubber, too, but it's big, very big (1.5 gallons), and holds more liquid then i can take at any one time (usually). This one has a very sensuous latex hose (because i change the nozzles on this hose often and this material is easier to do that with). The third is starkly black silicone with a black silicone hose and a variety of nozzles, most of them black, too. It's slippery and slidely and gorgeous.

These aren't your basic old fashioned enema kits. There's a LOT more then i've detailed here to choose from, too. My favorite online enema store is located here: www.bethtyler.com, if you're interested.

I don't use disposable enema kits because, well, why? I've got all the stuff for them. Why go buy disposables?

Finally, sometimes i do it myself and sometimes i don't. Sometimes my dom wants to play, sometimes he wants to watch, sometimes he wants to direct. Sometimes i get privacy for the evacuation phase of the cleansings and sometimes i don't; depends on my dom. I would really rather have privacy then, something that's all-too-obvious i think. Sometimes i get it. Sometimes i don't. Sometimes my dom is right in there with me, touching me or having me touch him - asking me how it feels, how i feel, making me be verbal during a time i'd much rather be alone, controlling, prodding, asking, testing...

What my dom does and where he is during this whole process depends, as does everything anyway, on the flow of heat between us and how he's managing it and using it for the benfit of us both and our shared headspace.
What does your dom do while waiting for you to evacuate? How do you (any dom/me) maintain that head space while waiting?
For me, this whole process, when done with my dom present *is* inherently a part of the headspace we share as dominant and submissive. If i'm doing the cleansing soley on my own, inpreparation for our sexual play, then it's clinical and warm and a thing of dilute, clean pleasure. If i'm doing it with my dom there, present, occupying my space, my head, my thoughts, my emotions, then it's part of our passion, our reality, the bond of power exchange that ties me to him invisibly.

Does this make any sense at all?
:rose:

lilfrk?
More places to hang the bag include the shower head...or the robe hook on the back of the door...or a "plant hook" screwed into a strong part of the ceiling...
;)

edit: Ahem. And here's that link to the enemas thread we did a while back... http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=80159

Last edited:
Re: This Post Is Proof I've Worked In A Hospital Too Long.

lilfrk said:
Pre-made disposable enemas are for constipation not for cleansing. There is a big difference. Those neat tidy little enemas contain a laxative which can and generally will keep on working through out the day. Which means they may very well work in the middle of your scene.

lilfrk, thank you for this information. Using a disposable enema would not have worked well for me during play...*lol*...talk about cooling your heels.

cymbidia said:
Here's a whole thread we did on enemas a while back. It's got some good info if you want to have a look.I don't mind in the least.

Most often i do the enemas myself, yes. In most cases they're done in a series of three, one after another, as lilfrk has detailed and is pretty standard for the purposes of cleaing the colon.

Since this is a long-time area of eroticism for me, i've got the equipment: yes, i use the old fashioned type hanging bags. Oh but honey, you should see Grandmother's old hanging bag these days! They come in all kinds of colors and are made of all kinds of materials. I've got three bags i like. One is the traditional red rubber - like the old rubber hot water bottles. The second is red rubber, too, but it's big, very big (1.5 gallons), and holds more liquid then i can take at any one time (usually). This one has a very sensuous latex hose (because i change the nozzles on this hose often and this material is easier to do that with). The third is starkly black silicone with a black silicone hose and a variety of nozzles, most of them black, too. It's slippery and slidely and gorgeous.

These aren't your basic old fashioned enema kits. There's a LOT more then i've detailed here to choose from, too. My favorite online enema store is located here: www.bethtyler.com, if you're interested.

I don't use disposable enema kits because, well, why? I've got all the stuff for them. Why go buy disposables?

Finally, sometimes i do it myself and sometimes i don't. Sometimes my dom wants to play, sometimes he wants to watch, sometimes he wants to direct. Sometimes i get privacy for the evacuation phase of the cleansings and sometimes i don't; depends on my dom. I would really rather have privacy then, something that's all-too-obvious i think. Sometimes i get it. Sometimes i don't. Sometimes my dom is right in there with me, touching me or having me touch him - asking me how it feels, how i feel, making me be verbal during a time i'd much rather be alone, controlling, prodding, asking, testing...

What my dom does and where he is during this whole process depends, as does everything anyway, on the flow of heat between us and how he's managing it and using it for the benfit of us both and our shared headspace.For me, this whole process, when done with my dom present *is* inherently a part of the headspace we share as dominant and submissive. If i'm doing the cleansing soley on my own, inpreparation for our sexual play, then it's clinical and warm and a thing of dilute, clean pleasure. If i'm doing it with my dom there, present, occupying my space, my head, my thoughts, my emotions, then it's part of our passion, our reality, the bond of power exchange that ties me to him invisibly.

:rose:

lilfrk?
More places to hang the bag include the shower head...or the robe hook on the back of the door...or a "plant hook" screwed into a strong part of the ceiling...
;)

edit: Ahem. And here's that link to the enemas thread we did a while back... http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=80159

Cym, thank your input and for the thread url.

Since I do not eroticize the actual evacuation or scat in any way, my place would be outside the bathroom. I do, however, see the control that your dom makes use of during your evacuation, and can understand it's appeal. This control of a very private biological function is what I find attractive. I thought perhaps, your dom might have some mental tool that helped him stay focused, or had planned ahead and was busy with other preparations (since I have limited experience with enemas, I have no idea what these preparations might be, and was looking for ideas).

What my dom does and where he is during this whole process depends, as does everything anyway, on the flow of heat between us and how he's managing it and using it for the benfit of us both and our shared headspace.For me, this whole process, when done with my dom present *is* inherently a part of the headspace we share as dominant and submissive. If i'm doing the cleansing soley on my own, inpreparation for our sexual play, then it's clinical and warm and a thing of dilute, clean pleasure. If i'm doing it with my dom there, present, occupying my space, my head, my thoughts, my emotions, then it's part of our passion, our reality, the bond of power exchange that ties me to him invisibly.

Yes, this makes perfect sense to me.

~thinking that this fantasy might work better in my head than in reality~

i use the old red hanging like gramma used to have bag, i don't use the disposable type because of the laxitive they contain. the disposable type are easier to take with you but i choose to have more than 1 kit so i can take 1 along just as easy i just make sure i have zipper lock bags so i can pack it up wet.

i use hademade soaps, all natural, i know who makes them and trust how they are made. i sometimes use naturally scented soaps (made by the same person).

thanks

I've been away since I posted this last week, sorry, it was unavoidable.:(

Thank you to all who answered this poll, it has helped alot with our "debate".

Thank you cym, I'm going to check out that site, and look up that other thread on enemas.

:kiss: lia

Maybe part of the problem is what you're using as an enema solution?

Or perhaps you're retaining some of it and it's throwing your body off balance?

Or maybe you just need some more practice. We should all just have enema night around here, once a week to keep everyone in shape.

Back