What Are You Thankful For?

Arden

Un amor, Una verdad
What are you thankful for?

I've vented (just a little ;)) at Lit before, and wondered what it would be like if everyone had the opportunity to say what they are thankful for, instead of what pissed them off. Anger is fleeting, frustration is temporary, but it may be the small joys of life that ultimately keep us sane... if we can only recognize them for what they are.

Great things that have happened to you, good friends that can draw you outside of yourself when you're down, someone special that has touched your life, good health, the love of a child, the love of the person you waited a lifetime to find, healthy relationships with your partner...

Count your blessings here...

Today, I was thankful for these things...

One Lit friend sent a note that made me smile during a stressful day. I'm thankful that this friend took the time to write, aware that I was having a rough day.

Another Lit friend sent a note that touched my heart. I'm thankful that I can be a friend.

Last, but not least, I'm thankful for the opportunity to have received a bedtime hug and kiss from my pre-teen daughter, who doesn't give kisses to her Mom very often now because it's not cool. :)

These things may sound minor, but together they managed to reshape the mood that clouded my day... something positive.

What are you thankful for today?

Good afternoon, Arden ...

Thankful ... hmmmm ...

That my two boys are chilled, healthy, actively sporty, successful ..
That after two years I am no longer alone ...
That I have enough interests to keep me going ...
That my eyesight is A1

I am forever thankful that I know, beyond any doubt, that I am the source of all my problems, and that I have a soultion for that....

Sitting down and writing a gratitude list is a good assignment for personal awareness....and add to it as you become aware of more items to add....if you are lacking some, start with the basics of food, clothing and shelter....do you have eyes that see, ears that hear, fingers that type, hands that work, and feet that walk?....if so. don't be an ingrate.....it has no appeal!!!

Great idea, Arden....be grateful you're an artist, too....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I am thankful to be breathing the air of each new day.
I am thankful to have a mind, to help me to solve Life's every day problems, big and small.
I am thankful to have a heart, to love and cherish those close to me: my children, airborne92, and my family.
I am thankful to have a strong spirit, which spurs my mind and heart to NEVER GIVE UP! :)

Suzi:rose:

What am I thankful for?
Life, health and happiness..what more can you want to have a good life?

Arden..I totally...TOTALLY promise to not post any suggestive remarks...such things like::::: I am thankful that women have breasts, that they like sex and that they do dress to please and excite us lesser side of the human race ;)

No love, I promise NOT to post anything of that nature :)

mbb308 said:
I am forever thankful that I know, beyond any doubt, that I am the source of all my problems, and that I have a soultion for that....

Sitting down and writing a gratitude list is a good assignment for personal awareness....and add to it as you become aware of more items to add....if you are lacking some, start with the basics of food, clothing and shelter....do you have eyes that see, ears that hear, fingers that type, hands that work, and feet that walk?....if so. don't be an ingrate.....it has no appeal!!!

Great idea, Arden....be grateful you're an artist, too....

You hit the nail on the head, this is precisely what I wanted to make people think about. Waking up in the morning is something to be thankful for, as are the very basics that you've mentioned. It's so easy to dwell on your problems than to look at everything that you have been blessed with. I love it when someone draws me out of myself on a bad day, and I enjoy being able to do this for others...

I am thankful for:

for being alive and well
for having a job of sorts (though I want to get a whole
new one)
for being able to take time off this week for a
vacation, which is well-needed
for friends in r/l and on Lit that are there for me

:rose:
tigerjen

Ukin said:
What am I thankful for?
Life, health and happiness..what more can you want to have a good life?

Arden..I totally...TOTALLY promise to not post any suggestive remarks...such things like::::: I am thankful that women have breasts, that they like sex and that they do dress to please and excite us lesser side of the human race ;)

No love, I promise NOT to post anything of that nature :)

Now Ukin, we all KNOW what you want...

However, there's no reason to not be thankful for sex, and the joy it can bring to your life. Human creatures are a funny lot, and since our bodies were given the capability to enjoy sex, why not do just that?

PS. Don't you know that women dress to impress other women? The guys know nothing about fashion, only the bare necessities...

Arden said:

You hit the nail on the head, this is precisely what I wanted to make people think about. Waking up in the morning is something to be thankful for, as are the very basics that you've mentioned. It's so easy to dwell on your problems than to look at everything that you have been blessed with. I love it when someone draws me out of myself on a bad day, and I enjoy being able to do this for others...

Why, thank you, dear....it's not original....someone had to club my head to make me see it....we cannot see until we can see....if you're ever having a bad day, let me know, and we'll discuss it....I could make you glad you broke your arm - almost....keep up the good work - you have the right idea....and keep doing for others, too - you'll be the winner in that equation, too....thanks, again

I have many things to be grateful for in my life, but at the top of the list is the love i give and receive from my children and wife. If I had nothing else, these would sustain me through any trial I might have. Other things that I am grateful for are my country, my friends and(surprisingly) my job. I may not have much in material things, but I don't think that they're all that important. It's what's inside that matters.

Thankful?

I'm thankful for so many things. Right at this very moment I'm thankful for being home. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again. I've missed it.

poundemin said:
I have many things to be grateful for in my life, but at the top of the list is the love i give and receive from my children and wife. If I had nothing else, these would sustain me through any trial I might have. Other things that I am grateful for are my country, my friends and(surprisingly) my job. I may not have much in material things, but I don't think that they're all that important. It's what's inside that matters.

Hi poundemin,

I was really touched by what you wrote... if everyone could see the world through your eyes, and experience the love that you share, this world would be such a better place...

Re: Thankful?

Asherra said:
I'm thankful for so many things. Right at this very moment I'm thankful for being home. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again. I've missed it.

Thanks, Asherra.

You're right, there IS no place like home...

I'm thankful I can hear and that I can use my hearing to listen.
I am thankful for my job, that keeps me interested and works to make the world a better place.
I'm thankful for my boss, who doesn't micromanage and whom I actually like.
I'm thankful that I've got colleagues who's respect I've earned and who continue to support my work.
I'm thankful that I still love my husband and know that he's a good, kind man.
I'm thankful I have family and friends who support me though this difficult time in my life.
I'm thankful that a special friend has walked into my life when I needed it most.
I'm thankful that the internet has made the world a much smaller place, that I've found friends to ease my loneliness, and especially these days for Lit.

what am I thankful for?

There are so many things but just to name a few ,I am thankful to Allah(God)that I am alive and have not only 4 beautiful,healthy,wonderful children but that after 45 years of living on the Earth I have finally been so blessed with having the love of a most wonderful man ,my Master Artful
I have met many ,many wonderful friends online also and I cant begin to say what all they mean to me ,I'm thankful that we enjoy the peace we have right now also in our country ,I'm thankful for each and everyday I can live to share love and happiness with others..I am thankful that you started this thread also,thank -you..:rose:

I am thankful for:

*the friendships that I have formed in RL....the bond I feel with 2 of my closest friends Jim and Johanna

*the friendships that I have formed here at Lit, especially those made in Confession...those people are an amazing group and I am thankful that I am able to go there and vent, laugh, cry with each one of them

*Guy from NYC....who everyday helps me remind myself that I am worthy...I am thankful for his love, his kindness, his sweetness, his sense of humor...I am thankful for him period.

*having the opportunity to play a real role in my brother's growth into a young man

*for having the strength to overcome some major life difficulties...and still be relatively sane.... and to not be bitter about the cards that were dealt me

I am thankful that yesterday's gone, and today is another day...

I'm thankful that with each new day I can find at least one thing to be thankful for!

I'm very thankful for the tremendous support my family and friends give me unconditionally!

I'm thankful for finding LIT which allowed me to meet Oman, and thankful to Oman, who allowed me to love him.:rose:

JennyOmanHill said:
I'm thankful that with each new day I can find at least one thing to be thankful for!

I'm very thankful for the tremendous support my family and friends give me unconditionally!

I'm thankful for finding LIT which allowed me to meet Oman, and thankful to Oman, who allowed me to love him.:rose:

You two do have something very special, and I wish you all the best that the future may hold...

Arden

Today, I am thankful to have a friend that made me smile...

Thanks! :)

I am thankful for my son.
I am thankful for my mother's love and support.
I am thankful for my best friend's loyalty and honesty.
I am thankful for old friendships rediscovered.
I am thankful for my freedom.
I am thankful for living.

I am thankful...

...for my opposable thumbs.

They come in real handy, ya know. ;)

Back