Forum Organization -- Library?

NemoAlia

Voracious
Forum Organization -- Library

Hey, I had an idea today: What if we make a 'library' thread that contains links to older, buried threads, arranged by topic? That way, when we want to reference other threads in our posts, it will be easy to find them, and we won't have to wade through a billion results for our every search.

**Edited to add: I would be willing to help maintain this thread. Anyone interested?

Last edited:
NemoAlia said:

**Edited to add: I would be willing to help maintain this thread. Anyone interested?

Yes, I'd be interested if you wore dark rimmed glasses, hair up in a bun, heels and black stockings with a thigh high gray A-line skirt and button up thin white cotton dress blouse with french cuffs and little chains for the cufflinks while at the BDSM Library Desk, always, please.

Lance "If I Can See It....You Can Be It" Castor

Dude -- what sort of computer geek do you think I am? I am NOT capable of writing any sort of a search function. Here's what I'm willing (and able) to do: post an alphabetical list of categories, with links to relevant threads following each heading. It might take me a while, but I'm willing if y'all think it would be helpful.

Re: Re: Forum Organization -- Library?

Lancecastor said:

Yes, I'd be interested if you wore dark rimmed glasses, hair up in a bun, heels and black stockings with a thigh high gray A-line skirt and button up thin white cotton dress blouse with french cuffs .

Damn how did you get my fantasy? I've had that one forever.

NA,

I would like it.

I'd even help bump it up for ya.

Tee hee -- yeah, that's a pretty familiar fantasy. I even spent a year working at a government archives hoping to live it. (Didn't work... oh well...) The closest I've ever come is taking nekkid pictures in the deserted part of the stacks.

No, you can't see 'em.

All right, work shall begin tomorrow on the construction of the BDSM Forum Library.

NemoAlia said:
Dude -- what sort of computer geek do you think I am? I am NOT capable of writing any sort of a search function. Here's what I'm willing (and able) to do: post an alphabetical list of categories, with links to relevant threads following each heading. It might take me a while, but I'm willing if y'all think it would be helpful.

LOL.. awww shucks... So I should forget about the online help manual function? <chuckles>

Winks... I still think it's a great idea

PBW

NemoAlia said:
The closest I've ever come is taking nekkid pictures in the deserted part of the stacks.

Lovely thought...thanks.

I rarely frequented the library in university, but we did smoke a lot of pot and do mini-golf in the law library now and then.

One possible problem with this sort of a one-person library is that we might not all agree on my choice of categories. However, I figure that if y'all have any points of conflict with my system (whatever it ends up being) you can just post a reply to the library thread with your own, new category. Yes?

Are there other potential problems that we can avoid by thinking about them early?

Nemo what a really wonderful idea!!

I promise not to disagree with any choices you make.

:kiss:

It's a lovely idea, Nemo.

And I wouldn't worry too much about using your own judgement in dividing things by category. It's not like you're getting paid for your efforts; anything you can do to make information more accessible will be an improvement, and of use to everyone.

Thank you for the offer, very much.
:rose:

Thanks for your support. This is going to be a long while in the works before I post any results. However, any suggestions you have along the way are more than welcome.

Right now I'm planning to have a category called "Personal," for threads which I think provide insight into our individual backgrounds/histories. I'm assuming that since people chose to post their stories on this public forum in the first place, I won't be offending anybody by posting links to their old posts. Yes?

Oh wow.

Just look at all the great threads I didn't even know existed. I have a lot of reading to do.

This is a great idea, Nemo. And I say, if you're doing all the work, you can pick and choose whatever categories you like. :D

I was hoping people would respond that way, Red! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm having a great time (well, except for my tired hands) re-reading all of these threads. I'll even admit to waxing a little nostalgic.

Anyway, I will continue to plug away. Wish me luck!

Best of luck to you, Nemo. I think you're going to need it. This looks like a big job.

I wish I'd discovered this place sooner. Looks like I missed out on a lot of good threads and great people.

I've thought of another possible tripwire: omission. I'm not mentioning some of the threads, either because they're redundant or fluffy or uninformative or whatever. Do you think this is likely to hurt people's feelings?

NemoAlia said:
I've thought of another possible tripwire: omission. I'm not mentioning some of the threads, either because they're redundant or fluffy or uninformative or whatever. Do you think this is likely to hurt people's feelings?

Will it hurt their feelings...? Probably.
Should you omit them anyway? Definitely.

There's so much valuable information to wade through, why waste time with stuff that was fun for the moment but provides no real value to someone looking for something specific.

(Just my opinion.)

Great idea Nemo,

I just want to add my thanks for the idea and the hard work you are doing.

With regard to omission......well, you might well get some of the over precious people who crop up now and again complaining that 'their' thread is not included. My views are:- a) If someone thinks an omitted thread should be included they can suggest it politely and b) unless they are prepared to undertake some of the work required, they have to accept that the choice of the 'librarian' is final...and c) if we had loads of people trying to run this...nothing would get done except interminable 'meetings' and squabbles over what should be included. Therefore, one is best !!

Having said that..help would be good, so that one person is not carrying all the load.......but ony one librarian/decision maker. Thanks for being the librarian Nemo.

Dave

Nemo

Thank you very much for the work you have put into this project. Now that I see it organized like this I realize it should have been done a long time ago.

Thank you again for your efforts.

Nemo

All I can say is "WOW!!!"

You do good work. I am amazed at what you have accomplished in such a short time.

Thank you!!

As for what others are thinking about the fluff threads etc... if you want you might just make a separate category for them. But it doesn't bother me if you exclude them all together.

:rose: :kiss:

NemoAlia said:

Fluff is as fluff does.

Fluff is fluff.

Its fluffy.

You are making the list,its up to you.

Thanks, everyone, for your compliments and support. I'm glad that this idea is going over well. As for the 'fluff' threads, I figure I'll just go on omitting them, since it takes me already one-two minutes per thread to put everything where it belongs. Being able just to cross things off my to-do list without having to go through the trouble of making a link is about the only way that brings the light at the end of this tunnel any closer.

Anyway, just 'cause they're not on my list doesn't mean they're not still out there. Y'all are welcome to post replies here with links to threads you want to make sure people know about.

Edited to add: I'm currently not fixing any spelling errors or typos, since that keeps to the original names of the threads. Does anyone have a strong opinion to the contrary?

Last edited:
Back