Contracts, Collars and Brandings

cellis

Saucy
I have seen a couple of subs here with brands by their Masters and was wondering how prevelant that is, the branding....

I also thought that this would be a good place to discuss some of the finer points contracts between Dom/mes and subs, as well as collering and where and when and why you need or want them...

I wanted to bump this back up to the top.....I know my wife wears my collar .....at home sometimes and out in public every so offten........She is not branded but she has my collar........

EXCELLENT job taking the bull by the horns, cellis, and getting this topic off the ground immediately.

Will you please tend to this thread, cellis?

And, if the general consensus is to mine the monster thread for info we will post here (see my thread on the matter), will you please please do that for this topic?

Branding it is difficult

I think the branding is done by many, I prefer the other marking piercing and tattooing, For my sub, it can be humilating which is nice for her and for me;)

I am learning about the whoe BDSM thing and I have decided to ask questions when I have them instead of worrying about who might see me asking questions and start thinking what of me.

That said, what is branding? I mean I understand that it's giving a mark to a submissive, which is chosen by the dominant... but, is it a mark of "ownership"? What can constitute a "branding"? Nesses mentions humiliation... what would humiliation have to do with it?

branding is any mark put upon the submissive to mark that person as the property of the Master or Mistress.

Magister is having me get tattoes which will be branding but He also had me get several more piercings in my ears and i wear His birthstone in each piercing which marks me as His even though it is more between us than the world. He is also thinking of having my nipples and other parts of my body pierced. i will be doing these things at His command to mark me as His property. all of these would be branding at least to me they are.

humiliation would come in any time any marking would cause feeling of embarrassment or emotional distress to the sub. it may be the place where the marking is, if a tattoo what that tattoo is about or says (for instance ______'s Bitch) the fact that that marking is in a prominent place where friends, family and co workers can see it. things like that. it means diffrent things to different people. for example i may like having my ass tattooed stating i am my Master's Bitch and another sub may find it very embarrassing and daunting. a good Master knows what kind of reaction his sub/slave will have to his/her commands.

geri said:
branding is any mark put upon the submissive to mark that person as the property of the Master or Mistress.

Magister is having me get tattoes which will be branding but He also had me get several more piercings in my ears and i wear His birthstone in each piercing which marks me as His even though it is more between us than the world. He is also thinking of having my nipples and other parts of my body pierced. i will be doing these things at His command to mark me as His property. all of these would be branding at least to me they are.

humiliation would come in any time any marking would cause feeling of embarrassment or emotional distress to the sub. it may be the place where the marking is, if a tattoo what that tattoo is about or says (for instance ______'s Bitch) the fact that that marking is in a prominent place where friends, family and co workers can see it. things like that. it means diffrent things to different people. for example i may like having my ass tattooed stating i am my Master's Bitch and another sub may find it very embarrassing and daunting. a good Master knows what kind of reaction his sub/slave will have to his/her commands.

Ok, thanks. That explains some things. Now, how about humiliation? I don't think I fully understand how and why that might be desirable.

rexfelis said:

Ok, thanks. That explains some things. Now, how about humiliation? I don't think I fully understand how and why that might be desirable.

rexfelis...

Some require humiliation as a part of their fulfillment... not being one of those, it is hard for me to address this fully. I do know that there are those subs the need this and body modification is a way for their Dom/me to supply this...

Hmmmm...geri, to my way of thinking marking is what you defined, i.e. it is "any mark put upon the submissive to mark that person as the property of the Master or Mistress."

Now branding is something altogether different.

Branding always involves the application of heat to skin to produce a wound that will leave a desired scar. Sometimes people engage in branding to formalize a collared bond, sometimes people do it for pleasure, sometimes... who knows. There are many and varied reasons for engaging in branding. Branding does not, however, include the practices of tattooing or scarification or piercing any of the other things that lie loosely in the area of what are called "body modifications".

Here are the definitons i think of with regard to various kinds of marking:

body modification
Making permanent but usually superficial alterations to the appearance of the body, sometimes by painful processes. See branding, piercing, scarification, tattooing.

branding
Making a permanent or semi-permanent scar on the skin by burning it with a heated metal object, as practised on livestock and in earlier times on slaves and criminals. Can be carried out safely with the correct technique and aftercare but still likely to be intensely painful, and seen by some as the ultimate either in body art or as the culmination of a heavily submissive relationship or scene.

More information in the Alternative Bodyart FAQ maintained by the Usenet group rec.arts.bodyart. Also covered in the Body Modification Ezine.

piercing
Any activity that involves piercing the body with a thin, sharp object such as a needle. There are two basic types: permanent piercing, sometimes called ringing, and play or temporary piercing.

Permanent piercing is carried out with a relatively thick needle in order to insert jewellery which is then worn on at least a semi-permanent basis.

Play piercing is carried out for the experience of the piercing itself, the sensation of which can vary between barely noticeable and excruciating depending on where and how it is done. Thinner needles are used and are removed before the end of the session.

Definitions courtsey of The Deviant's dictionary, your one stop definition-listing of all that's perverted.
http://www.queernet.org/deviant/frames.htm

You can go to BME (Body Modification Ezine) at www.bmezine.com for more info on all these kinds of marking and body mods. There's a world of info you'll turn up by doing a google search, too.

:cool:

Gee, i'm not at all sure that i'd lump a taste for body mods like piercings and tats into the same group as a need for humiliation.

They're totally different things in my life and a need for them, or not, arises from totally different sides of... me.

i am not branded,yet. but i definately would love to wear Sannion's mark... given so intensely. *sighs happily lost in a daydream* piercings and tattoo's are nice, but they're also something i've already done for myself. wearing his designs will be neat, and i'll definately be proud to wear them!
Branding for me will enter a whole new territory, and will be a very special thing for us.
okies, well i'm off to borrow some of his patience... lol i want it all now!!!

thank you for clarifying that, cym. you did a much better job than i. to me it is all the same. it is something that marks me as His. however a better definition was needed.

i personally think that humiliation can come from many different things and what may be humiliating to some might not be to others. as i said, it is the Master's role to know His slave/sub well enough to understand what these things are.

Thanks, cym, for the clarification... I see I am going to have to do some research for this thread...

I mean I knew that branding involved heat and scarring...

and I know the difference between tattoos and piercings, having both of those....

Then there are those marks Himself leaves me with everytime we are together... his handprint on my ass, the blood mark on my breast or shoulder... some little token to show that I belong to him...

Thanks for the information. I guess I am trying to understand some of the psychological aspects of this as well as learn what all there is to the BDSM topic.

If there's anyone here who is into being humiliated, please share with me what your point of view on it is.

BlkPnthr said:
Ummm that'd be branded.....if she wears your mark.

Sorry Bro, I always looked at branding as a burn / scar something more per. than a collar..........

But anyhow she wears mine and everyone knows she is mine.........:)

not into humiliation and thank god neither is Magister. He prefers that i kneel before Him as a whole person instead of one broken through that means. But to each His own. There are many aspects of this lifestyle and, in the end, we have to chose exactly which ones we follow.

On Branding

It's important to remember, I think, that unlike collars, tattoos, piercings, and brands are often body modification choices which have little or nothing to do with BDSM as a lifestyle.

I have a tattoo of a dragon on my right hip. I carry it as a self-chosen mark.

I have four brands, burns of different sizes, going back as far as twelve years. All of them are self-given, and only the last one has anything to do with my relationship to MasterMe, my husband. Even that last one, I gave myself, and it is not a sign of ownership, but a display of my satisfaction with our many bonds, in all senses of the word.

Many choose tatooing or branding as a more permanent display of ownership, like an indelible collar. However, that's not the only arena in which such modifications are made. Like piercings, it's very individual. There is overlap with BDSM life, but it's not an exclusive relationship.

Permanent Markings

I do not make permanent markings on my subs. I am also cautious about collars too. I do sometimes have temporary contracts, epsecially if I am training. They are not written, they are verbal, and they have worked very well up to date. They are also fluid, in that they change with time.

Ebony

I started this thread way back when, because I was interested in what others thought about markings more than anything. It is a ritual almost with Himself and me. From the very first time we were together He has made some mark on my body... nothing permanent... but some sort of reminder of Him...

I find the idea of some sort of permanent marking to be very exciting. I know that others shared on the old Mother thread about their brandings... and for some reason I find it exciting.

Being permanently marked by someone to whom you're tied emotionally is a high unlike anything else.

Remember, though, that life is long and people change.
While you're in that sweet place of contemplating *where* and *how* you'll have the permanent mark made on your body, hold to the thought that if the very worst thing in the world happens and you're no longer with your special person, you'll still have the mark.

Place it prudently.

Long ago, when i was turning 21 years old, i wanted a tat to mark the occasion. This was back in the days when drunken sailors on shore leave were the ones to get tats. Wisely, my Dominant insisted on accompanying me to have the procedure done since it involved my traversing "bad" areas of town at night and having the tat applied in a somewhat private area. Tattooists in those days didn't work during the day. Who would come in?

Anyway, we got stoned and had a few drinks (that was then, this is now - and you're right: tattooists won't work on people in that condition now) and then went downtown to the tattoist shop.

I had a drawing with me, a California poppy, that i wanted. I wanted it to the inside of my right hip, way inside. That required my removing my panties, a thing i did happily enough. My Dom watched vigilently while the tattooist spent careful time applying the tat. I never felt a thing despite the fact that the tat was applied right next door to my labia. It was a treat for the tattooist, he told us, to work on me. Almost 100% of his customers were drunk sailors.

To my great consternation, after my tat was done (and gloriosuly beautiful, too), my Dominant decided -on the spur of the moment- to get one put on himself. Even back then, i thought a tat shouldn't be undertaken on a whim. anyway, over my pleading and begging, he had a heart applied to his bicep, a heart partially obscured by a sinuous banner which had my name emblazoned across it. The longer version of my name, for those of you who know it, not the short version.

Tats are permanent.
Our relationship was not.

For all the years since then, i've wondered if he (1) had the tat removed, or (2) had it fixed so it didn't say my name any more, or (3) found someone else of my name with whom he could live happily ever after.

Moral of the story: insure any permanent marks you get are in private places, are not glaringly obvious, or be prepared to live with your mark as an immediately identifiable part of who you are in the eyes of friends, relatives, and strangers alike (including any new loves that life tosses to you), forever and ever.
:rose:

markings and all that

okee dokee here we go...
I do have, my collar from Mistress....and when i arrive at Her domain soon,...I will be allowed, to sign a contract with Her,..though this is not Her normal routine. She is from "the old guard" as She puts it and never ever used a written contract. it was all verbal...a submissive slave gave their word and that was it. but She is going to humor me and allow me to sign one.
now..
as to markings and all..Mistress says She will have me pierced in my genital area, and the nipple area...so being male,...it may prove a bit much for me,...and yet...somehow,...I look forward to it. mixed feelings. it is a strange world I have become involved in. but it is okay. I have no regrets. just sheer happiness inside.
it is She whom guides me and has been so very very gentle with me, emotionally as well as mentally. the physical will occur when I arrive there soon.
I am only guessing...since no real mention of it has been made,...but as to Her mark on me,...don't know in my mind if the piercings are what She calls Her mark or if there will be a tattoo or such also later. or a "branding iron burn the flesh type" will happen. find out about that when I get there too I suppose.
maybe I may be able to let you know about it????

may you have a very pleasant day...

Re: markings and all that

iamaddog said:
Mistress says She will have me pierced in my genital area, and the nipple area...so being male,...it may prove a bit much for me
Why would it be different for a male than it would for a female?

Back