Ok , I have a question..........

Wizard

Literotica Guru
Now I am a male and never ever go to the mall............No need at all too, the wife works there and is there almost every day so she brings home what we need from there.

So with that said...........I had to go there today for work ......I had to do some sign work for a store and as I worked I saw a few young girls wearing collars......... Now here is the question, I know I am getting older but I am not the old yet....... Whats the deal with them wearing collars is this the new fashion ????? The cool thing to do?????I mean they were young......

Any thoughts???????/:confused:

I wore a leather collar when I was in high school too. Trust me they have no clue what it's all about. I know I didn't. I wore one because I thought it looked cool and they did it in music videos. Along with my leather collar I had leather cuffs on each wrist. I was a looker let me tell ya.

Wizzie they have no clue they just think it's cool.

Thats funny thats what I thought, and I was with the chick that ownes the company that I work for.............She is also a good friend, and we go out (the 4 of us) so she knows all about what I'm into......she kept looking at me looking at them.......It was pretty funny....:)

LOL...that's because she knew what was going through your dirty mind.

Wizard said:
Now I am a male and never ever go to the mall............No need at all too, the wife works there and is there almost every day so she brings home what we need from there.

So with that said...........I had to go there today for work ......I had to do some sign work for a store and as I worked I saw a few young girls wearing collars......... Now here is the question, I know I am getting older but I am not the old yet....... Whats the deal with them wearing collars is this the new fashion ????? The cool thing to do?????I mean they were young......

Any thoughts???????/:confused:

They sell them at those earring and novelty stores like Claire's and Afterthoughts. They are in expensive and sell like hot cakes!

Ebony

lilfrk said:
LOL...that's because she knew what was going through your dirty mind.

heheheheh......yes she did.........Sorry can't help but to notice:D

Yeah... those collars are popular in Germany too. A few days ago I checked some of them out in one of those earring shops. I found one that looked pretty sturdy, but it was a bit too short. The other ones were long enough but way to flimsy. The shop owner asked and I told him "they are nice but not sturdy enough" His reply: "Oh, you want them for your dog?" I just said "No." and grinned. You should have seen his eyes go wide! LMAO :D

Monika

I too have seen the "kids" wear them - collars, cufflike bracelets and the like. It is pretty much (from what I know anyway) a result of that goth fashion style.

Even though I am well aware that they don't "know" what us pervs might have in mind when looking at them, isn't it nice to just for a moment c onsider the options IF they knew and meant it?*dreamy smile here*

Must be trickle-down fashion.

About 5 years ago, collars, all-black clothing and drugged-look makeup was the "in" thing at most colleges.

Monika

Frouwa_Aph said:
Yeah... those collars are popular in Germany too. A few days ago I checked some of them out in one of those earring shops. I found one that looked pretty sturdy, but it was a bit too short. The other ones were long enough but way to flimsy. The shop owner asked and I told him "they are nice but not sturdy enough" His reply: "Oh, you want them for your dog?" I just said "No." and grinned. You should have seen his eyes go wide! LMAO :D

Monika

Think he was a sub?

LOL

Ebony

Hecate said:
I too have seen the "kids" wear them - collars, cufflike bracelets and the like. It is pretty much (from what I know anyway) a result of that goth fashion style.

Even though I am well aware that they don't "know" what us pervs might have in mind when looking at them, isn't it nice to just for a moment c onsider the options IF they knew and meant it?*dreamy smile here*

If they only knew.........................;)

Perverted?-Dirty?

Noooooooo!,simply Sexually Erotically minded,LOL

Hecate

Hecate said:

You know...I think that exact same thought sometimes....what IF they knew what the collar meant... *licking lips to yummy thoughts*

lilfrk said:
I wore a leather collar when I was in high school too. Trust me they have no clue what it's all about. I know I didn't. I wore one because I thought it looked cool and they did it in music videos. Along with my leather collar I had leather cuffs on each wrist. I was a looker let me tell ya.

Hello,
Thanks for sharing :) that was a cute and funny story..
The question is knowing what you know now, would
you wear them now???? lol have a great day......
see ya lexy

Re: Re: Ok , I have a question..........

Ebonyfire said:

They sell them at those earring and novelty stores like Claire's and Afterthoughts. They are in expensive and sell like hot cakes!

Ebony

Hello again,
mmmm ppl get married, or engaged they share
rings,
Well when your committed to a exclusive relation-
ship in BDSM, Dom-Sub they were collars, as married
couples wear rings....
have a great day..... lexy

lilfrk said:

Maybe it's all about their need for individual self expression? Doms/Subs do not have a patent on wearing collars and cuffs and such, what makes you think that people living the lifestyle you do has a monopoly on wearing these accoutrements?

Wizard said:

If they only knew.........................;)

It is true if it's kids, it's usually a form of expressing
themselves, or a fashion statement.....

It's usually the adults that wear them as a sign of
BDSM......

lexy24 said:

Hello,
Thanks for sharing :) that was a cute and funny story..
The question is knowing what you know now, would
you wear them now???? lol have a great day......
see ya lexy

Hi lexy,

Yeah I would wear a collar today knowing what I know now. My mom use to ask me "If a guy came up and snapped at leash on that god damn collar you wear would you go with him?" My answer to her was: "Sure if he was cute enough." Oh to be 14 again.

Have a good day.

StondTmplPilot said:

Maybe it's all about their need for individual self expression? Doms/Subs do not have a patent on wearing collars and cuffs and such, what makes you think that people living the lifestyle you do has a monopoly on wearing these accoutrements?

Where in that little story did I say Doms/subs have a patent on wearing a collar and cuffs? No where that I know of, if you can find it please show it to me so I can remove it. Because I believe no such thing, nor did I say such a thing. I was just stating that when I was a young teenager I did the exact same thing that Wizzie saw in the mall that day. I wore a collar and cuffs and had no clue at the D/s meaning behind it. When I did it, I had a shaved head and it pissed my mom off so I did it. It was then and still is a punk/goth thing along with a D/s thing.

StondTmplPilot said:
Doms/Subs do not have a patent on wearing collars and cuffs and such, what makes you think that people living the lifestyle you do has a monopoly on wearing these accoutrements?
STP, welcome to the BDSM Forum. i think this is the first time you've posted here. We're definitely welcoming to all viewpoints, and accepting of most perspectives on sexuality. It's why we're as tolerant as we are, quite frankly, of the things that others elect to do or not do with their own lives.

I'm pretty sure that none of us has ever felt that because some of us wear collars to indicate a deep bond with our partner (or for a place to attach things during sex play... or because it helps our heads get into the space... or for any other BDSM reason), that no one else in the world can wear them for any other reason.

I'm certain that no one who's an even nominally regular participant in our discussions here would say such a thing in any kinda seriousness.

I'm deadly sure that lilfrk would not; i know her.

We don't claim a monopoly on any kinda symbols, STP, except the the BDSM Emblem that was made by one of us and is for us and us alone (http://members.aol.com/quagmyr/emblem.htm). We *all* claim that one.

Everything else, though, is fair game for anyone. Though, if i'm honest, i'll say that almost all of us do a little internal smirking when we see one of you wearing that which we put to a much different, much more adult use during our sex play with each other.

I'm glad you felt free to air your perspective. We encourage all views here, STP, as long as they're offered in the spirit of tolerance and respect.

i have a collar that i wear sometimes. it wasn't given to me by anyone but i do think it's symbolic of being a sub. i used to wear a chain around my wrist for the same reason. it's a little show of who i am in a way that's mostly acceptable.
on the other hand when my sister (she's 13) wanted one i told her no and wouldn't budge. i found her a different kind of necklace. i can't see my baby sister wearing something like that, it would weird me out.
:cool:

StondTmplPilot said:

STP, glad to see you over here ..................At the risk of talking when you pass someone in the mall with a football shirt or baseball shirt on you have to think they like one of those sports or at least the team shirt they are wearing............This is why I ask if they really knew what the collar was about.....................

You are very right about individual self expression.............and I am all for it, but for someone like myself when I see this BDSM is the very first thing I think of.............The same thing would happen if I saw someone in a Steeler shirt....I would think they are a steeler fan.............

:cool:

Back