A story that made me laugh in my class this morning.

Azwed

Invading Poland
My Rhetorical Tradition Prof is talking about how language is always evolving and how some words become obsolete and such. She brings up the example of letter writing and how 100 to 150 years ago letters addressed to a man might say Dear Master and letters addressed to a woman might say Dear Mistress. This makes me chuckle a little bit.

She keeps talking about how it would be very odd and unlikely for any of you to get a letter like this in the present day. This makes me chuckle a little harder and then I say under my breath, "Oh you would be surprised." I guess I said it a little louder then I thought because a few of the people sitting next to me kind of looked at me funny :)

Azwed said:
My Rhetorical Tradition Prof is talking about how language is always evolving and how some words become obsolete and such. She brings up the example of letter writing and how 100 to 150 years ago letters addressed to a man might say Dear Master and letters addressed to a woman might say Dear Mistress. This makes me chuckle a little bit.

She keeps talking about how it would be very odd and unlikely for any of you to get a letter like this in the present day. This makes me chuckle a little harder and then I say under my breath, "Oh you would be surprised." I guess I said it a little louder then I thought because a few of the people sitting next to me kind of looked at me funny :)

Thank you for this delightful story!!!!!

I use to go to a dinner theater in St Louis,Missiouri called "The Royal Dump" it was wonderful.........the females in attendence were called chattle etc.

One of the jokes they told was
"If you were in 17th century England and you were under 18 years old and your last name was Bates how would people address you................Master Bates"

Richard
Michigan

WE have our own beloved Master Bates at lit. He rears his head from time to time and is a delightful person.

Now my funny story for today.....in an odd way.

I was driving down the road, lost in thought. I was thinking about submission and the role it might play in my life's plan, if any. I was deep in thought when I heard a little voice in the back say:

"Mom! I know what a sub is!"

Ack! Panic! Oh my God! Has my little guy been reading things he shouldn't? I quickly took a mental inventory of any opportunity he may have had to eavesdrop on certain conversations. None!

"What is a sub, honey?" I ask in my best June Cleaver voice.

"A Submarine."

Phew!

But, geesh! What an odd time for him to wake and tell me something like that. :)

Oh gods!
Today must be a day for it!

This morning we were all rushing around trying to get ready to get out the door at the right time so no one would be late. My 13 year old daughter was searching through my dresser for a pair of socks that she'd condescend to wear (since hers were all mismatched and unmatched and /or dirty). She was getting frustrated cuz she couldn't find the particular socks (of mine!) that she wanted.

"Just get some of the new ones i have in the bottom drawer," i snapped at her, trying to wrestle her 5 year old brother into his shirt while he was trying to finish his Cheerios. (Yes, it was one of those mornings.)

And then i remembered something... something that made me snap upright and dash away from the little boy and back into the bedroom to stop the big girl from going there...

Too late.

As i came around the corner, she was turning toward me, a set of lovely nipple clamps held between her fingers, the thin silvery chain that runs between them glinting in the muted bedroom light.

"What is this?" she asked, extending them toward me.

I think i paled. Or blushed. Anyway, i snatched them out of her hand, dug out a pair of socks and pushed her toward the door.

"Grownup stuff," i said firmly.

She turned toward me.

"Go!" i told her, pointing at the door. "WE're going to be really late. Get your socks and shoes on."

She opened her mouth.

"GO!" i said more forcefully.

She went.

I made a silent vow not to use semi-public places as temporary BDSM gear storage at all ever again.
:eek:

Last edited:
cymbidia said:
Oh gods!
Today must be a day for it!

I made a silent vow not to use semi-public places as temporary BDSM gear storage at all ever again.

ROFLMAO

cym...BDSM and children can be an interesting mix

Richard
who kids are grown...thank god

So, cym,

Do you think she would have seen through the story that they were clip on earrings?

;)

earrings?

MissTaken said:
So, cym,
Do you think she would have seen through the story that they were clip on earrings?
;)

That's an interesting twist
ROFLMAO

Miss T I like your AV here

Re: earrings?

Richard49 said:

That's an interesting twist
ROFLMAO

Miss T I like your AV here

Thank you. I think it pretty accurately portrays the psyche behind all the fluff and titillating text of Miss T !

:p

OH those are good. Heheh. Nothing else like that has happaned lately. I do however keep getting visions of my two female bosses in Domme get up. :D

Work-related ones, here.

A co-worker was going through our office supplies, and grabbed a few binder clips. I jokingly said, in my best radio announcer voice: "Ah, binder clips. A thousand and one uses, some of which include paper." He gave me an odd look.

The other one involves a product we carry in our cafe. It's called "Moose Munch". You can just imagine how hard I laughed at that mental image.....

For the Teachers:
Today's staff meeting included a forty-five minute discussion of where/how we can find some "disposable" teaching staff. The questions flying back and forth about the difficulty of finding appropriately trained subs was enough to keep me in smirks for most of the meeting.

pierced_boy said:
There is a local shortage of teachers here. Maybe the disposed of ones can find new life recycled in the bottom of the world. Pun Intended.
And i'm a teacher with experience and good refs who cannot find a teaching job in what has to be the only county in the United States that has an excess of teachers. The newspaper recently reported that three of the four largest school districts in my county are "not renewing contracts" for many of thier new hires for next year. We have a major teacher's colleg here; people come here for that, end up falling in love with the area and, so, want to stay.

~mumbling gloom and doom stuff~
i think i'll have to do something besides teach.
But what?
I'm a teacher.
:confused:

cym opens new school

cymbidia said:
And i'm a teacher with experience and good refs who cannot find a teaching job in what has to be the only county in the United States that has an excess of teachers. The newspaper recently reported that three of the four largest school districts in my county are "not renewing contracts" for many of thier new hires for next year. We have a major teacher's colleg here; people come here for that, end up falling in love with the area and, so, want to stay.

~mumbling gloom and doom stuff~
i think i'll have to do something besides teach.
But what?
I'm a teacher.
:confused:

Today supper sub cym annouced the opening of a new school.
This new endeavor is designed to teach new Doms and subs
the ins and outs of the lifestyle

She further states that her school also teaches manners
the old fashion way
to the rude

MissTaken said:
So, cym,

;)

Maybe if you said they were a fashion ear cuff - you know like the ones Bajorans wear on Deep Space Nine (you can get them in the shops and they have a chain and two clips/cuff thingies).

there again maybe its a warning to be more tidy, my paretns turned up unexpectedly early one day - I hadn't got around to tidying the bathroom but thought, well its not that important. I've put away the Skin Two magazines; moved the tub of vaseline from the living room floor and shoved my leather stuff under the bed; thinking I had tidied up all the 'scary' stuff I concentrated on the kitchen and piles of washin gup - bad mistake!!!
When my dad went to use the toilet - there in the bath was my enema kit nicely hung up on the shower curtain rail!!!!

okay....i just had to add my funny story for the day.

in class today my professor was talking about this vocabulary game, but said that we needed to change the name from "Dominate" to "Dominoe" because of the sexual meaning of the orginal name.

my first thought was that the kids in our class aren't going to understand that...my second thought was how many of my own classmates understood it.

it was then that i noticed i was not the only one in the class who smiled in the knowing way...maybe i'm not the only one in my class... :)

tehya

Back