Caning

CarolineOh

Newbie Phase Two
I witnessed a caning recently, and it looked both terrifying and delicious. Does anyone have experience from either end of the cane? I'd like to know more about it. It appeared so horrendously painful, but the woman receiving it looked like she was in ecstacy.

I was caned in a really brutal manner many years ago. I was very young then, and i didn't really understand my powers to stop a scene. He was young, too, and as new to me as he was new to the idea of the giving of erotic pain.

He went WAY too far and i couldn't stop him. Didn't know how.

It was very bad for us both, quite frankly, and i never saw him again at all after that scene.

I was scarred and terrified beyond all reason of canes.

Forever after, canes were on my hard limits NO list.

Last October someone i thought i loved, someone i thought loved me, someone with whom i was taking the final steps to spend the rest of my life with as his slave caned me for the first time in all these many years.

At the time, it wasn't too bad.

Later (very recently, in fact), after the tumult of the disassociation of our relationship died down a bit, i've come to realize that i was again brutalized by a caning.

I don't like them.
I'm scared of them.
They're back on my NO list.

I can take almost anything else in the BDSM toybox - really!- but canes scare me.

Illogical and emotional, surely, but there you are. You asked.
:rose:

From what I've seen, it is a very intense instrument. Not something to be toyed with lightly.

Canes are a source of interest to me, as any spanking and whipping tools are, but I am both eager and hesitant to play with them. The potential for damage is pretty high, for the way I'd like to play.

But, I am drawn to them, for some reason....

CarolineOh said:
I witnessed a caning recently, and it looked both terrifying and delicious. Does anyone have experience from either end of the cane? I'd like to know more about it. It appeared so horrendously painful, but the woman receiving it looked like she was in ecstacy.

I have some experience on both sides, although I am far from expert. The important thing about canes is that because of their thin shape and flexibllity they have a unique 2 part effect. The first thing you feel is a nasty sting, then you think "well that wasnt TOO bad, then a second wave of more intense pain sweeps over you. This is because when the cane lands it compresses the flesh causing the first sensation, then as the flesh decompresses, comes the second. It is very intense. To me the second wave feels almost like heat surging through me, and I can literally feel it in every part of my body. This I think, is why it feels so sensuous to some people.
from a dominant perspective, caning is very cool because you get so much effect from so little physical effort. A flick of the wrist is enough to send the submissive into intense sensation. So the power exchange implications are huge.
Caning shouldnt be attempted without a mentor, in my opinion. So PM me! ;)

An essay on caning

I cane my sub quite heavily at times and he loves it.
BUT... he is a sensation addict.

Canes come in many sizes and materials;
rattan, bamboo, plastic, wood, acrylic.
Each delivers a different feel.

The skill of the Domme (Dom) will make a big difference
in your enjoyment. {!?}

I'd recommend starting with a fairly thick rattan cane.

Try it VERY lightly to start.

When the cane strikes there is the immediate sting
but there is also an "aftershock" to be enjoyed.

There is an essay from Sexuality.org This explains it
better than I ever could.....

http://sexuality.org/l/bdsm/chcane.html

:heart:

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, everyone.

Cymbidia, thank you, I appreciate hearing the down side as well as the good.

MysCynthia, your link was very helpful, thank you.

SpectreT, I think you understood exactly what I was feeling about the cane. It looks so terrifying, and yet there is something compelling about it.

And James, maybe we can negotiate a trade off;)

cym, I can relate to your story.

When I was in the scene, I went out with a top who I'd been lusting after.

Long story short, he spanked me so hard and so long that my entire ass was black and blue the next day.

I hated every minute of if, but didn't want to say to stop. Part of it was my intense interest in the man, and the other was me wanting to experience what my limits might be. What I might like and what not.

It was a mistake on my part to let it go on. The experience really turned me off to the scene for quite a while. That was 8 years ago and I'm just now regaining an interest.

I know myself better now. I don't really like hard pain. I'm more into being sexually dominated, used, shared, etc. I like a little light pain, but that's it.

Ahhh, lovely caning! *grin*

Yes, I have had experience with caning. I am a sub and love to be caned. It's very "sharp, quick" pain. My ex-Master used to make beautiful markings on my behind with his cane. Mmmmm, memories! *sigh*

Sorry

I am very sorry for those of you who had bad caning experiences! That must have been horrifying! It's wonderful to have a Master that you can trust totally.

I love caning. I have been on the receiving end several times. But then I have a Dom with many years of experience and who is very in tune with my responses.

I know many submissives who despise certain implements because of past experiences. I hate the wooden spoon, for example, but have no problem with canes or paddles.

You do have to be careful with canes, because they can break the skin, especially where the stripes cross (the marks left by the cane.) Also, some types of cane, like bamboo, can splinter.

You're welcome, Pierced-Boy. It's such an individual thing, isn't it? I've enjoyed coming here and reading all the different opinions and views on BDSM, and I've learned a lot from you already.

Thanks to

Thanks to all who have shared so far.

Thank you cym for trusting us enough to share your story
You also Ruby.....

I have never had the disire to cane.....
I was caned once when in training
Training in those days was designed to teach us Doms what the sub saw.....

Richard
Dom in Michigan

Re: Thanks to

Richard49 said:
Thanks to all who have shared so far.

Thank you cym for trusting us enough to share your story
You also Ruby.....

I have never had the disire to cane.....
I was caned once when in training
Training in those days was designed to teach us Doms what the sub saw.....

Richard
Dom in Michigan

Here's Grandpa again, telling us about how he walked fifteen miles through twelve feet of snow to get to school, and how the trip was uphill.... Both ways.

Just razzin' ya, guy.

You can't be that old; you understand enough about computers to be here!

I have an interest in canes from both sides; but I have too much respect for them to try using one without training.

willfulbrat: I can sympathize about the wooden spoon, though maybe not for the same reasons. My mom spanked me with a wooden spoon when I was a kid; the last thing I want is to be reminded of my mom during a scene! :D

Re: Re: Thanks to

SpectreT said:

<snip>

willfulbrat: I can sympathize about the wooden spoon, though maybe not for the same reasons. My mom spanked me with a wooden spoon when I was a kid; the last thing I want is to be reminded of my mom during a scene! :D

Ditto. Exactly the same reasons! And my Mom didn't accept safewords! LOL

Re: Re: Caning

James Blandings said:
I have some experience on both sides, although I am far from expert. The important thing about canes is that because of their thin shape and flexibllity they have a unique 2 part effect. The first thing you feel is a nasty sting, then you think "well that wasnt TOO bad, then a second wave of more intense pain sweeps over you. This is because when the cane lands it compresses the flesh causing the first sensation, then as the flesh decompresses, comes the second. It is very intense. To me the second wave feels almost like heat surging through me, and I can literally feel it in every part of my body. This I think, is why it feels so sensuous to some people.
from a dominant perspective, caning is very cool because you get so much effect from so little physical effort. A flick of the wrist is enough to send the submissive into intense sensation. So the power exchange implications are huge.
Caning shouldnt be attempted without a mentor, in my opinion. So PM me! ;)

mmmmmm.....canes.....

*not awake enough to elaborate much more there, heh*

I am not an expert at caning either, but I have had lessons, which I feel is important. Lessons or an experienced mentor is necessary, cause you can do a lot of damage if you do not watch out.

I love the marks that a cane leaves on my sub's ass cheeks.

Ebonyfire said:
I am not an expert at caning either, but I have had lessons, which I feel is important. Lessons or an experienced mentor is necessary, cause you can do a lot of damage if you do not watch out.

I love the marks that a cane leaves on my sub's ass cheeks.

Amen there...

My first couple of times being caned was by someone who is really quite skilled and knowledgable, which taught me to love the cane. I made the mistake of letting someone else who claimed he knew the skill cane me...and it was a disaster. That happened last August, and I still have the marks. So now whenever I hear someone talk about canes, I get into this preachy "learn your stuff or stick to pillows" and "never let anyone cane you that you haven't seen cane someone else" mode.

But just goes to show how very powerful of an implement it can be....despite my bad experience, I learned to get over it and love the cane again when in the hands of someone that knows their stuff. I shiver just thinking about it. mmm :)

Re: Re: Caning

serijules said:
Amen there...

My first couple of times being caned was by someone who is really quite skilled and knowledgable, which taught me to love the cane. I made the mistake of letting someone else who claimed he knew the skill cane me...and it was a disaster. That happened last August, and I still have the marks. So now whenever I hear someone talk about canes, I get into this preachy "learn your stuff or stick to pillows" and "never let anyone cane you that you haven't seen cane someone else" mode.

But just goes to show how very powerful of an implement it can be....despite my bad experience, I learned to get over it and love the cane again when in the hands of someone that knows their stuff. I shiver just thinking about it. mmm :)

James Bland's thread about the small effort needed to be effective is really the best advice. A flick of the wrist is enough for most subs.

Also, use the cane on your own skin so that you can get some respect for the implement.

Canes

I have a cane like this. Mine is made of rattan rather than bamboo.

Hmm canes! What can I say, I really like using mine, but just get to use it to little.

It's a very fine rattan cane which a sub friend of mine made for me personally. She did an excellent job with it, and I'm gratefull for the gift.

Here it is:

ShyGuy68 said:
Hmm canes! What can I say, I really like using mine, but just get to use it to little.

It's a very fine rattan cane which a sub friend of mine made for me personally. She did an excellent job with it, and I'm gratefull for the gift.

Here it is:

Very nice.

Canes - hmmmmm we have one in the toy-box, but it is the only toy we have never used.

Maybe this is because we are both products of the English education system, when we were at school caning was the usual form of punishment.

Yes they do hurt and yes they can shatter. My headmaster broke one across my arse when caning me, he selected up another one from his cupboard and gave me the final two strokes of the six he was administering.

As a recalcitrant schoolboy the cheeks of my arse usually bore scars despite the caning having been administered through my trousers.

Memory of those days makes me afraid to use this implement and so that toy will remain untested.

jon:devil: :devil: :devil:

Back