Is anyone here going to the Hosuton SM Ball this year?

BlondGirl

Aim for the Bullseye ; )
I'll be there Saturday night. I am excited and a bit scared. It will be a new experience and probably a wonderful thing to enjoy.

Oh FUN!

You'll give us a really good description, won't you?
Try to get in some group shots,. you know, the kind "they" (whoever "they" are) then post to a website someplace.

What are you wearing?
C'mon. Details of your clothing, darlin'... let's have it all...

I think I can guess what it is... Are there really such things? Wow...

Mutterign to self. You really must get up more courage dear. Yes, details of what you are wearing. Have you been before?

http://www.hpep.org/

Okay--I will try to give a good description of the event. Bear with me if I get repetitive or boring, please. Warwick, if you would be so kind to give your point of view also, I would appreciate it. I am sure I will be leaving out many, many of the delicious details.

My clothes: I wore a sweater and long pants and sandals. My lover wore jeans and a t-shirt. Not very kinky, but I was not so comfortable approaching this new adventure in my panties.

The location. It was on the 14000 block of south Main in Houston, near the main/post oak intersection. About 2 minutes from Fiesta (for those familiar with the location). The building is called The International Ballroom. Probably not too pricey of a place. There was more than enough room and there were 3 sections: The entrance, the stage area, and the vendor area.

The website was misleading. No one was given entrance before 8:30. We had arrived around 7 (hoping to check out the vendor area early) and split to shop at Fiesta before hand. (We got some Voodoo candles--the "Law Stay Away" and "Do as I say" ones were the best, IMO. )

We arrived around 8:10 or so and got in line. The couple in front of us was a pair of women. One was dressed in a latex Nun's outfit cut to the crotch in the front. The other was in a latex or plastic Nazi soldier costume. They discussed the various sensation items they liked to have on their pussies. One guy was in the parking lot trying to put on this elaborate winged costume. He had not succeeded by the time we entered the event. The woman in the ticket booth was wearing a Minnie Mouse costume. Yep, we were definately with the kinky crowd!

We entered into the stage area. There was nothing going on. We gawked a bit at the creatures there and headed into the vendor area. There were maybe 15 or so in there. We looked at the goodies at most of the displays and enjoyed headed back to the stage area.

The hostess was Nina Hartley. She was a perfect choice. There were various stage displays. 1 was a human spider in a web--someone with white yarn wrapped around him and the frame around him in a decorative display under black light. There was a bull whip show off--both on the smaller stage. The same bullwhip display was also shown on the main stage near the end of the event--exact same tricks and "jokes". There was a knife scene with paint-blood. There was a mock ping-pong display with a couple of subbie-girls tied standing with their tits together and their arms straight up and guys getting their asses back and forth. There was some medical fantasy thing that was not successful--how can you watch needle play on a stage? There was a bizzarre chick that read some "poems" with lines like: "
Pink. The color of my clit. Pink the color that I get when I reach down your throat and pull something out. " I was impressed---but probably not in a positive way! LOL She also did a milk-tit dance that was sorta cute. Nina Hatrley and another female did "punishment" scene act that was quite enjoyable. A guy dressed in a cowboy hat with neon lights did a couple of tricks. One was him lifting a girl up off the floor with his teeth. He also displayed "Butt Plug Bowling" where he had attached a butt plug to a bowling ball and, on stage, shoved the plug up his ass and then stood up and swung the bowling ball between his legs to knock something over. I am betting this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see such a talent. (These were not listed in order--just as I am rambling)

There was a http://rainbowrope.com/ display with a most delicious blond girl tied up and being teased. I found it very entertaining to watch and was hoping her tormentor could get her to cum. No luck while we were watching though. He should have blindfolded her--she was obviously distracted by the crowd. NOTE TO ALL POTENTIAL "PERFORMERS"--a blindfold can make all the difference. Watching her laughing and not-really-shy smile change to a look of desperation was delicious to see.

The costumes ranged from:
simple dresses
thongs
a guy we called "Mr Hanky" since he wore a bandana tied around his cock all night and a chain belt with handcuffs hanging over his anal cleft most of the evening
a couple of Bat outfits
several vampire folks
stupid t-shirts "Smoke crack and worship satan"
A drop-dead gorgeous black woman had on one of those mesh body suits that made her look so delicious that I am pretty sure most of the people in that room would have loved to have a taste of her--I know I sure had thoughts about it!
a tall guy in a hobble skirt and very high heels
several loose chain shirts/dresses
a plastic neon green nurses fetish outfit
several school girls
a couple of priests
lots and lots of guys dressed in black shirts and pants--the traditional Dom "uniform"
a sailor
Lots of guys in drag--some with their beards. Some of those guys looked great. Some looked pitifully put together. I would suspect those are the ones who don't have a woman helping them out to make it work. (Hint: Guys, if you are dressing in drag--be aware that men's shoulders and women's shoulders do NOT typically have the same shape. Dont wear something slinky with spagetti straps if you really want to look feminine!)
Wing-costume guy was around for a short while with his get-up finally on.

Nothing you could wear--and I mean NOTHING would be out of place. I cannot imagine any thing that would be frowned upon there.

I am thinking of crocheting a loose mesh to wear next year. Of course, I have lots of other ideas too.

One of the best things about this event was the variety of people there. Most seemed fairly comfortable and there was no obvious snobbery about body differences. Some women and men were huge and some women had breasts that left their costumes obviously lacking. Didn't matter a bit. Lots of tight asses mingled with lots of saggy asses. Tons of pot bellies and tons of brick hard abs and everything in between. Some people in wheel chairs and a few with canes. It was truly an inclusive event. I did notice the lack of body hair. I don't remember seeing any.

There were a few assholes. One guy was smoking pot while standing alone against the railing. I found that to be too stupid. The last thing that is acceptable is to do something illegal in a room full of police officer security guys and people who are celebrating behaviours that are openly frowned upon by most of society.

Overall, it was well worth the 25$/ticket to attend. I would recommend it to anyone--but be sure to wear comfortable shoes. I was and my feet were still aching horribly. I can't imaging how the guy in the hobble skirt was feeling in his stilettoes!

All right--who is coming next year?

~~~~~~~~~
(Cym, picture taking is not allowed at most SM events. Remember, most people cannot risk having their photos end up on the boss's desk.)

BlondGirl said:
One of the best things about this event was the variety of people there. Most seemed fairly comfortable and there was no obvious snobbery about body differences. Some women and men were huge and some women had breasts that left their costumes obviously lacking. Didn't matter a bit. Lots of tight asses mingled with lots of saggy asses. Tons of pot bellies and tons of brick hard abs and everything in between. Some people in wheel chairs and a few with canes. It was truly an inclusive event. I did notice the lack of body hair. I don't remember seeing any.
One of the things i really really love about the kink community is that we are *so* accepting of differences - and all flavors of differences, too, not just kinks. If a person doesn't feel welcome in a BDSM gathering due to body image concerns, then they'll never feel welcome in any group.
There were a few assholes. One guy was smoking pot while standing alone against the railing. I found that to be too stupid. The last thing that is acceptable is to do something illegal in a room full of police officer security guys and people who are celebrating behaviours that are openly frowned upon by most of society.
No one kicked him out? Man. That kinda behavior is rude, crude, and dangerous for everyone.
All right--who is coming next year?
I don't think i can make it to Texas, but i'm definitely going to my local (= San Francisco) events as they pop up this year. I'll report back to y'all, too.
~~~~~~~~~(Cym, picture taking is not allowed at most SM events. Remember, most people cannot risk having their photos end up on the boss's desk.)
Yeh, but there always seem to be pics taken at these big events, pics that end up on websites. Individual people can't/don't take pics, that is true, but there are Event Photogs roaming the crowd and snapping shots. I've seen them. I've seen the websites, too. You didn't have any at yours?

Last edited:
The main stage display was videoed but the one incident of a flash bulb popping off got an immediate response from the hostess. I did not see any event sponsor people with cameras and I certainly would not have felt comfortable there if this were the case. I would really hate to lose my job in my granny-run company because of this.

As for the pot smoker, this was near the end of the night, the room was so cloudy with cigarette smoke that the pot was not so obvious until we were walking past him.

The cigarettes were a problem. The room had a cloudy haze over it within an hour and it only got worse. ANY ventilation would have been appreciated. I and my partner both were made very umcomfortable from this. So umcomfortable that we both went back to the hotel coughing and sneezing and hacking and unable to fuck at all. Looking across the room kept reminding me of the average AA meeting--LOL. The one play party in the past did not allow smoking in side and had a security monitered smoking area. While I realize that would be difficult at such a huge event, simply opening the exit doors at each side would have likely provided a MAJOR difference in the smog. (We had to leave before the event was over. I am sure that if this aspect was better planned for, more people would be able to attend. )

Next year I will probably have to premedicate to better deal with this.

Just a bump in hopes that we can get more input on the experiences people have had at public SM events.

me ;)

Back