So I have found my local munch group meeting place.

Mr. Bootie

Da Bootieman is back!!
I've been thinking of going to the meetings. I'm a little apprehensive. I've already walked by the meeting area, but I haven't walked in. From what I've seen, it's a fun group just talking and having drinks. For those of you that have been to a munch, how should I approach the group? How do I introduce myself? Do I need to say that I'm Dom/Sub ? I know I need to keep an open mind, I'd just likd any advice on how to present myself. Thank You.

kgboot
aka " Mr. Bootie"

Not having ever been to a munch, I wonder, do they have a web page or chat group?

If so, you could register or whatever there, then you wouldn't feel so out of place when attending a function.

When skitten and first went to ours, we called to let them know we where coming . I found there web site and they ask tht folks rsvp so they can tell the resturant how many will be coming to prepare the food........

Our place has a "host" at the door. Ours meet in the bsement banquet room and lets you wear collars if you wish.

You walk in and there is a table to "Sign in" get a name tag with a colored dot to show you are a sub,Dom, or switch............

They will all come over to you and introduce themself to you and show you around.

It will be nearve racking at first but It will pass once you are inside........

Take a deeeeeeep breath and pass through the door........Enter the realm...........

Good luck and enjoy.........:cool:

To help yourself feel more comfy, maybe go find their website, or at least an email addy to which you can send a message. Send the message introducing yourself. Be honest, say you're feeling kinda shy and hesitant but you really want to come. (They're WAY used to this and know how to help you.)

When i did that, the local organizer invited me to come about 10 minutes early and we chatted a bit. I was already in there, sitting down by the organizers elbow, when everyone else kinda wandered in. (People aren't usually too late to these things, i've noticed.)

The organizer intro'ed me to the first few people who came in the door. Those people plopped right down by me and started talking to me. It wasn't in a prying way at all, just in a conversational manner. As more people came in, the convo changed to things they all had done or seen and i listened quietly for some of it, but was never left out in the cold for long.

I introduced myself, or was introduced by the organizer, by my first name. That's all. As i spoke with others, as i became more comfy (and it wasn't during the first munch i attended either), i worked my orientation into the convo. As i began making more jokes and loosening up, so did everyone with whom i was interacting and beginning to come to know. Now, after five munches, i make all kinds of jokes about all kinds of stuff, and so does everyone else, and we giggle like kids when we have to quiet down cuz the waitperson is making the rounds with a coffee pot.

So email your munch organizer, kgboot. Tell then what youneed and want and ask to be put on thier distribution list (so you get all the info about upcoming local events.) They'll help you.

My munch group is more nilla-seeming than is Wiz' and skitten's. At mine, for the two lunch munches and one dinner munch each month, we all meet in a banquet room of the restaurant. There is no check-in. There is NO fetish clothing or stuff allowed, not even collars that are too obviously BDSM. Everyone has separate checks for the food/drinks they consume. (15% is automatically added to each bill to help keep the restaurant and wait staff happy with us.)

Present yourself as you are.
Don't lie or exaggerate your experience. Don't be shy. You'll probably feel at least a little weird at first cuz you're not used to being open about this kinda stuff to strangers - but they're ALL kinky like you, so that weird exposed feeling will wear off soon.

Go.
Have a good time.
All will be well.
:rose:

My experience with munches is closer to cym's than to Wizards. Much depends on the location, but most that I have attended have not allowed fetish wear or collars, or used any sort of identification system for orientation.If it is appropriate to the venue, I can see how you would allow those things though.
Generally speaking, it's going to be a bunch of people sitting around a restaurant chatting, virtually indistinguishable from any other gathering. just be yourself and relax. People are there hoping to make friends.

I forgot..........

My munch group is more nilla-seeming than is Wiz' and skitten's. At mine, for the two lunch munches and one dinner munch each month, we all meet in a banquet room of the restaurant. There is no check-in. There is NO fetish clothing or stuff allowed, not even collars that are too obviously BDSM. Everyone has separate checks for the food/drinks they consume. (15% is automatically added to each bill to help keep the restaurant and wait staff happy with us.)

We pay at the door when we get our name tags.............;)

Back