Corsets

CarolineOh

Newbie Phase Two
I'm very interested in getting a corset. Does anyone have any advice on buying or wearing them or some good vendor sites they could recommend?

I love corsets!

I have a victorian corset I bought at Frederick's of Hollywood. I have alsojust bought one on Ebay. it is backordered and I ave not gotten it yet.

If you know of somewhee where you can go to try one on, that is the best thing. I am lazy, and hate to leave my house to shop anymore. So I have to rely on my knowledge of my body.

Ebony

caroline, if you clean out your PM box, I will send you some links to some good local vendors......

I am about to attempt to make one, wish me luck. Why I am doing this I have no idea. Except maybe cause I was told it was impossible.

Besides, I couldn't find the color, the style, the size and the price all in one.

James Blandings said:
caroline, if you clean out your PM box, I will send you some links to some good local vendors......

OK, thanks JB. But since I am a switch and you are a switch I don't know if you should spank me for having a full PM box, or if I should spank you for being a wise guy.;)

Merelan said:
I am about to attempt to make one, wish me luck. Why I am doing this I have no idea. Except maybe cause I was told it was impossible.

Besides, I couldn't find the color, the style, the size and the price all in one.

Please let us know how it turns out!

Going to make a mock up one first, to make sure I can do it. Then with some fabric I have an eye on.... Just need sweet Mistress to tell me what color.

Making Corsets

I run a side business making custom made clothing and have a little experience making corsets. If you need any help, PM me.

I also have a corset that I bought from Axfords.com which I am very happy with, I just stick out more on top than your average corset wants to hold in ;)

:rose:

CarolineOh said:

OK, thanks JB. But since I am a switch and you are a switch I don't know if you should spank me for having a full PM box, or if I should spank you for being a wise guy.;)

Why not both?

Thank you so much Trinka. How kind of you, and nice to meet you. I have long wanted an Axford and wondered if they were worth the money. From what I hear they are.
Shall try this, and might take you up on your offer. But want to try at least, to prove to Mistress, and myself I can do it.

I got mine from Fredericks .. It was relitively inexpensieve (about $60) compared to some of the ones online I have found and if you go to try one on it's nice to have a friend who can help lace you up ;)

Axfords

I paid about $120 for my corset and I would say it is worth it. But there is nothing like making something for yourself and the pleasure of a work well done. Good luck. Let me know if you need help :)

:rose:

I looked at the Axford's site, and it gave me a little better idea of what I want. Thanks for that tip, Trinka. I am going to check out one of the local corset makers Mr Blandings let me know about later this week.

Thanks for the links ladies, so much to look at. That Delicious Corsets site really has some amazing stuff!
Deciding what I want isn't going to be easy.

Blushing Rose said:
Your link is faulty, petrel - try this one instead:

Delicious Corsets

that would be my inability to spell properly when typing then!!

thank you for correcting the link Blushing Rose, my only excuse is it's late and I am slightly tipsy!

I'm a corset lover! Get fitted before you buy if you've never bought one before. There are lingerie shops scattered all over the place, even in smaller towns. You may have to drive, but it's worth it!

I couldn't even imagine trying to get into one the first time without knowledgeable help. Of course, every corset fits different, but once you've gotten used the way they're supposed to fit on you, it's easier to know what to look for.

Even if you don't find one you like at a local shop go and try them on anyway. You'll get to see what style look good on you and what doesn't. You'll also get to see a free show ;) It feels wonderful.

The 'Net is great, but for buying intimate gear, I go to a lingerie store. Not an adult store with lingerie in it, but one that makes its main money off of lingerie. I try before I buy because even 60 dollars is a lot of money for something that you're not happy with or something that doesn't fit right.

Thanks KM. The place I'm going to tomorrow comes highly recommended by people I've talked to in the local BDSM community. Apparently they both make corsets and sell others as well, so I'm hopeful that I will find something I like.:)

I am pretty sure I would have to travel several hours to find a corset.

I was considering having one made for me.

Even that would be difficult as I have never tried one on.

Well, I tried several on today, but I haven't made a final decision yet. The ones I really liked are ungodly expensve, so I need to convince myself it's worth spending the money.
I'll tell you though, they feel very sexy to wear. And it was a lot of fun trying them on at the fetish store and being the center of attention. :)

I justified the 80 bucks I slapped down on my first corest by buying a multi-purpose one. It's not very BDSMish, I don't think, but I can put a silk skirt on under it and wear it for formal wear or I can wear it with jeans and a loose, billowy silk shirt. Talk about making eyeballs pop out of some heads. :D

Trying on corsets is wonderful. I'm addicted. So is the Stud cause he gets to see.

http://www.absolutecorsets.com/

hee hee...hope the link works!

"lady marlene" is a brand of lingerie I know a few drag queens prefer...very basic styles and colors and it definately mimics a corset look for like around forty dollars for a long line...theres a brand of corset...i believe its been dubbed "the real thing" thats manufactured in london...constructed in several layers of a heavy rayon satin with metal boning and clasps..i only remember the label as being identified with the british flag and the last time i saw them for sale was at the Patricia Field boutique in manhattan...you might want to try thier online shoppe...

Back