cymbidia

unrepentant pervert
Why do you choose yours?

I have many av's, over 35 at last count. There's probably closer to 45 in there now. I love them.

I choose mine almost wholly based on how i respond to the inherent sensation being offered in the picture. They are always are BDSM in nature, often show one small facet of BDSM play that may not be familiar to most people (read: nillas), and never show faces. I don't want to BE my av but they all represent a part of who i am.

I use my av's to make assorted small aspects of BDSM less scary to those who haven't had much exposure to it. It's important to me to help those people begin to become aware that there are regular people behind the floggers.

I just recieved a PM from a nilla friend here at Lit, someone many of us know. It prompted this thread and i want to share it with you:

Your av

{the Lit friend} wrote on 03-28-2002 11:27 AM:

is frightening.
You scare easily, my friend.
In actuality, the implement is called a Wartenburg Pinwheel and is not pushed into the skin but run lightly, so delicately, over the top of it, across sensitive areas, yes, but up the legs and back, too.

It's an excercise in trust, among us, and a way to dissolve barriers.

It can be incredibly erotic, too.

Don't be scared.
Be intrigued.
~hugs~
b.

So what qualities make you choose your avs? What is it your seeking to reveal about yourself or what's important to you via the adoption of an av? What do all your av's have in common?

Step right up...

I don't have one. I never have so I guess they say nothing about me or I have nothing to say about me...

I always look forward to your av's cymbidia.

Mine is one that Mistress Hecate gave me, until then I only had one for a short time at Halloween, again from her. Is the only one I use, because of that, and because I have no idea how to make them appear and change. She put it up for me. She says it looks like me, reminds her of me. Maybe, in a way.

I'm still laughing about the PM that originally sparked this thread - and the one i got since then, after a sent her a link here.

RE: Your Av

{the Lit friend} wrote on 03-28-2002 11:48 AM:
It looks like a pasta cutter. I have one of those. They're not nearly as scary as yours, but I don't think that {her boyfriend} would be interested, unfortunately.
And lilfrk? You didn't explain yours. It looks kinda like those nuclear warning signs, you know the ones that indicate a nuclear hazard...

No?
Well, what then?

(It does kinda look like a pasta cutter, doesn't it?)

I choose my avatars based upon two criterion:

1. They need to be pleasing to me. I look at the artistic value. After all, I see the av more than any other lit member .

2. They need to depict some portion of my character or psyche. Perhaps a change in avatar is indicative of a change in condition or mood?

LOL! OMG who would have thought I'm a nuclear hazard? OK Don't answer that question.

It's a form of a celtic trinity knot. It means something along the lines of: lifelong faith love and friendship depending where you read about it.

MissTaken said:
Perhaps a change in avatar is indicative of a change in condition or mood?
I change my av's pretty frequently. Sometimes it's in response to the dictates of mood, often it's just cuz i'm bored and have an odd few minutes to play with it.

One of these months i'm going to change my av every single day, from the first one right straight through to the last one, so they all can have a day out. Most of mine, poor things, don't get out too often.
lilfrk said:
It's a form of a celtic trinity knot.
Well of course it is! I can see that clearly now. Sorry, darlin'; i'm feeling pretty darn dense about this, to be honest.

It's lovely, lilfrk.
And so you, too.
(The non-nuclear you, of course.)
:cool:

I choose my avatars based on what I am feeling. The only reason that I have the dolly avatar right now is because of my role play thread. Basically the dolly looks just like my character. However I do believe that a change is in order. So I am going to be switching back between the dolly which is attached below and this current avatar....

I'm switch and with this avatar there is clear bondage with ropes, but it is hard to say which is bound if you know what I mean.

Oh.. btw.. the role play thread is..
The Field House
It's interesting because in it Dusty explores submission as she learns about her sexuality. Soon she will be considered a sub... That is yet to come though.

Attachments

• jeansdoll2name.jpg
    jeansdoll2name.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
cymbidia said:
Well of course it is! I can see that clearly now. Sorry, darlin'; i'm feeling pretty darn dense about this, to be honest.

It's lovely, lilfrk.
And so you, too.
(The non-nuclear you, of course.)
:cool:

It's ok.

Thank You. I've been told they are very me before. I'm not sure what that means but I'll take it as a good thing. For whatever reason celtic knots and crosses just seem to mean something to me. I'm getting a tattoo of one soon. Maybe I'll make that my AV for awhile.

my AV

actually, I've been told that if I were green, I'd resemble my AV's body greatly. Too bad my AV doesn't have a bigger willie!

Re: my AV

monster666 said:
actually, I've been told that if I were green, I'd resemble my AV's body greatly. Too bad my AV doesn't have a bigger willie!

Well, if you go by girth, honey, it ain't too bad.

cymbidia said:
I have many av's, over 35 at last count. There's probably closer to 45 in there now. I love them.

I choose mine almost wholly based on how i respond to the inherent sensation being offered in the picture. They are always are BDSM in nature, often show one small facet of BDSM play that may not be familiar to most people (read: nillas), and never show faces. I don't want to BE my av but they all represent a part of who i am.

Cym;

Can't wait until your previous avatar rotates back through the lineup. I LOVED that one with the golden wirework curling around the breast and piercing the nipple.

-T

Gee it seems i'm always running a day late...

i've loved all your avys, cym. i think i said this one with the wartenburg gave me "chills", but that's not the same as being scared
...is it? <with the Groucho bobbing eyebrows>

Mine so far is a picture of me, distorted a bit to cover for the cheap camera, and twisted into a stained glass window, the kind some call a God's Eye.

i'll get around to more, and i'm looking for pix to chop out chunks from, but got nothing so far.

P.S. Miss Taken, i'm in love with your current avy, i wanna go skinny dipping with her, but it looks too cold. RisiaSkye has another heart throb of mine.

can i die from loving too much?
Blue

Last edited:
Just curious, Doc

What do you see when you see my av?

Thus far, she is my favorite and it goes beyond her sex appeal or the beauty of the work.

I am curious to know if she truly depicts to others what I feel she shares about me.

:)

And BTW, I do like yours. (I am drawn to av's that digress from the norm and rather enjoy color. Knowing it is a pic of you really is cool!

In short terms Miss Taken, she is one exploring herself. Just coming into her own. Realizing, perhaps for the first time, she is beautiful, sexy.
Without knowing it she has blossomed, and in her pose i feel she is discovering her own sensuality.

Then again, it could just be she is a tease and is set on driving me crazy!

Merelan said:
In short terms Miss Taken, she is one exploring herself. Just coming into her own. Realizing, perhaps for the first time, she is beautiful, sexy.
Without knowing it she has blossomed, and in her pose i feel she is discovering her own sensuality.

Then again, it could just be she is a tease and is set on driving me crazy!

I never tease!

Re: mine

I don't have an avatar . . . maybe someobody could come up with a good one for me? I do like cym's, misstalen's and meralyns. They all make me smile!

Re: mine

I don't have an avatar . . . maybe someobody could come up with a good one for me? I do like cym's, misstaken's and merelan's. They all make me smile!

Soo...is this like a Rorschach test?

MissTaken said:
What do you see when you see my av?

Thus far, she is my favorite and it goes beyond her sex appeal or the beauty of the work.

I am curious to know if she truly depicts to others what I feel she shares about me.

:)

And BTW, I do like yours. (I am drawn to av's that digress from the norm and rather enjoy color. Knowing it is a pic of you really is cool!

The diminutive scale necessary for an avatar tends to rob it of a lot of subtlety, but there is so much beauty in your avy that it survives compression.

i see a beautiful girl, mahogany tresses partly covering her face, clad in a very sheer shift which is pulled (thank God) down to just below her breasts.

She stands just over knee deep in water, hands on her thighs, gazing down...perhaps at her own reflection.

i see (i feel like a gypsy fortune teller here) that the back wall appears to be dark rock, perhaps a cave, with a hint of stalactites above her.

Behind her i see sparks and streams of white and gold light, as if there are fairies flying around her leaving trails of glowing dust.

Besides the appearance of the picture, there is a mood of intimate privacy and budding sensuality.There is a feeling of something soft and smooth, surrounded by stern, harsh, unforgiving rock, with a touch of magic to balance the two.

i'd love to know more about the original picture, Speaking of pictures, i don't want to shatter any illusions, but if you want to know what i look like without the fisheye lens effect, i've attached a more realistic picture of me. Push the button below to see me as i looked while in the Navy about 12 years ago.

i've changed very little since then, outwardly. i hope the weather's nice in Neverland, thanks for the directions. Things do get dull here in Alwaysland. i may fly off and join you.:kiss: :rose:

attachment.php

Last edited:
MissTaken's Av is by an artist named Luis Royo. If you do a google search on him you will find a ton of stuff. He's amazing.

Edited to add this link to a Luis Royo gallery for Dr. Blue I just hope it works.

http://www.aumania.it/fantasyart.html

Last edited:
I picked mine (straying from my favorite theme) just because that face is so damned irrestible. Of course, this is why this pup and I wake up to each other every morning, isn't it?
;)

Good GOD! lilfrk...

Thanks for the link to the fantasy art.
This Luis Royo is REALLY prolific!

i finally got my Navy Avy link to work. It's not exactly the kind of image that i'd wish to project as myself these days, but you can see that my forehead isn't really 5 times as big as my jaw.

i hope to find an avy that really expresses my SELF, maybe your link will provide something that'll help.

Last edited:
Back