Votes: 24 63.2%
  • No - I would not be able to go due to other commitments

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • No - I would not want to meet other BDSM/Lit people in Real Life

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

petrel

Literotica Guru
Would you go to a 'munch' event for the BDSM board here on lit if one were organised?
If you would go - how far would you be prepared to travel?
What would you be prepared to pay for a ticket?

Location would be the biggest issue. I would never pay for a round trip flight to LA for such a thing, but would perhaps to a less expensive place. (Any discussion of re-arranging the Vegas party?)

I would expect that smaller gatherings would be easier to arrange. I really don't know if I would feel comfortable spending, for example, an entire weekend with other Lit folks. (After all, I am sure there are a few seriously-messed-up-kooks here. Statistically there has to be!) An afternoon "munch" geared toward people in the regional area would be an excellent starting point.

Perhaps if that had gone on for a while, then the regional groups could discuss an actual larger gathering.

Of course, this line of thinking is based on my own levels of paranoia.

Call me a complete dumbass (go on, I love it!) but what is a 'munch' group????

inform me!
arctic

Seriously messed up kooks? We have those here? Geesh.

They let anyone in don't they.

I would love to meet some of you. But location, as always is the biggest issue. Time and money are always in short supply.

On a side note about the time and money... where the hell does it go?

Merelan said:
I would love to meet some of you. But location, as always is the biggest issue. Time and money are always in short supply.

On a side note about the time and money... where the hell does it go?

I would definately like to meed quite a few friends from this section of Lit as well. I'm actually lucky that I'm going to visit a very good friend from here in about 2 weeks time! It's not the first time we meet, so we're both sure we get along and will have a nice time.

And yes the big problem for me is money and location as well.

I would definitely be into getting together with others. Perhaps we could do a regional thing..

And I am definitely up to getting together with at least a Houston area group.

I'd be interested. It's always nice when I get an opportunity to see the people behind the screen, so to speak.

It's easy to say yes to a more regional thing, where I could just drive to...Chicago comes to mind as the largest regional area around.

But then, I've been meaning to get back out to Vegas soon anyway, so I wouldn't mind the extra expense of flying in a case like that. Unless I have other reasons for being there though, hard to give an unequivocal yes.

I voted yes but then I love events *grin* I have always wanted to vist America too so like BBD said it would combine two desires.

It seems like most people wouldn't mind local munches - so now who else is marooned over on this side of the pond?

btw I may fly to the states but I am NOT trekking down to london!!!! too bloody expensive by half!

petrel said:
I voted yes but then I love events *grin* I have always wanted to vist America too so like BBD said it would combine two desires.

It seems like most people wouldn't mind local munches - so now who else is marooned over on this side of the pond?

btw I may fly to the states but I am NOT trekking down to london!!!! too bloody expensive by half!
Well actually, I could see myself flying over to London for something. It's been a few years since I've visited and maybe I could still find a few old friends around from when I lived there.

petrel said:
Would you go to a 'munch' event for the BDSM board here on lit if one were organised?
If you would go - how far would you be prepared to travel?
What would you be prepared to pay for a ticket?

I'd like to attend and meet all of you! Normally travelling is not an issue, but right now, all my plane tickets go to the UK.

Ebony

Re: Re: A Literotica/BDSM Munch

Ebonyfire said:

I'd like to attend and meet all of you! Normally travelling is not an issue, but right now, all my plane tickets go to the UK.

Ebony

maybe you should look me up some time - or better yet come along to our august bank holiday fetish carnival

Re: Re: Re: A Literotica/BDSM Munch

petrel said:

maybe you should look me up some time - or better yet come along to our august bank holiday fetish carnival

I will be in the UK starting June 24th for two weeks visiting my love Bluespoke.

I return to the States July 9th.

Sounds like fun, though!

Ebony:)

Time and money.

The two things we spend, fritter and waste, then bemoan the loss of.

It really would depend on travel, time and cost. I'd love to be part of such an undertaking, but I'd need to save a fair chunk of change to fly anywhere out of Syracuse. Our air travel costs are among the highest in the nation. I could save some money on travel by driving to Rochester or Buffalo to fly wherever.

Assuming enough time and money to plan it, I'd be there.

And people always say to look out for kooks, but I haven't found any....

:D

T.

I would go to an event located in the Northeast US, as long as I could get there by Amtrak. (I hate to fly!)

i would love to attend ...

i think the word i'm looking for is "Alas". i'm sure the closest such gathering would be quite a ways from me.

My vote was that i'd pay for a ticket to attend. (that seems fair, i expect there'd be rental for a place to meet, at least) Unfortunately the cost of transportation alone would pretty well tap me out.

Still, there is nothing more appealing to me than the thought of meeting some of you people. This is the funniest, warmest, smartest collection of humans i've ever encountered. If i got among you, i fear i'd never go back home.

If it happens, take pictures and post'em. OK?

Blue

As much fun as I'm sure it'd be, I'm extremely short on both money and time. That why I'm here, as opposed to off travelling the world.

I'm with Blue, though. If it goes down, we expect pictures, and a full report. ;)

I'm going to go to San Diego in June, i think, to visit my family and, at long last, R. (Hi R! Surprise!) No dates yet. Still waging war with Tom over money. I *don't* want to drive with one or two kids in there with me. That driving thing would eat up all my visiting time, be painful for us all, and my car is six years old now so i'm beginning to have to be careful with it.

Will anyone else be around there then?

Calling all SoCal perverts...

Looks like I was the first person to vote that I would not want to meet BDSM people in real life. I tend to have a lot of difficulty making friends, and I feel that BDSM would not be enough common ground for me to want to spend time with a group of new people.

I wonder if it's the case that people who live the lifestyle 24/7 are more likely to be interested in munches than people who only do BDSM in their sexual activities.

Lain

Lain said:
Looks like I was the first person to vote that I would not want to meet BDSM people in real life. I tend to have a lot of difficulty making friends, and I feel that BDSM would not be enough common ground for me to want to spend time with a group of new people.

I wonder if it's the case that people who live the lifestyle 24/7 are more likely to be interested in munches than people who only do BDSM in their sexual activities.

Lain

I was number 2, Lain.

I do admit to being rather antisocial in person, but that isn't it. I think the main issue that made me click the button that I did is that I read you guys. You read me. This is essentially a literary world that I know you in, and I'm not comfortable changing that. Even me describing events and actions in my real life isn't really real (whoa I said "real" too much in that), because it's selected facts. I insert as much reality into my stories, but that isn't my life.

It isn't that I'd be forced to drop my lofty, nonchalant persona, but that I wouldn't be Quint the Writer/Editor anymore. I'd have to tell you my real name, and I wouldn't be able to sign off when I feel uninspired. I'm a pretty neat person in real life and in internet, but I don't ever want the two to cross. Does this make sense, or are those imaginary hostile vibes not?

Sorry, Blue!

Quint and Lain, I do understand your positions.

For me though, it is a little different... I like having support in the area and I like making new friends. But that is just me.

I also think that most of the people here seem much more together than some of those that I have met on line in the chat rooms and other sites. I like the idea of having intelligent new friends who already know about me.

Don't worry Quint...

i think you stated your case very well. i really liked "I wouldn't be able to sign off when I feel uninspired". That's honest and a real concern.

Most of my life i've been very antisocial too. 20 years of playing in a rock band kinda changed that. But deep down, i've always felt in good company all by myself.

The computer has changed things for me completely, we can be "alone together". The people i've met here are some of the most amazing minds i've ever encountered. (i say this almost every day)

A chance to hear them speak and laugh, see them smile, smell and even touch them would be a feast for me beyond description.

And as for YOU! i think i'd have to wear diapers cuz i bet you'd make me laugh in RL as much as you do online.

But! i can't go anyway. (unless i win a "beautiful PAID vacation to the destination of your choice")

Apologize not for whom you are. ya lil cutie!

See you in my dreams! :kiss:

My suggestion would be instead of trying to put on some event of our own, arrangements could be made for people to attend one of the already existing big events and meeting there.
The Chicago parties are great, and that's a central location for many people. In fact, one of the reasons the scene is so strong in Chicago is because back in the old days, it was the traditional meeting place for many national leather groups.

THanks to everyone who has posted on here so far;
I htought there might be more of you who wouldn't want to meet up and I thought the reasons woudl be pretty much the ones Quint and Lain gave.
I am not a 24/7 BDSMer but I do miss out on intelligent witty conversation and I do like to be able to talk wihtout biting my tongue every two seconds when I think I might say somehting non 'vanilla'
- I love you all on this board you know and It would be great to get to meet some of you. I am beginning to think about putting on an event in the UK next year - not exclusively for this board and its people but to see how many of those in the UK (or who visit here) could come. [part of my job is event organising]

The invitation stands to all of you - if you are ever over in the North of england drop me a line - I'l happily put you up and take you out for coffee/drinks

Back