corsets.... a query

Merelan

Lady's Love
I was just talking to a couple friends about buying a corset. One of them mentioned he had been told that wearing a thin shirt under them made them more comfortable. I wonder why?
He did not know for sure.

Does anyone here know?????

Just a guess...

Seams.

Anything we wear has seams, and corsets more than other things. Seams can cut in to skin, rub it raw, especially something as tight as a corset. Having a buffer helps.

That's my theory, anyway.

Merelan?

Where would you, er we find a place that sells corsets, locally?

Inquiring minds.....

And there is nowhere in the frozen north?

Do a search

Search the internet for "corset" and you'll be surprised at how many places you can order from. There's a place in the UK south of London (Brighton) that is probably the Rolls Royce of custom corset makers and if I ever get back there, they're on my must-do itinerary. But hey, you've got a pretty good selection on the internet and that can hopefully point you in a direction close to home. Good luck!

corsets...

:rose:
Locally... what do you need locally for when you have the internet? Both, Victoria's Secret and Frederick's of Hollywood, are online and sell them. :) It's a starting place.

I would like to try one on, before making a decision.

I am not sure whether my corset should be below the breasts or partially cover the breasts.

*blushing*

I have seven... LOL... okay so I am a bit obsessive about corsets!!! I just love them... they are fun to wear for fun and play... my most favorite corset is one that I got on sale at Fredericks for about 50.00... I love the way my large body looks in it...

I do want to have a custom one made some day...

There are hundreds of lingerie sites... check them out.. and some are just cheaper than others...

Also there was a lingerie thread last year on the how to board that had some great links to discount lingerie...

CarolineO, it is your fault I am buying one! Those links you had were just way to yummy to ignore.
But I am trying them on here in town, then ordering which I want.
I had thought if it was lined and of good quality I shouldn't need anything underneath. But a chance remark had me wondering.
I shall as her, maybe she has super sensitive skin? Hmmm...

Miss Taken, I volunteer to help "fit" you.

me? well, if you don't want my help I am sure Spectre would be more then willing, cause he is a gentleman....

The reason you want to wear something under your corset is two fold:

First, the thin chemise or shirt will absorb sweat and dirt from your body. Before putting on a corset, you should put a nice layer of moisurizing lotion and powder on the skin that will be covered by the corset. You will sweat when you wear the corset and the chemise will keep it cleaner so you don't have to have it cleaned as often. This will make your corset last longer.

Second, a chemise will protect your skin from rope burn when you are being laced up and tightened into the corset. The chemise will also help with "adjusting" your body under the corset while you are being laced into it.

Happy lacing!

edited to change the word corset to chemise

Last edited:
Merelan said:
me? well, if you don't want my help I am sure Spectre would be more then willing, cause he is a gentleman....

Yep. That's me all right. Knight in Tarnished Armor.... :rolleyes: :D

Somewhere along the way I stepped in some nobility, and now I can't shake it. Odd from a descendent of Romans and Irish Vikings.

Thank you Trinka, you are darling. I had not thought of the sweat factor or the burn ones. Geesh.

Do I want one??? yes!

SpectreT said:

Yep. That's me all right. Knight in Tarnished Armor.... :rolleyes: :D

Somewhere along the way I stepped in some nobility, and now I can't shake it. Odd from a descendent of Romans and Irish Vikings.

ST darlin you would look sooo good in armour, especially with that cute expression your AV is wearing
(petrel doesn't have fantasies about days of old when knights were bold - oh no not at all!!!)

Doesn't he look like a knight? And he is a wicked terrible one, determined to have your body for his needs.

Where do I sign up?

Vollers of UK produce corsets and have a web page with online ordering. The have a great range and I'm sure you would find something to suit. :)

Just found the url http://vollerscorset.co.uk

Hope it helps.;)

Last edited:
And of course there's the ever-popular eBay, where I got my first (and only, as yet) corset, and lost my precious, precious one. o( If you ever see anything by Terri King on there, snap it up! The only prob with eBay is that they usually don't accept returns based on poor fitting, only product flaws. I'd actually prefer my corset be a size smaller (she says since she is NOT laced into the confining thing), but it's too late now.

I'm off to cry about "the corset that got away" again.

MissTaken said:
I would like to try one on, before making a decision.

I am not sure whether my corset should be below the breasts or partially cover the breasts.

*blushing*
My personal fav. is having the breasts partially covered or in cups. I have two corsettes like this and I love them. Thankfully my husband/dom is also enjoying them. Mostly because we love to indulge in breast play, and th corsets for me are almost like having my breasts tied down. But for someone who wants to know what they like, I would say experiment. There are so many differet kinds of corsets you have to try them to find what you like.

Which brings me too, does anyone know where I can find full length corsets????

trial play

If you have never even tried on a corset here is a fun suggestion. Go to a rennassaince or medieval fair and rent a costume for the day. The bodice that goes with the costume is compatible to a corset. This is how I knew I just had to have one. *S*

Vollers

I have two corsets-- one from Victoria's Secret and one made by Vollers. (You can see the Victoria's Secret one on my pictures page-- I don't like it very much because it isn't constricting enough, but it seems to be made more for fashion than for serious lacing anyway.) The Vollers corset is incredible. I bought it in Cambridge, MA at a great little shop called Hubba-Hubba. The shop-boy there was so helpful-- he laced me into it and I walked out wearing my purchase. It does not cover my breasts, but I'd like to have one that does. I like to wear mine over a slinky black slip-dress, but it would be nice to have one I could wear on its own. The only problem I have is that because I'm currently unattached I have no one to lace me. I'm learning to lace myself, and it's an exercise in patience and coordination, to be sure.

--Freya

I also looove the corsets at this website--
http://www.versatile-fashions.com/index.html

I can't really afford these gorgeous things, but maybe one day..... I can dream until then, I guess.

Back