Did you play BDSM Barbie?

Kittenwithawhip

Experienced
I have been visiting Lit for about 2 weeks now and have finally decided to ask the question that has been plaguing me for a couple of years. For as long as my daughter has been able to express herself she has been an adrenaline junkie. She loves to be scared and often requests us to “tickle me until I pee”. She also likes to tie stuff up. Everything in our house gets tied up. Her, her dolls, her books, her stuffed toys, I don’t think that she has tied up any friends yet but, she is still only 4 (and barely 4 at that). She is constantly requesting that we get her some string or rope “because I need to tie something”. This is definitely something that she has come to on her own. While she has been exposed to her fair share of ropes, we have rope at home, but, we don’t use it on each other. I was wondering if anyone out there recognizes themselves in her. Did you always play “BDSM Barbie”? I unfortunately am one of those pasty white people commonly referred to as ‘nilla here (although I suspect that I am more chocolate swirl or neapolitan than vanilla when it really comes down to it). I have no real desire to curb this behaviour in her. I guess I’m really just am wondering if this lifestyle (for lack of a better word) found you or if you found it?

Last edited:
My dolls did everything from my earliest memories. They had group sex, they tied each other up, they got into all kinds of unusual positions. I don't really remember understanding why I had my dolls do these things, I just knew it was fun and it felt somehow delightfully naughty. Besides that, it really irritated my brother when I swiped his GI Joe and let him "play" with Ken and the girls. I even used my crayons to draw pubic hair and nipples on the dolls.

I was rather sheltered as a child, and would never have thought of something like group sex when I still had dolls. However, I do remember having abduction and torture fantasies involving both my generic Barbies and--sob--My Little Ponies. Not simultaneously. Whipping and spanking were predominant.

On a different note, I really like how accepting you are about your daughter's potential kink. I hope to someday be as open and nonjudgemental on similar matters when I'm a mother.

Roman barbies?

Desdemona said:
My dolls did everything from my earliest memories. They had group sex, they tied each other up, they got into all kinds of unusual positions.

Yes! I'm not the only one to have had "Roman" barbies (as an old friend of mine put it) Tied up, spanked, whipped, interrogated, orgies, and I didn't have ken dolls, so they were all lesbians (chuckle)

I even used my crayons to draw pubic hair and nipples on the dolls.

Ok, I hadn't remembered this story for quite a while, but when I read that part of your post, I remembered......

So, I was in kindergarten, we were coloring in peanut-people... peanut shapes with faces, arms, and legs...well, I was sent home early and given a hearty lecture after my "peanut-person" aquired breasts and...other...parts. I didn't understand why it was wrong, I mean, I had those things...why couldn't my "peanut-person"

*From the hubby* Blackwolfe-I think it's an art form.

Ok, I think it's great that you aren't going to try to punish her, or stiffle this side of her....she's only 4, who knows, she may decide, when she's old enough, to persue this life...she may not.... I think to some extent, some are born with the "D/s gene" (figuratively speaking), and some are not. Ok, I think I've rambled enough ;)

Kes

BDSM Barbie? Yep, I did that. And I didn't even *like* dolls; the only way I'd play with them was if I could do ...um...unusual things to them. And let's just say I was way into body modification at an early age as well. ;)

It may be a phase or it may be an emerging inclination, but either way--good for you for not punishing her or trying to suppress it. Only time will tell, and there are far worse things than being predisposed to kinkiness. :)

Thank you all for the feedback. It's nice to know that my daughter is not the only child who is/was obsesses with tying stuff up. Maybe I should keep a closer eye on the cat though.

Oh my what memories you have brought back... all those doll with shaved hair... naked... hmmm seems to me I stole my brothers GI Joe and Ken dolls a time or two... I dont remember bondage but I do remember the body modification... piercings before they were popular... oh and there was the pervert sex... LOL... not bondage Barbie... but perverted just the same.

This is an interesting thread, Kitten. I've often wondered if what my kids did were normal kid things, or if they've inherited my kink. LOL

I didn't tie up my dolls, but I would whip them mercilessly with switches and belts, or paddle them with wooden spoons. My son used to beg me to tie him up, and he wanted me to tie him really, really tight so he couldn't escape. He would also beg me to spank him as hard as I could, and the harder I spanked him the more he would laugh, and just ask for more. It would be interesting to hear from other parents to see how common such things are.

I never would have thought of orgies as a child, but I did have some really bizarre sexual torture fantasies.

I dunno about Barbie....

But G.I. Joe managed to get himself into all sorts of trouble. So did Luke, Han and Leia. My own personal involvement in such things didn't develop until I discovered Houdini... From about 6 to 15 I wanted to be a stage magician and an escape artist, so I came up with all kinds of ways to rig myself up and escape. Capture and interrogation stories pretty much popped into my head pretty easily, too. I watched a lot of war movies and spy movies growing up, so that might have had something to do with my imagination, but the core of it was always there.

Nice to see a non-judgemental parent out there, who's concerned enough to try and get some information!

Does anyone remember the Sunshine Family?

Well, my little family did all sorts of naughty things, but now BDSM...

Now, yesterday, I found my six year old son lying on the floor on his tummy while his younger sister was trying to whip him with a belt...at his urging?

Should I be concerned?

LOL There is nothing submissive about my youngest!

While I had to giggle at my own memories of Barbie play, I'm now concerned. If I had BDSM play with my Barbies and later in later discovered my submissive self...what will become of my son who several years ago (around age 2) would pull the heads off his sisters Barbies? :eek:

novel_t said:
...what will become of my son who several years ago (around age 2) would pull the heads off his sisters Barbies? :eek:

While I'm starting to see a connection between barbies, and BDSM/kinky sex...I ripped heads off everything when I was a kid... barbies, GI Joe, strawberry shortcake (but, really, who wouldn't?), and other dolls.

However, I haven't done these things as an adult, to people, while I have practiced BSDM. I also haven't doused anyone with gasoline or hairspray, and set them on fire; drawn and quartered anyone; or set up "crime scenes" which included decapitation/knifing/missing limbs, and liberal amounts of blood (katsup) spilled all over the place.

I don't think ya have anything to worry about.....except perhaps that your son's morbid as hell, and probably has an intense imagination.......or maybe he just did it to piss of his sisters.....(chuckle) [SARCASM] Aren't I comforting? Don't you love me now?[/SARCASM]

Be well, be safe, be happy,

KW

mmmmm BDSm barbie _-my favourite game oh yes I remenmber all kind of predicaments involving captures, struggles for escape, tying up etc etc:
I also indulged (alone or with friends) in lots of acting out fantasies around certian bits of Enid Blyton type stories - the ones set in schools and the bits invloving punishments. My favourite part of Roald Dahls 'boy' was the bit when he got caned I used to read it over and over squeezing my legs together. I had the same reaction about descriptions of certian torture methods. For some reason alot of this (which happened from 2- 12) I forgot or pushed to the back of my head when I got older - I certianly didn't connect it to sex until I 'discovered' adult BDSM I honestly thought that this was just inside my own head and that there wasn't any way you could express or fulfil those type of desires in real life so when I started dating I shoved it all away.
Its only now that I am beginning to realise that I would never have had a satisfactory 'vanilla' relationship given my strong leanings towards BDSM / kink from such an early age.

Personally, I'd recommend that you do some genealogy research for any escape artists before wondering about future sexual inclinations. Those escape artists all seem to die from their hobbies!!!!!! We perverts almost never do.

I am also reminded of the scene in Back to the Future where the mom is talking about how the baby cries every time he is removed from his crib--that he just seems happier when contained behind bars...

OMG! :eek:

I hung my Barbie by the neck outside my bedroom door and then 'accidentally' left her behind the wheels of a parked car in my driveway. I ran over my ninja turtles with the lawn mower and tied my GI Joe to firecrackers.

If this theory that 'What you do with your Barbie = What you do with your Sexual Partner' is correct, I hope I remain a virgin forever.

~~~~~~~~~~ :cool: ~~~~~~~~~~
This post was brought to you by Toy R' Us. We like kids who destroy their toys and then beg for new ones.

Personally, I don't recall tying up any of my action figures. But I do remember playing cops and robbers in a very dark basement. I wanted to be the cop held for ransom by the robber. The robber was a very pretty six year old girl. Hey, I was a perv at a young age. Now of course, the fantasy is of a very pretty thirtyish woman.
In short, I wouldn't worry about a four year old experimenting with her possessions. When it gets to people or animals, then 'I' would say something. (Just my opinion) You might just have a serial crocheter on your hands. Her penchant for tying things up may not be an inclination towards anything.

Thanks for your comments everyone. If my daughter is led down the twisted path of BDSM, I doubt that it will be solely due to the fact that she tied up everything in sight when she was 4. I have however written all this down in her baby book so that there is an early record just in case she is interested.

Last edited:
Kittenwithawhip said:

Are you unduly prejudiced against serial crocheters? What about knitters?

:) Of course knot. They have the coolest needles. All types of things can be accomplished with a bit of yarn and a couple of those foot long aluminum needles. Grin. Good luck with your daughter.
:heart:

Back