Votes: 1 2.1%
  • electrical implements

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • paddles

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters

DustyWolfe

Proud Transman
I'm just wondering what everyone's favorite toys are out there. You can pick more than one if you like.

No surprise here,

My favorites are my strapons and accessories. Yes, I said strapons, cause I have more than one. I have just bought a Nexus, and I bought this neat harness called The Strapper made by Womyns' Ware .

Poor tavish, he is in for the ride of his life, in 20 days.

Ebony

Last edited:
I would appreciate it if someone could describe the different things. For example, what is the difference between an quirt and a crop?

MotorCitySam said:
I would appreciate it if someone could describe the different things. For example, what is the difference between an quirt and a crop?

I do not know what a quirt is. Mainly cause I do not use a lot of whipping toys. I have a paddle, rider's crop, a single tail whip, and a flogger.

A crop is a rider's crop, the same that is used for horses.

Ebony

Sometimes it's just easier to show a picture than it is to discribe with just words

True,
lilred

There is also a big difference in sensation between a quirt and crop. A quirt is stingy and leave heavy whelting whereas a crop is more thuddy.

My favorite all time toy is the quirt, I love the little sideways V's that it leaves

My Tawse is the most wicked toy. I don't know if I'm sadistic enough to explore it fully. I'll post a pic sometime. A spanking bench can be a wonderful toy. When you bend a sub over one, and clip her ankle and wrist restraints to the each corner, she aint going no where. And her pussy is right there at the perfect angle for a standing fuck. Or her ass if you prefer.

But if you are just starting out, invest in a quality flogger. You might pay between 100 and 200 dollars, but they are well worth it. I got lucky and found a craftsman who was just starting his business on ebay and picked up a couple really cheap. One is bison and the other buffalo. If you're male, I'd say go ahead and plan on getting two thuddy ones. It's not difficult to hold two handles in one hand.

Holding a quality crop gives me a hardon. But buy from a tack shop, not a bdsm site.

WriterDom said:
My Tawse is the most wicked toy. I don't know if I'm sadistic enough to explore it fully. I'll post a pic sometime. A spanking bench can be a wonderful toy. When you bend a sub over one, and clip her ankle and wrist restraints to the each corner, she aint going no where. And her pussy is right there at the perfect angle for a standing fuck. Or her ass if you prefer.

But if you are just starting out, invest in a quality flogger. You might pay between 100 and 200 dollars, but they are well worth it. I got lucky and found a craftsman who was just starting his business on ebay and picked up a couple really cheap. One is bison and the other buffalo. If you're male, I'd say go ahead and plan on getting two thuddy ones. It's not difficult to hold two handles in one hand.

Holding a quality crop gives me a hardon. But buy from a tack shop, not a bdsm site.

Um umm... Master Perry makes excellent floggers and even sells do it yourself flogger kits.. here is the link Master Leather Works
I've seen his work first hand and the floggers are so awesome, as you rotate your wrist around the flogger flips itself for you. VERYYYYY cool. Nice and heavy... mmmm
His are some of the best floggers I have seen. He uses a flogger in each hand and it is awesome to watch him.

To use, I prefer floggers because of their great versatility. I have some proficiency with a single tail whip, but I don't get into using it as much. I like the physical effort of flogging.
To be used on me, I like something a little stingier, like paddles and slappers.
And I am jealous of Ms. Ebony's tavish!

(edited cause I was being bad... verrrrry bad) lol... go figure... A subbie being naughty? never

Last edited:
MotorCitySam said:

I'm not sure if I should be thrilled or terrified that you asked that question.;)

Floggers
Whips
Crop
slapper
paddles

The above are my choices from your list.

It's obvious, perhaps, that i like sensation play. I like toys that leave marks. Like WD, i have a tawse, a very nasty toy indeed, and one of the few that that can actually break the skin with fairly minimal effort on the part of the dominant. My play partner has a really lovely singletail. Last time i was there he showed me how to judge thier quality based on how balanced they are - and his is well balanced.

For my money, though - and we've discussed this before (http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=71103) - the single best toy is a flogger. They are so deliciously flexible. There are so many ways to use them and such different experiences to be had on the business end of a good flogger.
:cool:

I would have to pick my new flogger :heart: It is my absolute favorite! (as of now that is);)

My question is though, under which heading would a leather belt or leash go under?

~ltlwitch~

ltlwitch said:
I would have to pick my new flogger :heart: It is my absolute favorite! (as of now that is);)

My question is though, under which heading would a leather belt or leash go under?

~ltlwitch~

I intended to put slapper/strap... those would go in that category I would think

Floggers & wax. There are lots of good toys out there, but those are tops for me, every time.

I believe we have about a 50% consensus thumbs-up on the floggers, guys, with about a third also giving another (or two more or three more) nods to crops, wax, and paddles.

In last place, not suprisingly, are the largely overlooked, misunderstood, and downright feared needles. Who voted for them i wonder? Not me, boys and girls, not me. As i've said over and over, my foray into extreme needle play was a function of that particular relationship and may not be a place i go again with others. So, who's the sharps freak among us, hmmm?
;)

Actually, I am afraid of sharp things. I have a phobia against knives and needles. But, I was glad to see my favorite toy in the list. It seems I am among just a few that like electroplay. Well, that is OK. I understand there are phobias against that, too.

And, like many of the toys out there, electroplay is for the educated. Don't just go out there and get something and think you are going to have fun. I won't go into detail here, but above the waist is bad for electroplay, unless you have the proper devices and the experience to know what to do.

I prefer the violet wand, because it is not only shocking fun, but also visual fun. It creates static electricity, which is the safest form of electrical current. And, it is very versatile, with all of the attachments and a little user imagination. The sensations are anything from a tickle to a feeling of a sharp bee sting. It can also produce a feeling of being spanked with the proper attachments. And, It can be the starter for fire play, because there is actually a visual spark produced.

Personally, not into fire play, but I know it is not uncommon. And, with a pinpoint tool like a dental pick, branding is even possible with the violet wand. You could sign your name on your subbie's ass. No, I am not into that, either. There are extremes out there, folks.

Well, I have bored you all long enough. But, it was nice to see my kink included in the list. I was sure it wouldn't be there.

cymbidia said:

In last place, not suprisingly, are the largely overlooked, misunderstood, and downright feared needles. Who voted for them i wonder? Not me, boys and girls, not me. As i've said over and over, my foray into extreme needle play was a function of that particular relationship and may not be a place i go again with others. So, who's the sharps freak among us, hmmm?
;)

Wasn't me. Poor girl would be tied up and I'd be passed out on the floor. I do have a couple of swords. Anyone into sword play?

I think the reason that floggers are so popular is that they are versatile. One flogger can produce sensations ranging from soft and sensual to hard and stingy. I have a wonderful flogger like the one posted in the link for Master Leather Works. The falls are pointy... It feels wonderful when it is lightly drug over my body, then when flogging it produces a very nice thuddy sensation that is much like a hard massage. It can also be stingy due to the pointed tips when used for tipping.

Floggers are really one of the best toys you can get for your money. I have 5 different types of floggers, each used for different purposes, two of which will leave marks... (those are homemade).

Back