Sub Space

Snazzona

Virgin
Hi. The term *Sub Space* is one I keep hearing. Can you tell me:

1] Is there such a thing?
2] If yes, what does it mean?
3] Is it a good or bad thing?
4] Does it apply to a sub's mental outlook?

Wiser heads than mine shall answer you as soon as they can. I will, however, try to explain 'sub space' I understand it. (I'm not a sub)

Yes, sub space is a good thing, perhaps even a natural thing for a sub. It's a mental place sub goes to when they're being dominated. In sports people will often talk about 'the zone' or 'the sweet spot', it's when all your barriers come down and the outside world fades into the background and you're just – there. From what I know many subs feel elated or heightened when they're in sub space, but afterwards it can be difficult coming down.

That's how I understand it. (I know, I know, 'Being in sub space is like being a drugged athlete in the zone isn't the best metaphor.') I hope that helps. Others will be along to add to or comment on what I said.

~~~~~~~~~~ :cool: ~~~~~~~~~~
*sets down my 2# pencil and waits for cym to pick up my test*

Snazzona said:
Hi. The term *Sub Space* is one I keep hearing. Can you tell me:

1] Is there such a thing?
2] If yes, what does it mean?
3] Is it a good or bad thing?
4] Does it apply to a sub's mental outlook?

I wish I could work out how to post links to other posts in the forum. *sigh*

Snazz ... there have been a few threads on this subject. Sub space most certainly exists! I don't think I have the experience to do it justice though.

You go, Willow!!

Thanks, Never. You did a fine job of explaining sub space.

There are times I am not even aware that I am there until it is over. I lose track of all time. I drool (LOL). I am always thirsty when I come out of that space. I am not certain why that is.

I think venturing into sub space is a dissociative process. While I am aware of my surrounds, I am at the same time dissociated from them.

I hope this helps.

Snazz, you are very welcome.

I have just re-read what I put in my first post to this thread, and realise it was misleading.

I have experienced sub-space, but ... I don't think I am experienced enough to do it justice. It's extremely hard to describe. To me its when I am so focused on what is happening that everything else fades away, but at the same time can become crystal clear. I described it once to Robuck as being on the outside of myself, looking in.

Now that has probably confused you even more.

Last edited:
Back