Traveling with Toys

Ebonyfire

Ball Stretcher
Well, I just returned from a trip to the UK, and I packed lots of toys. I had to go through customs in Montreal and London. I packed some in both pieces of luggage, and customs showed no interest in their contents.

So, I would advise anyone who is aprehensive about travelling with BDSM toys to not worry. Just pack check them in your checked baggage, and you should have no problems. I had a flogger, a rider's crop and a single tail, inside my bags, among other things.

It looks like the only risk I ran was having the bags over the weight limit!

We have discussed this topic before, but I wonder if there are others who have any horror or embarrassing stories about travelling with toys?

Ebony < Back on the Block>

Welcome home, Eb.
Got an accent yet?
Going back anytime soon?
So, uh, do much sightseeing while you were there?
:D

Yup ... I just returned from a flight. While gone, I bought for the wife was a Butterfly Toy, a Leash (Rather Harmless Looking) and furry handcuffs.

No one checked though

Happy to see some of MY-Sir's- and my questions about customs and toys addressed. This was one quandry we have discussed with my impending trip to visit HIM. Really appreciate the info, and will go ahead with plans to take the "Toy Box", along. As I told MY-Sir-, IF,,,,,my bags ARE searched and the toys found, what are they gonna do; put me on a plane back to the States???
:p

I don't give a feck, I'm not terrorist posing any threats to anyone, except myself maybe!:eek:

Pursue not the outer entanglements,
Dwell not in the inner void;
Be serene in the oneness of things,
And....Dualism vanishes by itself.
:heart:
:rose:

HE, HE, HE!!!!!

cymbidia said:
[/B]Welcome home, Eb.
Got an accent yet?

Not yet, but I am working at it!

Going back anytime soon?

As soon as I can find a job.

So, uh, do much sightseeing while you were there?

:D

A little, but I was kinda busy!

Eb

Welcome back, Ebony.
I've had my toy bags searched more than once, and it's no big deal. Those people have seen it all.

The last time i flew (last month) i had a shit-load of enema-related stuff (~snicker snicker~ pun intended - couldn't resist!) at the bottom of my carry-on. Since i had a magic ticket, i was hauled out of the line to be more thoroughly checked when plane-boarding time came.

The checking process included removing my shoes so they could look inside them, and at the bottom of my feet. It included a very polite and non-perfunctory physical pat down. It also included a right-out-in-the-open search of my carry-on bag. They emptied it out. Yes, everything.

The people doing those searches have doubtless seen a bunch of rather personal stuff come out of carry-ons, it's true. They may also be trained to be non-judgmental about what they come across. However, they were surprised at my enema-related accoutrements. Maybe a little shocked. Maybe a little titillated. I don't know. I refuse - simply fucking refuse - to be made to feel at all bad about stuff like that.

In any case, there it all was, out in the open, on the table, big as life - a gallon enema bag, hose, several nozzles, lube, and a few packets of castille soap. I gazed at them both impassively, daring them in my soul to make one fucking off remark. However, one of them dropped his eyes and went red, poor kid. The more mature woman simply looked it all over and then shoved it back in my bag - enema stuff, water bottle, books, wallet, car keys (for my car waiting so patiently in San Francisco), and all the rest.

I slid back into my shoes, gathered my things, and turned to leave, to board the plane. The others from the plane we waiting in line behind me. I flashed them all a big warm smile and got on the plane.

No one ever hassles me about that kinda stuff and it's all in the 'tude, boys and girls and bois. We have every right in the world to carry our toys with us as long as they aren't weapon-type toys like knives or guns. Walk tall and center yourself on that knowledge. We have every right to be who we are. We have nothing to be ashamed of in the free and consensual exercise of our sexuality with others who are like us.

Don't ever ever ever let anyone make you feel small about being who you are as a sexual person. Never do that. We're all diminished if any of us allows that to happen.

Last edited:
Gee...now i want to try it

i'd like to do something that would really shock those inspectors. y'Know? Make 'em reach for their heart pills or run to the bathroom with their hand over their mouth.

i'll probably never get the chance, but that'd be cool. i guess it's 'cause i'm an adopted member of the Addams Family.

Welcome home, sis.:kiss:
Thanks for the public service announcement!

Blue

Glad you had a safe trip Ebony.

(Did you have to take the sun back with you??? Can you send a bit back ... just a little?)

Hope it will not be too long before you and tavish are back together again.

thanks, WillowPuss

WillowPuss said:
Glad you had a safe trip Ebony.

(Did you have to take the sun back with you??? Can you send a bit back ... just a little?)

Hope it will not be too long before you and tavish are back together again.

I am jobhunting, so I can get back and stay permanently.

It rained cats and dogs on the day I left! And when I got to NY it had rained cats and dogs there, and air traffic was backed up and my return flight was 4 hours late!

Eb

traveling with toys

Greetings all!....Haven't been posting for a bit bit thought I'd share this experience. Just got back from Canada where they are taking this security stuff very seriously!(okay, maybe because it was the 7/4 week/end). Had the thrill of being singled out twice for the security check...once at the Xray unit and the before boarding! Even had the physical "pat-down" at both sites which was a bit un-nerving as I had been dressed to travel light--sans bra and panties, in a short dress and heels. My carry-on was "dumped" on the exam table....He had packed it with my blindfold (just adorable with my name on it!)toys,creams,slapper and jewelery clamps. As a 6', very pale, natural redhead---well, just imagine my blushing and His enjoyment! Oh yeah, He crossed the security site next, tossing the butterfly/remote into the basket with His keys and wallet and clearly said....now, aren't you glad I didn't "ask" you to wear this!....smiling! I was a marvelous good girl all week/end!

Be well all!

Well said cym!

cymbidia said:
The last time i flew (last month) i had a shit-load of enema-related stuff (~snicker snicker~ pun intended - couldn't resist!) at the bottom of my carry-on. Since i had a magic ticket, i was hauled out of the line to be more thoroughly checked when plane-boarding time came.

The checking process included removing my shoes so they could look inside them, and at the bottom of my feet. It included a very polite and non-perfunctory physical pat down. It also included a right-out-in-the-open search of my carry-on bag. They emptied it out. Yes, everything.

The people doing those searches have doubtless seen a bunch of rather personal stuff come out of carry-ons, it's true. They may also be trained to be non-judgmental about what they come across. However, they were surprised at my enema-related accoutrements. Maybe a little shocked. Maybe a little titillated. I don't know. I refuse - simply fucking refuse - to be made to feel at all bad about stuff like that.

In any case, there it all was, out in the open, on the table, big as life - a gallon enema bag, hose, several nozzles, lube, and a few packets of castille soap. I gazed at them both impassively, daring them in my soul to make one fucking off remark. However, one of them dropped his eyes and went red, poor kid. The more mature woman simply looked it all over and then shoved it back in my bag - enema stuff, water bottle, books, wallet, car keys (for my car waiting so patiently in San Francisco), and all the rest.

I slid back into my shoes, gathered my things, and turned to leave, to board the plane. The others from the plane we waiting in line behind me. I flashed them all a big warm smile and got on the plane.

No one ever hassles me about that kinda stuff and it's all in the 'tude, boys and girls and bois. We have every right in the world to carry our toys with us as long as they aren't weapon-type toys like knives or guns. Walk tall and center yourself on that knowledge. We have every right to be who we are. We have nothing to be ashamed of in the free and consensual exercise of our sexuality with others who are like us.

Don't ever ever ever let anyone make you feel small about being who you are as a sexual person. Never do that. We're all diminished if any of us allows that to happen.

Your post was brilliant! <Uk- isms are sneaking into my speech!>

Re: traveling with toys

joi said:
Greetings all!....Haven't been posting for a bit bit thought I'd share this experience. Just got back from Canada where they are taking this security stuff very seriously!(okay, maybe because it was the 7/4 week/end). Had the thrill of being singled out twice for the security check...once at the Xray unit and the before boarding! Even had the physical "pat-down" at both sites which was a bit un-nerving as I had been dressed to travel light--sans bra and panties, in a short dress and heels. My carry-on was "dumped" on the exam table....He had packed it with my blindfold (just adorable with my name on it!)toys,creams,slapper and jewelery clamps. As a 6', very pale, natural redhead---well, just imagine my blushing and His enjoyment! Oh yeah, He crossed the security site next, tossing the butterfly/remote into the basket with His keys and wallet and clearly said....now, aren't you glad I didn't "ask" you to wear this!....smiling! I was a marvelous good girl all week/end!

Be well all!

Nothing like that ever happens to me. Some people have all the fun! hehehe!!!

Ebony

Considering the upcoming Lit-together up north, and the fact that some of us are traveling from the far corners of the earth *grin*, I thought this deserved a....

*bump*

Anyone have any experiences to relate regarding recent travel with sharps? Obviously they can't go in carry-on baggage, but I'm curious about your experiences checking them.

~anelize

edited cause i can't collect my damn thoughts this morning LOL

Last edited:
AnelizeDarkEyes said:
Considering the upcoming Lit-together up north, and the fact that some of us are traveling from the far corners of the earth *grin*, I thought this deserved a....

*bump*

Anyone have any experiences to relate regarding recent travel with sharps? Obviously they can't go in carry-on baggage, but I'm curious about your experiences checking them.

~anelize

edited cause i can't collect my damn thoughts this morning LOL

Someone's bringing toys? :D

I have been "taken apart" so many times by airport security that I am hesitant about even packing anything in my checked baggage...My luck of the draw, I guess.

navarre said:
Someone's bringing toys? :D

I have been "taken apart" so many times by airport security that I am hesitant about even packing anything in my checked baggage...My luck of the draw, I guess.

We are in an LDR. This is one of those occasions when we get to see each other. You're goddamn right we're bringing toys :D

Airport security be damned. LOL.

~anelize

wow, i'm super late on this thread, but i wanted to welcome you back, Eb! we might be flatmates someday, i have big plans to move to the UK at some point! ^_^

I've mentioned both the pre-9-11 incident where my bag was opened & I got propositioned & my more recent one taking my knives in a checked bag before....
The only thing that was REALLY a problem was that I had the knives in a checked bag with a lock on it, and said bag also contained my shaver
The shaver went off in my bag after they'd X-rayed it, so someone cut the lock off to see what was making the thing vibrate
they took out the batteries & left a note but I am lucky all of my knives were left alone when this happened
Moral: If it buzzes, vibrates, or makes noise, REMOVE the batteries

they took apart all my bags when i went to japan, even the checked ones. when i arrived, i found my lock had been broken, my stuff had been rifled through, and a happy little note had been placed on my panties saying "hi, we went through your belongings, hope you're not mad!". i wasn't, but a friend of mine who had brought a present which they'd unwrapped was kinda pissed.

you're lucky your knives were left untouched!

I have to agree with James' recommendation -- remove batteries! A little over a year ago, a woman at Auckland airport had her luggage blown up on the tarmac by security, because her vibrator went off.

Other than that, pull all the incriminating stuff in your checked luggage, not your carry on.

bunny bondage said:
they took apart all my bags when i went to japan, even the checked ones. when i arrived, i found my lock had been broken, my stuff had been rifled through, and a happy little note had been placed on my panties saying "hi, we went through your belongings, hope you're not mad!". i wasn't, but a friend of mine who had brought a present which they'd unwrapped was kinda pissed.

you're lucky your knives were left untouched!

I certainly am!
They're all safe in case I ever meet you :devil:

Back