The Bondage Thread Q&A

petrel

Literotica Guru
What do we all like to use (or have used on us) for bondage - everything from tying your/their hands to the bedposts to elaborate japanese style work.

Also experiences and tips please

I'll start:
I love rough sash cord / hessian rope for my wrists - not my ankles as I find they are far more susceptable to rubbing and discomfort
Actually I'm not keen on having my ankles tied at all because it really limits the angles for penetration - maybe we need to experiment with legs - above the knees - does this work?
Bondage tape makes a brilliant blindfold - it comes off easily and I like the way I sweat slightly underneath it - keeps my eyes clean and moist. I dislike cloth gags and blindfold because of dryness and potentially irritating fibres.

Tape can also be easily wound over your ears at the same time and so create a small or large amount of sensory deprivation.

I would like to experiment with clingfilm - has anyone tried this for full body wrapping?

and one last question for discussion - arms - I have a very dicky shoulder and so have to be careful when my arms are tied not to get into painful cramp and do muscle damage - what kind of arm positions can people suggest to help prevent this?

(edited for spelling)

Last edited:
I've had little experience in bondage.

I do have a set of padded velcro ankle and wrist bindings which have nylon straps which can be shortened and lengthened depending on the position needed.

I find that they're ideal for someone with limited experience of d/s because they can be released quickly and are relatively comfortable.

Handcuffs are a no no for me. I tried a pair out on myself once, and I find them far too uncomfortable and unyieldy, unless that's just me. Plus there's always the danger of losing the key.

I think you could use handcuffs as long as there is a spare key taped somewhere in the room (- and I know it may be contrary to creating the right sensation in your sub but telling them where it is in case you keel over is a good idea!!)

petrel said:
What do we all like to use (or have used on us) for bondage - everything from tying your/their hands to the bedposts to elaborate japanese style work.

Also experiences and tips please

I would like to experiment with clingfilm - has anyone tried this for full body wrapping?

(edited for spelling)
Yes, petrel, i have had the full body clingfilm aka "saran wrap" and absolutely, totally LOVED it!!!! i couldn't believe how much it padded the smacks that my Dom was giving me... when he took it off about 20 mins later (seeing how it was 90 outside, and no a/c here), my ass was purple, and i didn't feel a thing!!! mmmm, was a very good experience, and one i would encourage everyone to try.... i know i will be trying it again, soon... hopefully.....:p

Doms View

I will put my two cents into this one. From a doms point of view I like to make my own restraints.I prefer restraints that go on and off fast and are comfortable for her to wear. My favorite for ankles and wrists are those dog collar plastic fasteners, same type as used on life jackets, life jackets are fun too, but they are so easy to open and close, just squeeze the buckle top and bottom and they pop open, they have worked perfect for me. Saran (clear plastic wrap) is wonderul for body wrapping. So comfortable to wear, so restraining, so see through and when play is over just remove with scissors or a gut hook knife and in seconds you can crash and relax together. I just find that after a scene or during a scene, the last thing I want is to be playing with a little wee key, trying to get uncomfortable cuffs off. I like to just rip and drop to the bed together. so VELCRO....PUSH BUCKLES.....DOG SNAPS......SARAN are the order of the day for me. Works out well as this is also the safest way to play. I used to use rope and handcuffs, but who wants to untie reams of rope after a scene, it is just a let down to me. If I want rope for texture, I will line cuffs and belts with rope, but still have the quick snap features. Thats this Doms view anyway.

hmmmm..

cling film. sweated like a beast underneath it but that was kind of nice, and my body looked kind of cool wrapped in it! it makes a really menacing noise when it's wrapped round too, and the tube is handy for a few thwacks.

i like climbing rope, my skins really pale so blue works for me, ive got to stop being obsessed with colour!. i also like gaffa tape cos it hurts a little bit when it comes off :eek:

ive got some black webbing straps with clips and d rings on too (from a bondage t shirt my ex used to wear clubbing) which i use on the rare (but enjoyable occasion) that I domme.

for wrist and ankle restraints - old nylon stockings with a slip knot. They tighten as you strain against them and loosen easily when you aren't. Secure and reasonably comfortable.

for lashing private parts - yarn. It comes in all kinds of thicknesses and colors and bites into the skin a bit, providing a nasty little burn as it comes off.

I like my soft latigo wide leather restraints. Since the buckling part is attached to the top of what actually touches her skin, they are very comfortable, yet, very secure. They each have 2 D rings, and with quick snapping metal clips, can be used as cuffs, or wrist to ankles, to spreader bars, vertical bondage (not suspension), or the classic to the bed post bondage. They also came with a matching leather X hog-tie device.

I never was into rope bondage, but recently have been wanting to learn more about it. I'll need a patient sub for that. It's been a long time since I was in the Boy Scouts. I don't think I could tie a bowline knot now.

I prefer leather cuffs with multiple "O" or "D" rings, connected to the bed, chair, whatever with padlocks and 3/4" chain. In a pinch, handcuffs are fine, though tougher to keep on for very long without discomfort and/or significant marks.

Sorry, but I don't know what's best for your shoulder. Only you and your physician know what kinds of movement are most risky; use that as a starting place to figure out what works for you.

RisiaSkye said:

Sorry, but I don't know what's best for your shoulder. Only you and your physician know what kinds of movement are most risky; use that as a starting place to figure out what works for you.

mmmm now that would mean I'd have to have a sympathetic GP - oh well I'm sure I can make something up - how about 'I do still ife modelling and I'm unsure of what positions I can hold' If I take that to my Reflexologist she might be able to help

handcuffs

my simple answer to the handcuffs issue has just been to get children's toy handcuffs. (cops and robbers stuff). they have release latches that can be reached even while you're in them. as a sub wearing them it's easy to forget about the "safety" feature, except for the knowledge in the back of your mind that it's alright. i don't even bother keeping the keys for them, they're useless little things.

i know we could stick to bondage cuffs and such which are more comfortable, but sometimes cruel metal handcuffs are simply more fitting for us. i also don't close them tight enough to prevent my sub from moving her wrists around in them, just tight enough she certainly can't slip her wrists out. they bite and hurt only when you struggle that way.

last? does anything else make such a delicious sound as you're getting it ready for a bllindfolded sub? i hear the most delightful wimpers as the handcuffs clack together, and the ratchetting sound as i put them on her. mmmmm....

We are still waiting for the leather ankle and wrist cuffs we ordered to arrive.

Right now, we use an assortment of dog collars we got from a pet supermarket.

We also have some lengths of chain that we bought from B&Q.
And rope from same shop.

For anchor points, we have small brass door/drawer handles attached to the floor, just under the bed.

We have aslo used long silky scarves.

(Good luck with the shoulder problem)

I use cuffs mostly, I can do some knots, but I dont have the patience to do good bondage, and I come from the do it right or dont do it at all school.
As for film wrap, thats a lot of fun to use, although you can make a person get too hot, I cant rememebrt the word for it, hypothermic?
If you go to UHaul or somewhere like that, where they sell moving supplies, you can get big rolls of filmwrap on handles which arw much easier to use than the stuff you get in the store. However! At Christmas time the stores will have green and red and gold film which you should stock up on, because then you can get nice and pretty and creative.

You read my mind, Mz

As soon as I read cling film, I thought, "and that comes in colors, too." I haven't tried that before, though; I will have to when the next opportunity presents itself.

And I like to use nylon stockings or long scarves, and will also use whatever is handy on the clothes my sub is wearing (for instance, pulling long jumper sleeves over her hands and knotting them together, or pulling out shoelaces to tie her wrists.) When my sub is wearing a costume, there are other possibilites (by design, usually).

WillowPuss said:

For anchor points, we have small brass door/drawer handles attached to the floor, just under the bed.

Aha, i've been trying to figure out anchor points with a water bed that would work and be hidden at other times. I think you just gave me a workable solution. Thanks.

petrel said:

mmmm now that would mean I'd have to have a sympathetic GP - oh well I'm sure I can make something up - how about 'I do still ife modelling and I'm unsure of what positions I can hold' If I take that to my Reflexologist she might be able to help
That sounds like a pretty plausible cover story to me, petrel. I'd give it a shot if I were you--get *some* kind of medical opinion.

i own several pairs of velcro cuffs and also a bed restraint system for them. the straps have diferent places to connect the cuffs to. i am looking to buy a collar restraint that connects the arms and legs.

This is a great learning and sharing ideas thread!

WillowPuss said:

Right now, we use an assortment of dog collars we got from a pet supermarket.

We also have some lengths of chain that we bought from B&Q.
And rope from same shop.

We have aslo used long silky scarves.

We also use the dog collars for wrist and ankle cuffs right now. We don't have any chain yet, but do have rope bought in the sewing section. Its cotton rope piping usually used for the stuffing of the piping around decorative pillows and such. Comes in lengths of up to 10 yards.

Anchor points have been an issue for us as well...we have a waterbed. Thanks Willow....I think you just solved that one for us. :D

dixi

I've got a set of four old, well-used lather/suede cuffs with locking hasps and multiple D-rings that have proven to be worth the money i paid for them many times over.

Beyond that, metal handcuffs are on my "gee, i don't think so!" list because i bruise easily. While that's thrilling in some places, at some times, it's not so good when the bruises are around your wrists, you know? I've tried wrapping towelling around my wrists to absorb the sharpness of the cuffs but the towelling slips.

However, there's something newish i'd try, i guess, and i use this stuff more and more often for other bondage reasons, too. you know that medical bandage wrap stuff? It's colorful and it clings to itself? It's **wonderful** for bondage play. It can go round eyes for an instant vlindfold and never get stuck to your hair - and comes off in a flash. It can be wound round arms and hands; stronger then it looks, it does a fine job of holding a person immobile.

I don't much like rope to be honest. I've sat and sat and sat for what seems like hours a few times while someone who was very into the whole rope bondage things wound it around my body, each coil going just right, winding and winding and winding. At the end, it looked cool but i was, well, ready to move onto something else, you know? Rope is good for tying one in place but i just don't get the whole intricate rope bondage thing. Then again, i don't do that whole "Serving as Art" thing really well, anyway.

Cling film can be fun, though. It doesn't have to go on in any special way and it comes off easily...and with a knife, sometimes. Ohhhh. I really liked the few times someone cut it off me with a knife. I loved the really tight bondage aspect of the flim around me, too, though it's damn hot in there, as others have noted. Just pass some water our way on occasion and all will be well.

I like hog ties.
Really.
Oddly.
One is so extremely helpless, so totally exposed, when hogtied.
I had one, once upon a time, but the streses on hogties can be extreme and mine, well, broke. I've just purchased another from a vendor at Fetish Auctioneers (among other things).

Y'all might want to go have a look at FA, if you haven't been there yet. There are some great deals on all this kinda stuff over there right now since eBay closed the auctions of all those who have the words "BDSM" in thier write-up. Fa is going to come out of this as the premier kink auction site around - and there are a bunch of really good deals on good stuff to be had over there at the moment.

I've found that if you don't see *quite* what you want, writing to the vendor and asking will usually produce a quick and favorable reply, too. I've had very amiabe, professional, and positive encounters with several vendos from there in the last week or so. I like the place.
:cool:

<snip> However, there's something newish i'd try, i guess, and i use this stuff more and more often for other bondage reasons, too. you know that medical bandage wrap stuff? It's colorful and it clings to itself? It's **wonderful** for bondage play. It can go round eyes for an instant vlindfold and never get stuck to your hair - and comes off in a flash. It can be wound round arms and hands; stronger then it looks, it does a fine job of holding a person immobile. <snip>

Not newish, actually i have used it for years, it's vetrap. it is used for horses mostly, but they do use it with other animals too.

if you go to a feed store you can get it for like $2 a roll, and it last a long time, there is also a special cleaning agent you can get for it. each roll is 2" wide and will stretch to 5' in length

can you tell i have a family member that manages a feed store

:D so i get all mine in the colors i want ordered straight from the company

You know what, lilred?

Over at FA, there's only one person selling that stretchy wrap stuff, and it's our very own Lady C. Here's the link: http://www.fetishauctioneer.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi?category=category08&item=1027624113

If you can get this at wholesale prices, i'd bet you could make some money on this stuff. I've looked at it in stores, too, like drug stores, and passed it buy cuz it's just way too expensive from those places.

i'm telling you go to an animal feed store and you can get it cheap, just don't tell them what your doing with it LOL.

My cousin runs the feed store where i get mine and she is the 1 that does the ordering for me. The first time i told her i needed some vetrap she was like "for what you don't own a horse, did 1 of the dogs get hurt?" i told her not to ask questions that she truely didn't want to know the answers to, but she kept asking so i told her "bondage what else would i want it for?" she about swallowed her tongue. Now everyone that comes in the store and buys vetrap gets a giggle and "what kind of horse do you have?" from her and if they don't answer fast enough she knows what the rap is really for :D and of course she thinks i know each and every person that does any form of bondage within a 200 mile range, so she calls me and tells me what colors and how much they bought :rolleyes:

but i will say now that she knows what i am up to, when new neat stuff comes in she will let me know. plus she can order just about anything that has to do with animals even if it's not carried in the store regularly

edited to say : There are 2 of our own selling at FA, Lady C who i just won 4 items from the other nite, and 1 other that i just won a nasty little toy from today :D. I have gotten 2 floggers and a paddle from there that i am very pleased with, and right now i am waiting on 7 items that i have won there in the past 2 days, so far i have been quite happy with with the site and the sellers i have dealt with, all of them have been very friendly and glad to help or answer any questions i have had.

Last edited:
i really like rope. Cuffs always seem to somehow get in an uncomfortable position. And, i've always wanted to try some of the more intricate rope bondage, but after reading cym's post i wonder if i might not get bored with it. We usually play at late at night because we have kids, and if i get too bored i might go to sleep. i don't think that would go over to well.

lasavane

Back