Homemade ...

SexySusan

Really Experienced
I feel really funny posting this after ebonyfire's sad good bye. My request is far more profane.

A few years ago, I had my hair cut short. I kept a long tail of my straight, blond hair after that (about 12 inch/30 cm). I want to use it for a flogger. Therefore I need to attach a handle of some sort. Where can I find information on how to accomplish that? Has anyone tried something similar before? :confused:

I would be very happy about any hints and tips.

Thank you so very much.

Susan.

I see several possibilities floating in my head, just hard to say if it would work or not.

you might try using tape to secure the hair to a length of dowel, then wrapping the dowel in some leather or leather look strips of material.

My only thought is if the hair would stay in place or not.

I say give it a try, what have you got to lose....good luck!

:)

I would try this, don't know if it will work but it sounds like it may.

lay the hair flat so that you can roll a dowel over it, make sure the row of hair is as long as the dowel is around.

take a wooden dowel (for the handle), put 1 inch of glue at the 1 end about ½ an inch from the end, row the dowel (glue end) over the hair (acouple times) attaching as much hair as you can, let it dry. if you have hair left over repeat the glue and roll until hair all hair is attached. let it dry, make sure it is dry before going to next step

dip handle (bare end first) into tool dip or liquid latex, make sure it goes about an inch over hair - but not further than the length of dowel. let dry

put some glue in a paper cup, take heavy string or twine, and place and wrap it around the dry hair, making sure the coils touch to cover all the hair, when you reach the top of the hair widen the coils out so that they look like a snake going up the rest of the dowel (creating a grip) when you reach the top cut the string 6 inch longer then what it took to make the wrapped handle.
place the cut string in the cup with the glue, make sure it is totally covered with glue, repeat the wrapping process sqeezing extra glue off string as you remove it from the cup to remove extra glue. when handle is wrapped to your liking let it dry TOTALLY overnite (24 hours would be better)

when it is totally dry dip the wrapped handle back into the latex dip, i would do this at least 4-6 time following direction on the can.

good luck,
lilred

heres how

Much like putting new hair on a violin bow. The hair is tyed on one end with string , then you dip this in epoxy, this seals the end about 1/2 " joining all the hairs neatly in one mass. now make a handle, wood is fine , drill a recess large enough to acomodate the now dired hair, put 5 min epoxy in the handl recess, place your bundled hair in the glued recess to dry, That is how I would do
it,.

(
---------------------------------

Thats a totally cool idea, If you get it made will you let us know how it works out?

thank you all ...

... those are great ideas. Excellent help. Merci beaucoup mille fois.

I will let you know how it worked out (once I've found a dictionary to translate all the technical terms - it's really stupid to be German sometimes. And a blond girl :) ).

I've already tried the tail alone (just held together by an old scrunchie). It's really soft, and nice, and sexy ... and has a nasty sting. Ever had a girl with long hair stand in line just before you? Then she slaps her hair across your face because she turns her head too quickly... Ouch. I really doubt one can cause serious damage with it though. We'll see about that ... :)

Thank you all once more, especially lilred. Your solution shows a lot of professionalism (I have no idea what a dowel is, or a coil, but I will find out). All of you always provide sterling help here on this board.

Susan

Re: thank you all ...

SexySusan said:
<snip> (I have no idea what a dowel is, or a coil, but I will find out).

Susan

Let us see if this helps clear up the questions....

A dowel is a smooth, round wooden stick, usually used in arts and crafts type projects.

Here is a picture of some dowels in various sizes....

Another definition....

A coil is what results from the wrapping of the string around the project.

Here a picture representing what a coil might look like....

thread is coiled on a spool

a snake coils

coils of wire

Last edited:
Back