Dictionary

Daddyslilpet

Marked And Owned
Ok gang....here's an idea that I've swiped from SexySusan. In the striving to find a place thread SS said the following...

I would have loved a "dictionary" to look up "troll", "av", "*BUMP*" and a dozen other terms I can't think of right now.

So here's what I suggest...Let's build a dictionary of terms. They can be Lit specific or if you have a term you'd like to know what it means that is BDSM related ask here. ANYONE that knows the term please help us out with a clear definition.

Ok Let's start....

BUMP

this is posting to a thread to move it to the first page or close to the top of the list so that others may see it more quickly and post or glean information from that particular thread.

Alright.....now someone else take another one please.

dixi

Av

Would be an Avatar which you get to choose once you get to 100 posts it has to be 150 by 150 bytes for it to work correctly and you upload using the Control Panel.

You can find Av's in on many many sites.

Troll - This is a person or persons that come in, usually unregistered. They generally say nasty things and try to stir up trouble.

Unreg - is an abreviation for unregistered (just in case someone wanted to know that).

We also need some BDSM terms in here.....anyone.....I'm still learning those myself...lol

dixi

BDSM: Bondage Discipline Sadism Masochism.

Additionally, the middle two letters, DS, are always taken to mean Dominance and Submission, often abbreviated D/s.

A few terms that comes to my mind

Dom/Domme (Dominatrix/Mistress): A person who takes the Dominant role. A Domme is a woman, and A Dom is a man.

SAM: Smart Assed Masochist. I couldn't put words to it myself, but found this:

A popular acronym for a "Smart Assed Masochist". Folks who enjoy spankings just a wee bit more than they enjoy serving. Similar to a "Brat" in that the style frequently pushes the Dom's boundaries, rules and limits, but different in that the PURPOSE of the pushing is intentially to get a well deserved session of corporal attention (typically a spanking).

Here's a humorous "How to be a SAM" SAM

Safe words: When the masochist utter those words, the Dom/me knows that they are serious. Common are:

Green: Go on, everything is ok
Yellow: Slow down a bit, it's almost to painfull
Red: Stop right now.

Re: A few terms that comes to my mind

Originally posted by ShyGuy68

Here's a humorous "How to be a SAM" SAM

:devil:i forwarded this to my Dom, and he said "Don't even try it..." hehe

Last edited:
Re: Re: A few terms that comes to my mind

SierraMoon said:
:devil:i forwarded this to my Dom, and he said "Don't even try it..." hehe

Oh I wonder why! lol

Some acronyms and what they stand for:

CBT = Cock and Ball Torture

LTR = Long Term Relationship

LDR = Long Distance Relationship

RT = Real Time

RL = Real Life

SO = Significant Other

SSC = Safe, Sane and Consensual

TFTB = Topping From The Bottom

TPE = Total Power Exchange

Someone might want to add some toy names and discriptions as well or maybe a new thread for that.

dixi

great idea, dixicritter! well, originally it was mine, so I maybe I shouldn't make a fuss about it ... :D

Question: What's an OOC?

Question: What's with this butterfly board? And why does it make everyone squicky?

I love this thread. Thanks dixi. I thought about starting one like that myself, but didn't get to doing it today.
Thanks to all that contributed, too.

SexySusan said:
Question: What's an OOC?

If you're referring to the OOC they use on the roleplay boards, it means "Out of character". Otherwise I'm lost

You're quite welcome....I didn't have anything else to do last night....lol

Calling MzChrista....we need you to explain that butterfly board again....(because I don't think I can do it justice :) )

dixi

edited because I took too long to post...lol

pm: private message. prickling moment. potentially meaningful. positively myfavorite (LOL, that didn't really work ..).

GS: Golden Shower. Water games department. Peeing on someone.

edited so that I don't have to make a new post each time I think of another word or abbreviation. Even though I want to get my av as soon as possible. See, cym, I try to behave ... :p

Last edited:
"jo" material = jack off material, as in "describe and detail a "scene" while my hand is busy in my lap."

ShyGuy68 said:
Dom/Domme (Dominatrix/Mistress): A person who takes the Dominant role. A Domme is a woman, and A Dom is a man.

SAM: Smart Assed Masochist. I couldn't put words to it myself, but found this:

A popular acronym for a "Smart Assed Masochist". Folks who enjoy spankings just a wee bit more than they enjoy serving. Similar to a "Brat" in that the style frequently pushes the Dom's boundaries, rules and limits, but different in that the PURPOSE of the pushing is intentially to get a well deserved session of corporal attention (typically a spanking).

Does that make me Sam's SAM?;)

SexySusan said:

Question: What's with this butterfly board? And why does it make everyone squicky?

Ok here is what MzC said about the butterfly board on another thread...

Butterfly board is for spreading and pinning down a guys scrotum.

And here's the pic she supplied....(again guys don't open if you get squicky....or freaked out easily for those that don't know squicky)

You my girl, ittle critter.
Yep, butterfly board is a needle play thing. The picture shows one where you stick the frank and beans through a hole and pin em down, but there are other kinds where you lay his nutsack down and stretch it out and pin it .
Either way is OK by me.
Hahaha.

ShyGuy68 said:
Here's a handy-dandy little pronunciation guide for your forays out into the real world (doing BDSM irl ;) ):

Dom, male dominant, is pronounced like it looks like one should pronounce it: dom

Domme, female dominant, is pronounced via two syllables: dom-may, with the accent on the last syllable.

The gods help us if we send you out of here talking like hillbilly heathens.
We'll lose all our credibility.
:D

CarolineOh said:
Does that make me Sam's SAM?;)

Somehow it wouldn't surprise me Caroline!

*dame some guys have all the luck!*

cymbidia:
"Domme, female dominant, is pronounced via two syllables: dom-may, with the accent on the last syllable."

I am so forwarding this to lavender. As usual, I'm right!

See, I've always wondered why there isn't an accent over the "e" in Domme. I would never have known to pronounce it "Dom-may" if I hadn't been laughed at for pronouncing it like it looks--like an unvoiced feminine suffix, the kind the French use. That's the kind of shit that irks me sometimes.

I have far too much time invested in thinking about words.

Well live and learn....in all My years I have never heard Domme pronounced any way but Dom....

Arghhhhhhh I better buy that damn book cym!

~~~grin~~~~

Back