June 22 - Chapter 7 - Samuari
June 29 - Chapter 8 - cymbidia
July 6 - Chapter 9 - bulld
July 13 - Chapter 10 - Ulyssa
July 20 - Chapter 11 - circe!
July 27 - Chapter 12 - MunchinMark
Aug 3 - Chapter 13 - SteamyChik
Aug 10 - Chapter 14 - Mickie

My suggestion is to leave the slots open. If they decide to rejoin, then they're still there. If they decide not to, then we'll just skip.

Unless anyone has any objections, we can always move everyone up.

This means mine would be posted tonight or tomorrow night.

KillerMuffin said:
My suggestion is to leave the slots open. If they decide to rejoin, then they're still there. If they decide not to, then we'll just skip.

Unless anyone has any objections, we can always move everyone up.
By "then we'll just skip" do you mean that for those two weeks, no new chapters will be posted? In seemingly direct opposition to that suggestion lies your next statement: "we can always move everyone up".

So...
(A) are we leaving those weeks open and just skipping the addition of new chapters then

or

(B) are we all moving up two weeks, like the March Hare and the Mad Hatter at that famous tea party that involved the moving of places?

(I vote B. You?)

I put it up to the vote. Far be it from me to make the decision all by myself :)

I'm hoping MP comes back, but I don't see it happening. I don't see SS coming back either.

I vote with you cym, move it on up. Anyone else?

A) Leave the slots open - 0 Votes.
B) Move everyone up 2 weeks - 2 Votes.

Is there anyone else who might consider "understudying" those slots, and writing those chapters should either of those two authors not be available?

Makes no nevermind to me. I'm trailing the end, here, but I vote to move it up two weeks since you asked.

Okay, so I'm posting KM's chapter tonight/tomorrow. If anyone has any objections to this, email me me within the next few hours!

Final edition?

Revised Chapter Due Dates

Due Date / Chapter / Author Name
May 12 - Chapter 1 - Killer Muffin
May 19 - Chapter 2 - Whispersecret
May 26 - Chapter 3 - Gaucho
June 2 - Chapter 4 - Charly
June 9 - Chapter 5 - Samauri
June 16 - Chapter 6 - cymbidia
June 23 - Chapter 7 - bulld
June 30 - Chapter 8 - Ulyssa
July 7 - Chapter 9 - circe!
July 14 - Chapter 10 - MunchinMark
July 21 - Chapter 11 - SteamyChik
July 28 - Chapter 12 - Mickie
Aug 4 - Chapter 13 -
Aug 11 - Chapter 14 -

(Due Date = finished, polished Chapter emailed to Laurel on or before that date.)

[Edited by cymbidia on 05-11-2001 at 11:18 PM]

That's the posting dates...if I'm to post a story on, say, the 12th, it needs to be to me on the 11th.

Two Thumbs Up for Chapter 1

KM, excellent work! What a great start...I can't wait to read the rest!

Re: Two Thumbs Up for Chapter 1

Laurel said:
KM, excellent work! What a great start...I can't wait to read the rest!

Is Chapter One posted in some secret place? I can't find it. ??

An Alternate Solution

I know KM has offered an epilogue to Erica's story, but is there anyone else out there who feels that maybe we can leave the Lady's story open ended? That way should someone feel the need to post another chapter or section in October the possibility is still open without have to post--"Postlude to Chapter 9B."

Of course it would be equally legitimate to post Erica the sequal--but a Lady's Memoirs don't usually follow the pattern of "The Brady Bunch's Hawaiian Adventure."

We would however draw the line at Scooby Doo Meets Literotica's Erica Something about the line: "I'd 've gotten away with it too if hadn't been for those darned kids and the naked lady on her tippy toes," makes me shiver.

Re: An Alternate Solution

Ulyssa said:
We would however draw the line at Scooby Doo Meets Literotica's Erica Something about the line: "I'd 've gotten away with it too if hadn't been for those darned kids and the naked lady on her tippy toes," makes me shiver.

*pulls mask off tippy toe lady*
It's really Mr. Krotchit, the evil land developer!

Hey, Laurel

If you still want an "understudy" to fill in a chapter, I'd love to jump on board.

I remember pestering you about chain stories over a year ago, when I was brand new. LOL, maybe now I'll finally get my chance to play with the big kids...;)

i'm confused

So, did we decide that
(1) if someone posts thier chapter late,the entire schedual slips a week?

or

(2) if someone posts late it does NOT affect the posting dates for the rest of us?

In other words, if Gaucho posts on June 2, does Charly post on June 2nd, too, or does Charly post on June 9th (which would move Sam and then me and then everyone else back a week)?

Anyone????

And what about RisiaSkye's offer? If she's gonna get a place to sub into, shouldn't she be told pretty soon so she can start working (or is this already done and i'm so out of the loop i have no clue)?

Anyone else want to sub in? There's still one place left...

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!

cymbidia said:

(B) are we all moving up two weeks, like the March Hare and the Mad Hatter at that famous tea party that involved the moving of places?

(I vote B. You?)

Has there been any resolution about this? I've had some 'putter troubles and am just now back on an even kneal. Maybe some one would email me to let me know when I need to panic? Have some hand dipped chocolate covered strawberries for the first answer!

roses in the Chapter stories

If any of you have roses figuring in your story at all, please know that a particular variety of old rose, the Autumn Damask rose, is of very prominant importance in my bit. I think Gaucho is mentioning it in his story, as well. Might be a quick easy cheap way to tie bits of our stuff together.

Anyway, if you want to know anything about its characteristics, email me. Here are some basics, though, in case you want to stick anything in right now:
silvery pink color
double flowers
blooms only once a year in early summer
relatively short blooming season
one of the most highly scented of any of the roses

Additionally, my story gives Erica reason to be *really* fond of the smell of cedar. I could say, in fact, that Erica's attraction to the scent of Damask roses and cedar closets will likely be my most memorable contribution to this group endeavor. ;)

Re: i'm confused

cymbidia said:

And what about RisiaSkye's offer? If she's gonna get a place to sub into, shouldn't she be told pretty soon so she can start working (or is this already done and i'm so out of the loop i have no clue)?

Yeah, what she said...Laurel? Others? Please let me know...I've been following the developing story, and the discussions about it, and I'd love to get in on it. The sooner I know for sure, the more time and effort I'll be able to put into a chapter. What'cha think?

Just do it, RisiaSkye!

May 12 - Chapter 1 - Killer Muffin - posted
May 19 - Chapter 2 - Whispersecret - posted
May 26 - Chapter 3 - Gaucho - posting tomorrow
June 2 - Chapter 4 - Charly - posting very soon
June 9 - Chapter 5 - Samauri - story written
June 16 - Chapter 6 - cymbidia - story written
June 23 - Chapter 7 - bulld
June 30 - Chapter 8 - Ulyssa - story written
July 7 - Chapter 9 - circe!
July 14 - Chapter 10 - MunchinMark
July 21 - Chapter 11 - SteamyChik
July 28 - Chapter 12 - RisiaSkye - added
Aug 4 - Chapter 13 - Mickie
Aug 11 - Chapter 14 -

No one is answering, RisiaSkye. In the absence of any discussion and in the face of two openings in the list, why don't you just take one?

I added you, as you can see. You have Chapter 13, just before Mickie wraps it all up.

Most of us are trying to incorporate small bits of previous (and sometimes later) writers efforts into our own story, just so you know.

Anyone else? There's still one place open.
Going...
Going...

Re: Just do it, RisiaSkye!

cymbidia said:

July 28 - Chapter 12 - RisiaSkye - added
Aug 4 - Chapter 13 - Mickie
Aug 11 - Chapter 14 -

No one is answering, RisiaSkye. In the absence of any discussion and in the face of two openings in the list, why don't you just take one?

Now that's what I like: a take-charge submissive. :D I think you're right though, Cym. Barring someone actively saying no, I'm running on the assumption I'll be doing Ch.12.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, in any case!

The more the merrier, RisiaSky. Have at it with my blessing, at least.

Mickie

Question?

How does one get involved with a chain story. Sounds very interesting. I would like to participate in the future if at all possible.

And circe! you had offered to edit a story for me a few weeks ago. Does that offer still stand?

all warm and fuzzy...or at least less cold and itchy

Thanks Mickie and KillerMuffin for the votes of confidence. I'm excited!

Of course, I also just read Gaucho's chapter, so I'm also panicking. Someone please write a so-so chapter, so I feel under less pressure. With the bar set as high as it is at present, I'm going to have way too much to live up to by Chapter 12!

Back