Question About Pin Wheels

Daddyslilpet

Marked And Owned
Master was looking at a catalogue of toys last night and he pointed out a pin wheel that he thought he might like to get. Does anyone have any experience with these? (as if I thought someone here didn't...lol)

What are the sensations like? That kind of thing. Dangers? Places to use them?

I've never done this myself but am more than willing to try anything at least once at this point in my life. :D

dixicritter

edited to add....sorry if this has already been discussed before

What you are talking about is called a wartenberg wheel. It was invented to test peoples nerves. They are lots of fun to run over tender skin especially if you just tenderized it heehee.
You can break the skin with them if you arent careful so yes they can be a little dangerous. Two things to be safe. First of all before you use it check it really carefully because sometimes the little spikes can have tiny burrs on them which are jaggedy and can cut, so look at each one and if they do just file that off with a nail file.
When I use it on somebody I always just hold it between my thumb and finger and roll it around their bodies. I never grip it hard in my fist because then if the person wiggles, it wont have any give and the spikes can puncture them.
Look and see if you can get one at a medical supply place, they will probably charge you less than a kink store.

nurowheel02.jpg

Yes that's a pinwheel....basically a small wheel with little pins around it, attached to a handle. This is another pic of one...

Thank you MzChrista for your response. I had forgotten that those are used in the Medical community for seeing if someone has sensation feelings in damaged nerve areas.

I am trying to make a list of the toys that Master has said he would like, so far. The suggestion about a medical supply place was a very good one. Cheap in cost is always a good thing for us, just want quality at the same time.

dixicritter

How disappointing. I had a mental image of a huge wheel you strapped someone to and then spun them around on. You know, the kind knife thrower's use?

That's not nearly as impressive.

Never said:
How disappointing. I had a mental image of a huge wheel you strapped someone to and then spun them around on. You know, the kind knife thrower's use?

LOL....maybe not in looks, to some, but its got my respect and possibly my fear as well.....:D

dixicritter

Never said:

Ive seen them in dungeons too. Never saw anybody throw knives though. that would be cool.

Actually, cym has an AV with one of these being run across a nipple. (Just one of my favs of her AVs!) When you see it used in pictures, it looks incredibly erotic. Makes me shiver (in a good way) to just imagine those little pinpricks running across.....well, you all get the idea.

SexyChele said:
Actually, cym has an AV with one of these being run across a nipple. (Just one of my favs of her AVs!) When you see it used in pictures, it looks incredibly erotic. Makes me shiver (in a good way) to just imagine those little pinpricks running across.....well, you all get the idea.

Oh yes, I remember seeing that av.....Love it too. You are correct in saying it looks incredibly erotic. My comments about fear were more in a respect of the instrument manner, not that I don't want to try this. I do!! (with Master's permission of course...hehe)

dixi

Dixicritter:
" LOL....maybe not in looks, to some, but its got my respect and possibly my fear as well....."

See, now that you've said that you have to tell the board when he does use it on you. I'm sorry, but those are the rules.

MzChrista:
"Ive seen them in dungeons too. Never saw anybody throw knives though. that would be cool."

It's only fun until someone get hurt – then it's better.

Never said:
Dixicritter:
" LOL....maybe not in looks, to some, but its got my respect and possibly my fear as well....."

See, now that you've said that you have to tell the board when he does use it on you. I'm sorry, but those are the rules.

Man I really need to find these rules so I can read them.....LOL Kidding....I don't mind sharing for the betterment of my fellow bdsmer's of this board....:D

dixi

The rules are clearly posted on the Mod Board... Of course, only mods are allowed on that board but trust me, that's one of them.

Never said:
The rules are clearly posted on the Mod Board... Of course, only mods are allowed on that board but trust me, that's one of them.

Well then that explains it. I'll just have to trust ya on this one. ;)

dixi

I think I saw something about this in the M thread. Somebody suggested that you could possibly substitute a pastry cutter (or something) for a pin wheel.

Bet I am wrong though ... will try and find it again.

I wouldn't mind trying that out. Ohhhhh shudder in delight.

Wonder if you could make one? cooee lired?

What kind of medical supply house would have one of these? Also what is it used for in the medical community?

actually there are many thing like it that you can get in a bakers supply store or a sewing store, they are not as intense but just something to play with for now.

and yes i know how to make something close,

you need a small paint roller (used for around windows)
a bike innertube
tacks (thumb tacks or upolstery tacks)

cut the innertube so that is the same length as as the roller, turn the tube inside out and carefully push the tacks through it making whatever pattern you want. turn tube back so that it is right side out and stretch it over the roller. I usually leave the smushy roller cover on to make the tube fit tighter.

I have seen basically this same thing made with big staples instead of tacks

BDSM on a budget is right. Great ideas everyone!

I think I even already have a sewing tracing wheel around here somewhere. I might just have to show that to Master as a try this until we can locate the other.

Lilred....you are amazing! Love your ideas for making your own "toys" as opposed to buying the more expensive versions. Thanks again for coming to the rescue. :D

dixi

tr65 said:
What kind of medical supply house would have one of these? Also what is it used for in the medical community?

It is for testing nerve response. Like if they think you have spinal damage they run in on the bottom of your foot to see if you react.

"the wheel"

Just remembered another spot to look....ebay, under medical office supply "stuff".......not specifically under the BDSM category, but it also might be x'd referenced there!:p

Back