All Comments on '1: Educating Kaylee Ch. 09'

by Spartan22

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43almost 11 years ago

A few minor points. A Challenger does not have a front axle, as it like most all modern cars has independent front suspension. If his dad's friends went to all the trouble to replace damaged body panels, why would they leave a few scratches from the accident. Perhaps the point was that the car would never be quite as perfect as it was before, if so just say it that way.

I was a bit let down at the ending of this book. OK, he is going to join the Air Force, but why does that mean it is all but over between them. Normally two young people in love declare their undying love for each other and promise to wait until the ends of time, or some shorter period. Whether or not they actually do remains to be seen, but to love each other and then walk away as in forever seems just a bit off. Also the reaction of Luke to Kaylee's voice mail message when she didn't know about the accident seemed a bit contrived to further the story line. After all, she practically was ready to tear his clothes off when they met on the front lawn after the accident.

Sometimes it seems pointless to comment on a long story before it is completed, as usually the comments are off point because we don't know where the author is going with the story line. That said, good writing, enjoyable dialog and good character development.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great

Great story mate!! I'm leaving for the Air Force soon too, and I can tell it is a HUGE step... And you manage to put that conflict into words that I couldn't describe ever. I want to say thanks for that. And for this story... But think you can put a little more of Faith in the stories? Cuz she's a teen and has nothing going on!? I call BS on that, hahaha. Maybe a quick story or two about after these events to help tie in the two books. Seeing Luke change, and her keeping in touch with Kaylee (NOT IN A SEXUAL WAY, SORRY).. Keep a bit of the High School touch, because no matter what, they'll still be kids, help ease in that second book. My thoughts on the matter. Once again, a damn fine story, and I hope book two comes out soon. Hate checking every day for a new story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Awesome story so far

This is an incredible read so far and I am really looking forward to continuing the story. I definitely would have liked more information from this last chapter. Are they through forever? I would also have liked to see more dialog between them in this chapter (since it is the end), not just im telling her, he is going into the military and her crying on his shoulder. I would like to see more of her development into the kind of person she was turning in to, etc. I will read the next book because I definitely want to know what happens and it is an excellent series I will just have to wait till I read everything. AWESOME JOB SO FAR!!!!

Latinlover15Latinlover15almost 11 years ago
Damn

That ending...yeah depressing comes to mind...

Can't wait or book two, and for the love god let them stay together

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Didn't think much of the ending. The story had a great beginning and then went down hill, I hope the second book doesn't follow this trend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Sad

I really didn't like the way this ended. I don't think the character of Luke, as built up through the story, would have ignored Kaylee for a couple of months. I hope the second part has some redeeming factors and that they end up together!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Coward

Luke appears to be afraid of facing real life. Instead of going to college and being with a woman that loves him; He chose to join the military, risk being killed protecting Corporations and the Profiteering Military Industrial Complex. He must have suffered a serious brain injury in that auto accident. There are so many youngsters out there that would cherish the opportunity that was being handed to him on a silver platter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
a good story but

This was a good story but the ending to this book doesn't fit for me I mean I know this is your story but this is a what the fuck type of ending and I hope book 2 will end an a better note.

cliqueggecliqueggealmost 11 years ago
I concur with the general sentiment

Would have liked something different as an ending but as has been said this is your story and you decide its direction.

I will most assuredly be waiting for the next instalment.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Nice job!

My opinion differs from some of the other commenters. While the ending and Luke's decision seemed a little forced or contrived even (from a storytelling objectivity), the wishful thinker of me actually respects him so much more. You made it clear the Accident was a huge deal to him; I respect that and I would think that Kaylee and his family would too. Eventually they'd understand his decision to serve, I mean look what his dad did before settling down. It takes guts beyond belief to think he can make a difference by helping others, and to risk his life for it. Not just his living breathing self, but risk losing his girlfriend, a chance at college, and a normal living. Some people don't have that as a priority. It could be naivety, but that's also part of his personality. I hope they end up together in the long run, but Luke grew up a bit, and he has Kaylee to thank for that. That's kind of cool, and I enjoyed reading about it.

thanks for writing and look forward to more,

Anonymous

Ellienora35Ellienora35almost 11 years ago
ROTC

I think he's stupid to not go to college first, do the ROTC program and enter the air force as a officer. Why enlist? Especially when he already almost has his associate's degree. I loved this story. I just hope that one of the books ends up with them and a happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I reccomend you read All Quiet on the Western Front before continuing. I have no real problem with how the story turned out (except I was secretly rooting for them to get married), but war is not glory nor is it life-saving. A person like Luke will hate the military.

alfeoalfeoalmost 11 years ago

Cant wait..u wanna speed it up?'..lol..big fan..thx for the stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
NEW CHAPTER !

YOU have wright a new CHAPTER SOON AS POSSIBLE. And with that i mean next month

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Pleaaaassseeee bring them together!!!!!! Excellent story!!

Please!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

T.T good story

ReadsalotReadsalotalmost 11 years ago
Very well done.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this story. Like some of the others, I was kind of hoping that Kaylee and Luke would end up moving forward together. But that's not how life works sometimes. Perhaps they will come together at a later time. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with the characters.

One of the anonymous comments mentioned that war isn't all glory, and that someone like Luke would hate the military. Perhaps he would. War is one of the ugliest realities of life. And death. But it is a reality, and it has to be dealt with. Judging by the conversations I've had with veterans and active military, very few join the military because they want to run off to war. The concept of SERVICE to your country is at the top of their list of reasons. When I was 18 I couldn't grasp that concept. By the time I did, a near fatal car accident had taken any opportunity to serve away from me. I am extremely glad that there are people who are willing to serve, and I thank every one of them - past, present and future. Luke seems proud of his desire to help and serve. As well he should be.

kansasjackkansasjackover 10 years ago
Dead Man Walking?

I am a simple romantic who happens to love "happy endings" because I know they happen in real life as well as fictional stories. I absolutely love this story and can't wait to get into the second part. Even though I give you 5 Stars I have to tell you that I hate the ending which in a way pisses me off. I rate this story so high not because I like how it ends but because you are the author and only you know where you are taking this series. It appears as though there might be some hope for a happy ending.

What distresses me the most about the ending is that you seem to leave not only the reader but the characters with no hope or even remote chance for the right ending. Thus the reason for the title of this comment "Dead Man Walking". You present it in such a way that suggests Luke's enlistment in the Air Force is a death sentence. Both literally and to their relationship. With the way you present the act of Luke informing Kaylee of his enlistment, it seems to leave her without any hope of a future with Luke and vise versa which causes both to have unnecessary pain in their lives. Hell, you even give your readers the idea that because someone enlists in the armed forces it is not possible for them to continue to develop a current relationship. Talk about depressing ...

So I am starting to read Part 2 of your story and can only hope their relationship not only continues but thrives/blossoms or whatever adjective you might want to add. In the meantime. Keep on keeping on ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Verdict on Book 1

Overall very good, although you did play the cliché dumb blonde cheerleader and smart guy/nerd who helps her realize just how blind she is to the last bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It's really too bad

Real life politics are so much in this story, unlike your other one which I enjoyed tremendously (Luke's parents). Not at all a fan of the military or religion to be following this past this point. Hope you get feedback from people who enjoy this stuff at least.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Too save people

I have never really understood the reasoning to join the millitary to save life ... U are not actually saving a life we are just exchanging one'slife on our side with the enemy's.

All that aside really liked the series till now

trite_readertrite_readerover 9 years ago
Are you fucking serious?!?

After eight pretty cool and awesome chapters, you finish the tale like this?!

This kid ain't ready for the military. Seriously dude... forget it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not impressed with the ending..

As the others said- what an anti climatic way to end this short story. How fustrating. Bla. It was still a good read. But the military? O.o

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Beautiful story

Miltary fit kind of awkwardly though.

shade_waynEshade_waynEover 8 years ago
pathetic!!

seriously man??

the most pathetic ending to a story i have ever read.

are you trying to do social service on literotica?? i am not getting it.

wasted my time on the previous parts

signing off

Horseman68Horseman68almost 8 years ago
Totally Pathetic!!!

And senseless for a character the author has written as so smart and level-headed. If Luke wants to save people he could become a brilliant doctor. Bringing this irresistible need to serve his county into the story out of the blue, and leaving the girl that up to this point he has been crazy about is about as lame as can be imagined. As a military vet, even I am appalled at such a choice. What a waste for this story and its readers time. I tend to place another warning at Chapter 1, to accompany the one already there I did not heed, for readers not to waste their time on this crap of an author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
BAH!

I liked it up to this chapter, i wont continue to book 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
ending

The build-up of the characters was very good but the ending completely invalidates the whole purpose of the plot and makes the story a complete waste of time. His intelligence and courage are wasted. Her life is wasted and for what? It's as if two different authors wrote the story. The second one writing chapter 9.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Is it want to negate the one star rating.

What wanted to rate it at was a five star. I hope the continuing story finishes better and brings closure. What will the continuing story be named?

NaughtyNaughtyNurseNaughtyNaughtyNursealmost 6 years ago
Good story...

But a piss poor ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
i gave you 5 stars but...

man i hate that ending, you killed me:(

Kaiser

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Air Force?

I know I'm biased because I served in the Marines, but Air Force?! C'mon, man. People join the AF to pay for college. People join the Navy to see the world. People join the Army because they don't know better. But people who want to make a difference join the Marines.

SAV12SAV12over 5 years ago
YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?

WHAT A GREAT STORY, BUT I HOPED FOR A BETTER ENDING. I'LL HAVE TO READ BOOK 2 TO SEE IF IT GETS BETTER.

Part_time_readerPart_time_readerover 4 years ago
WTF!

Why did you end it like this it was going so level but sucker punched at the end.Man that was not right.

bluealseidesbluealseidesalmost 4 years ago

I was not expecting that ending!

I liked watching their characters develop and how their relationship came to be. Hopefully Luke will not be swayed into many of the vices young enlisted men and officers fall into when new to the military. I wonder if he considered ROTC and university as an option.

I am hoping Kaylee and Luke do not give up on each other. It IS possible. I am in the armed forces myself and I have seen couples that were high school sweethearts and have gone the distance.

Well done and keep writing!

bluealseidesbluealseidesalmost 4 years ago

I wanted to add that referencing the Lovelace poem was very fitting for their situation. Awesome way to work in that reference. It is one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Anonymous from 3 years ago. Why is it always the marines who think they're better than the other branches? Soo f'n stupid. I think the test to be able to become a marine is like tying your shoe or something. You don't even have a football team. Shut up with that shit, I could argue that the marines are easily the most expendable branch of our military. It's not that hard to guard the gates at Navy bases

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WTF happened to Book 2?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Didn't like the ending. Cliff hangers suck AND they are meant for each other. I really hope that happens, or I will be so disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn man this story had so much potential for a alternate more simple ending I appreciate the genius off how you’re keeping it going and adding twist but woulda loved it to end normal man

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Teenage drama is so damn exhausting. And repetitive. Same shit all the time.

Well anyway this certainly sucks. They belong together. Fuck "God's plan." You have your own plan. Free will isn't free if you live your life based on someone else's plan, perceived or otherwise. I'll be pissed if someone else gets Kaylee (even temporarily). Goddamn it this had potential. OK there's still 2 more books but going into the Army certainly doesn't inspire confidence in their future together, certainly not in the way I'd hope at the very least.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous