All Comments on 'A Bartender, Drinks, and a Date Pt. 01'

by Tony155

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
HEY EVERYBODY, READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony155, that was the most romantic story I have read in a while. It is because of writers of your caliber that I read Literotica. You hit the emotions of the male and female charcters beautifully. A submission doesn't always have to have sex to be really good. Excellent job. So sweet. So exciting that feeling of love and connection few people find. Thank you Tony155.

sherlock40sherlock40almost 19 years ago
Excellent story!

At first I thought that Nick was selfish and shallow. I mean, all he thought of was himself during a relationship and not about any partners desires. But as the story progressed, it seemed as if he was becoming more aware of someone elses emotions and feelings. I hope that you continue this with another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A Very Good Reason

Were there but a few more like you here - nice touch and depth author.

Slice of life - reality - humor - and no one got hurt - amazing stuff told in a flowing style.

Please go on - with high Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Excellent (so far)

I'm very impressed with your touch and sensitivity - as well as your ability to impart it. As stated by someone else, this ability you have displayed so far in this story, is the reason many should come here to read and be entertained!! There are some very good things amongst the chaff!

I hope it stays in the same vein.

Thanks Author - with Regard

gdavisgdavisover 18 years ago
Romance?

First of all the writing is actually very clear and crisp, but this story is definitely in the wrong category. It should be in romance not erotic couplings. That said even as a romance, there doesn't seem to be an chemistry between the two. It reads more like an awkward (yet suprisingly uninteresting) date, than it does a romantic connection. I honestly don't see what she is supposed to find so attractive in him. He's dull, lifeless, and uptight. I guess he's supposed to be attractive, but since you focus on what he says rather than what he looks like that superficial attractiveness doesn't really matter.

chomerchomerabout 18 years ago
GREAT !

tony very good and interesting first relationship and a unique twist where they did not make love immediately,maybe in your future stories of them ? thanks: from Homer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A pleasant start

yet somehow it seems cold. Hope for better in ch. 02. Thank You. Ronnie W.

taxpapabobtaxpapabobover 15 years ago
How to Arrange a SWEET Date

Oh, this is a dandy romance, tantalizingly tiptoeing into a great night together for a darling couple. I like him. I like her. I love it. MORE!!

DublosDublosover 10 years ago
Horrible set up... great romance

If I ignore the set up, the date and storm and follow up are wonderful.

Yet, while I can suspend disbelief for rings that control people's minds, I cannot suspend my disbelief to get past a serial dater with trust issues accepting the setup of this date.

His sister-in-law and Shannon came up with a plan where the main character gets to feel the disappointment of being stood up FOR AN HOUR before Shannon attempts to pick him up as Renee. There's nothing in the story that says she was supposed to be done earlier, so that's an intentional "I'm going to watch you for an hour while you wait for me to appear" planned from the start.

No reason is given why he might consider a bartender less than an ideal date so why they had to go to that extreme to "test" him, is completely left out.

My personal best reaction after the reveal that she's Shannon would have been finishing up the meal and saying goodbye. The worst reaction would have been to simply gotten up saying "I don't think starting a relationship with a prank is a start of anything positive" and left.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

@ dublos

not sure what you mean by 'rings that control peoples minds' but if you're referring to shannon's fake wedding rings, girls do that all the time, especially if they're waitresses or bartenders. you really need to get out more pal.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
rings

Some single women do wear wedding rings to keep from being bothered by men.

Stranger though is how many single men that wear wedding rings to get picked up by women.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 5 years ago
Great.

Great beginning to a story that makes you want more of its characters. Bravos.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Figured the date fake right away, good!

Nice lead up and the look over of each other. Some fourty years ago met this pretty little lady, we talked, we danced, I couldn't take my eyes off her married her 2-3 years later because we 'connected'. Good story and lead up to romance and.............

keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

good cliff hanger. what???? not going to sleep together. leads to all kinda waht ifs

Coochielover71Coochielover714 months ago

Another great story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous