All Comments on 'A Boss, A Mentor, A Lover Ch. 01'

by johnwhoknew

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
papagrizpapagrizabout 13 years ago
EXCELLENT!!

Well written and smooth flowing. I hope your followup on this story will be very soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
smirk no more

I see that literotica members love the word "smirk".....

But please use it, aware of it's connotations...

Which aren't at all sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
My Only Slight Gripe

After reading your most recent story and now starting this one, I noticed a pattern beginning to materialize that I felt took away from my satisfaction as a reader. I think the 'cliff hanger' is too much of a ploy to be continually used chapter in and chapter out. Your stories and writing are fantastic without the need to force your readers to eagerly await your next update.

I know there's always pressure from a loyal readership to have regular updates (not that I know you are bending to the will of the masses or anything ;)), but I feel sometimes a character's desires can be described and fulfilled in one sitting.

Let me reiterate, fantastic story and writing, just a small gripe hopefully taken as constructive critism. :)

johnwhoknewjohnwhoknewalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Response to Slight Gripe

Please know that I don't do cliffhangers in order to "tease" readers or to leave them hanging. The reason I do them is twofold.

The first is because I don't want my chapters to become too long. Lots of writers write great novels and novellas which are a bit longer. Nothing wrong with those, I enjoy them immensely and feel they are the highest form of writing, but I'm just not able to do that. So my goal is to write chapters that are several pages long - just long enough to play out a scene or two, but not so long that they seem like a massive time investment to readers. I try to convey good content in a manageable time-frame. Therefore I cut storylines short and make them into chapters.

Second reason is, frankly, sometimes I just need a little time to finish the next segment of a story. So I'll have a bit of content ready and rather than holding it until I finish the next few scenes, I'll put it out as a chapter while I finish the next piece of the story. I figure it's better to keep the story moving for readers while I work.

Thank you so much for reading and please understand that I don't use cliffhanger endings as a ploy because I'm just "messing" with readers. I really am just trying to do my best to provide an enjoyable, entertaining experience for everyone.

johnwhoknew

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
so wrong

on many levels

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous