A Cat Named Cupid

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Tonight's not a possibility because I've been up and constantly running since 6am doing double duty thanks to one of the other reporters being on vacation. I haven't had lunch or dinner yet and am almost dead on my feet to boot. I would probably fall asleep on you."

'You say that as if it would be a problem,' was instantly poised at the tip of Andy's tongue, but he instead substituted, "I understand, Steven. How about Wednesday night? It's my day off and maybe we can just order pizza or I could whip up something simple after you get off."

'Don't use the term "get off" 'cause I could so easily with you, I think,' raced towards Steven's lips from his throat. But he held it back in exchange for, "Wednesday would work for me too, since I have to cover a school board meeting for the paper tomorrow night. So is it a date?"

"We can call it that I guess," Andy responded. The smile on his face said he liked the term.

"Wednesday about six it is then." Steven offered a fist bump to seal the deal and then bent over to scoop up Cupid. "Let's go fur face. Daddy needs some food and I figure you are up for some too, as usual." Just before he stepped from the stoop he smiled one last time at Andy and said, "Glad we finally met...neighbor."

"Me too, Steven. Me too," were the simple words Andy uttered; the mirrored smile and wink back was the much deeper meaning, confirmation he sent Steven.

* * * * *

Wednesday evening finally came even though both guys didn't think it ever would. Neither really believed in the idea of love at first sight, but both Steven and Andy had spent a big portion of the previous forty plus hours with thoughts and visions of the other.

Steven had masturbated slowly and sensually in bed on Monday night, making love to himself with his eyes pinched tightly shut and seeing Andy naked on top of him on the inside of his eye lids. The Old Faithful geyser his cock eventually gave up, strung ropes of man juice everywhere from his thick pubic patch, up across his furry tummy and chest, peppered his face and forehead, and one giant initial wad even splattered itself above his pillow on his headboard. It had been an orgasm to rival any he had ever had as a teenager.

Andy had beat off too that night, but only after surfing a bunch of internet porn sites different from what he normally went to for visual stimulation. Once he discovered a more-than-suitable representation of Steven in a movie on a site called 'The Bear Den' he took matters in hand. He was amazed that the load of cum he finally shot up his torso and all over the keyboard of his lap top at the end of the short movie with the Steven look-alike, had been the largest one he had produced in months.

Steven was totally distracted all day Tuesday, with thoughts of his new friend invading his brain constantly. It became even more pronounced at the school board meeting he was covering, when he realized half the scribbling on his reporter's open notebook page was the same word doodled over and over and over again.

The word was 'Andy.' It really hit home the next day as he was typing up his story and kept substituting 'Andy' for the school board president's last name of 'Andrews.' By noon on Wednesday he told himself, 'You need to get a grip. You don't really know diddly-shit about this guy yet beyond he has to be gay and he's from Kentucky.' His inner voice spoke up with, 'And that Cupid really likes him. That counts for something, too.' Steven grinned and nodded his head at that reminder.

Andy hadn't fared much better, as every customer that came into the restaurant on Tuesday that even slightly resembled Steven, had caused his dick to twitch all on its own. He had popped more boners during his shift than he could kept track of, and when he got home and was changing to something comfortable to wear, he discovered his thick black pubes were matted together from all the precum he had leaked off in his underwear while at work.

'Sheesh! It's like being fifteen all over again,' he had thought to himself. Finding Cupid on his doorstep when he went out for his wake-up smoke first thing on Wednesday, and having the big cat spend the entire day with him, was an even more constant reminder of the preoccupation he had with Steven. It was as if the Main Coon was making sure Andy absorbed some of his natural, overly affectionate personality to use with his human later.

* * * * *

Zero hour finally arrived when Andy saw Steven's car pull into his parking stall across the street a little after 5pm. Steven gave him a 'thirty minutes' signal using three fingers on one hand and circle made with the thumb and index finger of the other before disappearing into his apartment. "Cupid...why do I feel like the girl that just made the cheerleading squad, waiting for the team quarterback to pick her up for a first date?" he inquired of the cat curled up on his couch.

The only reply Cupid gave was a head lift, wide yawn, and twitching whiskers that was meant to convey a 'Just go with the flow and let it happen, dude,' message, but was misinterpreted as total disinterest.

Across the drive, after a quick shower, Steven was as nervous as he could be and changed his mind from dress khakis to well-worn jeans and back a half dozen times. He finally compromised with his favorite pair of cargos and yanked the bright orange American Eagle polo that made his emerald eyes stand out, over his head. One last fluff of his hair and an extra dab of cologne to his neck and he was headed for what was to be technically considered a first date. 'Will there be a second?' he silently asked himself as he rapped his knuckles on Andy's front door just moments later.

* * * * *

Shortly after midnight, Steven was trying to unlock his front door with Cupid under one arm and balancing a heavy Tupperware container in the other. Andy had completely surprised him with a full blown Italian meal that was highlighted by the best lasagna he had he had ever tasted...homemade or otherwise. "Just one of the secret recipes great grandma brought from Turin just before World War Two," had been his only concession to the question of where he had learned to cook like Wolfgang Puck.

The evening had started off with some uncomfortable nervousness on the parts of both guys. An almost foreboding quiet hung in the air initially, but was quickly dissipated by Andy with a single question. "Are we gonna dance around on eggshells all night, or is one of us gonna shoot the damn elephant in the room and say the 'G' word?"

Steven had laughed and quipped with, "Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a Gemini. But we're not all crazy with split personalities like people think."

Andy chuckled back and the ice was broken as he asked, "Really? You're a Gemini? I would have guessed Aries to go along with how hyper you seem to be all the time."

"Actually, I am an Aquarius...my birthday is this Saturday in fact. Not that I have any plans to celebrate it. Just sit at home with Cupid on my lap and watching 'Brady Bunch' reruns on 'Nick-at-Nite' like I did last year probably."

"Well if you answer the original question, Steven, I might give you another option to that idea."

"The 'elephant' and 'G-word' thing?

"Uh huh."

Steven gave up a shrug of his shoulders and stated, "Yeah, it's a pink elephant and yes, I am gay. I assume adding 'too' to the end of that fills in the blank about you, right?"

"As a three dollar bill singing a show tune," Andy responded with a big grin.

From that point forward, the night became one with a totally relaxed atmosphere and filled with each recounting over dinner, everything from their first time to the coming out stories, and finally retiring to the couch with glasses of wine to get the ugly baggage both had hidden under their beds with past relationships out of the way.

Since he was younger by eleven years, Andy's past was less littered than Steven's. He had dated seriously a half dozen times, but had only lived with one guy for a couple of years. "I finally broke it off when he kept insisting doing a three-way wouldn't be cheating or fuck us up. I can share love without a problem; I just can't share the physical part of it with more than one person at a time."

Steven nodded his head in understanding and agreement, before opening up his life to Andy. He easily told the stories of the high school exclusive boyfriend that went sour when they went off to separate colleges; about the nearly two year affair with a frat brother that ended up being far more physical than emotional; and the couple of years where he finally sowed his wild oats and played the field hard and often...but always safe. "And then I turned thirty and met Ezra..." Suddenly the words were no longer coming easy because the memories were. An hour later, Andy was curled up against Steven, gently hugging him in a totally platonic manner as the last tears finally fell from his eyes.

"From what I've already seen, it's his loss, not yours, Steven. And if it's been well over a year like you said, it's time to say 'fuck him' and get on with what else is out there worth your time and love." Andy planted a gentle kiss on Steven's wet cheek, smiled, and squeezed his thigh. "You don't wanna miss Mr. Right when your cat drags him into your life, ya know."

The exaggerated wink Andy had added at the end made Steven laugh for the first time since he mentioned Ezra's name initially. "Thank you so much for putting me in the right mood, Andy," he said as he leaned in to kiss his new friend back. When their lips brushed together, somebody flipped the main switch at the power station and the surging electricity locked them together with tongues and hands soon becoming involved also.

"I know what mood you are putting me in, Steven," Andy managed to softly murmur when they finally broke their lip locks momentarily for a much needed breath.

Steven nodded and cautioned, "I know. You have me there too. And don't take this wrong, but I don't want to rush things. Not unless this is just to be a one-time thing."

"I take that to mean you want something more than that?"

"Uh huh. Well, I just don't want us to fuck up any possibilities if you see any or want anything more."

"I quit being satisfied with one-night stands and fuck-buddies well over a year ago, Steven. I'm all for taking this in baby steps too, because I am interested in you. Not sure why. I

just am."

Steven smiled.

Andy smiled back.

Then their mouths and hands got busy again. Somewhat amazingly, their clothes stayed on, but that was because that had been the unofficial commitment they had made...at least for that night.

* * * * *

Thursday the 12th was filled with many, many text messages back and forth; most centered on just having some form of contact. Others, however, were to subtly reassure each other the intimacy they had shared the night before was because of an instant emotional bonding and not simply driven by unsatiated lust.

Even though they had pushed the envelope with the intense make-out session, and truly tested their resolve to wait for the ultimate intimacy with the roaming hands and massaging fingers, neither Andy nor Steven had gone to bed frustrated. And they didn't need to jack off when all alone to be able to find a peaceful sleep because they had already already achieved full release while fully dressed and acting like two virginal teenagers in the backseat of Dad's Chevy while on Andy's couch. There had been enough grabs and gropes and rubs and squeezes to go along with the emotions they were sharing that they both literally came in their pants...and not only once, but twice! It hadn't been as good as full-out, hard core, unrestrained, skin-on-skin sex, but it sure tried to be.

The plan for later had been decided as pizza and movie night, but this time at Steven's apartment. He had managed to build up a fairly impressive collection of gay themed movies and television episodes going clear back into the 1960's, and he was certain a decent chunk of them had never been seen by Andy. "If nothing else, we order the pizza; stick in one of the tapes with eight, half hour installments of Showtime's 'Brothers' series on it; and just let it be background ambiance while we talk each other silly for four hours," had been the idea Steven brought up.

"Or maybe four more hours of just making out," was Andy's suggested alternative that came with a snicker.

"Something tells me if we try that, there is no way we won't end up naked this time," Steven warned.

"Even if we did, we still don't have to go any place we aren't ready to, babe," Andy countered. "It will happen when it's meant to happen, and not before."

"Point made. Listen. I am going to be interviewing the mayor and development director for the next hour, so you won't be hearing from me until after you get home probably. Make sure you round up Cupid. He snuck out the front door with me this morning and is probably either way-past-ready to be back inside or needing rescued from Mrs. Abicht's clutches."

"Will do, Steven. I'll take care of the fat little fur guy and bring him over when you get home. See ya later, stud."

"You better, hunk. I'm counting on it. Buh~bye."

Both guys stared at the blank screen of their cell phones for a while as if they were going to be able to see the face of the person they had just finished talking with. They really didn't need to since the smiles there were both wearing at that moment could be seen from the international space station and without any kind of technology involved. They both just knew that and could hear the happiness in each others voices with their eyes closed.

* * * * *

They were down to the final three pieces of pizza and final dribbles of red wine in the bottle they had opened two hours earlier. Harvey Fierstein was on the television screen and just getting ready to read his mother's beads at the cemetery in 'Torch Song Trilogy.' Cupid was splayed in the recliner, half watching the guys, but also most likely plotting an attack on the last pizza slices being ignored by them. And neither Steven nor Andy were cognizant of any of it because they had been in a lip lock of epic proportions for the past thirty minutes. One that had grown so passionate that it could easily qualify for recognition by Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Just as Steven suckled Andy's tongue back between his lips and inhaled it into his mouth yet again, he felt Andy's hand plant itself on his hardened box. When the heel of his buddy's palm began to knead his lump, he moaned into Andy's mouth and his hips instinctively shifted upwards to meet the hand that was going to quickly make him crazy. Steven dropped his own hand to Andy's crotch and caressed the manhood hidden behind the buttons of his 501's as their tongues continued to do battle in between the kisses they were lovingly trading with each other.

Without any warning or words, Andy suddenly pulled away from Steven's face and locked eyes with him. The color of coal they had been was now also tinted with a hint of red...possibly from the third glass of wine, but more likely due to the burning desire Andy was possessed by at the moment. His fingers deftly captured Steven's zipper tab, and tugged it all the way down before Steven could react. The first words of questioning whether Andy should chance going to skin-on-skin contact with Steven's pleasure pole came at the same time the hand found its mark and wrapped around it. 'CAPTURED!' went through Andy's brain as he began to slowly stroke on the velvety piece of flesh.

"Andy...are you sure this is a good idea?" finally escaped from Steven's mouth.

"Not anywhere near as good as this is," came immediately as Andy pulled the throbbing cock free of the restraining jeans through the unzipped fly. "Or as good an idea as this is," were the final words said before Andy leaned down and flicked his tongue over the oozing slit of Steven's mushroom. The full and hungry lips followed as they took the pulsing head between them and began to eat their way down the seven plus inches of Steven's now-begging tool.

Happily resigning himself to the pleasuring Andy had every intention of completing, Steven relaxed back into the couch and used his hand to undo the waistband snap of Andy's cargos and pop open the fly. His first full view of Andy's cock he got after pulling the waistband of the boxers over it and tucking it beneath Andy's nuts, made him suck in a breath. A little longer than his and much thicker, it was a sight to behold. And one he now wanted to hold in his throat the same way his was being trapped by Andy's talented tonsils. In an almost whimper from the erotic way Andy's mouth was working his most responsive appendage, Steven whispered between moans, "If we are going to do this here, let's at least do it right. Spin around and lay down on your back so we can sixty-nine, baby."

Andy readily complied with the demand and within seconds the only noises in the room, were Fierstein's gravelly voice coming from the TV, the loud purring of Cupid now asleep in the recliner, and the dual slurping of lips and tongues sliding in concert with each other up and down a new lover's pulsing manhood as each feverishly worked to take the other over the edge into a state of euphoria. Thanks to it having been so long for both of them to be in this position, the rumbling in their balls soon announced the unstoppable orgasms and a tsunami of life fluid began to flood their mouths. Each of them greedily drank it down, but did save enough to whip up a post-eruption snowball together as they kissed during afterglow.

Hours later, as they were both searching for the Sand Man from their individual beds and reliving the simultaneous blow jobs in their minds, the big question became: Do we dare take that next...and pretty much full commitment to dating seriously...step?

* * * * *

Even though Valentine's Day and Steven's forty-first birthday were both officially on Saturday, the two guys had decided the initial celebrating would occur on Friday night. The restaurant was expected to be a zoo late in the day when Andy would normally be wrapping up things with his early shift and heading home, so he was going to be tied up until very late in the afternoon at best and possibly as late as 8pm at the worst.

Steven had, prior to meeting Andy, made a firm promise to his elderly mother that lived over near Athens, to come for a late lunch and some of her famous, all homemade, birthday cake. It had been kind of a standing tradition with them for years...even when he and Ezra had been together...and he could hardly blow her off now because of a new boyfriend. With Andy being trapped at work until at least 5:30 or 6:00, all Steven had to do was make sure his Mom understood he would have to leave for home in Marietta no later than 4 or 4:30. He loved his mother and would be there as she expected, but he also wasn't about to let anything interrupt the very special evening that was sure to come with Andy tonight.

Andy was a bundle of nerves at work all day. Partially due to the fact that they would be so busy and that this was the first real holiday where his type of establishment attracted customers who were looking for the little more than normal "family style" eating experience. This was a chance to make a really good first impression on a wide variety of new customers. Then when he added in all the possibilities of what tonight with Steven could, and most likely would, lead to, his stomach was already doing flip flops ten minutes after he unlocked the front door for the breakfast crowd.

The sex he and Steven had had the night before was little more than the next step up from mutual masturbation. The sex the odds said they would end up having tonight was a whole other story. Steven had already said he didn't want to wake up alone on his birthday, and Andy had been more than readily agreeable to sharing his bed so he wouldn't have to. He also knew that would mean that it would be the first time they would each see each other naked...or at least exposing all the parts of each other they hadn't already seen. He knew Steven's body was hairy and worried how he might react since smooth boys had always been his main turn on.