All Comments on 'A Change of Plans'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
Tail End PeteTail End Peteover 18 years ago
Damn, that really got me!

An action hero with all the foibles and weaknesses of any other average person. Thank you for the great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great

I enjoyed your story very much and look forward to reading more.

Boyd

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 18 years ago
Good Story Grey Eagle

Bad part about it is that the same text of this one is posted as "Far Away Joe's", another story by you. Which one is it? Far Away Joes is under "interracial Love"

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You do a fine job

With each of your stories. They are a pleasure to read. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
In praise of older authors.

There is some life experience in this story, and all of your stories I have read so far. Even if not precisely the way it plays out in the plot, it shows in the touches that makes the story memorable. You obviously don't have to try and imagine the feelings of the protagonist. We all don't have to have the CMOH or a Purple Heart with stars to read or even write a tale like this, but we pretty well have to have walked some bumpy road to put sincere depth of feeling in this story as you have. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Eh...

It was an ok story. Sweet at times but way too cheesy. I mean there's a fine line between sweet and disgustingly cheesy. It just wasn't real. The story sounded too lovey and fake, no real problems at all. Too much of the "i love you!" "oh! I love you too!!". Just too sugar-coated and fake

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
My Kind of story

Grey Eagle that is my kind of story i hope you continue with more of the Billy and Meagan there are the best i had a cousin that was in the Navy he was a quadreplegic from the chest down he went thru Bethesda and Richmond Va. Va.he did therapy and was able to use his arms and hands he died lasyt year I really hope you continue writing those kinds of stories that left tears in my eyes my dad was in the navy during ww2 fighting the japs he was apilot god bless you Grey Eagle 286

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What a stupid, stupid story

really bad....all jumbled, nothing hung together

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Good

Well, it was a good story I thought. I wouldn't have minded hearing about their meeting her Dad when they got back together. Maybe I missed that part. There are plenty of real stories about past loves getting back together and I guess one just has to get by all the baggage acrued while they were apart. You would think that her parents would have wanted the father of their daughters child to come back and marry her rather than have her be a stripper. But, then that would have been a different story wouldn't it? As an old combat Marine I like this story. I do wish that either of my marriages had the love and sex this story describes. I guess thats why we like romantic writers isn't it? Don't quit writing...a lot us like your romantic and perhaps even cheesy stories.

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfalmost 12 years ago
Osiyo Grey Eagle...

I Loved Your Story... As an old vet myself, I know what the character you wrote about is going through... I was wounded in Desert Storm after having been in for 13.5 years, almost lost my entire left leg... My left hip and left femur right above the knee were shattered by 2 rounds from an AK-47... So many times, you hear of stories similiar to this that don't have the happy ending of this one... It is good to read one that did...

Mitakuye Oyasin...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
wonderful story but

there is no such thing as the "congressional" Medal of Honor, it is the Medal of Honor. loved the story.

paramedic01paramedic01almost 11 years ago
Just a clarification.

The Medal of Honor is sometimes called the congressional Medal of Honor as it requires a congressional vote to pass to award it.

It is also the highest honor the is can bestow and is right up there with

The Victoria cross

France's medal of valor the legion de something I forget

However it takes an incredible act of bravery to earn

And should not be used lightly however in all stories I have read

They are used appropriately and do not take from the value. The honor and sheer

Guts of the recipient. I do not support war but I do and will

Support all troops from all nations fighting for

It's cliched but truth justice and freedom.

And no I am not from the USA I am Australian

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Interesting and a good read -

It is unlikely a high school grad could work up to Major in less than 10 years in today's Marines - but who cares about small details.

The pace was a little stilted but the character made it seem like it could be how he was not the authors writing - neat trick lol.

Fast paced simple - direct - small inconsistencies - like - she felt that way twice before but did nothing about? she banged Mike is what she did about it. Not a whore but not a saint either - just a real human being with real needs. The same with the rest pof the picture she painted of herself. A nude dancer and stripper - made good bucks feeding fantasies and managed to work in a place that did not require he to sell herself too - gratz - but it is what it is.

Well designed and written thanks -

calflashcalflashabout 9 years ago
service

I'm surprised that a non college graduate could become an officer. Also I don't understand the comment about him retiring in 4 years. I'm sure he would have been retired for medical reasons. That bring said it was a great story - too bad he missed 9 years of his son's life

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Age of Consent in Florida

While Florida's age of consent is 18, those under 24 are specifically exempted from criminal prosecution. States that set the minimum age at 17 or 18 generally have a stipulation like that.

-CAF

jackh1962jackh1962almost 8 years ago

While I can see how a dad could get really angry over finding his daughter having sex with a young man I have trouble seeing how a judge would get that bent out of shape and strict with him as they are real close in age.Also I'd think that once her parents found out she was pregnant that they would want him to take responsibility for their grandchild instead of pawning her and the baby off on someone else. But than if it happened any other way there wouldn't be a story here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Major USMC, NOT!

No way he could be a major in the USMC wth only a high school education..

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
Damned shame about that mis-named medal.

A "Congressional Medal of Honor" does not exist. The medal is simply Medal of Honor and Congress has no part in it's inception or existence.

Look it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
for anon

Image result for "Congressional Medal of Honor"

en.wikipedia.org

The Medal of Honor. The Medal of Honor is the highest award for valor in action against an enemy force which can be bestowed upon an individual serving in the Armed Services of the United States. Generally presented to its recipient by the President of the United States of America in the name of Congress.

CMOHS.org - Official Website of the Congressional Medal of Honor ...

www.cmohs.org/

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What BS!

He should of just turned away and left town, by himself. Let Mike have her and her son.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago
Missed the Point

Anon missed the point. Megan didn't want Mike.

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. As a retired Navy veteran I have seen what service can / does to us who have been there. Unless you have been don't dishonor us who have been.

Marklynda2Marklynda25 days ago

True love wins out. A very well thought out and written story. I definitely look forward to reading more of your work. As this is my first foray into your writing and the first story you posted here I have added you to my favorites list. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous