A Conspiracy to Defraud...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Great idea, Barry. At least I can have some fun out of all of this." Ted smiled. "I'll give them all hell and maybe even a couple of ulcers before we close the deal."

There was another half hour of bullshit between the two men before Barry said it was time for him to get to bed. It was going on three o'clock in the morning.

The dealer had cashed Barry chips and taken the house cut. Barry walked out the door with one hundred and twenty five dollars. The house got 10% and Barry gave the dealer five thousand and another five thousand for the two bartenders to split. A great night for him, and he felt more than generous.

Walking into his suite, he saw that Carol was still waiting up for him. She was sitting curled up in a large chair reading a Patricia Cornwell novel. She dropped the book and ran over to him, throwing her arms around his neck and giving him a big kiss.


"I was beginning to worry about you, darling. Where have you been so long?" He could tell that she was genuinely worried about him.

"Oh, nothing much just a poker game that lasted longer than it should." He answered.

Carol bowed her head slightly and with a hint of disappointment in her voice she said. "I hope that you're night was better than mine." She made a sniffling sound with her nose. "I lost five thousand dollars playing roulette and twenty-one." Her voice was very soft.

For a instant, Barry thought that he could turn her confession into an advantage for himself. He could fake being angry with her and then pull her chain for the next several days about her losses in the casino. But, on second thought, he realized that a marriage as fragile as theirs didn't need him to heap any more ridicule on top of her frail ego.

"Oh, only five thousand? You must not have done much gambling. Didn't you want to have any fun?" He said to her as a questioning look came across her face.

"What do you mean? I thought that you would be angry with me, lover." Carol was at a lost words. She thought that Barry would at least scold her for squandering their money so foolishly.

"Hey....its only money. And you are all that really matters to me." Barry said as he flashed a smile at her. "And besides, since I just won one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars in my poker game, I guess at that I can cover your losses."

Carol's mouth dropped opened. "You won one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars!" Her eyes were wide open as she looked him hard in the face.

He just smiled back at her and said, "Just lucky, I guess."

It seemed that all of Carol's worries about losing five thousand dollars just vanished in an instant.

"But, I expect to recover some of that five thousand dollars in the bedroom right now." He told her as he swept her up in his arms and walked toward the bedroom.

"What you would think of me if I gave you twenty thousand dollars worth of service tonight?" She giggled. All was very well with the Knolls.

Chapter 7

The New Estate:

Although Carol wanted to go back to work, Barry told her that he would rather have her stay at home and be the kept wife of a successful businessman. To keep her busy, her told her to start looking for a much larger house for them to live in. He also wanted it in a more prestigious area. Somewhere like Lake Forest or Barrington Hills. It would have to be an estate to match his stature in the business world.

The idea of shopping for a new house totally excited Carol. She had several prominent real estate agencies pull of the available estates in the seven to ten million dollar range. Carol spent the next several weeks driving around looking at a number of gorgeous homes. None of them gave her the feeling that she was looking for in her next house.

Finally, almost as a last resort, one of the agents took her to an older estate on the western edge of Barrington Hills. It was a ten acre estate with a large older house on it. The original owner had past away and the estate was being sold by his heirs. It had been vacant for almost two years. The heirs were anxious to sell the estate.

The house had a stately elegance about it. It would not appeal to anyone wanting a 'modern' abode. But, there was something about the house, the landscaping and the surrounding countryside that appealed to Carol. She wanted to put a bid in on the property.

That weekend, Barry accompanied Carol and the real estate agent. At first the house did not impress Barry. It would need a lot of renovation work in order for it to be a presentable house. But, Carol kept pushing the idea at Barry. His major objection was the distance from his office downtown. Carol told him that he could catch the commuter train at the Barrington Hills station and he could read and relax on the way to work.

Barry relented and they made an offer on the house. Five million dollars. The real estate agent was thrilled. Although the asking price was closer to seven million, she was sure that she could swing the deal. A week later, the Knolls owned a country estate.

Carol immediately jumped into the task of renovating the house. She hired interior designers and various construction companies to start making the older house into the new house for the Knolls.

Barry was glad to see that Carol was now involved in a very heady project. Her whole demeanor changed, she was very alive and full of energy as she tackled each project in the house.

As CEO of a Fortune 500 company, Barry was now sought after to join the Board of Directors of several large companies. He accepted the position for one of one companies, Fastcom, and rejected the other offers. He and Ted Swanson had become good friends after that poker game in Las Vegas.

Also, he was invited to join a Congressional Blue Ribbon panel on American industry. This panel included about a dozen other CEO's of industrial companies along with several Wall Street senior analyst. The purpose of the panel was to review all of the data available about industry in America and the rest of the world. Then they were to make recommendations to Congress on how America could best posture itself for growth in the next twenty to fifty years.

The GeoTex BoD encouraged Barry to accept the invitation and join the Congressional panel. Several of GeoTex's operations did business with the Federal Government. Barry's presence inside the beltway, could only be a negotiating plus for these operations.

Chapter 8

Carol's relapse

It was on one of Barry's three days trips to Washington D.C. that Carol had her first major confrontation with her PTR dysfunction.

Barry left for D.C. on Tuesday and was scheduled to return on Thursday evening. Carol was in the final stages of having all the renovations done to their new home. The contractors should be complete with the work in another couple of weeks. Then they would move from their present house to the new estate.

It was Wednesday morning, and Carol was on her way to the new house. She stopped for a traffic light at an intersection. Then she heard the screeching of tires before she felt the impact of a car slamming into the rear of her car. The impact pushed her car through the intersection.

Fortunately there were no other cars coming at that time. Stunned for a moment, Carol got out of her car and walked back to the SUV that had slammed into the back of her car. The woman in the SUV was almost in hysterics. She was crying very loudly as was the young infant strapped in the car seat. The air bag had deployed and was now deflated in front of the crying woman.

"My husband is going to be furious at me!" She was sobbing as tears raced down her face. "He's going to go through the roof. This is a brand new car." She kept wailing.

"Are you all right, lady?" Carol asked as she stepped next to the driver's door. "Is your youngster all right?"

The question seemed to snap the woman back to reality. She turned to see the infant in the car seat. The car seat had done its job properly. The infant seemed to be safe and secure. But, the shrill noise of both mother and child crying was starting to agitate Carol.

Carol could feel the stress and tension building in her mind. The woman was not letting up. She was screaming that it was all because she was trying to dial her cell phone. She didn't see Carol stopped for the red light until it was too late to stop safely. The wailing was getting to Carol's nerves. She walked away for the crying woman and back to her car. She could see that the rear bumper was badly damaged and the right tail light was smashed, other than that, her car appeared driveable.

She got into the front seat and dialed 911 on her cell phone to notify the police. As she heard the dispatcher's voice ask her what the emergency was, Carol's whole body began to shake. She quickly told the dispatcher about the accident and requested a patrol car to come to the scene. The dispatcher told her that a car would be there shortly. Carol closed her eyes as a strong feeling enveloped her.

It was as if something in her mind went snap. Her hands were trembling uncontrollably as she felt a deep arousal inside her. Her mind jumped quickly to the pages that she read in Dr. Lee's books.

"Any sudden traumatic event is capable of trigging a PTR episode in these women. The event does not have to be sexual in nature. It only had to be of sufficient trauma to cause the relapse."

For Carol, this accident had just triggered the dysfunction in her mind. It even surprised Carol that she was able to recognize the mental change that had just occurred in her psyche. It was a similar feeling to the one she experienced that Saturday night when she accepted Les' conditions for their affair. The same feeling she got in Dr. Lee's office as he flashed her nude photos in front of her.

Her fuck-slut persona was now in charge. She closed her eyes and placed her head back on the head rest. Vivid images of her fuck-slut sessions with her lover, flashed across her mind as she became more and more aroused.

A sharp tapping on the window startled her. She opened her eyes and saw a young handsome police office standing beside her car.

"Are you all right, mam?" He was asking as he indicated to her to roll down the side window. "Are you all right, mam?" He asked again as the window disappeared into the door.

"Yes, officer. I think I am. I don't feel any injury." Carol said as she looked intently at this handsome specimen of the male species. He excited and aroused her.

"May I see your driver's license and registration, mam?" He asked. Carol nodded to him and reached over for her purse. In the rear view mirror, she saw another police officer talking to the woman in the SUV.

"Mrs. Carol Knoll. Is this your current address?" He asked.

"Yes. But, we'll be moving in another month." Carol replied. As she looked at the officer, she had this urge to jump his body and suck his cock. Her entire body was tingling with aroused sensations

The officer wrote down all the information that Carol gave him and then he turned and walked back to his patrol car. Carol could see the two officers talking by their car. Thoughts of Les and Phil fucking her body all night raced through her mind as she watched these two officers. She was a bitch in heat.

Finally, the handsome officer returned to the side of her car. He handed back her license and registration. "This is an accident report sheet, mam. You should give a copy of it to your insurance company. It states that you were not at fault in this accident. It also has the lady's name and insurance company on it." He had a warm smile on his face as he asked her one last time. "And you are all right, correct mam? Do you feel capable of driving your car home?"

It took all of Carol's concentration to control her shaking hands. She finally told the office that she was ok and that she felt she felt that she could drive her car home. A voice in the back of her mind shouted out. "Ask him to throw your ass in the back seat and fuck your brains out!"

"Be careful, mam." The officer said as he walked away from her car.

Carol was still shaking badly. Her hands trembled and her breathing was very rapid. She started her car and turned around and headed back home. No way could she continue out to the new house. She needed someplace to hide.

Pulling into the garage, Carol bolted out of her car and ran up to the bedroom. In the closet were the two sealed boxes from their wedding day. She grabbed the box with the label: Photo Album - Video Tape. Taking the box with her she went into the den. As she sat on the floor with the box, she began to cry.

The realization of what happened just an hour ago was like a knife in her brain. That minor traffic accident was enough to cause her mind to relapse into a mental state that she thought she was strong enough to keep under control. She just found out that she wasn't that strong.

Slipping the video cassette into the VCR player, she turned on the TV and VCR player. Opening up her wedding album, she stared at the large photo in her wedding dress. The video began playing on the TV screen and Carol watched herself as she and her father walked slowly down the church aisle. She focused intently on the actions moving on the TV scene.

Carol sat cross legged on the floor holding the photo tightly against her chest. She rocked slowly back and forth like a little child.

"I, Carol Bastel, do take thee Barry Knoll to be my lawful husband." The smiling bride said to the handsome man standing beside her.

The tears gushed out of her eyes as she reached for the phone. She called Barry's cell phone. There was a recorded voice telling her that the cell phone was not in service and for her to leave a message.

"Oh god Barry, I need to talk to you. Something terrible has happened and I need to hear your voice. Please call me as soon as you get this message. I love you." It was a cry for help, filled with angst and tension.

Carol hung up the phone and rolled into a fetal position as the video continued to play out on the TV screen. Slowly as she rocked back and forth, she could feel her sexual arousal fading away.

She had remembered that Dr. Lee had used the same method to snap her out of the fuck-slut state that he had triggered with the photos of her sucking Les' cock. The video of her wedding day was having the same effect. By the time the phone rang two hours later, Carol's crisis had past. She had rocked herself to sleep. The ringing phone jarred back to consciousness.

"Hello." She said in a sleepy voice.

"Carol, I just got your message. What's wrong, honey? Are you all right?" Barry's voice on the other end brought her completely back to the present.

"Oh god Barry, its so good to hear your voice. I'm all right now. But, when I called you, I was fighting a relapse. I think I'm out of that state now." Carol said in a clear voice.

"You had another PTR episode? Was anyone else involved?" Barry was shocked.

"Yes, the episode was triggered by a minor auto accident this morning. I was rear-ended by a lady on her cell phone. Just minor damage, but the shock and trauma was enough to stress my mind into doing a flip-flop." She paused as she cleared her throat.


"Fortunately, I was able to drive home and get out our wedding video. That help me snap out of the fuck-slut state." Her voice and demeanor were back to normal once again.

"I'm coming home, darling. Nothing here but a lot of long winded assholes. I'll get the jet to fly out in the next hour. I should be home around seven o'clock." Barry said as he looked at his watch.

"Oh Barry, that would be so wonderful, but you don't have to leave if something important is going on back there." Carol replied as her heart sped up upon hearing that he was coming home.

"Nothing is more important than my wife. I'll see you around seven. Gotta go now."

"I can't wait for you to hold me in your arms, lover. Have a safe trip home." The world was becoming much better for her now.

Barry arrived home at six thirty. Carol greeted him at the door with a hug and a passionate open mouth kiss. She was very glad to see him, he was glad to hold her close to him.

After changing his business clothes, he and Carol retired to the den and began to talk about her episode earlier that morning.

"As much as I wanted to deny the fact that Dr. Lee diagnosed a latent dysfunction in my mental structure, I was faced with the reality of that this morning." Carol's voice was a soft and subdued.

"The accident wasn't that serious. I should have been able to shrug it off and just go about my business. But, the stress of it, the wailing of that distraught woman, her crying infant all seemed to build up to a traumatic situation that made me snap."

Barry didn't ask any questions or make any comments. This was confession time for Carol and he knew his job was just to listen.

"The most frightening thing about it, my love, is that if I were alone with a man, any man, at that time....I would have had sex with him. I don't believe I could have stopped myself. I even wanted to go down on the officer I was so sexually aroused at that time." She tilted her head backwards and let out a deep sigh before continuing.

"If I hadn't remembered that trick that Dr. Lee used to snap me out of the fuck-slut state that I was in at his office, I would have gone looking for someone to fuck." Carol started to cry. Barry just held her tightly as she sobbed quietly on his chest.


"Oh god Barry, I'm so frightened. This illness isn't going to go away no matter how hard I try to force it. Just thinking about my sexual desires this morning, makes me feel like I have been unfaithful to you again." More tears, more sobbing. "What happens the next time? Will I have the will power to get home without having a sex session with another man?"

Barry didn't have any answers for her. All he could do was hold her and comfort her. That evening their sex was almost sedate. No real passion from Carol. She seemed locked up inside herself. It was as if she needed to guard her emotions, even from her loving husband.

Another night of staring up at the ceiling for Barry. He remember the words that Jack had told him in one of his sessions: "First, I must tell you that I firmly believe that she deeply loves you and wants to continue as your wife. Yet, there is still this deep desire to have a dominant force in her life. Its almost like a right brain - left brain situation for her."

Jack had also told him that it would be impossible for one man to satisfy both states of mind for Carol. Sleep wasn't going to come easy for Barry.

Chapter 9

What to do next:

It was mid-morning, Friday when Barry finally decided on a course of action. He had spent the entire day yesterday staying home with Carol, helping to calm her. Still, she was a bundle of raw nerves. It was the realization in her mind just how susceptible she was to having a relapse. She would start crying every time that thought came into her mind.

Barry dialed Dr. Lee's office. Becky answered in her sweet voice.

"Hello Becky, is the doctor in? This in Barry Knoll."

"Oh hello, Mr. Knoll." Becky had recognized voice even before he told her his name. "No, Dr. Lee is not here at this time. He is lecturing to the senior class. Then he was a back-to-back lecture with the graduate students. He won't be back to the office for another two hours." She paused to see if Barry had any comments. "Should I go and give him a message that you called?"

"No, Becky. I'll either call back later or maybe just drive over and see the doctor later. Thank you anyway." His voice was calm and gave Becky no hints of what he wanted to see the doctor about.

"Very well, Mr. Knoll. I will tell Dr. Lee that you called. Anything else?" She asked, trying to probe a little more.

"No, Becky. That's all. You have a great day now. Bye" Barry said as he hung up. He leaned back in his chair and thought about what his options were. Then, he got up and told Carol that he was going to drive over and see the good doctor this afternoon.

1...345678