All Comments on 'A Desiring Arab Pt. 01'

by Scheherazade88

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
don't speak for muslim women sexuality

we in SEA never equate ourselves with Arab muslim sexuality-the way you Arabs treat women is not a universal culture in SEA-we always view you as an alien culture though we share the same faith-

Nur Alia

Scheherazade88Scheherazade88almost 10 years agoAuthor

I don't understand where the offence is, Nur Alia? This was a personal biography and i was taking about my own journey. Most Arab men do not mistreat their women, there are over 300 million Arabs in 22 countries, all very different from one another. No one glove fits all attitude defines them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thank you

for sharing some of your life with us. It takes some courage to expose oneself to the prejudice and misconceptions that are expected to appear when daring to speak freely.

Those complaining about the restricted place granted to women in islamic societies may be reminded that in christian societies and churches, too, women still have to fight for equality.

Myself, I'm a european male citizen and was raised in a conservative, catholic family. Today, I no longer consider myself truly christian. In my mind, respecting and not wronging my fellow humans comes before believing in any God/Goddess or religious doctrines.

Your piece title carries a Part-1. I'm looking forward to reading Part-2.

Scheherazade88Scheherazade88almost 10 years agoAuthor

I too look forward to reading part II, I haven't decided what it will be on yet. Thanks for your kind words.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
common sherade

you are in sufism-not after having being a prostitute and a slut-do you know how long does it take to initiate yourself into into sufism-not you though-come on sufism is not for the likes of you with your wanton atitude on zinah.Don't insult yourself as a muslimah with an atitude that sexuality and sufism can be mixed-your amarah stage belies your knowledge on this subject-you insult the whole muslim faith with your writings.

KelteriserKelteriseralmost 10 years ago
The last frontier

Hello. Loved your article.

It is a subject I have always been curious about and I found the article an education in terms of thought processes 'under the veil'. Look forward to other parts

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved Part One

I enjoyed reading about your sexual journey in a cultural context I'm not familiar with but intrigued by. Looking forward to Part Two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Islam and Sexuality Miscontrued

Anon-is right you should perform the taubah -I am not sure whether you are a Muslim or just an Arab. 300 million Arab is also not accurate -I would put it nearer to 180 million-do not include the turks,tartars,kurds,parsi and other non arabic tribes as arabs and not all Arabs are muslim- Sexuality which has no moral borders do not exist in the 3 judaistic religion.Shaherezade ,you are a common slut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Shaharezade88

You wrote on subjects of Muslim women sans border but do you really understand how other Non Arabic Muslim Women think about their sexuality? I bet you don't .Hence you should dwelt on yourself and do not speak on behalf of all Arab and other Muslim women. You thread on grounds where you are not qualified to represent.Just sppeak for yourself? The traits of stories you write are all about immoral women who happen to populate all nationalities and religion but you have one common character-

a "skank"sexuality.

Scheherazade88Scheherazade88almost 10 years agoAuthor

Hi,

Thanks for all the comments and especially the positive ones, but for those whom use the cloak of religion to attack me, I have one simple question. If sexuality is such a moral affront to you, then what are you doing here? You shouldn't even be on this website if you think like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Thank You for your openness and honesty !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved your post!!!

i love your honesty and courage to explore your sexuality instead of being blackmailed with hell fire in the afterlife...

please keep up the good work and continue on with your stories...

would LOVE to read your upcoming sequels!!!

Sal aka Jose the Dirty Sanchez!

FoolishdancerFoolishdanceralmost 9 years ago
I applaud both your courage and your honesty.

Yours is an amazing story. Although an atheist, I have always loved Hafez and Rumi. In my fantasy life though, I've avoided most ethnic themed stories and videos (I am a white male) because I don't want to fantasize about situations where women are being abused in the real world. I also love non-consensual themes in my fantasy life, but not in my real life. Thank you for discussing your journey and sharing it with us. I again applaud your courage and want you to know that I gain hope from it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

So what's the end of your story? Are you still sexual and a practicing Muslim Sufi? Or do you just write erotica as your only outlet now? The only reason I ask is because my spiritual journey has been just like yours. I'm a lebanese gay Muslim and I keep teetering from the hypersexual to the hyper religious and I can't find the motivation duke ground. I'm either feeling guilty or repressed all the time. Is it possible to believe in God as a gay person and not squash your sexuality? What's the answer?

darayyanadarayyanaover 8 years ago
Interesting and well written

Your story is well written, and I found it very interesting, since I don't think I've ever heard a woman from an Arab/Muslim background who also like latex etc. tell about her life before.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
☆☆☆☆☆ (4.95/5.0 = 99/100 = A+) You are a very intelligent person; i loved your essay (my cup of tea!)

:-)

Lost_YonderLost_Yonderalmost 5 years ago
Intrigued

Though it has been a few years since you posted, I must say your writings really strike a chord. First, thank you for sharing your own personal journey/awakening. Each of us are on a path, though few as dramatic and self-consciously pursued as your own. Your pushing the boundaries of your own bodily pleasures is intriguing and enticing. Second, as a non-Arab Muslim who has lived in the Arab world for a number of years, there is a raw truth to your writings that lays beneath the surface - but perhaps not as unique as one may expect. The guise of Islam immediately allows people to make sweeping assumptions about Muslims that are so out of touch with reality, yet remain so deeply embedded in our perceptions that we sit in judgment (positive or negative) based on those broad Orientalist images. Even those who attempt to critique you from within are doing it under the cloak of anonymity and sheer hypocrisy, as you point out.

In short, would love to read more of your literary explorations, your finding a voice and outlet for your inner "slut" :)

Power to you!

goo_neiggoo_neig3 months ago

Hello.

You experienced a long journey.

Filled with diversity.

Good.

I got my own journey.

I wish to tell from that.

I am Caucasian male, born in December 1971 in Belgium.

You are a free woman and you are not.

Just as I am a free man and I am not.

2006 Is the year my life started to change.

2024 that change is not yet complete.

Intelligent parents so intelligent children.

But now I am going, heading away from intelligence to spiritual.

- I had visions several years ago concerning life , soul and god.

I saw a soul from the heaven the Hindus call Nirwana coming to the earth starting first live.

Again to start humanity. I saw that that was driven by a god going to Nirwana.

Happens on other planets in the Universe too.

Obviously evolution as described, discovered by Darwin also happens.

One does not rule out the other. But their is the idea that it is one or the other.

The truth is the synthesis of both.

- I saw that live is the healing of the schism of the universe.

I understood that to mean that the creation of heaven and earth is a schism, a wound.

Condemnation is not a healing.

- Autumn 2023 I had vision concerning the creation of the universe.

When Isreal got attacked on their celebration of the creation of heaven and earth.

I saw a bunch of bobbles in a space grouped together.

One of them flew away of the group and came back.

I saw that it was attacked by a jealous brother.

Which reminded me of the Egyptian myth of the god Seth attacking his bother Osiris.

What I saw end as the story ends.

Peace between brothers. The gods , Universes merging with each other and with the primordial.

SOUL.

- I also saw a soul descending to the earth.

Before it reached the earth it split in male and female.

Me being the male side. The male soul twin.

- I saw my soul family as a tree.

I wish you harmony.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous