All Comments on 'A Different Thing Entirely'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
story?

Finish your damned stories!!!!

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 9 years ago
I Can See Both Sides...

but I have to agree with those that feel is it unfinished. There is quite a bit of uncertainty. Was it a set up? Laura's nonchalance after the act when she supposedly is reserved in front of others seems to indicate that it was. On the other hand, she gave Dean a surprised look when Jack began rubbing her tits, as if she expected him to stop it.

There was also her obvious belief that they were going to swap again. Based on her buildup, her shyness, blushing at comments, etc., that was a bit surprising. Furthermore, she never appeared to be a bit disturbed that the swap even happened. That was very strange.

The final uncertainty was what her reaction to Dean leaving would be. Would she be devastated or just happily move in with Jack and Kay. The fact that the story leaves the latter as a possibility is disturbing.

I do not need to see more revenge. What I would like is for some of the questions to be answered. As far as a happy ending is concerned, there can be none. There should be no reconciliation. Even if Laura did not plan the threesome and was liquored up and seduced, she still allowed it to happen, lied about it, and would probably do it again. For that and other reasons, I would like to read about her pain and devastation at losing Dean.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
What to finish?

There is anything to finish? She was a stupid cheating wife, that didn't understand his husband...He desappeared in the world, she could keep fucking their friends until they get tired of her...Then she can go whoring to the streets...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A troubling story

I gave it 5* even though I too thought it felt somewhat unfinished. I see no way to have a happy ending to this story, but would have liked to see some sort of closure. Where do Dean go, what did he do? Guess we just have to use our Imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Lazy authors write stories about people that can't possibly exist....

and it's boring. Not one of the four people in this story would, or could behave the way they did without having serious mental issues. Snooze.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loving it

a very interesting tale. Five stars.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Communication!

Why the hell Dean doesn’t tell Laura that he’s uncomfortable with what happened is beyond me!

If he had, MAYBE they could have talked it out, and she wouldn't have gone and played with Jack and Kay.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Re-Reading

I want to change my earlier comments.

I think Dean made it ABUNDANTLY clear that he was uncomfortable, for her to go off with Jack and Kay and have a threesome without his knowledge, ans then blatantly lie about it, is unforgivable.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 9 years ago
The pussy got what he deserved

Nothing Laura did that day should have been allowed; but he let it happen. I have no sympathy for the moron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
She's well rid of him.

This should've been in a nonconsent category. Why? Because of the RAPE, no stars for you buddy.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Rape?

She deserved it because she helped his wife CHEAT on him!

And Laura was TOTALLY out of line: She mentioned doing it again sometime, and he demonstrated a marked LACK of interest. For her to then go fuck Jack without him there and then LIE about it? He's the one well rid of HER!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
YES!

It IS a different thing entirely. Dump her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I liked the progression, but the violence at the end was a little too much.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 8 years ago

"Fascinated and in the heat of the naughty moment, it never crossed his mind to protest." - WTF? Why the fuck not? I sure would have, hell I would have said something when he reached around to her boobs!

"that you would probably want to do it again sometime?" - Meaning that SHE wants to do Jack again!

She obviously lied when she left the note that said she went "shopping" with Kay! Even if they didn't have sex (highly doubtful since she hasn't been getting any from Dean!), she clearly got together with Jack and Kay without him deliberately!

Good for him! Kay, Jack and Laura deserve every bit of grief that they feel!

On a side note, ASSUMING the initial swinging was truly spontaneous (which I somewhat doubt!), swinging should NEVER be "spur of the moment", it should be talked about first, with ground rules clearly established. One that I personally would want is closed doors so the couples can't watch their partner with the other person.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago

Pretty depressing, hopefully it will end better with him finding someone new to be happy with, obviously his wife became a size Queen.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago

Pretty depressing, hopefully it will end better with him finding someone new to be happy with, obviously his wife became a size Queen.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
He finally channeled his inner caveman

The Caveman can only be suppressed for so long. Realizing Laura had been taken from him, Dave's caveman could no longer be repressed.

This was a sort of Burn The Bastard AND the Bitch story.

Very erotic. I liked it.

Besides, all sexual activity has aggression and passivity associated with it.

So what's a little aggression among friends? And best friends at that.

Concritic123Concritic123over 7 years ago
He did open the door....

He needed to be really really clear to her that it was wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad story, but it happens...

Just answering a comment or two from below: Dean did NOT rape Kay. Their sex was consensual although the anal part was spontaneous and probably performed reluctantly by Kay, at first. Everything else, and apparently even the anal, was immensely enjoyed by both - especially Kay - who was very impressed with his stamina. She definitely had a great time, but I think Dean was too angry to really say it was enjoyed. He wanted to do something Kay would be impressed with, something she might brag about - so I guess he was happy in that respect.

Dean was paying back Kay, Laura, and Jack for the threesome they held behind his back. Laura is now guilty of cheating on Dean; she had sex with two others, without his knowledge or approval, and then lied about it to try keep it secret. Also, I'm sure we'll find that she had planned it in advance, although we still don't know if Jack and Kay were aware Dean had been deliberately misled. So Jack paid by getting belted in the mouth with a beer bottle and knowing Dean laid some serious pipe to his wife. Laura will hear about all this of course, she'll realize Dean knows of her lie, she'll feel perhaps some jealousy for Kay's afternoon of sex with her husband, but most of all, Dean is in the wind. I doubt she'll feel that extra sex behind his back was worth losing her husband.

Personally, I believe a marriage is already in it's death throes when a husband and wife decide to start swapping. In this story though, it was done spontaneously so it probably shouldn't reflect on what their marriages were at the time - but it will now. From what I understand about the lifestyle, things like this must be decided upon over a period of time, both spouses have got to be completely honest with each other at all times, rules have to be decided upon and agreed to, and even then - after all that planning - many marriages will die due to this arrangement. I cannot imagine anyone believing their marriage can be fixed by having sex with others. I've heard many claim that very thing, but it's only because they were enjoying themselves - independently - and weren't yet aware of the damage being done to the husband/wife relationship. Swapping makes interesting fodder for many categories on this site, it's a fun fantasy, but like most fantasies - it should remain a fantasy only.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 7 years ago
It has an ending!

It's a short story, not a novel. Their relationship ended, their friendships ended, his life in that town ended, and the story ended. The End. If you need more, imagine it on your own! Write it down if you want. Show it to others if you're brave. Post it on line if you're masochistic. Otherwise, tip your hat to the author and say thanks for a good read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Seemed very real

I could really see this happening, including the result

My wife and I came close to something like this a couple of times. Alcohol and other mood enhancers can break down many barriers, especially combined with some scantily clad beach or pool time. The stopper was that I may have liked the wife but she wasn't attracted to the guy, or she liked the guy but i wasn't into the wife. Sometimes I felt that the guy was such a puke that I didn't want him touching my wife, and sometimes my wife felt the same about the woman. With four people there are just so many variables and no one should have to "take one for the team".

It's probably just as well.

This is a very well written story, even if it didn't have a very happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Second comment

As I went for a run this afternoon, I kept turning this story over in my head. It is really one of the best stories I have seen on this site. I really liked the setup, which was very believable. The buildup to the sex might have been better if it was drawn out a little more and the sex scene could have been longer and more descriptive.

The sad ending was something of a disappointment. These stories always seem to end with someone being hurt or a victim.

I think that an experience like this could very well end up as a very positive thing. "Boy we were really drunk. That can never happen again" is the perfect out. "That was different, exciting, and a whole lot of fun. Ben there, done that, don't need to do it again" is a pretty safe reaction. Even "that was fun, lets do it again" could be OK if the couple agree on what's OK and what's not OK and can trust each other to abide by that.. Marriage is more about trust and honesty than about whose penis goes in whose vagina. At the very least, an experience like this could be stored in the memory bank for those cold nights, either solo or as a couple.

At least Dean didn't turn in to some humiliated, limp dick, creampie eating POS who can only get hard watching his wife fuck someone else.

I guess I'll read part 2 now.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 6 years ago
A different story?

I read ch 01 and ch 02, While I enjoyed the story, it seemed quite contradictory from one ch. to the other. in the first, Jack and Laura seemed to be one step ahead of Dean and Kay. on the second Jack and Laura claim they were following Deans actions. one thing though, while Dean and Kay were finished within minutes, (which seem about right, given the circumstances,) but yet Jack was still going down on Laura, then he took another fifteen minutes to finish? seems Jack knew already what Laura liked and wanted. In this (ch 01) he Dean asked Laura two times how she had liked it with Jack, and she lied to him. in the next ch. Laura says Dean never asked her and he didn't want to talk about it. here! he says they had sex once, in the next ch. she says thery didn't. Another thing. If Jack was able to go for fifteen minutes with Laura on supossedly their first time? why would Kay need that special cream to make him last longer? I think that cream was just a good idea they though up to fool Dean. So was shy Laura ok with going around nude in front of every guy that had gotten into her? or was it just in front of Jack and Kay? Dean was gone a week yet Laura had kept hanging around Jack and Kay knowing they were the problem she was having with Dean. don't make sense. I think there's something to this story you're not telling about Jack and Laura. How did Jack know Dean was home that first night? And why did Laura made sure Dean would answer the door? And what were Jack and Kay doing at the hospital with them? also. How did Laura know that Kay was not going to tell Jack what she had done with Dean before he left? If Dean had just told Laura that night? there has to be more to this than what you're telling, there's a lot more questions I have but I think I just cut it short.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good reaction

I agree with marksman that the revenge was a.little too gentle, but the.ending was.fine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
seemed realistic

With all the swapping stories here, this one seems like a more realistic ending to a relationship. Playing with fire and all that...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
MAN OR WOMAN SEX AND LOVE ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS

MAN HAS TO ASK HER OUT -MAN HAS TO PAY- MAN HAS TO PUT HIS LIFE SECOND-THESE ARE THE FEMINIST RULES THAT THEY FIGHT FOR.

SHE HAS TO WHAT IN TODAY'S AGE, SHE CAN SAY NO-SHE COULD PAY AT THE BAR-SHE COULD RISK HER SANITY TO SAVE HIS LIFE- THE FEMINIST RULES THAT THEY DONT FIGHT FOR...EQUALITY MY ASS

MEN VS WOMEN, ONCE SHE STEPS OUT IT IS OVER, ONCE HE STEPS OUT SHE STILL GETS HIS MONEY AND THE HOME, MEN NEVER BRING A WOMAN TO THE HOUSE...ONLY WOMEN DO THAT, MEN NEVER SAY IT WAS NOT CHEATING..MEN WHEN THEY FUP HAVE TO DO AND SHOW, WOMEN JUST CRY IN EVERYONE OF THESE STORIES.....WHY?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What swinging leads to

Husband was a moron. What did he think swinging was going to lead to? He let them open pandora’ Box so he is an idiot too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Dean was never mentally prepared for any of the emotional turmoil he experienced. In fact, with his family history, he was predisposed to having a breakdown and explosion because of it. So I’m not surprised at how he responded to every thing that happened. I am curious about the others points of view, but it doesn’t really matter to this story. I do think that he is heading to a full blown mental breakdown though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The good ole "It just happened!"

Seems like a lot of folks would be happier if there was less going on.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Thank you for this story

This story really helps me fall asleep

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Going into nearly a rape for the ending you messed up everything. This brings down anything that you build the character of "Dean" for. All of a sudden he is a cretin and a rapist while your story becomes garbage.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again, this was a.much better story than the three that I read previously.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

MMMMMMMM it’s not funny being out of your mind about a woman, but this is a good well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Still need to burn Lauren for a proper ending.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

not bad, after all, "it is a different thing entirely" LOL wonder how many kids from divorced family's end up faithful to their spouses?

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy59about 2 months ago

Not good enough. There needs to be aftermath.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES