A Fall of Night

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For a moment longer the gathered men watched, then, one by one, the performance was repeated. White, blue, gold, red, green, purple, the dragons took to the air, twisting and soaring above - each setting forth in a different direction - until she and Nick were left alone in the courtyard, peace returning.

"Nick?" She gripped his hand tightly.

He turned to look at her, his eyes sad. "Sorry, Dorien."

"My God... Oh, my God."

He smiled sadly. "Told you that you might change your mind."

She shook her head, swallowing hard. "So, are you a dragon that takes human form, or a man who takes the shape of a dragon?"

"Nobody knows. My mother was entirely human, if that helps. All dragons are male, born of human women..."

"My God," she said, shaking her head, struggling to take it in.

"Come on, I'll take you home."

She held his hand, stopping him. "No, wait. I want you to know, this changes nothing - not between us," she said, looking up at him. "I loved you before this and I love you now - don't you see?"

He looked at her, searching her eyes. She gripped his hands, facing him. "Nick, I'm sorry for what I did, really sorry. But I believe that we are meant to be together, this doesn't change that."

He laughed then. "Don't tell me you love a two-storey lizard?"

She pulled him close, folding his arms around her. "No. I love you, Nick," she said, looking up at him, face vulnerable, her lips slightly open.

He kissed her, deeply, passionately, his tongue wild in her mouth.

"Besides," she breathed when they finally broke apart, "I always had a bit of a thing for Godzilla."

He led her back towards the portal, laughing, his arm looped over her shoulder.