All Comments on 'A Family Feud'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
cute

a little stuffy, but cute. THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You continue to better your stories

to my Great Appreciation.

Alan

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Too much "Dear Reader"

A good story but one "Dear Reader" is one too many.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
I assume?

I suss that this story was based in Australia? Or New Zealand? Even Canada?

From the lack of casualties it definitely is not the United States! A few years ago I was reading about one blood feud.

If I remember correctly, it started in 1803 over who shot an elk and could take the meat. Doesn't sound like much? Well think about it. That is a lot of meat for a hungry family. When there are no stores or shops or supermarkets within months of slow, painful walking. And you'd have no cash money to buy anything with, anyhow.

The way I remember it. The feud was officially considered ended about 1930, 127 years later, when the men of one family ambushed the last three men of the other family and shot them to pieces.

And before you going blaming this all on testosterone......

The author recounted an incident a few years before the end when their had been a bloody melee. One of the young men who escaped, was seriously wounded. He managed to crawl into his mother's shack, complaining of his wounds.

His own mother snapped at him something like; "Stop whining and die like a man just as your brother did!" So he did.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Well done

Connecting all the diverse strings to arrive at a solution was brilliant -

I was beginning to wonder if there was a rooster in the hen house when it seemed the two looked so similar.

Senior819Senior819over 8 years ago
ONLY 5?

Sorry but the powers that be would only allow this yank to give it five stars but in the jist of things it deserved more. I loved it.

Senior819Senior819over 8 years ago
by the way.

Just a little side note. Write some more. I have read just about everything you have posted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Cute

Cute story. Have enjoyed your writing. Thank you.

Richard1940Richard1940almost 3 years ago

Love the story but I'm sure the McCoys had their feud with the Hatfields

woodrangewoodrangeabout 1 year ago

Right that's number 5 of 211, highly enjoyable reading.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...