All Comments on 'A Less Than Perfect Family X-mas'

by pointless

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Awwww!

Slightly sad, very sweet, truly hot. Loved it.

PhineasPhineasalmost 14 years ago
So much potential

But this story was painful to read. It has some great stuff hidden within it though, I promise you that.

Make the adjectives go away, firstly. Not too bad on them, but they are there and they are bothersome.

Maintain a point of view. That's the biggest one to be found. Or, if you must switch the POV in such a short story put a clear scene break to forewarn the reader.

Finally, and this is a biggy too, show the reader, don't tell them. Show how things are happening and let the reader experience it first hand - almost as though they were a fly on the wall. Telling us what happens is not exciting.

You've got some really great dialogue, but all the adjective laden introspection behind it hurts it. That and I recall a fair amount of redundancy as well that could be cleaned up.

I'm writing this comment not to be spiteful, but to offer critiquing help. Obviously I liked something in this story, and I think it could be really good if it was cleaned up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous