A Love Defined

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, and for you, miss?" Katie turned her attention to Kyla.

"I'll have the same. Thank you, Katie." Kyla nodded.

"Alright, I'll be right back with those." She turned and walked away leaving them once again to their own devices.

"The way they describe everything in this menu I am not sure what I want to try," Kyla remarked. "It all looks delicious. Do you have a favorite?"

"Hmm lemme think," Landon was thoughtful. "Do you like fish?" Kyla nodded her reply. "I would suggest the blackened tuna steak then."

"Okay, then that's what I will have."

"Here you are," Katie returned with their drink orders. "Have you decided what you would like?"

Kyla looked over at Landon who nodded and Kyla also gave an affirmative reply.

"I'm going to have the rosemary chicken with a house salad and the house dressing." Katie scribbled down Landon's order. "And can I see your wine list?"

"Absolutely, and for you?" She handed him the wine list she was holding under her arm and then turned her attention to Kyla.

"I will have the blackened tuna steak with a Caesar salad." Kyla handed her the menu.

"Okay you guys, I will get that in for you right away and be back with your salads and bread."

"Would you like to see the wine list," he handed her the menu and she accepted it. "So Kyla, are you excited about Monday?"

Landon took a sip of his tea which was actually better than he'd expected.

"Yes and a little nervous as well" She looked up at him and smiled.

"You'll do great, trust me."

"I noticed they serve wines from the Donovan Winery," she pointed to the menu. "Have you ever been there?"

"No, I can't say I have, but I typically order their Chardonnay. It's one of my favorites."

"I was going to do the same," she replied.

"Well, great! Why don't we just order a bottle?" Landon suggested. Kyla smiled and nodded in agreement.

Katie came back by the table and Landon placed their wine order with her and told her they would be fine if she brought it out with the meal.

He then turned his attention back to Kyla. "I imagine you are also pretty excited about being able to be with Calvin and Iris."

Her enthusiasm made him smile. "I was so happy when I got the call about the position. I have really missed Calvin and Iris and Kenya."

"Well, I can definitely tell they have missed you too. You guys seem really close from what I can tell with the way Calvin talks about you." Kyla smiled at the thought of her uncle.

"We really are."

"So are you related to Calvin on your father or mother's side," he inquired.

"Calvin is my father's youngest brother. He is only 15 years older than me. In fact, he used to live with us up until I was about 3 or 4," she began. "We were inseparable and then he went to college and met Iris. After that, he moved for his job here and my parents divorced around the same time. My mom moved to New York for her job leaving me with my dad, but then he was pretty busy too, so Calvin and Iris arranged with my parents to have me stay with them so I didn't have to worry about sitters and moving every six months to a new school. I guess they were kinda my backup parents. Then I went to finishing school in Paris for my last two years of high school. After that, it was college and I spent my summers traveling. So that's my story in a nutshell. What about you? What's your story?"

Landon had listened to Kyla's account of her life with Calvin and Iris, but something told him that there was more to that story then just the simple words she'd used. It wasn't the right time to delve deeper now, but he definitely wanted to know more about her.

"Well, I am originally from Texas-" He was briefly interrupted by Katie's return with their salads and bread.

He waited until she left and then resumed. "I have a twin sister and there are six kids in my family altogether. We are spread out all over the county, and we usually see each other during the holidays mostly. I used to help my dad build houses in the summer which is how I got interested in this line of work and I have been here in this area for four years. So you lived in Paris for awhile, huh?"

Kyla nodded her reply and waited until she had swallowed her first bite of salad to answer. "Yes, I really liked it there too. That's how I got interested in architecture and buildings. I got to do some traveling to other countries with friends, and it was really a great time. Have you done any traveling overseas?"

"No, but it's on my bucket list," he smiled and took a bite of his salad.

"I liked that movie," Kyla grinned at his movie reference to The Bucket List.

"Me too"

He smiled and watched her as she took another bite of her salad. Her smile could light up an entire room, and she had this adorable button nose and kissable full lips. 'God she was pretty' he thought to himself. And it wasn't just one thing that made her so attractive. It was everything. Landon was not the type of guy that got caught up in a girl, but she definitely had his full attention.

Her beauty was all natural and that was different in comparison to most of the women he went out with. She was a breath of fresh air and cultured yet innocent. One thing was for sure, he knew he liked talking to her.

Dinner seemed to go by way too quickly as they talked about their college careers and interests. It turned out that they liked a lot of the same things and had very similar ways of thinking. Kyla had learned that Landon was in fact a former football star and had gone to college on a scholarship.

He was never interested in going pro, but he had considered joining a semi-pro league. For now, he was content to coach one of the local little league teams. Kyla liked that he worked with kids. Landon could definitely see Calvin and Iris' influence on her.

He was surprised when she told him she was turning 23 in two months. He had almost forgotten that she was a recent graduate because of how mature she was. Hell, he dated women 10 years older than her who didn't have the same level of maturity and sophistication she seemed to possess. Yes, she had initially come off as shy, but as she warmed up to him he was getting a better feel for her and he liked what she presented.

"I had such a great time and thank you for introducing me to Rosa's," Kyla told him as they exited the restaurant.

She lightly touched Landon's arm and her touch made his cock twitch. He managed to keep his composure as they walked leisurely back towards where his vehicle was parked.

"Well, thank you for having dinner with me, Kyla. I really enjoyed it also." He turned to face her and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Do you think we could do it again some time?"

"You mean like go on a date," she asked quietly.

"Yes," Landon looked her directly in the eye. "I think you are a beautiful woman, funny, sophisticated and I would like to get to know you." Kyla felt her heart beating fast. She could hardly believe that a hunk like Landon was actually asking her out. Inside she was screaming and doing the happy dance.

"I'd really like that, yes." She grinned up at him. For a moment, she was lost in another world and almost didn't hear the sound of her cell phone ringing inside her purse. "It's Uncle Calvin." She read the caller id after she retrieved the phone.

"Uncle Cal? Hi, how is Aunt Iris?" Landon watched intently as the expressions on Kyla's face changed and she sounded her replies.

"Yes, I had a wonderful time with Landon, thank you." She finally spoke words. Her face perked back up. "I will see you tomorrow. I love you too."

"How's Iris?" Landon's brow furrowed with concern as he watched her put her phone back in her purse.

Kyla took a deep breath. "Well, the doctor doesn't think they are going to have the baby by tonight. He said they were doing really good at first, but there hasn't been much change in the intensity of her contractions for a little while. She is fully dilated, but the baby is moving at his own slow pace. Guess he figures he'll get here when he's ready." She shrugged and gave him a slight smile.

"You okay," Landon placed a hand on her shoulder. He could tell something else was bothering her.

She nodded, "I just would feel better if I could see her. Uncle Cal said she wanted me to have a good time and not to worry, but Iris is like a second mom to me. Of course, I am going to worry."

Landon resisted the urge to pull her close to him. She had such a big heart, and he hated seeing her sad and worried. There was only one thing left to do.

"Come on," Landon's grabbed her hand and picked up the pace towards the truck. "I have something that will make you feel better."

"Where are we going?" She had to take two steps for every one of his long strides.

"We're going to see Calvin and Iris," he announced as he opened her door and helped her inside. He closed the door before she could say anything or protest.

When he climbed in next to her, he was about to fasten his seatbelt when she touched his arm.

"Landon, wait." She breathed for a moment and then looked into his eyes. For a moment, she almost forgot what she wanted to say. "You have been very kind today. But I couldn't ask you-" Before she could finish her thought he leaned in and softly placed his lips against hers.

She stiffened against him in surprise but then gave into the feelings inside her. Her eyes closed instinctively and she accepted his kiss. Tenderly, he moved over her mouth prodding her to open up to him which she did willingly. His tongue gently explored her mouth and the sensations of his touch were doing things to Kyla that she didn't recognize.

When he finally pulled away from her, Kyla opened her eyes and noticed that his had become a deeper shade of emerald. "I'd do anything just to see you smile again. Most importantly though, I understand what you are feeling. When my sister had my niece, I felt exactly the same way. We had shared every major moment in each other's lives and I wanted to be there."

He cupped her face with his hand and paused. "I'm also not quite ready for this time with you to end." His touch was so warm and gentle and she closed her eyes at the feel of him. He had taken her breath and her words away, and all she could do was nod her reply.

As they drove to the hospital, Kyla couldn't believe how great she felt. She had met a really nice guy completely due to uncontrollable circumstances and would be going on her first real date ever in the near future. Maybe her luck was finally changing.

12