Book 01: A Match Made Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Has it always been like this with you and your kids, baby?" I laughed.

"Oh god no!!" My mind wandered. "You go from being their everything to school and all the drama that comes as they get older. Then the lunacy that is hormones and middle school." I shook my head. I looked at Kara. "I'm sure you have your miserable memories of those god awful years like I do." The nod was beyond expressive. Good!

"You read stories, see them on TV, and... you just hope that your kid doesn't give in to the bullshit and kill herself."

"It's that bad?" I shrugged.

"I'm probably lucky that Rachel wasn't around for the Twitter craze." I looked out at the water. "I'm going in the water. Are you coming with?" Sexy bounded to her feet and followed me in something of a giggly sprint.

The water was wet and warm enough. I dove in and swam. When I'd had enough I stood, smoothed back my hair and looked for you. I turned left and right. Nothing! Panic!!!! I felt a bite on my leg and screamed. Blonde burst through the waves and laughed. I wanted to kill he but I had to laugh. She had sorta done the Saturday Night Live 'Shark' thing on my calf. Cute short she hugged taller older me. Does any of that crap matter to two who love each other? Nah!

"Are we gonna get married?" I never saw it coming. I love her like I draw a breath and I swear I never saw it coming.

I answered honestly. "Yeah, I could see us getting hitched." I better fess up. "I have to tell ya, Kara. After... him, I'm not all that hot to trot on the... stuff... that... well, who knows." I shook my head. "You're not him." Kara laughed like the mad woman she is. So did I; why not right? The conversation ended there -- for now.

When we were finished in the water and with the sun we toweled off, put on our shoes, and headed off the beach and up the ramp. I'd let you know that blondie did her thing -- but no.

"It's only 40 miles per hour but geez there's a lot of cars. And it's not like there's a lot going on this weekend."

"I know." I slid my hand to her bottoms and cupped kitty. "Let's head to the car." Kara's head on my shoulder and the groan was her assent. We walked. And talked.

"I'm pretty sure there's a store somewhere near Diversey and Halsted where we can buy those bracelets. Could we stop on our way back to the condo?" You adorable creature you!

"Of course we can!!" I gave my girl a kiss. We had cleared the pedestrian bridge and were headed to the car.

*

Author's Notes:

This is the fifth of what will be six chapters. It's pretty lengthy but my readers seem to enjoy that.

If you're just finding me, thank you. If not, thank you. I'm sincerely grateful for all those who take the time to read the stories I create. Anyone who favorites a chapter or me gets a little note. This is an amazing community with some wonderful writers. People tell me they enjoy my writing. I'm both pleased and humbled. I never take any of you for granted. I love to write. I hope that comes across.

A story of this length is likely to have a few words misspelled. I write, I edit, and I have someone very capable proof. And still things get missed. Please make allowances for the human factor.

If you are interested in a little more 'Vixen,' please check my bio. And won't you please vote... and please consider leaving a comment. I honestly don't mind constructive criticism. It can and does help. You can email me through the site if you care to. I promise to respond. I adore interaction with those who choose to read my stories. It makes writing so much more fun. Thanks to all!! ~ AVL ~

1...345678