A Ride to Heaven and Back Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At the police station they were able to see Dev, but the man they had talked to first had made it clear that he would be spending the night in jail. "Him and the other fellow both, they'll go up before the judge tomorrow and tell you the truth, I don't see him having to stay past then, even with the guy yelling the way he is that Mr. Morris tried to kill him. Think if it had been my girl he was trying to force himself on, I'd of reacted the same way your fiancée did, whatever past history they had."

Dev pulled her close the minute they were able to see each other, and looked over her head at Jack. "Thanks Jack, this is another one I owe you." He stroked her face, and lifted it up to his. "Did he hurt you baby?"

"Not physically, just with his words..." She had needed to tell the officer that had been taking statements what Sasha had said and how the fight had broken out. "Dev..." She felt close to crying and her voice cracked as she spoke his name.

"Hey, no crying now, it's just one night and we'll be fine, but you better call your mom tonight and tell her we'll be delayed getting up north. And tell her that we'll be making a side trip on the way, I'm getting a ring on your finger as soon as I can honey, that way if we run across any other men you've met who feel the same way he did, I have an even better excuse for wanting to kill him."

The shock she felt was reflected in her mother's voice that night when she called home.

"Reni, you can't be serious, marrying a man you barely know. Who is he, what kind of man is he? And to attack a friend of yours in that way, he must have a terrible temper. No, I won't have it, you have to come home now, your father is sick, and I need you here. Tomorrow you will get on a plane and come home at once."

For the first time in her life, Reni disobeyed her mother. "No mom, I won't. First reason being that you know I can't fly, the second being that I love Dev. It's true I haven't known him very long, but believe me, he is a good man, and I know when you meet him you'll agree with me. Mom, you and dad, you raised me to follow my dreams, to reach out and grab life with all I had in me. Well, since meeting Dev, I am, he's what I want and I can't let him go now."

Her mother's voice softened as she spoke. "So, you really are in love. I thought at first you might be in love because of who he is, what he is. But if that was the case you would be letting me tell you what to do and not thinking twice about it. Alright honey, do what you will, but try to be home as soon as you can. And tell this young man that I will tolerate a Reno wedding, but that I will also be planning one here. After all, you are the daughter and heir of Banks Electronics. We have a position to maintain..."

Reni laughed at the haughty tone in her mother's voice. "Yes mom, I don't think he will mind. After all, he is the owner of DM Trucking..."

12