All Comments on 'A Sentimental Heart Ch. 02-03'

by totallyatease

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 12 years ago
True to its title, the story is very sweet.

I look forward to learning about what makes these characters tick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good start

I am enjoying this... you just need to get yourself an editor to help smooth out some of your grammar and punctuation - cute story though

PeachButterflyPeachButterflyover 12 years ago
Sweet

Very sweet story. Can't wait to see where this story goes...

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I am completely confused trying to determine the ages

We first meet these folks at a party hosted by Marcus, Miranda is a designated driver, and Peter and his mates do get a bit tipsy.

" . . the door was pushed open and Peter staggered in, followed closely by Rick and Craig. "Ok sis we're ready when you are." His slur was only slight . . . "

Was this a company party? Did Peter work for the Company?

flash forward 6 years and Peter is working as PA to Marcus and we learn,

"As Miranda studied her with interest she guessed her age to be about twenty two, making her a couple of years younger than Peter, and about four years younger than herself."

Amanda = 22

Peter = 24

Miranda = 26

Marcus = ??? but older than the others.

So Peter was 18 at the first party. Miranda 20

And at some earlier time

"after mum and dad died suddenly like that, in that crash, and I was only half way through college..."

Peter was already half way through college at an undetermined time, and, thanks to insurance he stays on, not required to drop out and seek employment, all while before 18? Marcus was the acting host, but we do not know for whom he was acting. And at 22ish Amanda is just now getting her driving permit.

Sorry, it just seems a bit chaotic and jumbled.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
LOL...cliffhanger ending indeed!

You (the author) are a master of the cliffhanger ending! You get your readers so deep in the story that the sudden ending comes as a shock. I found myself giving the obligatory gaps and saying noooo.....he has to kiss her now!!! {{{Laughing at myself}}} OK...so I'm a totally hopeless romantic...sue me. This story is still as engaging and well written as the rest of the author's work that I have read. The characters are alive and have depth to them. The reader cannot help but be sympathetic to them and want things to turn out well for them. When you add in the author hitting almost every romance button dead on, well, it makes this story a winner of a romance. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertotallyatease@totallyatease
Update: September 15 2014. I have just submitted chapter one of a short story that I have written. It is called A Lady's Dilemma, and it will be a romance - eventually. It is a little bit of fun that I hope you will enjoy. I am currently self publishing some of my longer stor...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES