A Sentimental Heart Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers

"I beg your pardon?"

He reached out and pulled her to her feet.

"You would... I can't believe that you'd even contemplate it!"

His arms were tight around her waist -- holding her firmly against his body.

"Marcus, I don't know what you're talking about -- you're not making any sense to me!"

"You're serious about it aren't you? You really plan to leave... to leave me!"

Her shoulders slumped and some of the light seemed to die in her eyes.

"I think that it's for the best."

"Best for whom exactly?"

"Everyone... me... you?"

"How could it be best for me -- I'm used to having you at the end of the corridor, I'm used to seeing you every day, I'm used to having you in bed with me -- I've missed that these last few nights -- I've missed you Miranda -- and now I hear from Peter that you are going to move away!"

Her eyes filled with tears, he missed having her in his bed, he missed the convenience of her -- like a comfortable old coat!

"You sabotaged my job!" she accused him.

"Of course!" he was remorseless about it -- smug in fact. "I wasn't going to let you anywhere near a man like Bob Craine!"

"He seemed... nice," Miranda pouted. "I liked him!"

Marcus laughed. "Well of course you did... everyone likes Bob Craine... especially the women!"

Miranda looked at him in surprise Marcus had sound almost... jealous then?

"Marcus?" she whispered uncertainly and his eyes softened.

"God you're beautiful!" he murmured huskily, as he pulled her tighter and then bent to capture her lips.

Miranda clung on to him and simply savoured the contact -- for a full minute, before pulling back abruptly.

"What do you want from me Marcus?" she demanded tearfully, she had tried to break away from him, and here he was raking it all up again for her!

She would have pulled away altogether -- but Marcus was having none of that as he held on to her firmly.

"Everything!" he growled out savagely. "I want everything that you have to offer -- your body, your mind... and your heart!"

"Oh how I wish that you would talk sense Marcus!" Miranda exclaimed, as she fought back the hope that had leapt into her heart at his words.

"Amanda came to see me just after Peter had left, she told me that she had been to see you..." he was rambling along, and making very little sense still, but Miranda guessed that he needed to say this and so she remained silent and still in his arms.

"When my father took ill, you were there Miranda; when I couldn't think straight and my family needed me -- you were there to guide me, you have always been there just waiting for me to need you -- and never asking for anything in return..." his arms tightened again for a moment as he looked into her eyes, almost as though he was begging her to understand.

"I'm in love with you Miranda, I fell in love with you all those years ago, the first time that I set eyes on you -- but now as I've gotten to know you better, I've grown to love the woman that you are, you are the most wonderful person that I've ever met, and you would make me the happiest of men; if you would agree to take me on -- and make me a better man -- will you commit to me, pour all your energies into me, give up you future to me... will you marry me Miranda?"

His words -- so heartfelt -- so wonderful -- so...

She smiled up at him tearfully as every slushy mushy movie that she'd ever watched, become true and real for her.

"Oh yes Marcus... yes please, you see I love you too... so very very much!"

She had told him before that she loved him, but that had been in the heat of her passion and so Marcus had managed to shrug it off.

But now when she said it so simply and sincerely, Marcus wanted to shout out loud with joy, instead he rewarded her with the deepest, but gentlest kiss that he could manage... and by the time that he let her go again, they were both shaking.

"The fact that you are beautiful, and incredibly hot, is just a bonus that I have to make the most of..." he said almost conversationally. His eyes darkened though and Miranda felt her own excitement bubbling up in response. "Let me take you to bed," he whispered gruffly. "I have this need to make slow love to you."

She gave a little shiver as she silently led him up the stairs, it had only been a few days since their last encounter, but it seemed like a lifetime.

Once they were in her bedroom, he tenderly began to remove her clothes, stopping occasionally to touch her, or stroke her, or kiss her flesh as it was revealed to him once more.

He was so delicate, and so gentle with her, that by the time that she was naked, he had already driven her to one orgasm.

He had watched as Miranda's eyes darkened and her lips parted on a soft gasp, he knew that if he took that hard little nipple into his mouth that she would crumble.

He just could not resist, and her groan and her whimper, was the most beautiful sound that he had ever heard, he held her tight around her waist as her knees buckled on her; his support was the only thing keeping her upright as her climax robbed her off her strength for a few moments.

The bed was just behind her and he guided her to it firmly.

Miranda lay watching as Marcus quickly shed his own clothes before joining her on the bed, and as he wrapped his strong arms around her -- she knew that she was home, that all the empty years of just drifting along were over.

She smiled at him as another wave of happiness washed over her.

"Thank you for loving me!" she whispered softly.

Hours later Marcus rolled over on to his back, and gave a deep sigh of contentment, and then lay still.

She thought that he had gone to sleep -- he was so still.

"There is just one thing," Marcus said suddenly.

"Hmmm?" Miranda peered up at him sleepily, and for a moment he was tempted to just forget about everything else.

"Your brother said that he wouldn't be back tonight..."

"Hmm," she agreed with a little nod.

"So... just where was he going -- that was going to keep out all night?"

Her eyes opened wide and she peered nervously up at him.

"Oh yes... about that...."

totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers
12