All Comments on 'A Tale Of Many Mistakes Ch. 02'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 13 years ago
5 stars!

This is literotica at it's best. Please be quick wit part 3.

OccasionalReaderOccasionalReaderover 13 years ago
Great piece!

I have very much enjoyed your writing. You depict a believable character with real emotions and responses; you paint a decidedly vivid depiction of a guy dealing with his life falling apart around him. Thank you for giving us this story and for showing that there are still new authors who are worthwhile. Unfortunately many new authors choose to go down the road of a sexually excited cuckold protagonist, most definitely NOT my cup of tea, or are chased off by the numerous readers who leave scathing feedback. Thank you for writing a quality story and for braving the would be literature critics who are out to hunt heads. I look forward to your next chapter with great anticipation.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
If this is literotica at it's best then I'm fucking Shakira tonight...

....the only thing I can say applauding this effort is the placement of the obligatory "how we met" reminiscence. Not being integral to the story it was easy to skip. I don't mind the minor writing errors or the fact that though I interpret NWT to mean Northwest territories(must be wrong)- English does not appear to be your forte. I cannot take a story seriously when the protagonist behaves like a wimp schoolboy and the author forgets his/her own premises such that the only explanation is that the main character is delusional.This bitter loser upon swift contact of lawyer lays out eternal conditions like a toddler that wishes his parents dead."And I will never talk to her again.Ever!"(sic) And, " I learned later that Eileen fought back"(what fight?)-"and convinced Mary that it was my decision to divorce her."Umm,it was.-Oh so now I , the reader, don't know when to believe the author? When is this fiction a lie?! And of course, this added to a character who had already lied by exaggerating to his daughter,"to help his case." At this point, I'm rooting for the guy to go through hell, just in case it is autobiographical. He deserves it.

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 13 years ago
i guess it is easy to be seduced into

harsh and bravado criticizing when you don't write yourself. i won't go into the possible psychology behind it, but i might imagine that envy and frustration are a big part of choosing such a bitter tone of voice as is often the case in here.

i think it is all right to give one's opinion on a story, especially when such opinions are based on real weaknesses and errors. but so very often the remarks are aimed at subjective goals, like the character of the protagonist or the personal dislike of his acts. and just as often these remarks are just cheap sneers. it seems as if they are deliberately phrased to wound, giving the critic satisfaction even if the point made is hardly worthwhile.

i like this story. it sure has its weaknesses, but it is well-written and entertaining. the protagonist became more human when he started making mistakes. i like how this story is about handling those mistakes, it is a perspective that has been hardly used in cheating wives stories. many betrayed husbands in these stories act like perfectly oiled avenging machines. it will be very interesting to see how our guy will proceed from mistake to mistake to get through his personal hell of betrayal and hopefully come out of it a happier man.

thank you for treating me to an entertaining story. but please be aware that you will be criticized subjectively and unfairly. it obviously goes with the territory.

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago
To Pete

I have to disagree with you in general.

Wimp schoolboy? Like, how? Because he didn't wanted to see his wife? Whom he now knows has been having a lover and lying to him for 18 months? What good would such a confrontation do? All she'd say is she's sorry and will never do it again, and to give her another chance, all the cliche excuses. Seriously, what would be the point of it?

If your wife of many years fucks around on you, I think you'd have a right to BE bitter...Where does the loser part suddenly come in? Loser, as in, couldn't keep his wife from spreading her legs for someone else?

As for those "eternal conditions", again, why would he want to meet his wife? There would be excuses, crying, begging, all the standard stuff. Frankly, I can imagine not wanting to put up with that.

As for lying to his daughter, ever said something in anger, that you didn't mean? "Years" and "18 months", is it THAT big a difference? Now that we're nitpicking anyway, 18 months is more than 1 year, so technically, he wasn't lying.

Or should he have handled it like Spock, completely emotionless and completely logical?

The way you say it, it's like it's all the husband's fault for his wife cheating, and he shouldn't be feeling angry and hurt at all.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Welcoming you and your stories to lit

Great to have a new writer in this section. Great writing just don't take our comments too seriously especially the anonymous ones

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
This is gripping, but

in two chapters, very little has happened. How they met and got laid served no purpose and I always wonder why writers toss that in. Is it to describe a sex scene? It does not advance the plot. This chapter got us almost through a day. He learned his wife had cheated before and she wanted to talk to him. These are just glimpses and I want the story. So, both chapters have stirred my emotions, as well as annoyed me that they are so brief. Setting up a cheating wife is quite easy. Doing it over numerous chapters is taking advantage of the reader. I enjoy the story, but the actual plot has advanced very little. It's almost like a mini Q effort. The chapters are shorter and progress is frustratingly slow.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 13 years ago
Tough story

Pretty Sad....I always hope for a happy ending, but then I don't believe that an affair has to be a marriage breaker....and for those "flammers", I am not a wimp..I do believe in consequences. but also in forgiveness and reconcilation....but, here the anger seems to be building to one of those "torch the bitch" endings where years of love and family are destroyed. So.....I'll hang in there for awhile and see where you take us, but....

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years ago
Good start.

to a good story. There are a few technical problems but not enough to stop me from enjoying your tale.

Personally I agree with HDK and others that the history lesson of how they met and the sex was not necessary but that's just personal tastes.

Remember people, it's only a story. At least I hope the author didn't have to go through this. For those of you who comment adversely about the husband's actions and reactions, they are common place in situations like this.

If you've never been there don't comment on the scenery.

As far as meeting or talking to the cheating spouse, why? As said in other comments all you would get would be the cliche rantings of a woman who has already shown she can't be trusted. Such as: it's not what you think, it was only sex, I love only you, blah, blah, blah.

By the way, nice hint and foretelling of the problem when the wife looks into space and says I'll make it up to you. Of course, she went right out and screwed the doctor again.

If this was real life, and even here in fiction land, the wife is the culprit not the husband.

One last thing, the two chapters could have been combined and still retain the drama and story line. I think that would have been better.

Anyway good story, smooth read, and good character development. Keep up the good work and hurry with the next chapter.

woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks for the comments

I agree that that there are flaws in the grammar and punctuation, but after many weeks trying to find an editor to proofread the story, I gave up and posted it anyway.

As for the flashbacks, yes it is mostly to have a few sex scenes in the plot, but it also help understand what was lost and define a little bit more the characters. It might be annoying, and myself I often skip the sex scenes when I am hooked to a story plot, so I understand the critic.

As previously stated, I have a hard time to find an editor and as such I decided to divide the story in 5 chapters. But it didn’t help.

Yes, it has been only a few days after 2 chapters, but the root of the problem and the focus of the story being his reaction to the betrayal; I could probably spend more time on the near future following his discovery.

Any editor out there?

Likegoodwine

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A good start but it's moving slowly

Not much happened in this one. Yes he found some details and got angry, but a lot that could gave been covered with less prose. An important step in writing a story is to go back and tighten up or even remove material that isn't core to the story.

In this chapter we at the start he has just found out and at the end he has just heard the first words from the slut.

The idea that he never wants to talk with her has been done a lot in these kinds of stories. The usual way this goes is for him to go around angry to everyone,run away occasionally, and in general be pursued by his slut wife with him refusing to talk to her at every step.

Which is a better story? One with a character raging but doing nothing but run, or a one with a character that confronts their problems , fights them, and emerges from the fight. I'd recommend not having more chapters of him hiding. You have set it up, he's the good faithful husband and she is the cheating whore who has no problem at all lying to him from her lovers car.

Ok now bring it him. Burn this bitch. Destroy her. We are on board and we agree. She's evil. Now let her have it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
Good story BUT I have to disagree with HDK-- we did learn a lot here in this chapter

First I do have to say that this is a pretty good story. The time gap between when chapter one was published -- late Oct -- to THIS chapter has been about a month which is too long. But if one read's the stories together this comes across as a much better story in the overall sense.

That being said I do have to disagree with HDK and to some other comments that not much has happened in this particular chapter. I really have to disagree with that assertion.

Undoubtedly by this time the wife knows that she has in fact been discovered. Yet she reacts in an exceptionally BAD way by lying to her children about what is going on then Lying a 2nd time as to who is at fault.

When the kids -COLLEGE age kids or young adults-- call up asking then HIM why he the is pushing for divorce... They are doing so because the wife has lied to them about what is going on.

When the grown up kids ask him about why he cannot forgive her... The implication here is that she has not told them anything close to the real truth. That she has been cheating for over 18 months.

And finally when she does actually reach him by phone it is the first conversation she's had with him since his discovery of her Long term cheating. Yet the very first words out of her mouth are accusatory and hostile words directed right at him... as if HE has done soemthing wrong.

I am sorry but I would have to say we have learned an awful lot about wife.... her attitude ....her perspective and her lack of integrity.... in this chapter.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
IF you re-read chapters 1 -2 ; DID the wife ACTUALLY cheat ?

The author is trying to pull a fast one here. Go back and re-read chapt1. DID she actually cheat. It seems to me the author is going OUT of his way to make this a case of the husband overreacting.

FACT the husband SSSUMES that she and the other guy were in the hotel room for 90 minutes. He lost them in the traffic...so he doesnt know.

FACT neither the wife and the other guy where undressed in anyway.

FACT there was NO kissing at all. The other guy grabbed the wife's ass which she swatted away.

Now re-read the husband conversation to the kids. All he is doing is interrupting them shouting at them then he hangs up.

He still has NO proof ACTUAL proof at all... say for a statement from the Motel clerk that speaks of a Red hair there every week for several months. But the clerk never sees a Photo of her so once again the idiot husband is ASSUMING.

You know the husband works in IT. He has a brain. At some point in this story the author might want to stop playing these mind games with readers.

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
Good Story

so far , be interesting to see how it plays out . At least no wimp so far . She needs to have the papers served and then fucked up revenge take place !

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Story & Fun comments!

My favorite comment so far is "It's almost like a mini Q effort" from Harddaysknight.

Now, I happen to enjoy Harryin VA's comments (except when he gets vulgar and personal). He often is "spot on".

I agree with him that we don't know for sure that she actually was cheating. In this genre, when a husband assumes the worst then flees without even discussing the problem with his spouse, it usually ends up that he was wrong.

My one caveat is that if she were not cheating, why did she react as she did? If I were at a meeting somewhere I did not expect to see my wife, then she appeared (with me clutching a babe), I'd drop the babe and grin sheepishly at her. Make that two caveats, I cannot fathom why a nurse would need to schedule a series of meetings with a handsome doctor in a motel room across town for at least 18 months, without ever mentioning it to her spouse. Add to that the doctor also schedules other meetings with other lovely women... Humm, they were planning a mega surprise party! NOT!

So, I'll be watching for such a plot twist, but, I don't really expect it. Likegoodwine if you do plan to do this, you'll need to dig yourself out of a rather deep hole.

I appreciate your quest for an editor, I hope that you can find one. Remember, it is "lose", not "loose". Even the best authors benefit from having another critique their works.

Thanks for writing, I hope part three comes out soon!

Ttom

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

Yanno, Harry has a point about whether the wife actually, physically cheated.

But, like the poster above me mentioned, if she had not, why the extremely guilty reaction? Didn't the wife give her (right now, assumed) lover a broken nose and a concussion in sheer panic? Not to mention the meeting in a motel room in the first place. Dodgy...

It seems odd to say, but as it is now, the wife is guilty until proven innocent (from a relationship point of view).

Wow, I have to agree with Harry in both posts. If the kids KNEW their mother was cheating, they wouldn't ask "why are you divorcing mom?". Little kids might not understand, but college age? The mom is definitely not telling them everything, or putting a spin on the truth.

I am looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Harry,

Another fact, his W and her lover had been checking into that hotel for 18 months that they could trace. You think they were playing checkers??

Author, nice story. I look forward to the next sections.

likeboblikebobover 13 years ago
too little action

IMHO there was not much action in this chapter at all. Considering how long the wait between chapters was, it seems more should have taken place. As far as the question of the husband over-reacting or not, what difference does it make. We already know he is getting a divorce from the beginning of the story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
This is a tale of mistakes.

I too, have wondered if the wife cheated. He never saw the guy slide his cock into her, so he cannot be sure she cheated? I am sure that most of us, including Harry, would feel that fact that she lied while he watched her in another car at the intersection, the fact that the lover, maybe a doctor but the husband has not seen the sheepskin, squeezes his wife's ass in public after coming out of a motel room, and that she appears to have been doing this for an extended period, means that she is toast, the marriage is toast, and her reasons are not going to be adequate. If some incredible miracle happened where she really was loving and faithful all along, she could explain it to the kids and have them tell him. The guy is right to be really pissed. When your spouse lies and keeps so many big secrets, the marriage is dead. We still have to learn what the mistakes actually were. I read that the wife blamed him for wanting the divorce, and he did, so there was no conflict there. I did not read that she blamed the husband for the problem. (Did the husband imply that she caught him cheating at one time? I will read it again.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
HE assumes she is having an affair

And without knowing the facts, has completely destroyed his family over his bruised ego. Maybe he is right, maybe she has been cheating on him; but he has no proof other than two adults, fully clothed after 90 minutes in a hotel room and a desk clerk who assumes everyone is a cheater.

And if he's wrong, it's unlikely his family will ever recover from HIS breach of trust.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
Here is the quote:

"I know that I could deal with Eileen with another man, the same way she could deal with me and another woman. Been there, done that!"

What does this statement mean?

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Harry

They were not playing jacks in the motel room. Not the way it was set up. She was removing his hand from her ass and avoiding a kiss because she didn't want to be seen in public. I could never believe that they had not fucked multiple times. Even if it was the truth. That might be her defense and the way the story goes, but I would not buy it. What she has done is a killer. Here's a little common sense, never marry a slut who will almost fuck you in front of a cab driver on the way to your place to actually fuck you just hours after you have first met. I will continue to read to see what happens next. Good so far.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
And...

In a year and a half, I will bet that they have gotten pretty damn good at playing jacks. We don't know all the facts, but if he was caught once it does not equal what she has done.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Okay.

I have read most of the comments. Harry is trying to convince people that the wife didn't in fact physically cheat and the husband is overreacting. HDK and others are sitting on the fence, as to be honest I am too.

If the wife had nothing to hide, why did she not tell her husband and kids what she was doing if indeed she was doing whatever she was doing for 18 months, if in really it was that long.

Then she should have told the family or at last her husband, but she didn't. He has no idea why she would be in the hotel with anyone. So the husband rightly or wrongly concludes that the wife has been doing something, probably cheating, with another man. She then goes on the defensive and starts blaming the husband for the break up.

So far I am siding with the husband. He should talk to the wife just to get her story on why she was there and what she was doing, then if her story checks out, he should by all means at his disposal check out her story, then maybe, just maybe start talking again to the wife.

But if cheating in reality or by proxy occured then sorry but the marriage should be seriously questioned. Love does not conquer all. And it shouldn't be allowed to here.

Anyway well done writer a good thought provoking story that has us talking about it.

Thanks for writing.

Regards

AW

p.s Sorry if this comment is rambling and makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Like it so far...

I like your story but you are in dire need of an editor. Too much use of wrong tenses, mispellings, etc. that an editor would catch.

I agree with others that "been there, done that" needs some explaining. What happened? Also hubby needs to lighten up on the daughter as she was caught in the middle. It is not her fault. Hubby should back off. It makes it hard to cheer for hubby if he acts like that. Its true no matter if the wife and her doctor friend were just playing jacks or cards or partaking in any other non sexual activity, there is too much deception not to assume the worst. Where there's fire...!!! Wifey has dug a very deep hole for herself to crawl out of.

I seldom read a series if the postings are too far apart. Please try to post Chapter 3 within a week or I may not continue reading. I find it difficult having to go back and rereading to refresh the story.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Angiesiophie- Thanks for your snide and irrelevant comment....

...I got the usual good laugh I do when idiots accuse me of wanting anything more than to read a sensible story. I would bet Angie that I have penned more words to more sources in my life than you could do with a team of proxies, but that's writing for pay and not such a professional forum as this.I sent my first submission in 3 weeks ago and no word yet, another writer received it O.K. so I assume lit got it.I will make sure I get through to them this week so you can have a proper forum to critique my abilities, not just whistling in the dark. As yet I have not read one argument to my feelings which dissects the plot and not a readers personal thematic affiliations.Would Someone,especially Harry who frequently recognizes and rightly criticizes premise shifting please explain how the author could throw in the statement about who wants the divorce (contradicting events in the story)-and it was not part of the "many mistakes" - at least as written. Lastly-I would love someone to explain to me exactly what part about being too emotionally upset to deal with someone you've brought FUCKING CHILDREN into the world with-isn't fucking chickenshit wimpiness. You fucking so-called anti-cucksters that think it is being "tough" or "a man" to just "walk away" are fucking delusional.A tough person is strong in all ways, not just a rage-filled iconoclast.There is NEVER any strength in making ultimatums. Thank god you idiots aren't in charge of foreign policy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

A . Slow . Story . With . A . Looong . Pause . Phew .

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
One final comment : I do THINK she did/ is cheating... BUT

My point or concern is that is the author trying to manipulate the story... even though many things... words and actions... in the story would have to be explain.

Like I said I ** THINK ** she has cheated and the evidence althought circumstantial is overwhelming. And the wife's reaction... if wrongly accused... is impossible

to believe.

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
Great story...fantastic read!

Obviously this story is about mistakes...HERS! Hopefully the author will keep the reader in suspense as the wife's mistakes are subtlety revealed while concentrating on the husbands supposed mistakes. The only real "mistake" by the husband is HUBRIS...blind pride (and since we already know he will be divorced, this will clearly be the reason for his downfall...his unbending myopic pride). The wife, on the other hand, has shown many mistakes including: 1. All her many lies, 2. her lack of communicating about getting/feeling old before her time, 3. her fucking with his psyche with their children, 4. her kicking the shit out of her doctor boyfriend to make her husband more of a wimp, 5. her stupidity in checking into the motel herself, 6. her stupidity of not realizing that there were surveillance tapes/DVD to give a concrete time line of her affair, 7. HER AFFAIR! She is the one making all the mistakes. He will be the one who suffers from her mistakes. Great theme!

A couple of quick points regarding serialization...I am not a big fan for the following reasons 1. The hiatuses force the reader to have to reread, 2. There is no sense of a beginning and an end. 3. You start thinking the author can't get his/her shit together...you lose some confidence in the author, 4. It leaves the author vulnerable to much more criticism as the reader doesn't know for sure where the author is going. 5. Further on the lack of confidence...one cannot but think that the author will keep changing his/her mind and will react to the whims of the comments, 6 . One loses that wonderful, delicious bond as characters unfold on the pages...the interruptions kill that warm feeling. I could go on with other reasons...suffice, take a look at some of the great novelists who originally wrote their novels in serial form and were panned by critics...for example Dickens or Hardy.

Sorry for this long winded drivel. Enough already! Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Holy crap this is primitive

One of the hallmarks of this story is the tragic, stupid, simpleminded daughter. If she is a realistic teenage character to these positive comenters, maybe they should read Archie and Ritchie Rich. Boy, that stuff will blow their minds. I paraprahse: "you lied daddy. My slut mom still loves you. That's all you need to know. Nobody thinks about me. Go back to the whore or my childhood will suffer." Dear god, that is pathetic. Most teen girls would angrily attack both parents and play the situation to their advantage.

Then we have thick headed, pompous, wimp to be husband who is telegraphing these horrible mistakes in trying to redeem some self worth. You can just see the knife of castration being shrapened. He will realize in the end that his whoring, vicious wife should have been forgiven and trusted to his detriment as a human.

Honestly, I expect this crap from the cuckhold fan club. But the positive commenters encouraging this tripe are the real problem with this site. We end up with this emasculated shit or, from writers aghast at this inhuman stupidity, over the top vicious revenge stories. Anything else appears impossible.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Certainly an interesting and provocative story

It does not make any difference where it is going, it will be worth the time.

To tell the truth, I am closer to the figure invented by HDK, who would consider the lies as justifying a divorce. You do not have to have dicky dunking in order to want to cut relationships. Still HDK, PPP and HIV all offered interesting insight into the possibilities hidden in the story. Personally, I did not think that giving the divorce, and the lack of a new relationship away in the first page was a good idea. The fact that she deserves forgiveness because she all ready forgave him in the past is another loose cannon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
hurry up!

Please keep this going. Waiting a month for your next submission to this story is the pits. Please try to get it done in a timely fashion. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
more

you need a ch.3 great story

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 13 years ago
What the hell?

Some of these commenters are out of their freakin minds! If you saw your wife coming out of a motel room and then find out she's been visiting that motel for 18 months, what would you think? Would you give her the benefit of the doubt? What doubt?

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
To PPP

Im afraid idiots ARE in charge of foreign policy .......over 10 years in the middle east and still cant win . Shit , WW1 and WW2 combined didnt last this long . Dont get me started on economics ......

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Captivating

A really captivating story that holds the interest and attention of the reader. I can't wait to see what will happen next? Please hurry with chp.3!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You need an editor

To correct your grammatical mistakes, incomplete vocabulary and need slightly more realistic dialog. Good tale though a familiar one. Keep writing.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Very real

The story is quite vivid with the husband's pain from catching the woman he loved cheating on him.

The storyline has been used a lot, and it will be interesting to see how the author makes it his own.

Thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very good

A lot of these stories the guy talks all calm and thinks things through. The reality is when your in that much pain and anger the emotions will take over much of the time. No matter how much you'd like to spare your children and anyone else around, you can end up lashing out at them as well. This author has been real good at showing how those emotions affect a person in spite of his good intentions.

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Expectations

What do you expect from of woman who wants to fuck a guy the same night she met him? Why should he expect a faithful woman?

Oh, please learn the difference between lose and loose.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
IN THE BEGINNING ALL WAS GOOD

then an M.D. entered and slithered away our goodness. TK U MLJ LV NV

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20almost 11 years ago
Love the story so far

But I am curious. My 6th grade teacher would have already beat you to death. Of course she was a mean ass old bitch anyway.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

Great chapter. The whore is worse than I thought. He should have realised about her when he fucked her to death the first day he met her. I'll continue...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loving it

Five stars. Very engaging storyline. I feel for this guy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A nice one!

He said....""but I don't want to loose you."

Please, please, please Lit authors, learn the difference between 'lose' and loose' He didn't want to 'lose' you. Not her cunt was too 'loose'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I Agree

It seems like typing 'loose' for 'lose' has become an epidemic that is really irritating!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
BEGIN THE BE-GET

and beware of the shrapnel. TK U MLJ LV NV

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
Good Story, Terrible Editing

So many errors really takes away from the power of an excellent story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loving

the second time around.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
surprise?

Kinda sounded like you married the campus slut. The good time had by all. Kieran it sounds like the little head did a lot of thinking for you. Your first reaction is the right one here......18 months to two years? That is absolute betrayal.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
She Doesn't Want A Divorce?

So what?

A LOT of cheating wives don't want a divorce, that doesn't change the FACT that they are FUCKING CHEATERS!

If Eileen is upset at what he tells Mary, maybe she should try telling Mary the truth, so he doesn't have to!

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
I'm with BuzzCzar.

Still gave it 5 stars. Please, based on what we've read so far, don't have RAAC.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
2ND MISTAKE

you started thinking about What If and memories. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Mmm some concerns 4*

The grammar:

" It was shortly past 9:00AM when I hanged up" - surely "hung up"

" Now I know it and I hate her and I don't want nothing to do with her, ever!" - double negative, should be I don't want "anything" to do with her ever.

Also he was taking his anger out on his daughter like he was a spoilt brat, not very endearing when he was otherwise the injured party. Normally I don't like the victim not talking but 18 months of betrayal and then continuing even after she seemed to find herself that weekend they had together - don't blame him for that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story, but....

She suggests that they leave a party and go screw just after meeting him for the first time. This may be the first time that she's strayed, although in an aside it's suggested it's not for either of them, and now he goes ballistic. What did expect? She was a slut when she met him, so? Well told though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is one of the most stupid statements ever!

"I know that I could deal with Eileen with another man, the same way she could deal with me and another woman. Been there, done that!

The lie was another matter. I had to know if the lie was an aberration, a lapse that could be worked out, or if I had lost Eileen"

This spoils the whole story. She cheated on him for 18 months but it was the fact she lied to him about being at work that that would end their marriage. This is a well written story totally spoiled by such stupid assertions.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through....

Glad this guy isn't being a weenie . . . For the sake of the kids. He's sticking to his principles.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5*

Eileen is one self centered and stupid bitch. She uses her kids to get to the man she betrayed and then chews him out about how he talks to them.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 7 years ago
Got a bad feeling a RAAC is on the way...

" "Sure I can patch you to Mike, SIR! But not before you answer my question." Tammy has been working with Mike and me for the last 7 years and, to be candid, she rules us all. I knew I had to be truthful or she would simply hang up on me."

Seriously? You're the type of man that allows a secretary - someone who reports to you - you allow her to hang up on you more than once? Secretaries don't hang up on their bosses, not if they want to remain employed. If she's morphed into more of a friend than strictly a secretary, then she can tell something is wrong by the tone of your voice and she'll contain her curiosity for the time being. If he lets this go on at work, then he sounds to me like someone who gets pushed around at home quite a bit.

The daughter seems to be awfully aggressive with her father. She doesn't seem all that surprised, or even disappointed, about her mother's affair. Hmmm. I think ole Kieran might be a wimp, costumed as a man. I smell a reconciliation coming up, probably accompanied with a tearful apology from Kieran for being a meanie who says hurtful things to his tramp of a wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
doubtful

Within a couple hours of meeting female he has penetrated all orifices. How proper and refined of her. No anal on first date-this wasn't even date-but he did jam fingers in there.

I was 40

Hold on, hold on. I am not doubting that scenario. Less than 30 minutes of meeting the most gorgeous female I ever laid eyes on we were at her request having sex in her bed.

Small town-very small logging town southcental Montana named Lincoln. Closing time at bar, I placed my glass on bar-she looks at me asks if I want to smoke joint. I say yes. Nothing said on ten minute walk to her house-I was staing in truck camper while doing work on the town's school.

She says she is going to change into something comfortable-high hopes until she comes out in very long t-shirt. Smoke joint-maybe twenty words exchanged-she says-we'd be more comfortable in bed-we were little over 4 hours later fucked out and tired I started longest day ever. She was 28 divorced two little kids

Six months later hometown Helena bar some plump 22 year old waves me over to table. Says sister told her ''There's one for you'' Much longer conversation-my wife who had been playing poker comes over-I return to gaming table with her. 30 minutes later wife leaves in her car-girl comes over-we go outside-open my truck door for her-she says I know what you're thinking. You think your going to fuck me then go home to your wife. In parking lot-in full view of bar door-pickuptruck door open she is on seat-I am standing up-have very nice snack-no one ever did that to me-You can't know what your doing to mr don't stop don't ever stop

One move do not know how her stretch pants on floor of pickup and my very thick cock-thickest ever according to all that have had it-is trying to get in the tightest pussy ever...wet as hell but felt like a potato peeler was skinning my cock-crowd started coming out-i noticed she didn't - i withdrew she whined about me not coming - told her i need to get much harder to cum - she complained i already was hard - i laughed said take a look - she sees my half hard cock goes omg then notices crowd

Tells me she could never forget me

Same town different bar 56 year old accountant i have never seen before starts playingkeno machine next to mine....got feeling she did not like me judging by her glares-first words to me Will you fuck me?

Clit was huge - thicker than little finger and inch and a half long-she wailed through my feast...told her pillow under head want to watch you coming-i already did-yes i know-gonna watch next-oh darling going to be forever before i am ready-that is when i parted her lips took good look at miniature female penis-what do we have her-suckle it all in and wailing began-was it screaming-not sure thighs were squeezing my ears

Darlin they told me you were a lover but i had noooooo idea

Couple more but point made

Doubtful about his marrying someone who was so easy for so many

Should have told him trouble ahead

One more-guy was a jerk-had met but never talked to his 31 year old wife-red hair- fully loaded perfect onical Cs with that creamy unfreckled skin-dark pink two inch wide target circles with cherry red 3/4 wide inch long cherry red

nipples.

He is tending bar being an ass-she asks me to kiss her-we go out back door wooden breezeway flight of stairs

What a feast-no one ever did that to me never- never? i

say-well boy in hs but wasn't like that - not even close

Soon found out after hands on shoulders pressing her to knees never sucked cock either-scared very scared lookwhen she saw what i had took it slow-easy just the head by telling her to kiss it-little peck but held head and as lips pursed popped it in

A week later stayed night at their housewoke me up-robe nothing else-no robe

Knees beat robe to floor as she ripped open my jeans-no underwear and she just went at it like pro-did she love that thick lengthy pole-yep

On floor feet flat knees up spread wide husband fifteen feet away in bedroom while wife is taking it in and talking about how tight she feels

Oops paperboy caught it allnthrough front window

9 months brown eyed husband has blue eyed baby girl same as mommy and daddy

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
So within hours

of meeting his future wife she propositioned him and had epic sex with him. And now he's shocked she cheated on him? Seems one of the standard themes on here is I married a party slut and now I'm shocked she's a slut.

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingalmost 6 years ago
Shocking drop in quality...

from the first chapter to this one. Weird phrasing and stilted dialog. This chapter feels a LOT like the author isn't a native English speaker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I never understand why husbands in these stories delete the phone messages without listening to them

They make a point of gathering evidence, sometimes paying PIs to do so, then delete possible damning potential evidence just handed to them.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Burn

Burn the cheating bitch down .She is lying to the children about her other man. Of course she loves you.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
It’s NOT between the spouses....

Not when there are HS and college aged kids. They have a right to understand what’s happening, and why. A kid should understand not only that cheating isn’t acceptable, but that it impacts everyone nearby.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Yet another nonsense cliche

This writer is failing to realize cliche he is using:

"Taken aback by her anger toward me, I did a first mistake with my daughter. I choose the wrong road. I let my own anger take over."

Because the main hero is about to tell about cheating his wife did to his daughter.

The reality of this is that 99% of the men would do exactly that. Intelligent person knows that the spouse will use children against the other spouse. 99% of the women would do that. There is absolutely no reason why the man would not strike first if given a chance and ... again ... 99% would do exactly that.

So please free yourself from a cliche that it is a high road to "protect children" from the truth. It isn't because if a man does not tell them then the only thing they will know will be lies told to them by the other parent.

When a woman cheats so brazenly (within a long period and with motel rooms) there is not saving marriage any more. Therefore you need to prepare children for the real truth because you might not get another chance once the woman starts poisoning them against you.

SO PLEASE PROSPECTIVE AUTHORS, do not fall for this absurd cliche that there is a "high road" in keeping cheating as a secret for children "sake". REAL PEOPLE DO NOT ACT THAT WAY and it makes no sense anyway. This is a typical cliche of LW on Literotica and the author of this story is one of many that falls for it. He is full of cliches in many of his stories anyway.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
You will also get 1 star from me

For reinforcing a cliche you are sprouting here about "low road" of telling children about cheating spouse.

Not only it is making your story worse but it implies as if you know some moral truth about that and you do not. You are simply pounding on a cliche among so many cliches you are using in your stories. Your stories are not bad otherwise but you are a sucker for every cliche in the "book" on Literotica. That is the main reason why you will not progress from an average writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
DarkDonut is right

Cheating is treason against the family. The children of this marriage are old enough to be told the truth. How they respond reveals their moral character. Mary finally comes around when she is cheated on...unfortunately, H is written at that point to wander off into the land of the weak/cuck LW husband. BTW, you can't "make up" for adultery. Stupid LW cliche

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
jordan peterson says it best

live life as honest as possible.

that way you don't confuse yourself, not even including others.

honesty is NOT a 'low road'. The wife lying was a 'low road'. the children have a very sad death in the family, the death of a loving and trusting relationship. we dont LIE to children when adults die around them. we honestly sit them down and explain what death is. they grow up more capable emotionally and mentally for future deaths. now they can learn about the death of relationships. please never belittle that. i don't care that the husband was angry when he did that. expressing feelings is HEALTHY. the cliche' that a man cannot show feelings is so toxic to their mental health. it's not his job to fix something the wife broke willingly. love is a two way street. better the YOUNG ADULTS learn that sooner than later. they'll be able to remove themselves from bad relationships in the future. they'll also be more self aware if they are tempted into killing a relationship. i'v remained friendly to sexual partners that honestly broke it off with me. i even maintained polite civility to those i caught, and freely admitted blame. i'v never once tried to stay with a single partner that used, cheated, lied to, and covered up for it. they remain discarded and probably a little less selfish in future relationships.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
I enjoyed this chapter

But there are some huge, gaping logical fails.

No child over the age of 12 would ever behave that way. If she found out her mother had cheated on her father for years (or even the more accurate 18 months), she would (at least temporarily) loathe the mother.

Any pleading from the daughter would be more along the lines of "Maybe you should go to counseling or something, but I hate what she did".

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well...

The writing is mostly good, but the grammar errors are annoying he "hanged" up the phone? At other times the educated IT guy sounds like somebody who isn't too bright with a fourth grade education. But comments like this are implausible:

"I know that I could deal with Eileen with another man, the same way she could deal with me and another woman. Been there, done that!

The lie was another matter."

Yeah, the wife is fucking around, and it's just the lie that's the big thing. I suppose this is the author trying to make his character sound "sophisticated", but no normal man would be more concerned about the lies than the rest of the betrayal. It's one of the first harbingers of a RAAC.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Eighteen months for an affair. Dump thebit, who loves you so much, and find a way to destroy the doctor.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

As the time passed and the whiskey started to hit me, I started to reminisce about Eileen and me.

***

NO, never do the flash back in later chapters.

quite frankly IMO the flash back should occur BEFORE the cheating is revealed, once the cheating is revealed by look back fondly on memories?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This wimp is going to take the whore back

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

Way too wimpy Mc. Just another man hater author. Husbands fault, of course. Mc does not even seem to,be able to express himself adequately. Brain dead.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He's not wrong to push all the blame on his wife.

I don't understand 'my next mistake was...' Yes, he was angry. He's ALLOWED to be a child about this. It's RAW EMOTIONAL TRAUMA. That's how psychology views betrayal at this level. His daughter IS old enough to be more nurturing and less petty. His cheating whore of a wife is old enough to accept the blame, and NOT alienate him from his children for HER FUCK UP. The least she can do is show some honesty. She didn't just cheat her husband, she broke something precious in their family. It's not 'the man's job' to be the stoic face of understanding, patience, and compassion in the face of such a trauma. Men are ALLOWED to cry at funerals. Men are ALLOWED to show raw emotion sometimes.

So I'm a little disgusted with author's sexist view of men, and his family are just simpleton children....unable to show a hint of either personal responsibility or empathy.....well except his son....but that goes without saying....because...penis...and author sexist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree 100% with 26thNC, 18 months is a long time. Dump the bitch.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

Taking way too long.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story so far but you need to work on your grammar.

Barkinbeast2010Barkinbeast2010about 2 months ago

One thing he’s not verbalising is that the Doctor his wife’s had an affair with doe 18 months has been checking in regularly with a number of women beside the wife. The clerk at the hotel mentioned that, were condoms used at all? Not only is she cheating, for vanities sake (a regular toxic famine problem) but she’s risked his health on top.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nothing we can do about your editing now, but seriously a good story ruined by basic poor spelling. Oh btw have you ever heard of SPAT? look it up do you the world of good then use some spit and polish on your marching boots!!!!! BUT, Big BUT, good story line so far, same about his treatment of his daughter , maybe I'll find out he comes good by eating humble pie for a minors poor treatment by him.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous