A Tale of Two Sisters Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Did I enjoy our night of cards? Yes I guess I did, but at the same time it was the worst night of my life. I also considered what my next options were. Number one for certain Marty and I had absolutely nothing to talk about. I’d been giving the situation a whole a lot of thought. She’d been fucking me over for weeks, maybe months; now it was my turn.

++++++++++

There had been a really old movie I’d watched one night on cable called ‘The Paper Chase.’ The gist of the story was how this college kid got a thing going with the daughter of one of his professors. The professor found out and one day in class this professor peppered his students with questions, but he did it in an insidious way. He asked questions of every kid who sat in front of, behind, and beside the boy who was screwing his daughter. The boy certainly knew the professor knew. In short the kid knew the professor could really fuck over his grade, and there wasn’t a damn thing he could do about it.

My plan was simple. I’d drop a series of bombs all around Marty. I needed to see Yvonne. I was sure Allen would be by whether I tried to see him or not so I’d get some revenge on him. I needed to see Yvonne’s father. Allen wasn’t that competent anyway. Maybe the old man would put him back to work changing tires. I hoped that’s what he would do; then I could go visit and see how he was getting along with his coworkers. That I thought could be fun. I needed to see Marty’s mom and dad too. I wasn’t looking forward to that, but before I did that I’d have to see Virna, that was if Virna hadn’t already stopped by to see me.

Virna was still a mystery. There was the thing with Tammy. From what I’d heard Virna had strong feelings for me, but Marty was her sister and though the chemistry was volatile I got the sense that Virna’s first priority was always to protect her sister. Did I want to get with Virna? I had to admit Virna drew me to her like a moth to a candle. I couldn’t explain why; she just did. But did I want to get involved with a woman who might be even more fucked up than her sister? Then again; after what I planned for Marty would she want to have anything to do with me? Well I knew one thing; we’d all certainly find out, but we’d do it on my terms.

++++++++++

Allen was even faster than I thought. He called me first thing the next morning. When the phone rang Marty was still asleep so I picked it up. It was Allen, “Gary we need to get together.”

“What for,” I asked?

“Don’t be stupid. How about the Wagon Wheel today at 1:00 o’clock?”

The Wagon Wheel was a sleazy tavern easily a cut below the Eagles Nest; it was also one of Allen’s hangouts, “No,” I said, “but I’ll meet you at the Starbucks across from your father-in-law’s garage,” the comment about the garage and whose it was I thought lent a little extra poignancy.

I think he got it, “OK, 1:00 p.m.,” he said.

Marty was awake by then, “Who was that Gary?”

“Allen, he wants to see me later today.” I glanced over at her. She was kneeling on the bed. She didn’t look too good.

She asked, “What are you going to talk about?”

“What do you think,” I replied. I walked around the bed to the bathroom in the hall.

She got out of bed and followed me, “You can’t stay mad at me. Gary I love you, it was a mistake. I didn’t know what I was doing…”

I interrupted her, “You have to work today don’t you?”

She nodded, “But I can get off if you want me?”

“No you go on to work. Put in some extra hours if you can. You’re going to need the money.”

She was standing there in front of me while I brushed my teeth. She was wringing her hands and shifting her weight from foot to foot. It was cool in the bathroom and she looked uncomfortable. Her nipples were sticking out under the thin fabric of her nightie, “Gary I didn’t mean…Honey I’m so…I love you…”

I shoved passed her. I wanted to get dressed and get out of the apartment. I really wanted to lay into her. I had a lot I wanted to say, but I figured the longer I waited the better, “I’m going out for breakfast. Why don’t you run the vacuum while I’m gone?” Running the vacuum had always been one of my jobs. In fact all the household jobs had been mine. Yeah, Gary the dim wit; the guy who mistakenly believed the more he did the more it would matter; I learned the hard way, that’s not the way to earn respect. I finished getting dressed, slipped on my windbreaker and left.


Allen was already there when I pulled in front of the Starbucks. I got out of my car and went in, got a coffee, and walked over to the table where Allen was sitting. I’d brought Owen’s laptop with me.

Allen stood up and held out his hand, “I’m glad you could come.”

I ignored the proffered hand and sat down, “So what do you want?”

He put the coffee he had in his hand on the table. Holding both hands out palms up he said, “Come on Gary you know what the problem is.”

I interrupted, “Yeah, you’ve been fucking my wife.”

He looked around like he was afraid someone might have heard what I just said. That was a joke. He leaned forward I guess so he could keep his voice down, “Geez Gary it’s not like it’s been some big love affair. She came on to me. She said you didn’t do it for her and she needed someone. Gary for Christ’s sake; you know anybody who ever turned a little ‘free’ down?”

“I have,” I answered, “Remember I work at a hospital; there’s attractive women around all the time, and they all know I’m working on my future. I go to college at night. There’ve been pretty coeds in all my classes.”

He looked at me with this real confused expression. I guess he never thought about what I just said. He sort of diffidently but at the same time a little arrogantly replied, “Look the thing with Marty and me was just sex. It was almost like shaking hands.”

I had to laugh, “Shaking hands; that’s good. I’ll be sure to tell Marty the sex you had with her was like shaking hands. I tell her that I bet she’ll rat you out to Yvonne and your father-in-law.”

“Oh shit,” he stuttered, “You can’t tell anybody.”

“Why not Allen, like you said it was just shaking hands.”

“No look Gary. Please no don’t. Don’t tell Yvonne’s father. Damn you can’t tell Yvonne either. That’s my job. Sure I’m a cheat, but Gary I really do love my wife. I have a family. My little boy; if she wanted to she could leave me, she could take my boy away from me.”

I took a sip of coffee, smiled and said, “I’ll cry you a river Allen.”

Allen looked like he was going to cry, “You’re a no good son-of-a-bitch Gary.”

I gave him what I hoped was a good Cheshire grin, “That’s good, real good; I’m the no good son-of-a-bitch. What are you; Prince Fucking Charming? Allen you’ve been fucking my wife. Well good for you. In a few weeks or months you’ll be able to fuck her all you want. Hell you can now; call her up,” I was losing my cool but someone had to get it, “Know something else; by the time I’m done with you that little family you think you have will be just a memory. Hey cheer up; you’ll probably get to visit the kid every week or so. Allen you’re going to need a place to stay too.”

He got mad, “You bastard. You tell my wife and my father-in-law and I’ll tell everybody how I stole your wife right out from under you. I’ll tell everybody you weren’t man enough for her. I’ll say how she told me you couldn’t even get it up.”

I pushed my chair back and got up, “I’ll pass that on to Marty, and oh yeah, be sure you tell all your married friends how good you are at sliding into another man’s wife when he’s not home. I’m sure they’ll all want to hear that.”

He just sat there biting his fingernails, “You bastard. I’ll get you.”

I looked down at him, “You already did you pathetic piece of shit; now I‘m paying you back.” I left. There wasn’t much else to say. I was pretty sure Allen would try to say something to Yvonne before I got to her. Too bad, I’m the one who had the movies and the conversations. I went back out to my car; time to see Virna.

It was Saturday. Virna would be off probably doing something with her kid. I couldn’t figure out what I was doing. Why did I think it was important to see Virna? I didn’t owe her anything. I didn’t even like her.

Virna lived in a rundown rental property; it was a small two bedroom townhouse on the edge of one the seedier sections of Hagerstown. Now Hagerstown isn’t a big city like Baltimore or Philadelphia; oh it has its slummy areas but they’re more old than dangerous. I drove down Main Street, made a couple turns and found her street. I’d been to Virna’s a few times, usually for something having to do with Tammy. Her place was old, rundown and ratty looking from the outside. It had a dilapidated looking front porch. The house looked like something from an old movie, but inside the place, whenever I’d been there, was always immaculate. I mean a person could eat off the floors.

I drove down her street. It was Saturday but there weren’t that many people about. The people who lived here were poor, but they were the working poor, most of these people probably had full-time low paying jobs during the week but they also, a lot of them, probably had part-time weekend jobs too.

I drove down the street and saw her. Virna was sitting on her porch. Tammy was sitting beside her. They were both eating apples. The weather was still kind of balmy so being outside wasn’t so bad for this time of day. She had on a pair of faded jeans and a pale blue button up blouse. Tammy had on a party dress.

I pulled to the curb, got out and started up her short sidewalk. Virna sort of half smiled, “Hello stranger.”

Tammy smiled too, “Hi Uncle Gary.”

I got up close and sat on the bottom step. There were three wooden steps. They were painted grey. I lightly touched Virna’s knee, “Can we talk a minute?”

Virna ignored my hand, “I was getting ready to walk Tammy to a friend’s house. They’re having a special party today for the kids. Tammy’s friend is getting confirmed tomorrow.”

“Can I walk along with you,” I asked?

Virna replied, “Don’t see why not. It’s only down the block,” she got up and held out Tammy’s windbreaker for her. The little girl slid it on effortlessly. I stood up.

Tammy took my left hand in her right, and then she took her mom’s right hand in her left. She said, “Look we’re a family.”

I glanced over at Virna. Wonder of wonders; she was blushing. We walked down the sidewalk holding hands. We got to the party girl’s house. Tammy leaned up and kissed her mom; then she turned up to me for a kiss. I kissed her. It felt good. I liked Tammy.

Virna told her, “Go on in. Have a good time. Mommy will be back in a couple hours.”

Tammy smiled and chirped, “OK mommy.” Virna and I both watched as Tammy skipped up the sidewalk to the open portal where another young woman was holding the front door open.

Once Tammy was inside Virna looked over at me, “This is about Marty isn’t it.”

I nodded.

“You found out.”

I nodded again.

“You don’t know what to do.”

“I’m leaving her. I’ll certainly get a divorce.”

Virna put her hand on my forearm, “You’re worried about my parents.”

I nodded.

She smiled at me. Damn, it was one of the softest smiles I’d ever seen, and coming from Virna it was totally out of character, “There’s a small deli down the street. You could use a corned beef sandwich,” she hooked her hand in my arm, “My treat.”

This wasn’t the Virna I’d come to know and detest. This was somebody else. I’d never met this person. Her hand felt warm and dry on my arm. I grew suspicious; I bet she was planning on how to keep me from telling her parents. We walked down the uneven sidewalk, her hand on my arm. We got to the deli; she ordered two corn beefs, two Cole-slaws and two cokes. We found a seat at one of the tables. As I sat down I bet not one piece of furniture in the place wasn’t in some state of disrepair; the table wobbled, my chair wobbled, and the chair Virna took creaked and groaned.

As soon as we sat down Virna started, “Marty’s always been troublesome; she was a troubled child, she had problems all through middle school and high school. I mean she was a total mess; that is she was until she met you.”

I leaned back, “Look I don’t want to hear about how rough Marty’s had it. She betrayed me. Our whole marriage has been a sham. She never loved me. I’ve heard some of the things she’s said.”

Virna gave me a confused look, “You have?”

“Yeah I’ve been taping her. I even taped the conversation you and she had at our house Thursday night not long ago.”

“Oh…you did. Well listen. It’s been tough on Marty. She had some bad experiences when she was a kid.”

“What kind of bad experiences could she have had?”

Virna put her hand to her face. She covered her mouth with her index finger and looked out the delicatessen window. After what seemed like ten minutes but was only a few seconds she looked back at me, “I’m going to tell you something.”

I responded, “OK, but it won’t change anything.”

You’ve met our parents. You know me and Marty. We’re Italian. Anyone with eyes can see that. I have black hair, and Marty has black hair. Both of us have dark Mediterranean complexions.”

I interrupted her, “I like your complexions. I like your hair.”

She gifted me with a wan smile, “I know you do,” then she added, “You’ve heard the story why Italians don’t have freckles? We don’t have freckles because we’re greasy and they slide off.”

I’d never heard that. I laughed a little, but quickly stopped when I saw how it hurt, “I’m sorry. I never heard that before. It was a surprise that’s all.”

Virna rummaged around in her purse till she found her wallet, “You know we have a brother. His name is Dominick. He’s one year younger than me. He’s in the navy. He’s a petty officer aboard an air assault ship. This is his picture,” she handed me a picture.

I took it and looked at it; it showed a tall man, light brown almost blond hair, obviously light blue eyes, and he had freckles. He looked nothing like his sisters or either of his parents. I handed it back, “So.”

He’s our half-brother. Our mother had an affair with a man who was one of our father’s best friends. Our mother nearly left us for him. It almost killed our father. Of course Marty wasn’t born yet,” she sighed.

I could tell Virna was having a tough time, “So Marty knows this and you’re saying this fucked her up?”

“Come on Gary, drop the profanity. We can talk without that,” she went on, “Our dad wanted a son. He wanted his own son, not somebody else’s son, but he loved our mom, he just couldn’t give her up so he beat the living daylights out of his friend. The friend, the interloper, left; we’ve never heard from him since. Our mom didn’t want any more children, but dad forced himself on her. He was determined to have a son, his own son. He got Marty instead. My mom had the doctor’s tie her tubes while she was still in recovery after Marty came so she couldn’t have any more kids. Dad was stuck. Oh I’ll say he loved Dominick; he treated him like he was really his. He’s always treated Marty right too, but Marty found out somehow. She was little. Kids used to tease her. You know how kids can be. People had started using email. Everybody everywhere was all over her. Our mom had to go up to the school. Dad wouldn’t go. They teased her about Dominick; the older kids teased her saying she was a revenge child, a revenge fuck if you will. Sorry for the language. Gary it tore her up.”

I was curious, “What about Tammy; you and your brother?”

Virna shot me an angry look, but then she grinned, “Oh no, Dominick, me? No Tammy’s a whole different story. Tammy’s my little love child.”

Somehow that made me feel better, but it didn’t change anything, “I’m still telling your parents.”

Virna looked sad, “I know, I understand. Marty’s been a disappointment. It’s like between the three of us kids the only one who’s worked out right was Dominick, the illegitimate one.”

I guess I must have huffed or something, “You piss me off you know that?”

Virna smiled, yeah she dumped this really beautiful smile on me then she got real serious, “Would you do me a favor?’

“I’d have to know what it is.”

“Let me tell my mom and dad.”

“Why would I do that?”

She smiled again, “I know you like my mom and dad, but you know what?”

“No what,” I was getting even madder. This conversation certainly hadn’t gone like I expected. These sisters were really alike; they both could really turn a conversation.

Then she floored me, “I think you’re kind of fond of me too.”

“You bitch! You fucking bitch! You’re really full of yourself aren’t you?”

She took my hand, “You’ll let me tell them? I won’t hold anything back.”

I had it figured. This was her chance to get at Marty, not that Marty didn’t deserve it, I just thought this was a little shitty even for Virna, “You want to hurt Marty that much?”

She squeezed my arm and gave me this incredibly sincere look. I almost believed it. Then she said, “This is my family Gary, our family. You’re a part of this family too. Even after you divorce Marty, and I expect you will, you’ll still always be one of the family.”

I felt like being nasty, “What is this like some Italian thing?”

“No, it’s a Virna thing.”

I got up, “OK you tell them. I’m off to see Yvonne.”

Then Virna drop kicked me again, “Yvonne already knows.”

“What?”

“Oh holy cow Gary; Yvonne’s Allen’s wife; she’s known almost from the beginning.”

I was flabbergasted. I hadn’t suspected a thing. How could Yvonne know? I asked, “How did she know so fast?”

Virna didn’t say anything. She just held her index finger up and then let it drop down, “We women; we have our ways of knowing these things.”

I got up to leave, but then I sat back down, “So it’s this way. Your mother’s a whore, you’re a whore, your sister’s a whore, and your father’s a cuckold wimp. That about got it?”

Virna looked at me. I wasn’t sure of her thoughts; she just looked terribly sad. She said, “Gary I’m twenty-five. Tammy’s five. My mom’s forty-three. Marty just turned twenty-two. You do the math.”

It didn’t take me long to figure that up. I felt like a fresh pile of dog shit in the neighbor’s backyard. I had to retrieve something, “When you talked to Marty in our kitchen you said the guy who knocked you up was your only one. Do you think I’m so stupid I could believe that?”

Virna folded her hands neatly on the table; she kept her eyes down, “I met the boy when I was in high school. He was a lot older; he was twenty-five. We dated for over a year before he got me. I remember the first time how I cried. I always wanted my first time to be after I got married. Gary I never touched his thing. I never did any of the stuff people talk about; you know cunnilingus and fellatio and such, I never did anything. We did it a grand total of six times. When we did I had all my clothes on; he only pulled my pantyhose and panties down. We did it in his car. It was the fall of my freshman year at Frostburg when we did it. I told him on Christmas day I was having his child. I thought it would be a special Christmas present for him. I thought he’d be delighted. I was mistaken. I spent that New Year’s alone. I haven’t seen him and I haven’t dated anyone since. I have a different life now. I have Tammy.”

Why was this woman able to so easily manipulate me? I told her, “OK, you can tell your parents. I’m still going to pay Yvonne a visit. I’ll be seeing her father as well.”

Virna replied, “I’m sorry Gary. You’re a great guy. You’re better than we are. You deserve better. Let me know how I can help.”

I got back up again, “Yeah well I’ll see you around. Tell Tammy I said hi,” I got out of that delicatessen as fast as I could. I didn’t look back. I hated Marty. I hated Virna. I hated that whole fucking fucked up family. What a bunch of religious hypocrites. I hated Hagerstown. I hated the hole fucking area. I wished I’d never come here.