All Comments on 'A Time of Purgatory'

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments
muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

Tim was an idiot for taking her back after being abandoned and divorced without explanation.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Naive, is a mild way of putting it...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Jas has DEEP issues. No sane person in a loving marriage like they had would just leave like that especially based on shoddy circumstantial evidence. The whole plot makes no sense. And I'm not just talking stretching it a bit because it's fiction. I mean it literally just would not happen. If there had been previous doubts or if the evidence had been more than a damn phone call then maybe she'd have a leg to stand on, but alas that was not the case.

Honestly I laughed at this whole thing. Stupid people with serious issues doing stupid things and wasting so much of their precious limited time that they could be spending enjoying their lives together. Sad really. The one that called Jas and tried to break them up was some random girl he never even really interacted with but she had some weird fantasy in her head they were in love? Where did you pull these plot ideas from? So ridiculous.

Once again, as is the case in so many of these types of stories, communication is key. Always keep the lines open. Never make assumptions and overreact based on them. Jas learned that the hard way. The one thing I did like is that they never slept with anyone else during their many years apart. That's something I guess.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I felt like dope slapping both of them. Good grief. Get over your selves and get back together. 11 years you lost over your own pigheadedness. It was pretty obvious the story wouldn't have gone on as long if they weren't going to get back together again. I gave a sigh of relief when he finally gave up on his load of baggage he was churlishly clinging to.

LMJ

fredbrownfredbrown12 months ago

Call me a sap but the ending made me feel good - considering I was of the opinion they both had shit for brains during the first 5 chapters. I suppose little ole Juliette put Romeo thru the same shit ........

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Umm that was weird. Their marriage which was supposedly stellar, gets blown up by one anonymous phone call? Thankfully she didn’t get emailed a fake photograph or she might have murdered her husband. The husband who is understandably miserable, just does nothing for like a year. No PI (too expensive, umm bs, it is your future at stake). Doesn't contest the divorce, where it all would have been exposed in court. And then after 18 months or so, when Pippa sets Jas straight, then the letter, and then finally they talk, well instead of talking about it fully or going to counseling or something, he just goes on and on about the hurt her felt and how painful her mistrust (sure she has mental issues to assume the nuclear option immediately) of him, and her lack of communication. But he didn't fight for his marriage either, just wallowing in pain. So guess he feels he is better off without Jas, even though before they had this great marriage, and about to have kids, but hey he was hurt too badly and he wants to hold onto his pain and be alone. Good job! No need to fight for anything. Just let the horrible mistake ruin your lives for thr rest of your life. Nice plan! Oh and then comes the deus ex machina for their reconciliation. She has inherited beaucoup cash from hee dead asshole father, and voila she wants HIS baby. And they all live happily ever after. Thr end. There is a difference between breaking the trust of your spouse and NOT trusting them enough. She went way overboard on a minor piece of false evidence, hence yes she has issues regarding infidelity and essentially PTSD from her family of cheaters, but when he learned how it happened, who gave the tip snd how random it all was, he never thought yo talk to her about it? Nope some almost 11 years apart. Uggh. Yes she overreacted. But then he also ended up overreacting. She did not trust him or act as he should and gave up on their marriage without confrontation or fighting for it. Bit he also did nothing to confront or fight for their marriage. Yes she was in the wrong and initiated things, but she did not betray the marriage, acting under a mistake. NOT saying reconciliation would be easy. But the baby ploy after 9+ years not seeing each other? Really? Counseling coukd have fixed this whole thing. If he had the spine to go court, and decent family court judge woukd have figured out what was happening and put them through mandatory 3-6 months of marriage counseling, putting the divorce proceedings on thr back burner. And the counseling would have worked. She had some weird PTSD about cheating, flaked out and walked off. Yeah that is bad. But not unforgivable. Meanwhile he likes yo wallow in pity and pain. Not trusting your spouse is not thr same as betrayal and breaking their trust. The latter is really to make right. The former, well couples fight about that all the time, just not for a mistrust of this magnitude. Yeah not realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An intelligent comment: "A bitter-sweet Romance that was beautifully written and should teach us some important life lessons.

We all are programmed by the past, but we need to constantly check that the programming is walking us down the correct path." Thanks to Anon.

The other lesson is the danger of gossip.

As a counsellor one of the key tasks is to help each part understand where the other is coming from. Some people give trust easily, others don't. Some have been taught good communication techniques, other have not been taught.

The man was not showing love. He felt hurt and held on to his hurt, more than he was willing to understand his wife. 10 years wasted. Who to blame? No one wins in the blame game!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved this story. I agree with another who stated there are a lot of angry men that must have been ill used. As far as the story both paid a heavy price. Being a romantic myself i was elated with the happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Let's not miss a most important point.

We may know of the traumas of another's background, but unless we have learned strong counseling techniques we don't probe enough to understand. Here, two people deeply in love, wasted ten years. We can blame the wife for not talking immediately, but that is wasting time. She did what she was programmed to do. Deeply hurt, she did what her mother could not, she ran. We can understand his anger, but he chose to nurture it and let it take control. He coulda, shoulda, just met her and sic they both had been faithful just, humorously gotten the divorce annulled.

A bit sweet Romance that was beautifully written ad should teach us some important life lessons.

We all are programmed, but we need to constantly check that the programming is walking us down the correct path.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Many people told me later that I was stupid, and that included my solicitor. But I wasn't having any of that." Guess what though? They were right.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Great story about a very dumb woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a viscous cunt! What man would want to be with somebody so sick? However, I suspect the ladies love this one. The woman takes a crap on the guy, and he lovey, lovey, loves her so much. It's a female fantasy. I say fantasy because no woman in real life would have any respect for a man who took her back like this. She would be sleeping around on him within a year and sticking it in his face. Like my wife said, as soon as a man showed weakness, she would cheat on him, tell him, then laugh when he cried. Then she would keep him around so she could spend as much of his money as she could before she dumped his sorry ass. Yeah, and to think I actually married her after she told me that. Hey, I like a strong, honest woman. Makes life exciting. So I come to these stories with a hard edged understanding of the female psychology. You weak men keep telling yourselves women love crybabies. Strong men will keep screwing your wives for you while you cry yourself to sleep. At least you will have the consolation of her putting on a fake face and telling you in a fake, syrupy voice, "But I love you so much," as she secretly shudders with disgust at your pathetic weakness.

How should the story have ended? The man walks away and finds a woman worth his time. I think I'll go read a PAPATOAD story to clean my mind of the residue of mushy crap this story left on it.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Should've been named "A time of prejudice"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! Reading the comments makes it seem like the world is full of sad angry men who were obviously mistreated by their spouses. I read the story as written and, with the background of my great (not perfect) 38 year marriage, realised that there were two people who belonged together but got a few things wrong. Cheesy but romantic resolution of the "5.0 tragedy" was OK for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a disgusting resolution? Are you a fucking retard? A save the marriage baby?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As we walk trough life with rose tinted glasses it get's hard to accept how many tragedies happen in real life.

I would call the story a 5.0 tragedy but for the 5.0 romantic ending.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

These pages are sadly far too full of badly written nonsense about spineless little cucks who think it fun to have a woman piss on them. Didn't really need another

juderboyjuderboyabout 2 years ago

This was not a stupid story or plot. If something like this were to happen, this one was well thought out. However, I can’t stand a guy with no balls. How hard do you have to get kicked in the nuts before you understand that going back for seconds is a dumb idea. This bitch cut his nuts off and blamed him for it. Andy how did she pay for her crimes? She ends up married to the guy again and has his baby. Ouch, that hurt!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This should be in the ridiculous "Loving Wives" category, it was that stupid!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid story. Stupid plot. Forced reconciliation (I want to have your baby is the third stupid reason to force a RAAC behind, "I'll take a bullet for you" and "I have cancer"). All the issues they had as a couple (lack of communication, no trust, immaturity, etc) were not addressed in your story.

Your major plot secret (who made the call and tried to split them up, was explained in a line and didn't have a proper development).

Not a single reference to Jas seeing a therapist (or Tim to get over his wife's betrayal). All their problems magically disappeared because she wanted a baby.

norcal62norcal62almost 3 years ago

Oh, yes. Use a better editor.

norcal62norcal62almost 3 years ago

The old, "Have a baby, makes everything okay" ploy, following annoying filler.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 3 years ago

This was a pretty good, though standard tale, until the whole "having your baby" thing. Then it became a simple RAAC. After that it just became boring. For it to have been interesting, there should have been more drama. Wasted_Raven's 'fic, "The Last to Know", which starts out similar, had a better and more believable ending. Just my opinion.

-

Pasqual

62276227almost 3 years ago
DUMB.

Guy needs to grow a pair. He had a year to sulk, then he should have forced her hand and either gotten it over with or had it out in court.

And regardless of how much "in love" you are with someone, time does heal.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 for this story.

The plot was too convoluted and totally unbelievable.

It was also about 5 pages too long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stupid plot line!

He should have stayed divorced from the bitch. Jas was so stupid, why re-marry the stupid bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Most people are smart enough not to hold their hand in a fire, but if he was so hung up, he had the opportunity to reconcile in 18 months. So why did he after 10 years if he didn't want to then?

Of course, the marriage must have really been garbage to not survive one anonymous phone call.

That and a few small things aside, I liked the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I cried

Lost my wife of 60 years past January. Cried throughout story for the love you wrote. Wish they didn't get back together sooner. For the strong love he had if was me I would have taken back first time we talked.

Great story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Yeah

Good story on the plus side. On the negative side, bespoke is my nomination for dumbest word on LW

JhWALLJhWALLalmost 4 years ago
Just goes to show

Don't be to quick to judge without the full facts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Mixed

Fine, it’s a fairy tale with a happy ending ? She’s delusional, deranged and cruel. He is an idiot to even consider taking back someone who has treated him so badly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What....

I thought he received the divorce papers right away? It sure reads like that...not months later! Besides their marriage must have been really shaky or she was a little short in the brain compartment! Stupid is too good for her.... or should I say doolally?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A perfect ending

Loved this story , all of it !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Overlooking the small sh-t

There was only a couple of things. Why didnt she identify the caller? Why did she give up so easily? But all in all, I loved the story. Bring on some more. Please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Not realistic, she did not do enough to warrant forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
God

What a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
???

You couldn't beg me to take her back. NEVER. She thru it all away for absolutely nothing. She doesn't deserve forgiveness, but even if forgiven never take her back...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
to chief

His bruised ego???!! seriously this character left without even checking into if he was cheating or not. No confronting him face to face. No investigating or discussion she just left. And you toss it all at the man's feet. IF this was a real event and it was you wi wonder how your ass would feel? by the way did you like cleaning my cum out of your wife's cunt after i fucked her you pathetic simp

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Too long

This would have made more sense to me if only a couple of years’ passed, but 9 years?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This is why SAHMs shouldn't try to write about workplaces, as people don't accept working for, or with, people who are trying to manipulate them, or push their noses deep into your personal business, if they can just walk across the street. So very, very retarded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Predictable but nice anyway!

Let the blowhards belch and fizz. It is an old story. Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets her back again. What you did to make it come alive was to throw in some pretty twisty bits so we had moments of doubt along the way. Then you brought it all home and we get a happy ending.

I hope your unforgiving complainers grow up some day and stop feeling so self-righteous.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Stupid plot

lame dialogues, poor resolution.

So the wife makes the mistake of a lifetime and when she discovers all about it she still feels entitled. She should be on her knees begging him to forgive her, She should be licking his shoes and asking for a second chance. None of this happened.

When he lashed her out, she stood up to leave. She's an entitled bitch.

You didnt portray a man in love, you portrayed a wimp. Maybe you look inside your soul to write him?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
1* Horrible plot and dialogue

Wimpy whiney husband with a moronic wife.

Typical wimp Euto writer. The real Euro men are in Russia.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Garbage

This story is a collection of garbage; it wasn't worth reading all of it so I skipped to the end to give it its "1" star.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
First read this yarn three years ago

It is a sad tale of wasted years because of one spouse failure to communicate with the other spouse. In addition the aggrieved spouse after finding out what happened couldn’t get control of his bruised ego. As I said, a sad story.

norcal62norcal62over 6 years ago
LW always good to show British culture. Not especially good British culture.

Starting off with the "steaming mug of tea," announces where we are. And then, the interaction, or lack of, between spouses, further illustrates the problems of people intelligently dealing with one another. Ruttweiler has a good insight on this. I still, after years of LW stories, can't understand why Brit couples don't talk to each other.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 6 years ago
I’m confused...

The intro says that these characters are English, but from the inhuman way they act and speak, I’d have guessed they were aliens.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
good writing

but i have to say sorry, nfw she just leaves. no face to face, nadda. sorry divorce ends that. find a better wife not a damage case . still up to the baby deal it was good

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
I HAVE TO AGREE THEY WASTED ALL THOSE YEARS

Sad really we burying our hearts in misery! Why you never had them in counseling and who bloody rang her? SAD Really ★★★★☆WOOF

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
11 Years Wasted!

As lovely as the ending,with their reconciliation,I can't get past how stubborn/ foolish these two were to waste 11 prime years of their lives.

Maybe the Bard thought that "All's well that ends well." BUT,regret for time wasted will temper that for these two!

Rickman48Rickman48about 7 years ago
Marriage

Is about what you forgive, not what your rights are. I'm going to say this hit home for a number of personal reasons I'm not at liberty to share but I thought it was incredibly well done. Thank you!

Rick

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I gave up by page 4, incredibly boring.

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
Fool That He Is

Stayed DIVORCED you fool. More heart break to come. She left because she can't trust you or any man for that matter. She must of had her heart broken earlier in life.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago
Contrived

The wife was a gigantic idiot for acting on such flimsy evidence, Tim an even bigger one for taking her back after so much hurt.

Not to mention too many Contrived elements to make this an enjoyable tale.

After two years he should gotten over some of the hurt, and at least started dating again, if for no other reason than to get laid.

Anything else just comes across as melodramatic, and makes him seem like a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Should of Stayed Divorced

Tim should not of gotten back with Jas. She wouldn't listen to him or even discussed anything with him.she just walked away and filed for divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a unique representation of what can happen

when people don't talk to each other.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 7 years ago
Pain?

Reading the comments here I have come to a conclusion. Not one of you knows what true pain is. Separated from my blood family at age 5, molested from age 2 to 12, beaten to within an inch of my life, I found purgatory. No one touched me, not even a handshake for the next 12 years, to wotking 90 hours a week for 12 years. Try that for pain, and then tell me you wouldnt wait 10 years for the love of your life, and anger to mellow? Try the reality, this story was one hell of an excellent story. I cried as it reminded me of all that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Stupid, Stupid, Stupidpp.

Reading some of negative comments all I can say is Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

When I imagine those people that didn't like your story I see "sad lonely people sitting in a room with no windows stroking themselves while crying. Crying because they can't figure out why they are by themselves."

Because you're Stupid with no common sense or feelings.

This story was made up, your reaction to a made up story is Stupid without any feelings.

If you have a mate, your mate must also be lonely and wondering what the hell was I thinking to be fooled by you knowing that their mate is a heartless Stupid person. With just a little planning they will strip you of everything you have.

The one thing they won't take because you don't have any is your pride and feelings. Because you have neither!

Sorry for the rant I get tired of stupid people, particularly when there is no reason to be cruel!

Easy Five Star rating!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Bizarre but fun to read.

I didn't really like either one.

She was incredibly stupid and he was extremely slow in the matter of his heart.

Fun read though I find it strange to be separated for over 10 years and not have sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
one thought

Writing a story, anything really, takes much more than a way with words. Writing requires a supreme effort, discipline, and dedication. Then there is the conversation with one's self that convinces the author to share those words. Most people do not have such confidence or strength to not be crushed by criticisms.

I do not like every story on this site. I abhor cheaters and their rationalizations. So I hate the resolutions of some authors.

HOWEVER I APPLAUD THEIR EFFORTS AND COURAGE.

PERSONAL ATTACKS FROM ANONS ARE MORE REPUGNANT THAN THE CHARACTERS IN SOME STORIES WHO DERIVE PLEASURE FROM HUMILIATING THEIR SPOUSES

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Divorce is an effective way to end a toxic relationship, . . .

but a stupid way to punish a mistake. Marriage is about make the best of a partnership that is better than any alternative partnership, or no partnership. If Tim or Jas had found suitable partners after their divorce then it would make sense that they never hook up again. But after nine years, still preferring each over all others, why not reconnect? As punishment? Who is really being punished? We can fault Tim for not finding a smarter more mature woman, but how can we ignore that many people are smarter today than they were yesterday. Jas and Tim are now older and wiser, and still prefer each other. It was a reasonable ending, and a romantic one.

Thank you for your time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good Story

Anonymous 2/29/2016, really HarryinVA, when are you going to stop acting like a child by giving shit reviews behind anonymous name!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

This has to be the most MORONIC thing I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Blah! Blah! Blah!

Divorce is just that, DIVORCE. She put him through Hell. No way should he of taken her back..

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It's a 5...

when at the end of the story I have a smile on my face. I am an erotic romance junky and you consistently satisfy my addiction. It is my hope that you are as addicted to writing them as I am to reading them. Thanks

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THE OLD WAYS ARE STILL THE VERY BEST ONES

but you must learn to live with them, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Laughable Characters

The premise was very interesting. Then I got to the point where the reason of her leaving him was revealed and then I was like being punched so hard. Wth were you thinking this is so absurd! And to think the female character was described as someone having an intelligence, she clearly showed she had a bean for a brain. Well, husband isn't the sharpest tool out there too. And to make matters worst, the author made them both saints. 9 years without being with someone intimately is laughable. Honestly, they were both healthy adults. I could understand few years without having sex but 9 yrs, really??? Laughable. Please make your stories close to reality, you've been hanging out in your dreamland for too long.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 8 years ago
Great Story

Second read just as good as the first...but...ten years?? I would think four would be a stretch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Absurd

Deep into fantasy territory. These two make the most stupid couple in history.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I laugh

at all the commentors who defend you. Not because they're defending you, but they say its all because you're British.

Always gotta make it a racial thing for some reason......

(another reason why I hate how Lit made a separate category for interracial)

Personally, I think those haters are definitely just in the wrong category (horny BDSM fuckers.....grrrrr)

On a positive note, I think I felt reader heartache multiple times throughout the story. Overall, 5* easy decision.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You write well 5*

Ignore the angry prejudiced anons, they are pathetic. I think there were a few holes in the plot but so what, it was an enjoyable story. I find it strange that many poor American writers are not crticised for their grammar or lack of literary talent but as soon as a Brit writes something using good prose they call them talent-less. Strange, I wonder why that is.....

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 8 years ago
9 years?

He started in his twenties and didn't have anyone for 9 years? I can understand a few years, but if he was such an A type personality I myself cannot see a nine year highatus. Then she sees someone else who set her straight after eighteen months and then she suddenly accepted this third parties view? She loved him so much that she didn't say a word to him for that amount of time? She finally gets with him and just walks out because he is a bit peeved at her actions? They both needed mental health assistance! She loves him so much that she leaves him for another seven plus years and now she wants his babies? She could not have loved him. To just walk out without a word and no contact, he refuses to push her into a meeting if for no other reason than to find out why she left? And after almost a decade, he never found someone else, and neither did she but he is willing to have a baby with her? She is a narsasistic self centered person if ever there was one. I am all for a good romance, and a real reconciliation but, this one takes the cake. If she loved him she would be on blended knee begging him to take her back, and get her family to apologize to him for all the insults and defamation of his character.

Since this is fiction it was a decent piece, but had to give it a four. What happens the next time when someone tells her he is sexually abusing farm animals, will she jump ship on him at the same time again with no proof and no communication? She is the definition of nuts. But, then again this is just a fairytale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
got to laugh

At some of the comments.

You can almost see them frothing at the mouth while they try to think of the worst possible insults to throw at the english.

i have known a few englishmen in my life and they would laugh very much at these comments.

funny thing is that not one of the people who write those types of comments would ever dare to say it to the face of an actual english man and if they did they would really not like the outcome.

As to the story, very entertaining.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
exciting and fun to read Annony has no idea what a good story is

This writer is fun to read and enjoy. gave it a 5, and say fuck you dear annony you asshole

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Mindless and cowardly writ. As is norm with the Pommys !!

Boring and talentless. 1* !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
My second time through.

Or is it the third? Each time wonderful, as always with Kezza, the master of this site.

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
Purgatory ? It was more like a self made Hell.

What's true love, but forgiveness.

If she was stupid in her presumptions & actions,he was nothing more than a dumb idiot with an ego bigger than the Milky Way.

What a waste of a decade of life. Its a pity.

pe1erpe1eralmost 9 years ago
They clearly did love each other

I cannot agree with the derogatory comments that have been made. If you really love someone, then whatever they do you will continue to love them! Both the main characters did truly love each other, and in time recognised that they were better together than apart, in spite of what had gone before.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 9 years ago
Communication

Or the lack of, is always the key. From the author of one the all time greats, Abby...another great story. Nothing yet for 2015. Anything new on the horizon?

RPGerRPGeralmost 9 years ago
The disclaimer...

The characters in this story are English therefor the story is written to reflect that. There is little graphic sex.

ROFL!

c1992wc1992walmost 9 years ago
Probably the best story in Literotica in this category

Thank you for using precise language and creating a unique plot. Damn! I fell in love with Jes myself!

To your detractors: Fiction, according to Aristotle, describes people and their actions as they might be and ought to be. Kezza67, you did Aristotle proud!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1*

this plot is just too stupid.

calflashcalflashabout 9 years ago
pretty unbelieable

First her reason for the divorce then for conceiving his child after 10 years. I can't believe they were both celibate all that time at their ages. I know many woman say they "know" when they conceived but in a week!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Self inflicted purgatory.

When you can't accept after eighteen months that she is gone you really need mental counseling.

Leaving like that and staying way for that long because of a rumor speaks to her core personality.

If they both had high standards why either one of them would take each other is beyond me.

The old saying applies both of them:

I wouldn't have anyone who would lower their standards enough to have me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Anonymous Should Start Writing

Another five for Kezza67. I have noticed in the comments after several Kezza67 stories that Anonymous writes a comment that would actually be a good story if fluffed out a bit. He/she should publish one here on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hits too close to home..

When I was young, some 40 years ago I was head over heels in love with a young woman whom I had grown up next to. We lost our virginities together and all the experimenting that comes with it. Then we set a date for our marriage and everything fell apart.

At my bachelors party, there were strippers who ended up fucking everyone there. Yes, everyone. The thing was, I wasn't there, I was home sick with food poisoning and couldn't get 10' from the bathroom. It was coming out of both ends and I was that way for 72 hours, not contacting anyone. Finally, when I was able to start moving around, the first thing I did was try and contact my betrothed. She didn't answer. I tried her folks and they were curt, not giving me any information. I went over to my fiancé's apartment and she was gone. Just gone. After a moment with the manager, I found she'd turned her key in and loaded her belongings in her little car and that was the last he'd seen of her.

It took almost six weeks before I got a glimmer of what had happened. Someone had contacted my fiancé and told her about the stripper party and how they fucked everyone there. No one seemed to have mentioned I wasn't there. When I explained it to her friends, they were horrified about what happened but it was to no avail, she was gone with no forwarding address and her folks refused to speak with me. I was in hell.

Fast forward about 5 years and with all my time spent in building a small business that was just starting to finally be in the black, there was a knock at my door, I lived above my business in a tiny apartment to save money and be close to my work. I wasn't expecting anyone and when I opened the door and Julie stood there, you literally could have knocked me down with a feather. The problem was, she had a big black eye and a swollen place on her jaw. She wanted to talk.

Rather than let her in, I followed her down the outside steps and to a picnic area I had built off the rear of my business for my customers, I owned a deli. We sat down, I hadn't uttered a word yet, and I just looked at her. She was having trouble speaking around the swollen jaw. It turns out, she finally found out what happened when she got around to contacting an old friend in our hometown where I still lived. She apologized, horrified she hadn't given me a chance to defend myself or even check on me, she heard I had been close to death. I let her prattle on and said nothing.

Finally she came out with it. She had met someone and married him. I would have imagined this news would have made me sick, but I felt nothing, her actions had burned my love away. They had been married for about 3 years when he started drinking with the bad economy after having lost his job. With the drinking she learned he was an abusive drunk and he began to beat her, the last time being the most severe and she'd left. Although she never really came out and asked, she wanted to know about my status. Instead of answering her I just thanked her for the information and left her sitting there as I went back to the stairs leading to my tiny apartment. I heard tears and turned back toward her and when she saw that, she told me she had no where else to go, not coming right out and asking if she could stay with me. My answer was short, I told her to talk with her parents, they were still alive and around. I believe she was stunned when I turned and went into my place and saw her slowly make it back to her old car she'd had when we were together.

Someone told me she'd moved back in with her folks and her ex had been around looking for her. Then one day she came into my deli and had her husband with her. She tried to introduce us but I ignored her and let my only employee take care of them. They were trying to get back together but I really did my best to avoid her, or them. Over the next month, she must have been in my deli at least a dozen times and I was successful in avoiding her, before she disappeared, presumably back with her husband.

That lasted another two weeks and she stopped by my deli again, trying to talk to me and this time, I agreed. We took a table and a couple sandwiches and she told me it was over, he'd beat her up again when she agreed to go back with him. She was with her parents and was looking for a place of her own. I congratulated her for escaping her marriage and finally broke down and said something I'd promised I wouldn't when I told her she had good practice leaving relationships. She burst out in tears and ran from my store, I hoped that would be the last time I would see her.

I was disappointed when she came back in, this time with her folks. They asked to speak with me and I agreed, the day was slow and I was alone. Her folks apologized about how they ignored me and thought I was guilty without knowing the whole truth. They did a lot of talking at me and I did a lot of listening, though without really hearing. Finally, they got down to it. My ex said she was divorcing her husband and asked if I was interested in getting back together, she and her folks were so sorry about the misunderstanding.

I looked at them like they were retarded, which they were. Here is about what I said, as best as I can remember. "You and I were in love, at least I was. We were going to get married, have children and spend the rest of our life together. Then, you hear a goddamned rumor and fly off the handle without ever giving me a chance to defend myself and now all the sudden you are wanting to get back together with me like nothing ever happened?

"You're asking me to suddenly start trusting you again, a woman who up and left her fiancé? The fiancé who moved away, married another man and now you want me to accept a high mileage pussy back?" Her parents bristled at that. "I was in love with you and you moved away and married another cock, going to have a family and live happily ever after with him and all the sudden I should take you back and forgive and forget? Are you kidding me?

"No Julie, no thanks. You had your chance, we would have had a wonderful life together. Go out and with your parents blessing, find another chump, this time perhaps someone who doesn't beat on you. Because this bus left and you weren't on it, you were riding on someone else's 'bus'." With that, I got up and began to help other patrons who had come in. They hung around, hoping I'd come back and listen to 'reason' but I didn't. Eventually, they left but by then I was so busy, I didn't notice.

Julie came in for the next year, off and on. It was mostly an apology-fest but I was unswayed, her parents came in together and individually off and off too. During the time I would have thought she moved on, but she didn't. Her parents are the ones who told me of her divorce being final and I was the one to tell them, I didn't care and that they were part of why I didn't care.

My business was taking off and there was literally a line at my store door during the summer months, forcing me to hire two more employees. One was a college graduate that helped me with my books and she turned out to be invaluable. Something 'clicked' between us and soon we were dating. My ex's parents didn't give up but I did happen to see Julie on the arm of a few different men, though none she brought in. When she came in, she was always alone and made it plain, she would like to get back together.

I proposed to Maryanne and she accepted. Alone and without family, we had a very small wedding and she insisted on moving in and we stay in the tiny apartment, why blow a lot of money on a big home when we were so close to work? Evenings were spent outside in my picnic area and 6 days per week we worked 12+ hours per day. Maryanne thrived on the work and soon we were opening two more deli's in neighboring towns.

Finally it all ended. Maryanne was tired of Julie, although we never mentioned we were married. Her and I were walking down along the river at our local state park and saw a car parked in the brush and we were concerned because we could hear shrieks. Running up to it, we looked inside to find Julie in a threesome with two other men and she had one in her pussy and the other in her ass. When I realized, I just looked in the opposite side, right into her face and grinned! I'd figured out whoever it was wasn't in trouble and when she looked up and saw me grinning, she started shrieking for real. Maryanne and I left and I'm sure they heard our laughter for a half mile!

The next day was the last time I saw Julie, ever. She stopped in and apologized and tried to make it sound as if she were forced. I started to laugh and told her, "nice try." She talked again about getting back together, we could get past her threeway. I didn't have a chance to respond, my wife came up behind her and asked her to leave and leave her husband alone. Julie was shocked to know we were married. I left by Maryanne sat and they talked for a half hour or so and when she left, my wife told me that was the last we'd see of her.

She was right, thank the good Lord!

Cassy16Cassy16over 9 years ago
Doolally

Love the colloquial English - We Colonials love it too.

Cheers

Tony from NZ

phd70phd70over 9 years ago
As mentioned by others, change the 9 years to 4!

Fine tale, but time dragged on too long! Perhaps a British author with all the centuries of British history in mind, has a different sense of time! Was still a fine tale.

Dan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A wonderfully written story!

The author is just fantastic! I can't say enough good about the style, I loved it immensely.

But the premise is not believable. The first thing I did was ask my wife as she walked by, what she would do if the same circumstances happened to us. She looked at me as if I'd went mad and told me she'd wait until I got home and then grill me. Keep in mind, this was a woman who had a boyfriend that cheated on and hurt her terribly, he was THE one for her.

But the idea that a woman, or man, would do something like that with no confrontation, is hard to believe. And if they did, the dirtbag would deserve all the scorn that could be applied.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
I went up and down with this story

i agree with others the time laps between the divorce and the te conciliation was way too long. Also Tim was a little to hard headed and irrationally stubborn after finding out the truth about what happened to cause Jas to flee. These are minor point. This story is a very good read and well constructed.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
It was a loving story -

About a stupid woman who failed miserably - BUT - paid big time -

The 9 years was simply too long - separated for 11 years and ponly together for 3 strains the bonds soo much - not that it could not happen even - just that it should not have happened.

They both own the long term pain -

Great idea for the finish though LOL - transparent yes and workable too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Years!

Change the '9' to '4' and castigate (ouch) your editor!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
So near to perfection ...

Loved the story, albeit with the too-long hiatus. I very much appreciate your almost-perfect grammar. Only found two to complain about: "Andrew got Mike and I together" … (Mike and me) and "He left mum, Archie and I a lot of money." (He left … me a lot of money.) I know its a popular misuse, but popularity doesn't make it proper.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

I gave it five stars, but the 8 years was a bit long for these two to have waited on each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it

But I agree - nine years? It should have been four tops. Other than that no complaints. Lovely story.

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
liked it, but...

the 9 years was way too much.

carvohicarvohialmost 11 years ago
I hope you read this.

First, it was a wonderful story, and wonderfully written. I gave it a well deserved five. Second, like several others I thought the nine year lapse was overlong, but then I reconsidered. I am an American, but of Scottish ancestry in a southern state where the population until only very recently has been overwhelmingly singularly ethnically Scottish. I suppose there is some insularity among British people in the midlands too. Though Scottish types are kind and generous and not at all morose as some would suggest; there is a latent inertia in our nature. Nine years could pass without any serious action. I'd prefer that it didn't, but it could have just as easily been thirty years and a couple of death bed regrets. Third, I suppose I would have preferred some kind of more meaningful epilogue; a reference to a happy baby boy, a second pregnancy, and the redemption that comes from true love lost but at last regained. Last, I see you've constructed a long love story. My guess is you'll glean a lot fewer comments, but those received will be more worthwhile. I've dropped a few stories in the Loving Wives category, and have garnered more than my share of anonymous tongue lashings. A man like your protagonist certainly wasn't a wimp, and your heroine wasn't childish. They were two kind souls caught up in a tragedy. Back to the anonymous commenters; there are a lot of unhappy people out there. I feel for them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Praise

This is one of the finest and most moving stories ever to appear on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Hard to like the Protagonists in this story

Could you have devised two dumber people? She divorces him without ever talking to him. He LETS her divorce him because he loves her so much - again without talking to her? I'm all for happy endings but these two deserved to be apart the way this story was written. The implausibility of two people supposedly so much in love that they'd divorce without speaking is just too much to rate this story too highly. And then to wait for 9 years before getting back together? Again, it seems too unbelievable to think that one or the other would not have found another partner in those years. This isn't Romeo and Juliet.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous