A Timeless Place Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I agree. But then again, I still have to talk to my family." Jonathan lifted the drink taking a couple needed swallows. "You relax. Bruce already said he likes the place. I doubt we'll close it. But I do wantchya to clean it up some."

"Clean what up?" David asked inquisitively.

"Get rid of the pimps and drugs, Dave. No more. I don't want to be forced to close it if you won't comply." Jonathan leaned forward shifting in his seat a bit. His eyes were focused somewhere in front of him, so distant they appeared to David.

"Jonathan, that's half yer business here," The manager stiffened in surprise.

"You heard me, Dave. No more. You want me to be myself, I am. Uncle Jim's business isn't mine. If the club can't make it on it's own without that, then we'll have to close it down." Jonathan's voice was still even and unthreatening.

Sighing heavily, David nodded. "Okay, kid. Yer the boss." He stood going to the desk opening the same drawer again. Then he tossed a pack of cigarettes to Jonathan who caught it with a grin.

"You were readin' my mind, man," He giggled. Opening it, he put one between his lips. David grabbed a lighter tossing that to him as well. Jonathan leaned forward grabbing it before it dropped to the floor. Sitting back, he lit up taking a long reminiscent drag.

A knock came at the door that was unexpected. David looked at Jonathan expecting him to jump up and run down the stairs to the stage, but he didn't. With a light chuckle of relief suddenly, he went to the door recalling that Jim no longer was alive. He opened the door revealing Bruce standing there.

"Hey, Bruce." Jonathan grinned as the man eyed him with reservations for some reason. "Come on in, it's yer office too."

The man smiled stepping in, nodding to the man that was holding the door for him.

"This is Bruce, David. He's half owner of the club now. Bruce, this is David, our manager." He introduced them to each other.

Bruce then stopped turning to the man giving him a nice healthy Georgia handshake. "Pleased to meetchya." He said seriously.

"I'm glad to meet you, too. Jonathan's been filling my ear about you and his new family," David took his arm leading him to the chair beside Jonathan.

"Oh, has he, now? I do hope it was all good," Bruce asked as he sat.

"Yeah, it was." Jonathan didn't reserve any emotions about it either. "And I'm drinkin' alcohol." He lifted the glass taking a sip. "Smokin' cigarettes too."

"Don't get cocky, kid," Bruce eyed him seriously. "I can still bend you over my knee." Jonathan moaned. "I wouldn't fight that," he grinned.

Bruce chuckled. "Go ahead and enjoy yerself. Just don't make it a habit," He propped an elbow on the arm of the chair.

David watched the interaction between the two. It seemed to be they were acting like father and son. He grinned, half laughing, as he settled in the knowledge a little. Sitting behind his desk he waited, but not too long.

"David is wonderin' if we're gonna close the club." Jonathan addressed Bruce then.

"Oh?" The man looked to Jonathan with a curious expression. He was noticing how the young man was acting so reposed in his new position as the owner. It seemed very striking and odd to say the least. This was a side of Jonathan he had never seen before. Still, he wasn't really taken unawares by it. However, he was very pleased by him taking on such a huge responsibility.

"Yeah. He's all worried we're gonna shut it down." Jonathan flicked his ashes in the ashtray on the small table between them. It appeared to Bruce he had smoked before he met him.

"Well, it's a good question to consider. I mean, is it profitable? Makin' money? Or is it hangin' in limbo?" Bruce asked then.

"It will be when I clean it up." David proposed then. His delivery was emphatic and laced with warning.

"I don't think so, Dave. Give it a chance, okay?" Jonathan piped then.

"Clean it up? What do ya mean?" Bruce asked looking over at Jonathan for clarification. His head turned sharply at the manager who answered.

"Well, he asked me to get rid of the pimps and drugs. If I do, the business will drop a little, or a lot." The manager informed him. He lifted his hands from the desk, palm side up. With a shrug he expressed his concerns to Bruce openly.

"You ordered that?" Bruce queried with a grin. He appeared to be surprised by it, but inside he wasn't. It actually made him proud that Jonathan would do that readily. And it seemed to Bruce that his first decision as owner was a very wise one indeed.

"Damn straight! I don't want that kinda reputation hangin' over me." Jonathan quipped. With his body language as he shifted in his seat again, the two men could see he was more than serious. The tone he used bordered on distain for the crime side of his Uncle.

Jonathan settled in his chair again, taking a long drink of the glass in his hand. Resting his arm on the arm of the chair he then lifted the cigarette to his lips drawing hard.

Bruce gave an impressed, approving grimace at his decision. "You heard the boss," He shifted, taking out a cigarette, lighting it. His stare at David was one of purpose and determination. "Let's just see if it'll hold its own afterwards. Then we'll decide." He added.

David nodded. "Okay…" he sighed long, leaning back in his chair. He wasn't happy about the idea, but he would comply to the new boss' wishes none the less. It was his only hope that after the dust had settled that he still had a job.

12