All Comments on 'A View to Die For'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Rally Believable.

This story seams sew realistic especially with the reality of kids, prior anguish, and patience. The story was enjoyable two reed and made cents. I wood like too sea second follow up story. Good job and thanks!

JonTaylorJonTaylorover 11 years ago
Enjoyed

You're a good story-teller. Good pace and real people for characters. The comment by Anonymous was a funny read of its own and I expectred some spelling issues in your story. But none materialized. Not sure what Anon's point was. Will there be a chapter two on the rally after you finish the race? Hope so.

estragonestragonover 11 years ago
Good Local Colour

and the explanations for those unfamiliar with Australia and its auto racing rules weren't overly intrusive. I like Tiffany and the children: well-drawn characters, even if slightly too-good-to-be-true.

But you really need to stop the run-on sentences, and use paragraph breaks to let us know who's speaking. Using the services of a copy editor familiar with Australian usage would be a help.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WHEN YOU LOSE A LOT

try hard to recover more and better, TK U MLJ LV NV

ipmwebipmwebover 11 years ago
Rally Time

Lets hear what happened during and after the rally!!

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

I liked the story, maybe a few more chapters are in order.

sun_sea_skysun_sea_skyover 11 years ago
Nice story

I liked the characters, and the way you described the guy in the wheelchair getting on with his life, and perving at the next-door neighbour.

My only complaint is that the dialog sounded stilted in places, like they were reading their lines. How old are the kids? They just sound a bit mature for pre-pubescents.

This part could have become three paragraphs IMHO:

> Tiffany had to work tonight ... it was noon before we got out of bed ... After a light lunch of sandwiches and coffee she invited me to join her at the pool.

In a single paragraph you went from afternoon to midnight to lunch and a dip in the pool. Adding those paragraphs would help signal the passage of time.

Fun read, though. :)

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
gotta agree

Now that deteriorating health has left me a professional pedestrian (the quick or the dead) for the last few years. Watching how poorly most people drive is much more noticeable from my POV (dashing, well hobbling for the sidewalk). All that advanced technology and powerful machinery and people never seem to make any effort to learn to use either properly or safely.

I remember years ago there was n analysis done of Police Accident Reports that vividly displayed that PAR invariably blamed the pedestrian for causing the accidents. The analysis showed two biases by the Investigators.

First, that the Police were themselves drivers and would skew their conclusions in favor of the involved drivers when they stopped to render assistance to the stricken pedestrian. And focus their reports on any possible fault by the pedestrian.

Second, the Police enjoy chasing perceived criminals. When the driver failed to stop and render aid and the police had the opportunity to pursue. Their reports would invariably blame the driver and overlook any possible pedestrian contribution to their involvement.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Great story with numerous lessons t9o nbe learned -

You obviously know about driving and some fair bit about people. It shows in all of your stories -

The relationship needs to fill out but I suspect it will LOL.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories